Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2026: Magical Gundams Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>2026
Fuck

I sure hope this is funny and not just mean

This has all gone on to long. It's time for the only person who can to end it all.

It says that there is a bitchass kid about to get slapped in the mouth.

How many ways are there now to embody Death itself?

I finished Chapter 3 of my writefagging if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks to anyone who answered my question about their Benefactors/Jumpchans; it really helped me out on this one.

Grim Fandango lets you embody the "ushering souls onto the next life" aspect, and you can keep the job post-jump if you want it.

PHOTOSHOP user, I SUMMON THEE I feel like a room of kids in front of a blackboard with Jumpchain on it is too good an opportunity to pass up. Do you think you could mess with hair colors and stuff to make them resemble different names? Deku hair, red hair, blue hair, Antispiral Head, cat ears, whatever you can think of?

Fiend from SMT lets you become an aspect of Death.

Is it a ban offense if a person is wearing something but the body is still perfectly clear in shape?

No nipples no ban.

How about a picture of digger?

Alright so I want to start my chain by doing all the Gundam jumps back to back. Any suggestions on what order to do it?

I give it 50/50 chances of being deleted. Specially with that bulge

There are times in life that I am glad my memory sucks, for I will not remember the bottom half of that pic by tomorrow.

The Mobile Jump Gundam, since that is the only Gundam jump that doesn't have Mobile Suit Imports, I think. With Build Fighters last.

Darksiders or Moana maybe?

Neat!

Hey does Worm's Doormaker ever specify a range? Can it reach the moon? Can I use it to reach my secret moon base?

Be a god of death from any of the jumps that let you do so.

Don't? It's a bad idea, spending all that time in Gundam. Don't get me wrong, I love Gundam, and I think the jumps we have for it are great. But god damn would it be unpleasant to live in that universe. So much suffering, so much death, and since these are your first jumps you would have a hell of a time at stopping it. If you really must, though, I recommend starting with 00, because that's a pretty non-genocidal universe, and you can pick up a strong mobile suit that will help you in defeating the evils of other Gundam settings. After that, it's up to you, but I'd recommend taking Universal Century last, because it is by far the worst of the bunch. You're going to want to build up a ton of power before you go there.

Why do we even still have that jump? The only purpose it serves anymore is to go to Gundam X. I should make a Gundam X jump just so that there's no reason for the generic anymore.

Wait, so is it a dick made out of chocolate like the bra and thong, or is it a chocolate covered dick that the thong is around?

This merchant is absolutely amazing and I love his personality.

>Keeping Secrets (+200CP)
>Strapped for Cash (+200CP)
>Corporation Games (+300CP)
>Road to Godhood (+300CP)
Holy fuck your tears will feed me for this week.

>that virus and that build
Admittedly not a combination I'm used to. This is gonna be really interesting, and you've certainly got plenty of firepower to take on a good amount of what they might throw at you. To say nothing of looking badass while doing it, on top of the virus giving you a bit more 'oomph' to it. Sara infection when?

>Jumper has sudden attraction thanks to jumbled memories
INFECTION WHEN.

The director comes off as some guy who's not used to being able to have people killed off and he's letting it go to his head. Like he is still not used to being a villain and is trying to embrace it. Though to be fair, if I had someone like HUNK under my command I'd have a tiny bit of ego as well.

Keep writing my man. I am amused as hell and wish to see how this turns out.

SEED doesn't have an import either.

My dude, YJ_user didn't make the Worm Jump. Also, pretty sure the canon version of Doormaker was restricted to line of sight. The only reason it was able to reach across dimensions in canon was due to teamwork between Doormaker and the Clairvoyant.

>the canon version
Which the offered version of Doormaker clearly isn't.

I know he didn't, I was asking the thread in general, but rereading I definitely didnt make that clear enough.

Though thank you for that clarification!

Can anyone recommend a portal ability or perk that could get me to the moon?

Depends, really. Most of them have roughly the same power level, with 00 finishing the strongest with 10,000 kilometer long beam sword. IBO's nanolaminate armor makes it so that most beam weapons don't affect your gundam, so you've no selled 80% of the universes if you go to that early.

If you want to go for hilarity, I'd suggest going to G Gundam, grabbing perks that make you really good at CQC, then nanolaminate armor from IBO. Then proceed to laugh as the rest of the universes as they try to be super serious and all militant and you just shout catchphrases tear through mooks like cardboard.

Ok, let's try this again.

Things to do -

add scenarios
better gear allowances?
lie down
try not to cry

cry a lot

Why is there no rite of pure thought In the items section?

