/cyoag/ - CYOA General

"Let's all just relax and not fight" edition

Drives, archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All right! Version 1.0 is all done and ready to post. Hope you guys like it. Please give any criticism you want.

second page.

>/cyoag/
>Not fighting over inane shit
Let's do our best regardless.

1/2

Sit on my face.

2/2

I'm lonely and I want my waifus to be here with me

>Freedom units
Welp, I have no idea what all those units mean and how much of anything there is. Having to go google it every time I move on to the next option to figure it out is extremely annoying.

just read the descriptions, mang. It ain't even difficult.

Here's the numbers you'd get by converting the Fs to Cs (rounded to nearest degree):
-7, -1, 4, 10, 16, 21, 27, 32

But where's the fun in that?
>-7 degrees is called really cold
That's hilarious.

Nice and comfy as always, you might want to rework the number a top of the gender because it's a little confusion, What do they want to convey? the felkit has a 1/1 ratio while the gender have 10/1 ratio, gelnik has the same up top but it only has one described gender. while whispor has also one described but it lacks the same ratio up top. I'm kind of confused...

Besides that i enjoyed the atmosphere tremendously, and as you always do, you managed to give a very comfortable feeling trough out the cyoa.

I start to die when it's getting close to 0 outside, -7 is absolutely very cold.

>gelnik has the same up top but it only has one described gender
It looks to me like the differences between different "flavors" of gelnik are more pronounced than those between sexes, hence only one box instead of two.
And yeah, I think it's safe to assume that the number is the sex ratio mentioned in the "Augment Sexual Dimorphism" option.

>new Rosanon CYOA

Maybe god isn't dead after all

I see, they lack gender dimorphism so they are described by the difference in their flavor, while the gender ratio is still there. I think you are right.

Obscure comfy CYOA here.

>Free Tickets
>Divine Pupper
>Grow, Friend, Grow!

Living the simple life.

>fahrenheit

>233°C
user knows his audience.

don't be a pleb and convert.

>All expense paid
>Goddessbux
>Smartest phone

Take a trip, cashing in vacation time at work, so I'll be paid to not have to work for a month. Just go somewhere pleasant, enjoy a little bit of time to just rest and not have to be around people. Then go home and be ready to go at it. Phone is just useful, and Goddessbux is just simple spare cash/savings which takes a few minutes a week.

More Building practice options would be nice. Seems rather limited at the moment. Maybe something that incorporates nature, or an option for historical architecture (Roman, medieval, Victorian, etc.).

why is 32 degrees the hottest temperature? shouldn't it just be the third hottest?

what, he human body can't deal with much more heat before it starts to break down, 30 at least where i live is considered dangerous temperature to be in and warning to stay hydrate are issue when it reaches that level. We even had quite a few people fainting because of the heat...

where the fuck do you live? 30 degrees is slightly above average in Australia

>autralia
Your country is literally hell on earth, you can say shit about temperatures mate.

>30ºC is slightly above average in Australia
>Above average
>In fucking Australia
>Tfw 32ºC IS average over here

Fuck this piece of shit monkey infested country, I wish North Korea bombed us and did mankind a favor

Different user, but there are enough other countries with heat ranges like and above that for months. Yet Egypt or the Philippines aren''t devoid of life, and I know that we have anons from the latter. Hell, soldiers in Iraq had the fun of going through AVERAGE summer temperatures of 120°F/48°C and survived. What if they want to feel like home?

How do you change male looks to more feminine? Giving them female boobs, hips and butt doesn't really count if they grow beards and speak on bass and such.

Oh wait, it's on dimorphism. Stupid me.

text/textboxes should be slightly bigger

I'd really like to see what the default political dispositions and race relations are for each race. I don't feel too inclined to change them if I don't know what they are.

Post Eldritch themed Cyoa since there's a blood moon right now.

Freedom of choice is usually a positive trait in a CYOA, lack of foundation or form is not. I see no level of cohesion between what you're selecting and some sort of end goal. There is no result to be invested in aside from, "Is this a group of sexually appealing individuals everyone you want to be here? We're just checking. Are their butts big enough for you?"

In a small CYOA that's fine but there's just way too much that barely has any connection. To be perfectly honest the only connect each choice has is that they're housed in the same image.

I tried to think of a way to fix it, but honestly there's way too much here that you can't keep the whole thing and make it work. I feel like I'm being rude phrasing it this way, but in all honesty there's just too much happening and no value in any decision.

I think if there was a goal (or goals you could select from) it would help the CYOA a lot. Would give the CYOA some focus, and help inform your decisions. In fact, more information would be really useful. For instance, what am I researching? It seems to be mentioned a few times, but it's unclear what kind of research I'm conducting. What am I fighting? Not really sure what I'd pick for weapons if I don't know what I'm up against.

I wouldn't say that there isn't a central theme as the first page seems to be about building a setting (not so sure about the second page), but I think it needs some work.

