Danger Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/:
How can we fix samurai?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bahamut#Worshipers
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiamat#Worshipers
youtube.com/watch?v=rgy1TV12LDc
youtube.com/watch?v=vv_qryPwmig
youtube.com/watch?v=81cnXFYZ9ak
dandwiki.com/wiki/Changeling,_Eberron_Variant_(5e_Race)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How can we fix samurai?
By not playing weaboo shit in non-weaboo settings

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Fucking weebs deserve to be gassed, go back to Pathfinder.

>He hasn't Xanathar's
Samurai is canon now bruh.

>Currently at game night
>browsing Veeky Forums because I'm waiting 45 minutes between turns.

Why does my DM think it's a good idea to, in addition to the 8 players he currently has, think its acceptable to have 3 NPCs in the initiative order, as well as regularly putting us against a minimum of 5+ enemies?

Sorry, I don't play non-canon add-ons that don't benefit the game.

have you
I don't know
talked to him

But it's a canon add-on that doesn't benefit the game.

>non-canon add-ons
>calling a part of the rules 'non-canon'
>calling a splat book 'add-ons'
Go back to /v/. They miss you down in Minecraft general.

We've tried. The best he says he can do is tell us to have what we want to do ready in our heads when the turn order comes around.

Doesn't help that it's a 8 person group, because people want to play and our group doesn't like telling people they cant come.

What are some useful magic items for a moon druid
What are some useful magic items for a 4 elements monk? And no "making him a different monk" isn't an option

have you
I don't know
tried making two groups

the MM says celestials tend to be servants/messengers of gods. Do gods like Bahumut or tiamat have an equivalent? a sort of demi-dragon god?

We have, I run the other group, because that second group has only 5 people, there aren't any complaints.

Merge it with the cavalier. A noble soldier who fights from horseback.

Vidya generals go on Veeky Forums you stupid newfag. Now stop feeding the troll.

Alright, I had to dust off my very old, very rare, almost impossible to source documents to answer your very important, very necessary questions, but I think I might have an answer for you, big guy.
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bahamut#Worshipers
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiamat#Worshipers

imagine being so fucking retarded you cant use google

What spells or abilities can I use to heal constructs, like Tiny Servant?

didnt see the new thread when i posted. so - Would battlefield strategy smarts be tied to wisdom or intelligence?

in average-fantasy dnd. Do military soldiers or officers have any kind of badges, or medals?

What's an appropriate level to allow a sufficiently skilled martial combatant to use something like artorias/abyss watchers/berserk guts fighting style?

By that I mean allowing the character to perform certain acrobatic feats while attacking in combat, mostly for visual effect, without having to constantly roll acrobatics for every single attack? It's mostly for visual effect, although I'm contemplating allowing a 10ft gapcloser for melee attacks for those who use it.

Should I put it behind a feat? Should I even bother level gating it at all, as long as the character as a reasonable explanation as to how they learned to fight this way?

Here's some reference material to what I'm talking about:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgy1TV12LDc
youtube.com/watch?v=vv_qryPwmig
youtube.com/watch?v=81cnXFYZ9ak

Int, definitely.

Battlefield tactics is wisdom because wisdom is knowledge of things that aren't true by nature but by some thing's behavioral nature, rather than an objective nature. High intelligence is knowing that you can shoot a man from as far as you can a bow, high wisdom is drawing the man out to someplace where you shoot at them the best.

Just give them a ring of jumping

A magical item to fix the shit monk?
How about a dagger for ritualistic suicide that has +1 to hit

Why wouldn't?

I'd call it an even split desu. INT used for general tactics and WIS for the psychological aspect of it. For example, a general might lean on INT for planning a battle, but the Captain on the frontline or commanding a small squad might rely on WIS more. Also, I'm talking out of my my ass.

This guy says it better than me, but I I anrealy spent a couple minutes typing my post so I'm going to let it go to waste.

Personally I start doing that stuff around ten to twelve.

Intelligence allows you to recall previous engagements, important officers and soldiers in the enemy ranks, the military technology level of foreign powers, how earlier conflicts played out why one side defeated the other, and how the terrain affected those victories. In other words, Intelligence would measure the PREPARATION of the battle.

Wisdom determines your ability to gauge what the enemy is plotting, from recognizing flags, hand and horn signals, and changes in formation. In other words, Wisdom would measure the battle AS IT PLAYS OUT.

Fuck off

You could have a tactics-focused character have WIS to be able to see what small changes to implement on an ever-changing battleground, and require INT for the Grand Strategy memes for maximum CREEEEEED.

I'm obviously new to this or else i wouldn't be reading the fucking monster manual. if i knew the terms i would've looked it up

Do t worry, most people in command do that exact thing.

Int. Reading up on basic strategy, studying war texts, and memorizing/remembering strategies would definitely be the groundwork that most people would rely on in the heat of battle. The case could be made for getting a "gut feeling" for what the best strategy would be for the current moment and improvising strategies on the field of battle, both of which lend themselves to wisdom, but I would argue that the ability to analyze an opponent's strategy (or even simply the state of the participants in battle) and derive a strategy to counter it would be more faithfully represented by Int.

depends on the setting

Either, depending on the character. Book-smarts=intelligence, experience=wisdom, GENERALLY.

