/40kg/ - Warhammer 40,000 General

Power Couples edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old thread:

Daily reminder that these fucks are still alive and doing well.

1st for KHORNE

My favorite new piece of fluff from the Banana book is how they apparently knock off inquisitors on the regular.

Second to the Imperium's finest warriors albeit lacking ethics of any sort.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Claiming best CSM Legion.

Would they be any good for a beginners first army?

No. Only Death Guard and Thousand Sons are good beginner armies.

Admech are not averse to trying that either if some uppity fleshbag tries to requisition too much stuff. I suspect the Imperium is pretty used to Magos Malagra/Ordo Machinum battles breaking out every now and then.

The Custodes seem to be pretty friendly with the Admech now. They let them police themselves, guide their Explorators on occasion and join them fighting Hereteks in the Moirae Schism despite probably taking losses from it, plus they use AdMech gear now.
If the 30k Custodes saw that they'd have a collective fit, since they used to be justifiably paranoid of the Mechanicum.

Thousand Sons are difficult to play and difficult to paint. Why you call it a begginer army?

I want to put rail rifles on some of my pathfinders but i'm afraid such a fragile unit will be such a high priority. How do I keep my pathfinders alive?

IRON WITHIN
IRON WITHOUT

I'd def go for them if I was you. just fuck everything else.

awdistraction carnifexes

always*

Why the fuck is every codex soup shit

How so?

As good advice as any

Well they are the most coolestest. Why would they take shit from anyone?

I bet Guilliman is one mistake away from being gangraped by these guys.

I think DG has too many noob traps to be a really good 1st army but even their noob traps are mid tier so it works out. Iron warriors are just tough to play, period. CSM can either be amazing or painful depending on how well you know the codex.

I have good news for you user, Necrons is 100% guaranteed to have absolutely no soup in it

I don't understand

>Dynasties keyword
Don't fucking trick me, nigga

what do you mean?

Good Marines Malovelant are awesome. They’re practically the only chapter that is a genuine asshole. Hell the things people love about Imperial Guard and some of their more idiotic tactics is their mainstay.

I meant to write 'always distraction'. As in, you put stuff in that the enemy will want to prioritize, thus your pathfinders are ignored.

>Each dynasty will have its own rules
>People will run multi-dynasty mixes

There will be soup!

Got a genuine question for the Tau players: why don't we see the Tidewall Shieldline in lists more often?
> T6, 10W, 4+ sv is fairly reasonable for a light vehicle
> Open topped, 10 model capacity
> Bounces back moral wounds on a 6+ save in the shooting phase
> 70 points flat
> Non-embarked units can shoot enemies within 1" of it

On paper that's actually pretty reasonable, so what's wrong with it?
> 6" movement is kinda low?
> embarked models count as moving if it moves?
> It lacks the FLY keyword?
> are the Tau infantry not shooty enough to warrant running it?

Where is this? Are you talking about the Thorians?

The Custodes dex does mention that all of their equipment is still made by artisan clans on Terra so I doubt they are really friendly to the AdMech. They probably only helped out during the Moirae Schism because they saw it as a threat to Terra if it spilled over.

I'm guessing there's the AdMech symbol on some of their equipment because even they have lost some tech over the years and had to get some from Mars or GW just likes putting it on every bit of Imperial tech.

What would a generic Iron Warriors playstyle be?
Sorry for my ignorance.

Skitarii Primus or Sicarian HQ when?

Jobbing

You worked it out at the end there
Competitive Tau lists are nothing but suits and drones

Getting defeated by the protagonists and throwing a hissy fit of autistic rage.

Blue comes in a spray can now

Havocs, a million cultists and then whatever tanks and demon engines the guy likes/has.

Anybody got the Ravenor book mp3's? I'd buy them if they were on audible but $50 a book on black library is too much.

>cultists
I think you mean taking an imperial guard armored detachment. Tanks, big guns and daemon machines are what make Iron Warriors. This newfag is confusing them with Alpha Legion or Word Bearers

Right after they add in the Mechanicum units from Forge World user :^)

Seriously, though, I have a whole Mechanicum army that I can't even use now, because no one wants to play Horus Heresy around here, and all the marine players can just use their armies for CSM and Adeptus Astartes, and even the Solar Auxilia guy uses his guys as a stormtrooper army.

In short, I am a bitter, bitter man with a bunch of useless models.

Iron Warriors fight with a mountain of slaves faggot, and you can't take an imperial guard armoured detachment due them lacking CHAOS, you could take a renegades and heretics detachment to get some IG tanks and some more-different cultists. But the generic Iron Warriors list isn't multi-codex FW.

Iron Warriors are pretty okay. They were first and main army for about five years. Sadly making a "fuck off chaos" fluffy list is exceptionally noncompetitive.