The amount of information we would need would take this from a 2 page pointless CYOA to a 6 page CYOA where you have one correct path due to having a goal set in place when v1.0 was built with no goals in mind. The entire thing reeks of "You decide what the point is! Isn't that amazing!" while dumping an absolutely unnecessary number of options in place.

We need fewer 5+ page CYOAs, not more. If we dropped the pretenses and just said, "This is a sex plane, select a number of bodies. You have this many customization points. They have base body styles, but with customization you can get silly. Then it's a comfy CYOA, you need a way to house the X number of waifus you just adopted. Go." it would be better, but we would need to scrap the whole world building that took place.

I agree that it seems unfocused. The setting construction seems to abruptly end and turn into your personal character creator, with options that don’t really fit with the comfy/fantasy vibe I was getting.

The whole idea of an underground society is pretty good and I love the different lighting options. But even the racial section seems more like a lore dump than anything that needs to be chosen.

>we need fewer cyoas

out

Seems like it's been a good year for OC so far. I hope we can collectively make CCC something amazing, as well. Join those who have already submitted here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Then save the link to edit your form, and keep an eye out for an announcement about your city.

To the submitter of Cosmos: I enjoy the concept of your city, but I'd like for you to refine it a bit. The theme you mentioned in the notes is almost entirely absent in your descriptions of the city, aside from one sentence at the start. Even with that sentence, I don't think your city image sufficiently represents the city itself.
Your jobs are unappealing. There's plenty of room in your setting for unique jobs, and the first of your two could be tweaked to become more interesting if you play up the knowledge angle.
Finally, I have to point out that 50k is hardly the population of a sprawling city. That's a small city, at best.

And here's a sample of the cities you can expect in the final:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing

And that's what I've got.

Definitely a 100% accurate quote, you got me good.

>I start to die when it's getting close to 0 outside, -7 is absolutely very cold.
What a faggot

I haven't seen this in a while, I'll repost my build

>A Lifelike Broken Doll
Doll magic

>Tomes
>Celaeno Fragments (-10)
+Elder Sign
+Cthulhu
+Atlach-Nacha
>Scattered Notes (-10)
+Nyarlathotep (-5)
+Shub-Niggurath (-5)
+Hastur (-5)
+Cthugha (-5)
+Yog-Sothoth (-5)
+Ithaqua (-5)

That’ll be -25 Sanity. All personality traits.

>Faction
Free Mages

>Insanity
0: Unconscious Troubles
10: Touched by the Other
20: One of Those Days

I’ll join my Pygmalion brethren. Pygmalion pride worldwide!

Not him, but do seem to actually be advocating less context though. That's the opposite of at least me personally would like. Narrative and context is what makes a CYOA not just a series of "would you rather." and more of an actual game.

>Home Settlement Size
100 people

>Races
Human (58)
Felkit (55)
Elduni (51)
Hydrela (48)
Lunel (45)
Hevencent (42)
Xunil (38)
Orem (36)
Rochnir (33)

>Lighting
Torches
Bioluminescence (31)
Magichem Lantern (30)

>Ambient Temperature
60 degrees

>Building Practices
Jury-Rigged (28)

>Settlement/World Bonuses
Medical Station (24)
Eternal Spring (21)
Lab/Clean Room (18)
Alpine Crevice (15)
Endless Mead Hall (12)

>Shipments
Staple Supplies (9)

>Me
Me

>Artifact
Nature’s Crown (7)

I’ve saved race mods for last, I wanted to make sure I had everything else in order before spending points. I really could just use Alchemy for this stuff, but let’s get the base correct

>Race Mods
Lunel, tone down sexual dominance (6)
Rochnir, tone down sexual dominance (5)
Felkit, increase bust, thighs, and ass (2)
Human, increase bust and ass (0)

For the Lunel and Rochnir, I have no intentions of making them submissive. I just want to play my game without being overpowered.

I’m led to believe the Lunel penis shrinking only works on their own males, so I’m relying on that.

As I don’t see an option for determining gender ratio, I’m led to believe either I can choose at will or its predetermined based on ratios given. If it’s the latter, I’d be unlikely to have a female Lunel in my multi-racial population of one hundred, so I’ll hope for the former. Obviously, I want the population to be all women.

Structurally, I’ve got an idea of “biopunk” in my head, what with the science and magic capabilities, mixed with the Jury-Rigged architecture made from a conglomerate of different races, and the bioluminescent fungi. Going to hope that fungi isn’t dangerous.

As for food and water, the basics come from Valence. We have our springs and my hat, so we probably don’t even need those, but you never know. I wanted the hat for Alchemy anyway.

>Door
The Ruined World

Not sure I like the implications for most of these Doors.

Let me know if I misunderstood anything

Thank you. I wasn't sure if I should give his new CYOA the benefit of the doubt, considering what he usually makes leaves me questioning why he did what he did, and not enjoying any part of reading it.

To me his posts read like so:
>Keep a focus in the CYOA
>Have the different options matter and be connected somehow

I absolutely love the cyoa with multiple pages. I'm even working on one right now. You want to tickle the creative sides. It's not just a boolean on/off switch, but an active process. It needs to be engaging, so that those with short attention spans will find themselves daydreaming, rather than playing pick and choose. Those with good attention spans will instead have vivid, focused and structured approach whilst they create it.