Intelligence is consciously applying logic and math to deduce the best plan of action. Wisdom is just knowing it through intuition gained out of experience.

Maybe an item that reduces the cost of his not!spells. Could also go the route of a ring of storing type that let's him bank a couple of them or some ki points that can only be used for spells.

Depends on the setting

Something that gives him more Ki as a bonus action, and Bracers of Defence are always good.

Mending?

One of my players is going Hexblade - what makes for a good patron? And how can I use it to fuck with him?

Let's have a look to our buddy Sun Tzu.
>If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
>If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
>If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Planning, represented by Intelligence, is 'knowing yourself'. Anticipating, represented by Wisdom, is 'knowing the enemy'.
On the other end, Wisdom represents the ability to make quick decisions in the field - Tactics. Intelligence represents careful study and calculated planning - Strategy.

Raven Queen

But that's so predictable ;_;

the raven queen is a cuck don't do it

>Seriously user
>you cant figure this out on your own
Go with Blackrazor. First it seems OP, but then when hes done killing villagers and hes only out with the party for a week, thats when things get fun.
Also if you dont know what Blackrazor is, fucking google it

very average fantasy, but where a basic fantasy military exists. Probably a no-guns type scenario.

Almost every hexblade is unknowingly bound to the Raven Queen.

How else are they going to designate rank within the unit? Rank insignia has been a thing for almost as long as standardized uniforms. Also, there would be battle standards for sure, to visually separate different groups of soldiers.

>from recognizing flags, hand and horn signals, and changes in formation
These are all INT though. Noticing that they are happening is WIS, but knowing what they mean is INT.

we don't

I don't think Mending works to restore hit points.

Could work, although I'm not sure about giving him that much out of combat jumping power when all he wants is to look cool and flip around in combat.

Seems a bit late in the game just to look flashy in combat, considering the party is level 3 now and it'll be months before we hit that level.

Level 3, you're just a bunch of bumpkins wandering around the backwoods jacking off monsters for gold. Level 6, you're moving around the country trying to not get killed by overzealous Flaming Fists that use you as living onaholes. It isn't until you're Level 11 that you and your allies have made a good enough name for yourselves that you can handle real threats and you can stop swallowing dwarf cum.

Wisdom. The best techniques are passed on by the survivors

>This spell can physically repair a magical object or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object.

I'd say ask the DM if you can use Mending on your Tiny Servant so long as it hasn't been outright destroyed. It's not like the statblock is made of HP.

By that logic I should disallow anyone from taking levels in cleric or warlock until at least level 6, since they're too bumfuck for otherworldly powers to bother noticing them until then.

I got a pebble based character in mind. I want to use lodestones to cast Mending on Tiny Servants made of pebbles so they can throw Magic Stones for me.

Your games are very, very different compared to mine.

Are you guys telling me your DMs baby you and let you skip all the levels where you have to sell your body to monsters to level up? What kind of pussy shit is this?

join the /5eg/ discord so you can all play in my magical girl erp session

Is there a source on how long changelings live for?

Banners and such, knights or lords would have insignia to identify themselves, and common soldiers and archers would be kept under banners if they didn't have personal insignia to show where they're from
>Throughout the month of March thousands upon thousands of men bearing weapons assembled throughout England and beyond. They came from everywhere between Wales and East Anglia, and from Scotland to Kent. Thanks to Warwick's cordial relations with lords overseas, Edward's army included a company of soldiers sent by Duke Philip of Burgundy; they carried above them the banner of Louis, the dauphin of France and eldest son of Charles VII.

I tend to forget most of our games make it to at least 15-17, however it's still around there that your party becomes more widely known. By that time you're fighting or have fought things like Aboleths, Beholders and shit like that. Also keep in mind if they start doing that flashy shit now with ease then what are they gonna be doing at that range? Are you gonna let them pull off some legit Herculean feats to show becoming better?

Man, I wish there was some sort of internet search function to look that up...
dandwiki.com/wiki/Changeling,_Eberron_Variant_(5e_Race)

>dandwiki

Both. Intelligence is being able to quote by heart, understand, and apply Sun Tzu's theories on center versus flank advances. Wisdom is being able to say "last time we ran that many infantry hey-diddle-diddle-straight-up-the-middle we got our ass kicked."

UA: Eberron

Yeah no, dandwiki is a piece of shit any nobody should use it.

UA: Eberron has no fluff, save for a brief blurb on the race.

The Eberron Campaign Setting book has them mature at 15 and live similar lifespans to humans.

I don't mean visual emblems or cloth patches, or banners. I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I'm referring more to metal medals.

Make it an INT archetype for Barbarian.

Can you summon swarms with Conjure Animals?

Or so medals? I think that were a much later thing than the typical not-medievaleurope setting

A stand user

Are you telling me your DM mislead you and made you play out his magical realm under the pretense that D&D is played that way? During the session, do you see his hands at all or is he always "rolling dice"?

