Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Fabulous Calvary edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=977950368
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DE book announced over the weekend

2nd for Orks

what the fuck is that image

>Legacy rules
>I2

Which 40k faction is getting a book next? I'd it crons?

Does anyone else want fluff about the current status of the Minotaurs.

Shoundn't they be a little bit fucked, since they kinda of have a blood-fued with the ultramarines (and successors) and now Guilliman is their new boss.

>Genestealers Calvary

They always answered to the High Lords of Terra iirc, and now Guilliman's gone and executed them all and flat-out replaced them.
Methinks the Minotaurs would be hell-bent on killing Guilliman.

How would he feel about the current state of the imperium?

Tfw you get an extra gift from the warp that is the USPS

Hey I'll take a free dark shroud, even though I just magnetized my landspeeder vengeance

The only gripe is that the shoulder pads are all reversed and missing a few bits

But it was free! Sorry to the person who actually bought it, hope you get your money back

> gone and executed them all and flat-out replaced them.

He only replaced about half. (source: Dark imperium)

And don't forget guilliman IS a high lord.

Am I missing something or does Eisenhorn not have Barbarisater?

The model represents him before he got barbisater. The rod in his left hand likely represents the lightsaber-esque energy sword he had in the first book.

Did that user ever post the audiobooks for the Eisenhorn series?

Thanks to people from last thread i found this picture of what i think is the perfect Great Unclean One, but on closer inspection what the fuck did this guy do whilst assembling it? Its not just the paintjob that harkens back to the 80s, its like a kid assembled it back then.

30k Custodes
>we have 5++ because we are have power fields in our armours
40k Custodes
>we have 5++ warding because of super genes

Are 40k Custodes daemons?
Because from what I know daemons have natural 5++

Im retarded, forgot image.

It looks like it’s tucked behind the pistol holster on his left side.

Hey folks, Chart-user here. Daemons sheet updated for the codex is up: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=977950368

Next up is T'au FW (should be quick) and then Death Guard. Cheers.

SOON

Good catch.

I kinda wish GW would go back to making models for the better BL characters. Eisenhorn's retinue and a RoboGlaw model would be dope.

Demons don't have a 4++ just because they go with other deamons do they?

Asked in the last thread but got no answers because a shitstorm kicked up.
I'm planning to build an admech army, but I mainly want it as an excuse to build something with retro looking sci-fi robots (see picture related). I've tried looking through the 1d4chan page but I can't seem to retain much of the information from it. So first question is can anyone give me a crash course on how to built a good admech list? I heard Cawl's moving castle brought up once or twice but I don't know the exacts on it. The second piece of advice I wanted is what to use as longstriders. I want them to have that retro robot feel but I can't think of anything from other sci-fi that I could run as them, though a thought did come to me to make up some "war of the worlds" tripod walker.
Halp?

I fucking hope they give us back the full 5++ fnp we used to have with PFP 6+ is fucking insulting after all the fucking nerfs we have been getting since the "update" back in 7th

fuck off entitled queer

This is your base for Cawl's moving castle. Read up on the Protocols for the kastelans and how Cawl interacts with AdMech canticles.

>tfw can't tell if I like chaos because I'm a cringy edgelord or because I have daddy issues

But it's after he got his staff... which I'm pretty sure he got at the same time or after the sword.

So... Who knows.

Your mom riding your father

I would hope so, but people say it's Dark Eldar then pussy face commies and then Necrons.
They could be first after Thousand Sons because they are getting a new model though but no one can guess what autism is going on in GW.

I just hope any new models work like the custodies kits.

Each box can be used to build 3 diff types of the same unit. I kinda dig that.

I really hope DE gets new models. I mean fucking sig got new stuff for DE yeah?

ebic :DDD

What I'm getting from this is that khornates should take warpclaw and other soul grinders should take warpsword.

Unlike the craftworld faggots our army have only ever received nerfs, wargear taken away and given to the craftbitches, so fuck you I want my shit back!!!

Alright so this is gonna be one half of the army huh? Anything you'd recommend for the other half? I know you can build a pretty bare bones battalion for around 1k but I'm not sure how well that would fly.