>No more Ark
Pls?

SEED, it doesn't have an import mechanic, and some of the stuff from SEED would be super useful in other gundam. Such as the DRAGOON System, which is a pretty good funnel/bit control system that can't be interfered with by the outside, with a possible exception of newtype space magic(never bet against newtype space magic). The batteries are also stupid strong, I think they may be better than the ones in 00, but they are similar. It also has ridiculous power output for fission nuclear systems, methods for shutting down nuclear power on a massive scale with ease, and ridiculously powerful beam weapons for what are purely mundane particle accelerators.

>Enginseer
>An Origin
REEEEEEEEEEE, objectively inferior to proper magos!

It looks a lot better, and the jump definitely wasn't that bad to begin with. You might want to clarify that Hereteks receive a single item under 400cp for free, and that all other origins get +400cp stipend. Simplifies things a bit.

It'd be good if one of them only had one arm.

No, that's stupid. You shouldn't go to SEED first, you wouldn't have nearly the plot armor to keep Kira from destroying you and Lacus from brainwashing you. Nor would you have the weaponry on your mobile suit to destroy everything in your path, as it deserves to be. Nah, wait until later on.

There is no bra or panties.

I seem to remember there being a Portal jump.

No ships or vehicles? An Ordinatus would be cool as fuck.

>Alternatively if you have a giant robot of your own you may invest CP to purchase upgrades for it. You also receive 500cp worth of upgrades specifically for your mobile suit creation and separate from your other CP.
I mean it's not a true import option, but it technically counts, doesn't it?

>Magos Aetheric
Wouldn't takeing warp based technology for Magos designation give us the same knowledge? That is one of the fields they study since so much of their tech uses the warp in some way.

Eh, the portal gun relies on specifically painted walls for the tech to work. At least thats what I remember from playing portal 2 years ago. I'd rather not have that limitation despite how goddamn awesome it would be to surprise people with that.

Why's there an option to pilot a titan but no titan option.

Who are those people and why would they do these things?

Mary Sues. They're a bunch of Sues with nuclear bunker-level plot armor.

Ah man, I missed user's failure, what was the bannable picture supposed to be?

>No army builder

oof

Thicc futa catgirl

I ask you jumper. Where do you draw the line?

In the sand, obviously.

Depends on the issue in question.

I'm shamelessly fishing for ideas for Assassin Monika's Noble Phantasm.
Anyone have ideas?

Which line? Because there are a lot of them being crossed with that pic.

On paper

...Hmm. How does the rite actually benefit an adept? Maybe it's more of a drawback that makes you a bit of a sociopath...

There will be scenarios, and taking one will allow you to pick up a titan, ark, or STC machine for your warehouse.

I am slightly leery of including smaller vehicles, considering the sheer amount of stuff a ranking adept can get ahold of. I don't want to even try to type out the entire mechanicus shopping list, and how to give enough discounts/CP so each jumper can take a few things of interest besides perks is something I'm still working on.

The difference is noted in the notes.

I will not even attempt to copy/paste the entire skitarii codex and translate it into jumpchain rules.

Covered in chocolate from what I can tell of some reactions?

Sling Ring magic from MCU part 2. Apparently a sufficiently talented magician wouldn't need the Sling Ring itself, but at least in the MCU it makes it so convenient that even the Ancient One still uses one.

Portamancy from Shadow Ops. Not sure if you'd need the Incredible Control or Raw Power perks from the jump as well. Note that Portamancers can't open a gate between two places on the same plane, so you'd be using two portals - one to jump into the fae world (or as a jumper, some other adjacent dimension) and one to jump back to your destination in the original world.

Chocolate bikini, and a jacket pulled up so it was above her breasts, nothing else on.

>Mechadendrite mastery
A 200 CP perk that does nothing but tell you how tech priests manage their limbs without being clumsy shouldn't be a perk.

>Enginseer origin
Why?

>No Titan Legion Origin
WHY!!!!

Any idea why they thought that would fly?

>I will not even attempt to copy/paste the entire skitarii codex and translate it into jumpchain

You don't have to do that user, All you would need to do is post the unit with the point cost and give us some building points, Like the sisters of battle jump.

>Taking both 'artful bionics' and 'subtle bionics' will make it extremely difficult for anyone to notice that you are anything but a normal, un-augmented human, unless you sport mechadendrites or similar non-human features.
Wouldn't that be true even if you only took subtle bionics?

Because it was covered by a bikini.