Sorry for misreading, but yeah, as other user said, medallions made of actual metal are a much more recent invention, like post-Renaissance.

You're not supposed to see the dice rolls, and everyone in the store made it very clear that low-level characters regularly get fucked by high-level monsters. Clearly, you're being coddled because you're fucking retarded.

stands are definitely charisma based

The DM picks the animals you summon depending on how many you choose to summon.

If I were DM I would allow it provided the player understands its a swarm and acts as such in every way.

Stands are based on willpower, which is a Wisdom check. In Stardust Crusaders, Holy Kujo succumbed to her own Stand because she didn't have the will to control it, which motivated the Crusaders to head to Egypt in the first place, instead of waiting for Dio to make a move. Individual Stands have their own attributes, but all of the Stand users show a profoundly high Wisdom score, with each of them trying to find new bullshit to beat the bullshit their opponent uses.

Well for one I am the DM, and there's plenty of monster jacking and body selling, but I don't mind letting my players have reasonably nice things while they do it, especially things that are purely visual.

Well the fighting style is just that, a way of doing it. How hard they hit while doing it is the measure of the warrior. But to answer your question, if I do add a gapcloser on melee attack, it'd likely increase at certain levels. The rest is just flavor added to the game that doesn't translate into actual power, so if the player wanted to make more elaborate feats, I'd accept more complex maneuvers as time went on.

>Holy Kujo succumbed to her own Stand because she didn't have the will to control it
And then a fucking baby had one
And a monkey

I'd say the power of ones stand is proportional to how well they can pose, which would be performance, which is charisma based. How well they can use it could be wisdom based, but like said if a monkey and baby can have one without succumbing, despite undoubtedly having low wis scores, it's probably not that heavily linked.

>A character with high Wisdom has good judgment, empathy, and a general awareness of what's going on. A character with low Wisdom might be absent-minded,foolhardy, or oblivious.
>A character with high Charisma exudes confidence, which is usually mixed with a graceful or intimidating presence. A character with a low Charisma might come across as abrasive, inarticulate, or timid.
>Wisdom, measuring perception and insight
>Charisma, measuring force of personality

>Gauntlets of Draining
>Requires attunement by a monk
>Magical fist weapons. Increases the damage die of your unarmed strikes by 1 size.
>Every time a being within 60 feet of you dies, you gain 1 point of ki. These Ki points are in a separate pool. They can hold as much Ki as your current maximum, but stays until they are consumed. You can always choose whether you want to use your own Ki points, or the ones stores in these gauntlets.
>Whenever you use thr gauntlets stored ki to attack, you gain +2 to hit and damage, and +2 to any save DC.

This was a surprisingly effective tool. It seemed bad at first, only a band aid, but in the end, the monk barely used yhe gauntlets Ki, relying mostly on his own, until a big fight came around, where he then drained the gauntlet on flurry of blows and stunning strike.

This might have been too much on an open hand monk (+2 to hit, damage AND save DC on both flurry attacks), but they worked fine on the shadow monk it was originally designed for, as well as the 4 elements monk, which was made under the assumption that these gauntlets would exist. It was surprisingly difficult to stack up, so it became a sort of long rest kind of resource, as well as an in combat one. Having people frantically try to kill a minion to get Ki to stunning strike the boss again, was really fun to see, and it drastically changed the playstyle of the group for the better.

The posing has nothing to do with the Stand, memer. As for Mannish Boy and Forever, they would both have at least average Wisdom scores because they would be modified by a flesh bud. Dio's diary notes that flesh buds generally weaken a Stand user physically, reducing their reaction timing, and altering their behavior. However, being controlled by Dio would also give them an edge in controlling their Stands, and even affected Enya to the point where she wouldn't give Joseph Dio's secret while Dio was actively killing her.

Mannish Boy was condescending to everyone in the dream world with no sense of intimidation beyond Death 13, and Forever tried to rape Anne. Not exactly charismatic characters.

GM wants us to make super edgy characters. We already have the mandatory drow rogue and tiefling Warlock.

How is the Blood Hunter? And which race would go well with it? That looks quite edgy on first glance, but I am not too familiar with it yet.

Ask if you can be a vampire

Alternatively, fallen aasimar shadow sorcerer

>New campaign
>GM has these rules
>Point buy
>Start level 7
>Has to be a race that is poorly regarded (we will invariably be seen as being threats)
>Yet we have to be good people trying to make the best of things
>We have to play as the opposite gender of what we are in real life
Jesus this sounds contrived. The GM is very good, so I am sure he can pull this off, but this sounds difficult to make and play a character with.

>GM wants us to make super edgy characters
y tho

Just play a cute kobold sorcererss

>Willpower=/=Wisdom
Willpower is tied to your Charisma, you mong.

>We have to play as the opposite gender of what we are in real life
why this
what does this have to do with anything?

This is not safe, please do not let your children do this.

t. cps

Sure thing bud, just make sure to not run your hand underneath where he sits at the table. I promise you it isn't icing sugar.

Vadskye?

No it isn't.

Willpower isn't directly stated to be any stat in 5e, but in 3.pf it was wisdom.