>why_not_both.png

Think about what sort of playstyle you want to do and let us know. I'm at work for another hour and then I'll go through more in depth with strengths / weaknesses etc

>those are one in the same
i only like them cause their fuggin metal

>Cawl's moving castle
...FUCK I LOVE THAT NAME

Is an all tank space marine army viable with a rhino primaris/excelsior as my HQs? I'm talking nothing but armor, maybe dreadnoughts too.

>he doesn't play DE for the pain of playing them

You put your faction to shame

Hopefully at the Weekender this weekend people grill the FW guys about 40k ports
Cyraxus never
Custodes

Pinks are 4++, brim 6++, etc...

Viable sure, competitive may be lacking if you are playing something like ITC missions where it would be real easy to rack up points on you. killshot is good, but you need something for objective capturing. 3 basic scout squads should be enough though.

great paintjob but I agree those gaps are fucking killing me.

Also, like in the last thread.

All custodies in a battleforged army are 4++

Tweaked my list a bit from last thread.

How's this?

Open The Vaults (+1 Relic)

HQ: Shield Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike w/ Interceptor Lance, Auric Aquilis, and Salvo Launcher 175pts

HQ: Shield Captain w/ Castellan Axe, Misericordia, Eagle's Eye, and Warlord: Superior Creation 128pts

Troops: Custodian Guard squad of 3 w/ Guardian Spears and Misericordia 168pts

Troops: Custodian Guard squad of 5 w/ Sentinel Warblades and Storm Shields 295pts

Troops: Custodian Guard squad of 5 w/ Sentinel Warblades and Storm Shields 295pts

Elites: Allarus Custodians squad of 5 w/ 2 Castellan Axes and Misericordia 434pts

Elites: Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought w/ Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon 195pts

Elites: Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought w/ Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon 195pts

Elites: Vexilla Praetor w/ Guardian Spear, Misericorida, and Vexilla Imperius 146pts

Fast Attack: Vertus Praetor squad of 5 w/ 2 Salvo Launchers and Misericordia 500pts

Heavy Support: Venerable Land Raider w/ Storm Bolter and Hunter Killer Missile 408pts

Total = 2999 pts

Can't capture shit captain.

This fucking guy is selling this thing for commission. He probably spent a good part of his day painting this thing, so why spend FIVE MINUTES assembling?

You could use Sergeant Chronus as your HQ and because you're Ultramarines you can take the Terminus Ultra too, I think it could work decently enough

Your categories for defenders are meaningless without stats. What do you consider light/medium/heavy infantry? What about vehicles? What toughness/saves are we talking about?

Well I own a Slaanesh daemons army which is my assualty army, and I've played pretty much everything else, I like the idea of lots of shooting with good guns, but what I really need is a list to take objectives, pop tanks (guard run rampant in my meta) and deal with the sperg-lords who think Magnus, morty, and a knight are A) a good list and B) completely acceptable as a fluff army.

Spears are better than swords, and venerable dreadnoughts are useless when you can take 3-4 more custodians per each which have much more staying power, cword control, and statistically more damage to heavy targets.

Drop the LR and dreads, grab another squad of terminators and bikes and more basic bois.

Me and my buddies usually just play kill each other instead of objectives anyway.

since I'm not getting chapter tactics anyway, I could probably just throw chronus in the terminus for a cheap +1 bs upgrade

Gonna share my list after fucking around a bit.

Oh the muses know I do but, fuck anyone if I'll remain idly sit as the ynarii and craftworlds faggots steal our thunder

if yall dont play objectives just predator his dick off. Also be a cock and hide whirlwinds in a dark corner and be the first guy to use that autohit stratagem with the landspeeder.

Hypothetically who would be best faction in a Brigade only tournament? I understand that this would fuck over some armies and help others. I'm just curious if it would be fun to organize one so I can finally see some troops on the battlefield.

So standard for Custodes is going to be Shield Captain on Dawneagle with Auric Aquilas, Superior Creation, and Victor of the Blood Games right?