Kira was the protagonist of Gundam SEED. He honestly wasn't so bad in that role, a bit whiny but what Gundam protagonist wasn't? The problem comes in the sequel, SEED Destiny, where he shows up to steal the show from the new protagonist, casually defeat him in all their encounters except the one time he's arbitrarily stupid and gets his suit blown up, and is all around just really obnoxious. Oh, and he apparently can't die, he keeps getting blown up and surviving it just fine. It only makes him stronger, every time it happens he gets a better mobile suit.

Lacus is his...girlfriend, I guess? Despite them being paired in a lot of official art, canonically they're just really good friends and the director has said that Kira does not love her romantically. Which is hilarious when you consider that Lacus is the head writer's self-insert, and the head writer was (she's dead, now) married to the director, and based Kira off of him. Wow. But she's this huge Mary Sue, who somehow goes from being an idol singer to ruling the world, because she's just so obviously morally superior to everyone that they can't help but want to obey her, and it gets really creepy and cultish and if I believed it was at all intentional it would be an amazing satire but it's not. But the point is, if you don't follow her commands and believe in her philosophy in every way, you will be either killed or brainwashed into obeying her perfect world order.

Moon rock paint, specifically. So you need one panel of rare material on Earth, and can just fire at the big ball in the sky for the other portal. Free wormhole to the moon.

>Taking 'psycana' with the magos designation perk gives you a very watered-down version of the 'magos aetheric' perk. At best, you could perform maintenance on warp drives, gellar field generators, and know how to interpret data gained from scans of the local immaterium.
>Likewise, 'Centurio Ordinatus' will be able to do things far beyond any magos designation involving big honkin' space guns.
Nerfing things for no reason because you want to make separate perks out of them is poor design, a magos specialized in star ships would get more warp knowledge than that!

It, was a thick layer, of chocolate, still didn't hide much.

Why wouldn't they?

If I get both Artful and Subtle Bionics, can I have my cybernetics be a middle ground between them? Like, mostly subtle bionics, but artful bionic arms or stuff?

>By the grace of the Machine God
Does this actually require all the rituals and prayer?

>(Hereteks may receive any option costing less than 400cp from the following lists for free)
I assume that's supposed to be "any ONE option"?

>Mechadendrites and cyber-limbs
This can replace both arms, or both legs, with one purchase?

>Surveyor-class auspex array
>Archaeotech auspex array
Any reason to get the Surveyor-class if you already have the Archeotech one?

>Taking both 'artful bionics' and 'subtle bionics' will make it extremely difficult for anyone to notice that you are anything but a normal, un-augmented human, unless you sport mechadendrites or similar non-human features.
Isn't that what Subtle Bionics already does on its own?

Honestly, something closer to the Tomb Kings thing where you just get points and look at a Codex yourself would be fine with me.

> Lacus
I thought she was a Political Big Wig who was disguised as an idol singer.

Something similar to Jack the Ripper's where you have to fulfill a certain number out of a pool of conditions. If you meet the requisite number of conditions, she can erase them from reality like she did the other girls.

On a mirror with a razor blade.

>Refractor field emitter
personal force field generators aren't common but they aren't rare enough to cost 300 in a AdMech jump.

Also where are the starships and titans?

>Arc rifle
>A common mechanicus infantry weapon
>200 CP.

No starforge?

What IS her philosophy, anyway?

iirc it amounts to peace through superior firepower.

Nope. She goes from being an idol singer to being leader of a secret agency bent on [s]world domination[/s]keeping the peace without any in between where she's acting as both.

"Only Lacus Clyne can be trusted to have authority, no one else is moral enough and will only do evil with it."

The items need to be less expensive and the cool stuff the AdMech has needs to be added in to refill the higher price points. Ships, Titans, a personal force of Skitarii, arceotech nonsense, factorums for producing imperium tech, our own forge world (a scenario for that one), and all their other awesome toys! AdMech are all about the toys!

>The quest for knowledge
Combining this with Extended Stay doesn't actually do anything, because Quest for Knowledge already sets the time you'll be there to 100 years just like extended stay.

Legio Cybernetica army? Squeak.

>Nope. She goes from being an idol singer to being leader of a secret agency bent on [s]world domination[/s]keeping the peace without any in between where she's acting as both.
...ah, so that's why I have so many repressed memories about Gundam SEED.

What's the name of that one Jump based on that Shmup? The name of the aliens you fought started with a B, but I'm drawing a total blank. I remember people hyping up the power levels.

