Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

How does your party protect their home base from invaders while they're off adventuring?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y7eoXhQWU9TxBou4VNE0bhjoxHSbdiXobk3rv59p8Rw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/11ejfvktpUYo9zwLURUqr3fJdJQTxrcxPSNwtjxUe9lY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1QxS6VxGud65nAoKoO5bgJPD-x099zBOmMOlrzdE9gHk/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're hobos.

What's a "home" or a "base"?

has anyone ever played a full orc character before?

Page 4 you motherfucker.

It's good for the first few levels when orc ferocity basically reads "free extra hit points" then drops off significantly when you realize you traded your human bonus feat for pseudo-Diehard and you're a drooling retard.

>you're a drooling retard.
calm down
it's a role playing game

Why the fuck can't you full attack in a surprise round as a rogue?

So how strictly do you guys follow the rules, in general?

I think he means the hit to Int that Orcs take...

How did they get the ship in there, and how will they get it out?

> 10 Cave with open access to the sea

On that topic, how many homebrew rules do you tend to have running?

Personally I removed the +8 everyone gets against combat maneuvers, as well as all the improved combat maneuver feats. Wanted my players to actually be able to do fun things without feat tax. I figured that generally suplexing someone isn't significantly stronger than just dealing damage most of the time, so it shouldn't be 40% harder.

So whats your favorite SCoT app!?

Any leaks about Disciple's Doctrine? Anything good there?

The deleted underground prize fighter one (that isn't Rory).

Mine, of course

and that is

rogues are bad and you should feel bad for ever trying to play one in any TTRPG. mundane skillful dude always loses to magic

Please stop posting.

Because surprise rounds are an awkward game mechanic.

Because that's not how surprise rounds work. Not even the Waylayer archetype can do that shit.

So right now I'm playing a Half-Orc Weapon Master 1/Sohei 2 with an Orcish Horn Bow. I'm going to take at least 4 more levels of Sohei from there so I can flurry with the Horn Bow ("Why not just be a Zen Archer?" Well they can't use Rapid Shot with their flurry.). But after that, what should I do? Continue with Sohei for more AC/initiative/flurry, or go with more levels of Weapon Master for more Weapon Training bonuses and bonus feats?

Yeah but it's a sailing ship, how's it moving through a narrow cave with no wind?

Maybe it has oars? Search me mate.

can't stand the truth can you

what happened in your games over the weekend?

Of older apps, Ciel or Nikare!

Of the newer apps, Crystal and Araniss are both pretty great!

>
party finally finished chartering the land they were sent to survey. Final dungeon of the chapter is up next session with plenty of opportunity to roleplay in the dungeon as well.

They're going to get a lot of pleasant surprises if they decide to set-up in the area due to what they did in chartering in the area.

Bad news though, one player is ill with something. The day before session she passed out completely and couldn't be waken up by their roomates and during session passed out again. I hope they'll be fine for this coming session

The gunslinger was framed for murdering a politician, so two of us snuck to the crime scene that night and found a note saying the Sons of [Character From Previous Campaign Who Betrayed Us For The BBEG And Later Betrayed Him Too] no longer had use of him, signed by a fop the gunslinger had messed with prior. So the guard set him free and we all go back to our travelling circus' camp when suddenly we hear gunfire. The fop is carrying a guard and firing at what appears to be some undead doppleganger who has a whole entourage of ghouls. Combat ensued and now we need to sort out what's going on in this city.

That stankpussy spiritualist from last thread.

>ghosts? In my pussy? Its more likely thank you think

You only like Ciel cause of Hex Meme. If he had used any other art you'd hate the app.

Nah, I don't really care about hex meme that much, I just think a merfolk that turns into a drider for their secret identity is pretty neat!

Bump.

>+8 vs combat maneuvers
Where was this rule?

More sohei probably

not sure what it is for path

>Isn't that worth something?
The exact opposite, see 2hu taints and ruins everything he touches, look at the current state of the Avowed.

That doesn't exist in Pathfinder, last I checked

>When senpai notices your app

>You will never bone the final picks for SCoT

Oh right.
In starfinder their CMD is just their AC+8... which is really harsh.

>Crystal catches Araniss snooping around where he shouldn't
>The Large centaur girl has to punish the Small kobold

>final picks for SCoT

That game isn't a bamboozle, the GM is a player in dragons2

>dragons2
The most reliable of all memegames

I mean, lets not tar all of Dragons2 with the Rory brush, I'm sure the rest of them are perfectly OK individuals
And Broodie, master of the cabal.

What have been the most successful memegames?

Volorexis of course

Are you salty again because your overpowered avowed memes got nerfed?

Go cry some more, you big baby. Avowed has more internal balance now.

>You will never ride the centaur

>You will never be berated by Nikare for losing to her in a children's card game

why live?

Could the two of you just PM each other instead of shitting up the thread by pretending to be anons who like your shit characters?

>want to run another game
>need some prep time and some app time
>Will be out of state for half of February
>lfg would last 5 weeks
This seems problematic

>nobody can like a thing.

Can these get added to the homebrew race section in the pastebin? I didn't make them but I saw them in the archive and they seem okay.

>Sphinxes
docs.google.com/document/d/1y7eoXhQWU9TxBou4VNE0bhjoxHSbdiXobk3rv59p8Rw/edit?usp=sharing

>Baers, the vaguely Scottish bearpeople, with a hint of Canada.
docs.google.com/document/d/11ejfvktpUYo9zwLURUqr3fJdJQTxrcxPSNwtjxUe9lY/edit?usp=sharing

>Tortara, the Pacific Islander-esque turtle-tortoise-tuatara people
docs.google.com/document/d/1QxS6VxGud65nAoKoO5bgJPD-x099zBOmMOlrzdE9gHk/edit?usp=sharing

No

Sure, what’s your Discord?