Why are flamers so fucking overpriced?
They're statistically only slightly better than combi Bolters at 8" range (3.5 hits instead of 2.66) while being vastly worse at anything above that, but still often cost vastly more.
The most egregious example is probably the Warpflame, which costs 12 points more than an Inferno Combi Bolter, making Rubrics that take it cost almost as much as Scarab Occult terminators.

imperial soup with sob and female IG, y/n? waifu army fuckyeah!

Can't you play as Necrons or smth? :^)

gw thinks d6 is good. no math can prove them otherwise.

>Using post-heresy colors

What’s with the weird-ass tubes?

Yeah the competitive thing to do is to deadicate your Iron Warriors to Slaanesh.

Make the IG felinds or no deal.

They appear in the Custodes Codex as a relief force

So whether I like it or not an Iron Warriors list is less huge guns and siege Daemon engines but more cultist spam like said?

you got a deal sir

You forget auto-hit in OW, auto-hit flyers, ignore all penalties to hit.

More so don't care to bother with Mars if they don't need. So not really buddy buddy just not nosing in AMs business

Do you think thallax will be ported to 40k?
I really like their models.

What units do you have anyways?

SOUP FUCKING EVERYWHERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>buying and collecting walls
Do we look like imperial fists to you?

>why are flamers overpriced?
>what is auto hit flyers
>what is ignores modifiers to hit
>what is assault type
>what is overwatch

Apparently Fires of Cyraxus is basically done at this point. They're just waiting for the tau codex first. The last word of it from FW staff posted claimed release by the end of March.

People are wishlisting it for the 'Battle of Mars' (necron v admech) box. At this point we're not even sure if there'll be not-knight admech forces though, so that's up in the air. The earlier rumours did claim two characters, which would imply something that isn't a knightlet, and a skittle prime would be a sensible equivalent to the necron's cryptek.

Soup is how you are supposed to play the game to make it more interesting.
We just need some neutral faction that could ally with orks and tau and something for necrons.

>Excessive fortifications
>obsessed with making the perfect fortress
>removes mutations to make room for augments for aesthetic
>excessive augmentations
>obsessively excessive perfectionists
it adds up

Use a Spearhead Detachment because you are THE Heavy Support Chaos Space Marines. Warpsmith HQ, have him babysit/be bodyguarded by a daemon engine or helbrute or three and make him repair them so that on top of their wound regeneration ability they never die. Havocs with Autocannons are extra fun this edition, and Obliterators are now "lol so randumb roll a buncha dice" tier so maybe don't use them.

Otherwise some Chaos Cultists are fun, and Iron Warriors like meatshields so it's fairly fluffy, plus when you get to use the Tide of Traitors Stratagem and make you opponent wince as you bring back a 40-man blob of the blighters 9" away from one of his units.

Uhhhh, otherwise maybe some Chaos Space Marines in a Rhino, and some other Chaos tanks I guess. Look into the Hellforged vehicles and Dreadnoughts in the FW Forces of Chaos expansion book

Basically. Also run a DP with the Fleshmetal Exoskeleton. Sadly the only artillery CSM can field is HH era Forge World equipment which is unfortunately both expensive and made of resin. Most CSM and really all SM tanks are really poorly optimized. You're constantly paying for a weapons platform that is tougher than you need it to be. I play Dark Eldar now, so I may be a tad biased on that last part.

fuck
off

Should I take the -1 to hit or +1a on my terminator praetor? I plan on dropping him with some Allarus friends but can put him wherever he is needed ofc. Deep striking for +1a anywhere on or with the termies seems better but people are saying the -1 hit is amazing. I am also playing 6 bikes plus a bike captain if that make a difference.

whats wrong with that?

I hope it's true, my flatm8 plays necrons, this would be a great deal for both of us.

Hitting fliers is pretty niche given the range, the first and last point are nice but not 12 points nice.

Honestly if I was pricing the Warpflamer it'd be 6 points. Similarly SoB and SM flamers should be 4 points instead of 9.

>cyraxus ever
Lol

if i ran fire warriors i might run it tho maybe my pathfinders could use it. i ran a full tide wall in 7th

Orks and Tau should both have the Mercenary faction keyword along with Renegades and Heretics and Eldar Corsairs, along with some Rogue Traders.
But not everything would have it so you couldn't take R&H in order to add Orks to your Chaos Soup or Rogue Traders to add Tau to your Imperial Soup, or Eldar Corsairs to add any of the others to your Eldar Soup.

I hope that ALL of the FW Mechanicum units get ported over! But as for actual units:
-Archmagos Prime
-3-man anti armour Thallax
-5-man thallax with chainblades
-60 tech-thralls
-8 Scyllax
-3 Castellax
-1 Thanatar Cynis
-1 Triaros
- Vultarax

I hope what you say about Fires of Cyraxus is true...

my fucking face reading the Necrontyr wiki page. I had no idea the lore went that far back. I thought necrons were lame looking until I read that. Now I think they're lame looking and the coolest fucking lore in the game.

