/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Drives, archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread:

Post weapon cyoas

I'm making an orphanage CYOA where you design an orphanage and then choose from a large roster of children to adopt. Should I aim to corner the comfy/atmospheric market or should I steer towards the smutty anime/loli crowd? Also considering capitalizing on comfydark by making the children perhaps have special powers but I could also make it more comic-like rather than creepy.

Opinions?

First for Elspeth?

The only thing I care about getting is good CYOAs.
If you feel like you can do a better job with lewd, do lewd. If you feel like comfydark is more your thing, do that.

Comfydark. Implied tragic backstories, strange rather than useful powers, but a quiet optimism that shines through in unexpected places.

I claim this thread in tribute to Zynthia!

Forever old and shitty made; one day i'll post new unwanted content

>I'm making an orphanage CYOA where you design an orphanage and then choose from a large roster of children to adopt.
Make it lewd! I want to be able to turn the orphanage into a loli brothel.

Reminder that if you take Hypno Zynthia, you can also take every single weak-willed or submissive one so long as you can keep them all in line.

You don't get a say in other's wips anymore.

Why would you destroy a small childs mind?

>You don't get a say in other's wips anymore.
Why? I'm one of the most iconic authors and I have made over 20 CYOAs. I have plenty of experience and good advice to give.

>no one posting in last thread
>no one posting in this thread
Well this is fucking awkward. Did you faggots never learn how to initiate social interaction?

That arrogance. That's why we like you here.

I think you mean hate.

Don’t listen to fucking Tok just make it comfydark like the more respectable user said

Hey guys I wanted some help designing a character roster. I'm making a Fate/Stay Holy Grail war CYOA scenario. You basically choose from a roster of possible preset heroes with different classes and design yourself as a master to compete against other masters who are chosen according to your choices.

The problem is that I want to make it entirely out of historic WW2 figures and need help choosing who should be on the roster. Ideally I plan on creating at least 21 different heroes so that each class has a minimum of three choices but I'm a Veeky Forums brainlet and can't figure out who should be on it other than the leading figures. Any suggestions?

>he said replying to Tok

Y'all ready for a needlessly long and autistic build?
Because here's a needlessly long and autistic build.

[Fate Points]
>3/80
>Now let’s get started or would you perhaps want to have your way with one of my maids before we start?
Well… If you’re offering…
[Gender]
>Male (-0)
I’m happy with my current package, thank you very much.
[Race]
>Draenei (-5)
Yeah I want to be a non-futa Draenei, what about it?
It’s an overrated combo anyway, if you ask me.
[Class]
>Warrior
Not my typical choice for this sort of thing, but I like the Supreme Talents for this one the most.
[Advanced Talents]
>Endurance (-10)
>Agility (-10)
Strength is well and good, but technique and stamina are much more important in my eyes.
[Supreme Talents]
>Duelist (-15)
I’ll widdle their numbers down while focusing on a single opponent and outmaneuvering all the others.
Come at me bros.
But please do so in an orderly fashion. Single file, please and thank you.
[Perks]
>Sex God (-10)
If I’m gonna be fucking nearly as much as I think I am, then I better make doubly sure I’m damn good at it!
>Commander (-10)
>Silver Tongue (-10)
>Raid Party (-30)
Stick with me and you’ll never go hungry again!
>Maid (-1)
Because who doesn’t want a cute maid to tend to your every need?
>Harem (-5)
“Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru!?”
Drawbacks]
>Destructible Armor (+5)
This won’t be the first time I killed a man while naked…
>Increased Libido (+5)
This is one of those things that seems more like a requirement than a drawback in your CYOAs.
>Milking (+5)
Literal buckets of cum, coming through!
>Double Trouble (+5)
Bitch, you think I can’t take you both at once?
“Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru!?”
[Death]
>Rewind Time (-10)
We Re:Zero now.
>Restart (+40)
On one hand, it’s going to be a pain in the ass…
On the other, I need those fucking points.

[The World]
>Genders (-2)
-Male: 5%
-Female: 95%
-Futa: 0%
Yeah, yeah, I’m fucking boring I know, but I’d like to avoid taking it up the ass as much as possible.
Still gotta have that 5% male for the chance one or two of them is a trap.
>Mana Tanks (+5)
This is more because of how silly this sounds than due to any kind of fetish.
>Slavery (+5)
I shall be a loving master and steel slaves from those I deem otherwise.
>Beauty (-2)
Uggos be gone!
[Mission]
>The Iron Throne
>God of Sex
>The Demon King
I won’t stop until the world is mine in every sense of the word…
[Companions] (-27)
>Talera
>Patricia
>Wenwyn
>Alexana
>Claire
>Gizzy
>Cordelia
>Bellatrix
>Vix
>Elywnwyn
>Jeanette
>Ysolda
>Diana
>Igni
>Elenwen
>Zynthia
>Askara
>Iridi
>Nagaira
>Claudia
>Gissa
>Vayl
>Velliswyn
>Saeryn
>Gwndolyn
>Eluwyn
>Morgana
Claudia is best girl, hands down, but these are all some top tier waifus.
Well done.
[Rivals]
>Selenia
>Selene
Unintentionally similar names for my rivals.
If I could take a third rival for extra points, I’d take Brynhild as well.

All in, I think this is my favorite of your CYOAs since Deus Vult, though I have fallen behind.
I don’t think I’ve read Battle Sluts or whatever it was called either, yet.