What's wrong with them?

Polish it more while you're out of state instead, and put the LFG up when you get back.

Nah.

Honestly, if the last patch hadn't happened I'd agree with you, but whatever the fuck Forrest was smoking was not the good shit.

They're shit

Can you elaborate?

They are fecal matter.

2hu had nothing to do with the last patch and there's nothing wrong with it anyway.

>working on pathfinder while on vacation
No thank you

Then do it when you're back.

>there's nothing wrong with it anyway.
Self pact changes were retarded and do not account for the sub-pacts, hard nerfing both Body and Mind for no reason.

>implying anyone makes Self Pact Avowed
You can't ruin something no one uses. They should honestly just get rid of Self Pact entirely.

>You can't ruin something no one uses.
Nigga what, I know like, 3 people who had Body Pact avoweds before that change. Hell, Self Pact is the pact I default to even after the change, because the base pact is functionally unchanged. The sub-pacts are just arbitrarily worse when they were already worse than the base pact.

>thieves' guild
>pirate cove
OK.

pirates are a kind of thief

You're taking a -2 to all mentals for a +4 to STR. When you could have just, you know, been a Half-Orc and been ANYTHING alongside a slightly weaker Orc Ferocity.

>Self Pact is the pact I default to even after the change
Why isn't Dragon Pact your default instead? It's survived unnerfed, and gives you bonus feats/extra stat-buffs (AC, Saving Throws, and Skills). Plus it makes you immune to two annoying statuses.

If you're not going to give real answers, fuck off from life.
Nobody updates the pastebin anymore, is the real answer.

Oh, that makes sense, thanks.

Anyone has the Dark Eye 5th edition?

So since Ravener Hunter's Holy Magic alters spells and Infiltrator's Forbidden Lore replaces Track, they stack by RAW. But how exactly do they interact?

> Holy Magic
> A ravener hunter adds all spells of 6th-level and lower on the cleric spell list with the good descriptor to her inquisitor spell list as inquisitor spells of the same level. If a spell appears on both the cleric and inquisitor spell lists, the ravener hunter uses the lower of the two spell levels listed for the spell. She cannot cast a spell with the chaotic, evil, or lawful descriptors, even from spell trigger or spell completion items.

> Forbidden Lore
> While other inquisitors learned to track unbelievers, an infiltrator learns how to cast their spells. An infiltrator can cast spells of an alignment opposed to her or her deity (ignoring the restriction in the Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells class ability).

VMC question, the oracle VMC states
>Curse: At 1st level, she must select a curse. She gains all effects of the curse, treating her effective oracle level as equal to 1/2 her character level.
So i'd never get the curse benefit gotten at lvl15, because at 20 i'd have an effective level of 10. But then there's
>Curse Focus: At 11th level, she adds 5 to her effective oracle level for the purposes of determining her curse's effects.
Which confuses me; does the effective level increase count only for the curse's effect, basically heightening the DC of anything depending on CL, or also applies to curse effects i can get?
TL;DR: do i still get the lvl15 curse benefit, even if only at level 20?
Because you didn't pick one of the numerous traits that let you act freely during a surprise round

Forbiddance overwrites allowance.

You'd get the level 15 curse benefit at 20 since your curse level would be half your character level plus five.

>But how exactly do they interact?
Either Infiltrator spells only apply to true Inquisitor spells(i.e. ones that haven't been converted from the ravener archetype) or they apply to all Inquisitor spells, period.

if you lose the armor bonus from your buckler from casting an arcane spell, do you still take the spell failure chance?

Should I bother apping to SCoT?

Are you at all interested in playing?

Do it, most the apps are trash

Yes.

I wouldn't, most apps are trash. Do you want to end up playing with trash players and a trash GM?

Give it a shot.

Why don't more people use bucklers, especially enchanted bucklers? They're literally free AC

-1 penalty to hit and five percent spell failure,

Repeating my question from last thread, what ways could a Fiend Pact Avowed consistently trigger his attunement (optimally multiple times in a single round), without flanking assistance from his party?

Remember that you must "deal damage to a creature that is flanked (including by other creatures), denied their dexterity bonus to AC, or believes you to be an ally".

So far I've seen feat investment to count as flanking (Circling Mongoose, Sliding Dash, Press to the Wall). Circling Mongoose and Sliding Dash require the Avowed to be at least 9th or 11th level respectively, and Press to the Wall requires either very specific environments on a consistent basis, or the ability to consistently make that environment.

the bandit archetype for rogues lets you, thas why

I always give them to my archers. and arcane casters once they can afford mithril ones (no spell failure chance).

Feints and dirty tricks can get opponents flat-footed, or if you're feeling dickish try to proc Press to the Wall by tripping someone and standing on top of them

The Twins Rajah veil. Take Narcassism to shape on yourself.

Now you have flanking buddy

> A ravener hunter adds all spells of 6th-level and lower on the cleric spell list with the good descriptor to her inquisitor spell list as inquisitor spells of the same level. If a spell appears on both the cleric and inquisitor spell lists, the ravener hunter uses the lower of the two spell levels listed for the spell. She cannot cast a spell with the chaotic, evil, or lawful descriptors, even from spell trigger or spell completion items.
Isn't that just...eight spells? And it disallows you from casting other allignment descriptor spells? Sounds like shit.

Help, my character is very rapidly becoming Tommy Wiseau, do I proceed or turn back?