True, but they're perfectly happy to nose in everyone else's business, so that's pretty good by their standards. Maybe a holdover from the Mechanicum days when there was one guy in the whole Imperium that could technically boss the Mech around, so they'd have been laughed out of the Synod if they'd tried to muscle in on Mars with anything less than a signed order from Empy.

>Iron warriors
>Slaanesh
Not after Angel Exterminatus

>play Admech
>expect no soup shit
>see the Cult Mechanicus and Skiitari keywords

Dropped.

>thinking of starting some kinda imperium army
>suddenly my older sister writes me "make the empire great again"
Granted she's talking about star trek, but still, this is a sign.

I've been trying to persuade my friend, who used to play the game back when we were teenagers, to get back into 40k with me.

He used to play black templars and necrons, but was looking into starting Tau this time around because he likes the mech suits and sci-fi look.

I know the codex is out soon, but could anyone give me a rough idea of what 1000pt list would look like, that is relatively cost effective? I'm not super competitive, and neither is the store I play at, but I just wanted to give him a bit of advice on what to look at buying.

Something like Non-imperial Rogue Trader (they already have too much choice) faction would be great and could produce excellent and original minis.

I haven't read it yet, I'm still in Flight of the Eisenstein, is it after Fulgrim or do I have a distance to go?

>inb4 they announce the release date, put the book up for pre-order, then the day before release they refund all orders and take it down citing a lack of faith in the quality of the product

If he wants to play nice and casual, two squads of fire warriors, battle suit commander, battle suit squad, some pathfinders and a hammerhead

its hard to tell what a good list till the codex is out. tau aren't amazing right now. Any of the start collecting boxes are a good place to start

>mobile melee character for admech
I'd kill for that.

try harder, GW

You're thinking of Iron Hands.

I know that games workshop made this meme to shill the model but there really is no need, this model is great, I quite like getting the one off imperial character to season my soup with

Tell us more about your oneesan, user

It’s fairly obvious that they did, Ivan.

I realized after posting that I forgot to include Necrons. So they should have a special rule that lets them take one Mercenary detachment per Necron detachment in their army.

I know Imperium has a lot of choice already but I didn't put much thought into Rogue Traders as a choice beyond "Mercenary Pirates" with maybe a single HQ and some basic conscript level troops.

You have a distance to go, its after fulgrim
It talks about post Istvaan V Iron hands survivors aswell so certainly

Same. My infiltrators would become finally usefull.

If anyone could drop by and push people around on Mars it'd Custodes but the only reason they'd do so is if the Emperor needs it. So it'd be the Omnissiahs Envoys acting in His name.
They don't nose in people's business for the fun of it anyways

Does anybody have the screena for the custodes relics and warlord traits they could drop real quick? I forgot to save them in the thread a couple of days ago and don't want to be assed to dig through the archives for it. All I remembered to grab was points values and unit profiles like a moron.

Right then, decent distance. It's fine though I like reading.

The Prospero book, Bligh's death and the 8th edition rules rush kicked the can far, but we'll get there eventually.

I reckon all of that aside from the archmagos is safe to assume will get ported. The things that are up in the air are the HQs that have more far more rules than they do models to represent them, so may be skipped over or reduced to being constricted to the equipment they have in resin, and things involving volkite, which may depend on how petulant FW are feeling.
But damn, just imagine how amazing it would be if FW did port over the build you own Archmagos rules as they are in 30k...

Would be nice to have some Admech variety around, especially if a hypothetical Skittle Primus gives To-Wound auras like lieutenants or damage rerolls or something. Hell, almost every Skitarii unit does stuff on 6+, give him an aura to boost any abilities that trigger on 6+ by 1. Rusties doing Mwounds on 5+, 5+ Taser Infiltrators, Carbines and Galvanics with twice the damage or AP procs, maybe even Dragoons tasering on 3+ because fuck your tanks, then explode on 5+ because reasons.

Obviously stop it working on Stratagem abilities or Wrath Of Mars would be horrendous, maybe restrict it to SKITARII even though it would be utterly amazing on Electropriests of either kind.

Do a lot people 30k Mechanicum? Was it for 30k or just collection sake

>yfw Cyraxus gets delayed so the custodes can be properly ported over and released for free first

She's mostly a fantasy book nerd. Like me, she has some kind of ADD/asperger, though she chose not to get a diagnosis. Like me she's a know-it-all, we tend to see eye to eye a lot and have good discussions. She appears not to care about finding a guy at all since she's comfy where she is, despite turning 36 this year. All the more power to her I say.