To be fair, the only reason that neither earth, nor everything in orbit wasn't nuked into smoldering ash is that someone turned off the nukes. Not that it would have been a loss or anything, the slightly strange take on gundam tech is the only thing of value in setting. Well I guess there are a couple girls that are kind of waifuable, if my memories are correct, the Hawke sisters.

>Cranial implants
>The brain of every magos has been extensively modified, and you are no different.
Exactly, this is a common trait to any magos and should not cost CP, sure it's a freebie for this origin but the others should also get this for free.

R-Type?

Well Cagalli is a nice waifu. They also have a giant death beam, you gotta collect all of them from each Gundam series.

I can't count Cagalli as a waifu due to the twists that happened with her character. Sure they weren't her fault, but she did fall into a plot hole, and she didn't come back out the same.

That's the one. Thanks.

Many of the perks are just things Magos can do, most perks like that are low cost or free for their origins but that leaves the other origins paying CP to get a function they should have by default.

Also the free average quality cybernetics should be listed in the jump not tacked on in the notes, it should also be average by the standards of the AdMech rather than just average. It's a big difference.

>...Hmm. How does the rite actually benefit an adept? Maybe it's more of a drawback that makes you a bit of a sociopath...
Removing emotion might be good from some people's perspectives (not mine, but...)? Though, in reality, replacing half your brain would not remove your emotions at all. No reason to mention that, just that it annoys me.

Hmmm. But maybe add it as a drawback?

Speaking of Drawbacks, maybe one where your vox-synthesizer is broken, forcing you to speak only in binary?

>This merchant is absolutely amazing and I love his personality.
Thanks! I think he's my favorite part of this chapter, in general. Probably the entire work as a whole, too, at least until we get to The Pursuer.

>Holy fuck your tears will feed me for this week.
Surely, not being able to tell when someone is infected and guaranteeing that they'll keep it a secret if they are couldn't be too bad, right? t. Past Nick

>INFECTION WHEN?
Probably never, unless I've severely misunderstood what the 'Injection' Infection Method entails. My 'past self' basically designed it to be a huge personal power boost, and deliberately made it so that it was hard to replicate/infect others with. Plus, she doesn't have a Key/Hypnos Gene, and Marcus said that the virus I was infected with was bad news bears for anyone who wasn't compatible with it.

But goddamn, do I feel like going back to change that now.

>The director comes off as some guy who's not used to being able to have people killed off
I mean, he does work for Umbrella. Some of their top officials are a wheelchair bound Palpatine, a cross-dressing psychopath, an opera-singing leech man, a scientist who turned into a one-eyed incest monster, a guy who kidnaps children from around the world to harvest chemicals from their brains, that guy who shot up on the T and G viruses and turned into a woman, and Wesker. I feel like all bets are off when it comes to high-ranking Umbrella people.

...Umbrella shareholders must have hard lives.

>he's letting it go to his head.
Oh yeah, definitely.

>Keep writing my man. I am amused as hell and wish to see how this turns out.
Will do! I'll probably slow down a bit (I was planning on switching gears to Fables for a while so I can finally get that done) but I'll continue to chip away at this, too.

Good day /jc/.

I may or may not have fucked over the Rebellion in Star Wars. Forever.

Of course I may or may not have also been around when poor Sheev trip and fell on a Lightsaber, on his back, repeatedly, after writing out an extremely ironclad will that I, as his secret heir, should be given command over all the things. Just sayin' tho.

How about you /jc/? What was the shadiest takeover you lot have ever done?

>But goddamn, do I feel like going back to change that now.
Could always splice her with the genetics needed. Don't mind me, being sick and listening to certain music may be making me imagine her reaction at becoming a complete badass and wondering how to handle the fact that it's exactly what Umbrella was looking for as a first step.

>I may or may not have fucked over the Rebellion in Star Wars. Forever.

Good job user.

Good work, but make sure to take down the empire yourself after they've done the hard work of fighting off the Vong.

>Could always splice her with the genetics needed.
>making me imagine her reaction at becoming a complete badass and wondering how to handle the fact that it's exactly what Umbrella was looking for as a first step.
Oh man. I think I'm going to try and find a way to write this in. Thanks for the idea, Red.

Is there a freebie perk that gives, boosts or regenerates mana? I'm doing a challenge chain where I can only take free perks; discounted to free is allowed.

Currently I'm eyeing "Replenish MP" from FFTA.

I'll try to clarify what benefits perks provide beyond normal admech training/augments

Some bots can be added.

will fix/clarify

The problem is, as I mentioned here the admech have SO MUCH stuff that it would be impossible to list it all. I'll try to list at least the high points of each category.