Because T6 W7 2+/3++/5+++ re-rolling 1 save per turn is fucking ridiculous.

Primaris marines are heresy.

imperial guard

Thinking about it further however I wouldn't mind going full beep boop robots, with some of the melee robots doing the deepstrike one-trick.

DEFINITELY guard

Any army with cheap troops. so tyranid/ guard. some armies cant even fill-out a brigade without extreme budgeting.

So wait, does that mean it comes out this year or it will be up for preorder or whatever this weekend?

I'm sorry what?

>shield captain on dawneagle jetbike (salvo launcher, eagle’s eye) 175
>shield captain on dawneagle jetbike (salvo launcher) 175
>3 custodians (Guardian spears) 156
>3 allarus terminators (castellan axes) 252
>3 allarus custodians (castellan axes) 252
>3 Vertus Praetors (salvo launchers) 315
>3 Vertus Praetors (salvo launchers) 315
Total 1952, I’d grab more terminators (or Wardens, but I don’t see the use of them v termies) and maybe another shield-captain for a Vanguard Detachment, plus as many more custodians as you want.

It'll be out this year, it is one of the next 3 books.

Where da thousand sons Codex at?

holy shit I just realized I can use that one with a scorpius, definitely doing that shit

How many Heavy Venom Cannon shots can a Custode eat before he's put down?

Pretty sure Shub Niggurath doesn't look like a dollar store goathead Satan user...

Some mechanicus jackass somehow improves upon the best work of big E? Heresy. Chapter civil war now.

Maybe, personally I prefer Emperor's Companion to reroll the damage.

The AoS Death book is next followed by DE, so 3-4 weeks.

Custodes believe Primaris are the will of the Emperor. And they would know.

>Emperors best work
>fully half shit the bed and ruined the galaxy for 10,000 years

They needed improving

What a boring waac list

That was silly they did that in the codex

Hey I'm bored so I'm doing things. Does anyone happen to know the highest/lowest stats in 40k? As in what is the lowest base Strength and Toughness you'll find on a unit profile? 1? 2? Or is Guard statline the lowest at 3?

Does any unit have 10S or 10T just base?

T9 highest

Wait, I mean T16
That is the warlord right?
Some grots or fluff daemons might jave 2s

quick noob question:
Is tzeentch a fire god?

Not especially

1 is the lowest and I think 16 is highest.

>T16

Holy shit that's higher than I thought. Is it a FW model or regular GW?

Selling an army is really stressful right up until it's over, and then it feels peaceful and clean and you wonder why you didn't sell off that army years ago.

Aight so it looks like a SM tank army at 2k points would be:

excelsior and primaris

land speeder with heavy flamer and ass cannon

iron clad dread with chain fist and storm bolter

relic scorpius whirlwind

3 predators

and a terminus

I'm gonna run them as iron hands for the fun stratagems, and using the iron clad to take relic scorpius so I can use the auto hit stratagem since it fires twice if it stays still. Thoughts?

know the feeling. just like buying a house

Maybe.

Warlord Titan
FW
It stands out, bout a toddler in size

It's the warlord titan.

Tzeentch couldn't really be defined as a 'fire god' in fact it's a bit of a false dichotomy to suggest he is

So I've had this idea in my head.

I want a Gargantuan Squiggoth, but it's too expensive.

I was thinking, what if I nab some imperial knight legs and feet (off ebay), take a battlewagon kit and use that as the basis and platform for making some sort of Cyber-Squiggoth that's a bit like an Orky version of an AT-AT? I believe I've got enough leftover eldar or otherwise bits to loot some kind of cannon for its main gun, and plenty of spare big shootas to make six.

Does that sound like a solid plan?

That's more Khaine's thing. Guy's avatars are literally walking lava.

But his horrors and other servants do have a bit of a fire motif going on.

Battlewagon's gunna look a bit small compared to the legs if you ask me, but if you bulk it out a little it should look alright.

Hot damn, are there any non-Lord of War models that even come close to that?

Nope, highest Non-LOW toughness is i think 8, there might be a rare one that are 9.