>be american
>literaly footfag
When will the degeneracy end?

>I can't even tripfag right
Not sure if I should be ashamed or proud. I'll be smug.

Excuse me but why are you tripfagging?

>fahrenheit
>30 degrees is cold
>60 degrees keepsyou from sweating

I'd rather fail now than during the need to trip.

>30 is a dangerous temperature
How? I go to bed with a blanket and pajamas when it's 30. Comfy as fuck. 35 is when it starts to get uncomfortable and 42+ is when it's considered "dangerous", but that's only because of bushfires, not because of dehydration. Where the fuck do you live that pussies are fainting at comfy cool 30C?

I ain't reading that shit, it'll take ages to convert all those units

+5C is pleasant. +19C is where a human should feel at home.

1 lets not have another thread devolve into metric vs imperial system

Do you live in Canada or some shit? What the fuck

This would not be a problem if mutts stopped using tardunits

Don't worry they finally decided to use them after the great flash of 2129

>+5C is pleasant

do you wear a jacket at home? wtf

do you niggers live in africa?

>Do you live in Canada or some shit? What the fuck
Finland.

Yo, Tok. You out there? I've got a quick question for you. In a reply you made to a player of the Choose Your Own Zynthia update, you said that Zilly wouldn't let the player have two Zynthias because she was worried about the player murdering them. I was under the impression that all the Zynthias had true immortality like the Zynthia Fragment from Mindslaver.

Amen

You are right. 17-19 is the perfect temperature to be in.

Australia
The other week was a delightful heat wave of 38+ temperatures.

You demons! I slow cook food at 40 degrees.

Getting murdered still hurts

I start feeling cold at 22 already. How do you stay in 17-19 environment consistently

>I start feeling cold at 22
Are you Aussie?
22 It's a bit warm, perfect for T-shirt time

>Are you Aussie?
Nah i'm from one of the SEA countries. Average Temperature here is supposedly 26-27 . We have our air conditioners at the lowest being 16-18. Even now being night with some cloud cover the temperature is around 24.

You are both weak.
I keep my room at 12

Do you wear your 5 layers of insulation or something?

>Keeping your room at 12
I hope you are not wearing clothing at least

So what are /cyoag/'s favorite aspects of cyoa?
>Personal modification
>Power fantasy
>Immersion
>Hopelessness
>World building
>Waifus
>Comfy
>The "bad choices" you have to take so that you get enough points
>Making your own charts

Companions.
One waifu and a couple of best bros to go on an adventure with.

Forgot one, it's called
>lewd

Feeling smart by "optimizing the "bad decisions"

In no particular order
>Personal modification
>Waifus
>World building
>Power fantasy
>Immersion

Power Fantasy, but balanced and meaningful. As in having a large, balanced sandbox where every power has a purpose. Whenever a cyoa reaches Dragon Ball levels of bullshit power levels it loses all semblance of respectability. Reasonable powers lend themselves more to tactics and meaningful decisions, and are also grounded enough so that the player can understand their limitations and think of how to surpass them.

>Waifus
Companions in general
>freedom of choice
You are free to pursue a certain path in the cyoa without being penalised as opposed to if you had choosed another
>Immersion
>World building
Not necessarily important though if the author already has an interesting world for the cyoa.

You mean 15C, right?

I don't like to wear too many clothes.

>Tok. You out there? I've got a quick question for you. In a reply you made to a player of the Choose Your Own Zynthia update, you said that Zilly wouldn't let the player have two Zynthias because she was worried about the player murdering them. I was under the impression that all the Zynthias had true immortality like the Zynthia Fragment from Mindslaver.
Yeah a Zynthia fragment usually have true immortality, but Zynthia can take away their true immortality, but they would still have eternal youth. So Zynthia took aways their true immortality so that Zilly could murder them.

>15C
Go back to the desert sandnigger

What i mean by freedom of choice is basically:
Why choose A when B is so much more better? Or choosing A automatically fucks you harder than if you had chosen B. Of course all these doesn't apply if there is a purpose to the punishment like choosing A is meant to be the 'hard' mode to the cyoa or A is the asshole's choice no matter how you see it.

Anons, how about a compromise

Any comments about C, F, or K must be accompanied with a cyoa

You get to keep up the conversation, but don't actually derail the thread (much)

So basically balance?

Ah yes that's what i was looking for. I feel like a retard elaborating so much now.

>So what are /cyoag/'s favorite aspects of cyoa?
1. Lewd
2. Be the Little Girl
3. Waifus
4. Power Fantasy

Adventure with aspects of my particular power fantasy, which is bit more moderated than most. I also have a soft spot for comfy and lewd, but you can find/make that in many cyoas. I also appreciate Drawbacks that fit my playstyle.

Don't worry user, at least you understand the value of balance, unlike . I mean, is summoning up to 20 wolves really equivalent to being able to give immortality? Lol