>Why would you destroy a small childs mind?
Because it's fun?

>Don’t listen to fucking Tok just make it comfydark like the more respectable user said
Since when did /cyoag/ get filled with prancing homosexuals? Make it lewd! Don't listen to these faggots, I could hook you up with shit tons of images if you make the CYOA lewd.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the build ZBG. I considered going with feminine on it but decided against it given my target's inevitable 12 grill pile up not needing to be complicated. Flight aside it was more amusing to me for the uncanny valley of it something always being just off that messed with him as much as if they should feel bad for being attracted. Then lifting the skirt to show nothing but tentacles at his bachelor party was hilarious. Not so much when Scarlatina found out about the party and the ensuing tragedy, but at the time it was great.

As for zodiac rewards, you're right but it's still funny for an unknowing guardian angel to pick the problem case and find out their reward was a bait and switch. Got a question on guardian spirit if you're still online. Are all the charges in the same time line/reality? Asking since I was confused at Mexico existing in the 27th century and the female crusader. Still trying to think up builds for other charges or getting a spirit.

>loli brothel

no bully pls

Why is Astolfo so adorable

This CYOA is one of my favourites, despite it being a massive wall of text.

This one was one of my favs when I was first getting into CYOAs

As a student, I'll want the Fruit Boom Slice
But as a hopeless romantic, I'd want the Berry Faux-Meat Slice.
And you know what, I just can't resist the kiwis on the Green Luck Slice
And my God, I just can' t resist chocolate and bananas when they're put together
THEY ALL LOOK SO GOOD

Damn you took a shit tons of Companions! A real harem build, I like it. Some references droped into it, I very much like it.
>Igni
>Nagaira
>Morgana
I knew you where going to pick them, fucking knew it. You wen't pretty light on the lewdness tho, but your fetish for vampire lolis is still apparent in this build. Hopefully you will get lewder the more you're exposed to my content.

>All in, I think this is my favorite of your CYOAs since Deus Vult, though I have fallen behind.
Thanks, did you miss Fulfilling a Wish? I think you might like it, since it's not very lewd.

Because Britain had to do something right eventually.

Not sure if this is the most recent one, but what the hey

Does he count as British if the legend he comes from is French?

Cure mortality
Skill/knowledge implant (Whatever degree she uses to make the things work)
Machine empathy
Open mind
Fuck you, put me back in the tube. I'm cheesing the fuck out of this

Is there any benefit in getting sets?

Page 5/5

One would assume that's what the "Bonus" menas

Well the bonus is just for choosing that particular piece. You can get the bonus from the wizard hat, as well as the bonus from the knight cuirass for example.

I think choosing a set let's you be specialized, whereas mixing and matching is only if you enjoy that sort of buildmaking.

On one hand I want to finish my CYOA. On the other I wonder if it's even worth sharing it in these increasingly shittier threads.

Do it for the lurkers, user

I think it's worth it.
So long as one person enjoys my work, then it was worth it.

>mfw each CYOA you see makes you believe more you'll never finish yours

Yes? He came out as one of the sons of an English king before ditching the throne since it sounded troublesome. Astolfo was an English prince but charl's paladin at the same time. Don't have many pics on this comp and no opportunity to get more right now if you're just fishing for them.

>120 posters in any one thread
>a pastebin I posted and privated
a few back has 200 unique visits and counting
Yup. Suffice to say, we have a shit-ton of lurkers.
Hey guys! Hope you're having a good day.

>French
What? No! Italian! Italian!! Astolfo is only a significant character in the works of Boiardo and Ariosto, you ignorant weeb!

Shit
This was meant for this I also forgot that a spoiler tag fucks up a greentext.
Fuck

I have a CYOA idea but its not waifushit, I have high goals (15 pages min with lots of customization with a unique setting), no ambition, no skill, no practice, and worst of all im neither funny nor creative. Should i even bother?

Thread quality comes and goes. Lest we forget last summer when we'd go through three threads a day due to obsessive shitposting.

Listen here:

Comfy dark,
Never Lewd

I'd recommend starting with something small. Make a couple smaller CYOAs and work up to a 15 page masterpiece. You'll thank yourself later when your skills are able to do your best ideas justice.

>tfw Italics hasn't updated this yet with new waifus and get rid of the worm slut.

QuietCYOA is more iconic than you. You have done nothing to change CYOAs, you have not innovated in any particular way, nor have you even perfected the current methods. You leaving won't even register because you have had no impact or significance.

Iconic CYOAs are like artisan goods, while your CYOAs are third-world sweatshop slop that falls apart after a week.

but i literally only have a single decent idea

That reminds me, I haven't reposted QuietCYOA in a while. It's probably one of my favs.

The only cyoa you ever made that has any notability was Nemesis and that's only because people got a bug up their ass about people intruding on their happy fantasies.

Then come up with something that's small, but still interests you. My dream CYOA is a barbarian leader type deal (kind of like ToT, now that I think about it), that would involve pages, point buy, % chance of success etc. I started working on a small comfy CYOA in the mean time, and I'm really learning a ton that will help me in the future.

Try writing something for that collab that's going around. It's quick and might help you get used to finding images and writing concise descriptions. It's a good start for sure.

A most interesting game, Tok. The only winning move is not to play.

Why don't people like Abagail?

>Selfish
>Know it all
>Charges you for favours
>Gee, why is she unpopular?
I tried to like her. I really did.

Wasn't the guy who wrote this ESL? His English is pretty darn good man.