I apologise if this is a repeat thread and I know I'm a bit late to the party but

I apologise if this is a repeat thread and I know I'm a bit late to the party but...
Now that the dust has settled what was the final review of Dawn of war III like?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/285190/reviews/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Franchise Killer. But at least it seems all the blame is falling on one guy, so there is at least some hope.

Macha's design was okay.

Wow there's a surprise, I feel bad for all the people who were staunchly defending it leading up to it's release, they've probably killed themselves from embarrassment

B-but they can fix it, right?

It is not a bad game, but compared with the other two it was found wanting.

Orks are the best thought.

>It's not a bad game
steamcommunity.com/app/285190/reviews/
Literally a wall of negative reviews
I'm getting mixed messages here

Wew this game has a 24 hour peak of just 500 people, was it really that much of a trainwreck?

Looking at it ignoring it's predecessors it's simply a bad rts, when looking at it as a dawn of war game it's an absolute disgrace

Only modding can save it now

Steam gamers are shitlord faggots

I don't know if they have the technology.

Command & Conquer 4 of DoW series.

Game is actually good! Steam reviews lie! No one plays this game because its well made!

It was not at all what anyone wanted.
I guess if reviewed in a vacuum, its a fun silly game about watching giant units kill smaller units.

To me it feels like a bad starcraft and I already hate that shit game, when it could have been so much more. I guess its Company of Heroes fault, as my guess is they didn't want to games on the same genre to be so similar.

The only good thing to come out of the game is the Gabriel Angelos mini.

>Steam reviews
>the same reviews that downvoted the Tomb Kings because the DLC was launched an hour late.

you keep my ostruppen out of this

>not playing as partisans and pretending they are italians as we'll never get the italian faction
I guess ostruppen could also fill that with fascist italians.

I just wanted CoH2 on spess, after 800 hours of coopp vs AI Im really bored of the game.

They are not caveman

>not enjoying Miragefla's and MrSmith's faction overhauls that are now official.

Problem with the game was the devs took every fucking wrong lesson from its predecessors and then added the latest normie trends in gaming to it.

Like the armies and base-building in DoW I? Let's artificially block rushes and take out player initiative to build orders.

Like the hero units in DoW II? Let's give you three heroes that are fucking generic as they can be to their respective factions.

Customization? Plebs can't have that.

Units gaining exp? Too complicated for cashuals and l33t esports.

Terrain giving bonuses and negatives from DoW I and II? Take it out so the company don't need to spend in order to balance

Sync Kills? Too complicated for our unpaid interns to make.

I've bought it and played it. From a mechanical perspective it's a great game, and surpasses the previous titles in player experience. Better graphics, bigger armies, cool new units etc.

But the game had pretty much zero effort put into it post release. The developers clearly cashed out and have no intention of finishing the game. If it had even 2-3 more playable factions it would be the best DoW to date.

I wouldn't recommend buying it at this point (unless it's on steam sale for at least 60% off). It's really a shame they never finished it.

By itself, it can be short enjoyable experience. Not great but not terrible.
Compared to the old school RTS of DoW1, it was lacking significantly.
Compared to squad based action/tactics of DoW2, it doesnt not compare in the least.

It was a third game in a series people REALLY wanted, but it was a game nobody wanted. It tried to walk the line between MOBA's and RTS's and failed at both. There was little in the way of resource management, tech tree's or unit upgrades.
There was very little of the squad based mechanics that weren't too bad.

The game tried too hard to be everything, and became nothing. It didnt want to be DoW1 which had mainstream success even for those who didnt play the tabletop game. It didnt have the squad management of DoW2 or much in the way of skill progression. And the game didnt launch with the mode that should have been there in the first place. and when it finally did, it was pretty much too late for the playerbase to care.

Fuck I cant wait for BFG2.

Whereas the denizens of Veeky Forums are noble and manly sophisticates, to be heeded and respected in all matters.