/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Darby's Rangers Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/gdvadj7t6l5w6/Aero_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mediafire.com/folder/j962ws6h50bqj/Victory_Games
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=250
mediafire.com/file/5eff5f9sqtm7cj0/Osprey - CAM 155 - Anzio 1944.pdf
mediafire.com/file/6qdqcjrbdorabob/Osprey_-_MAA_385_-_Hermann_Goring_Division.pdf
mediafire.com/file/bn1ufudu7lugo4k/Osprey - WAR 069 - Darby's Rangers 1942-45.pdf
wargamevault.com/product/232769/Missile-Threat
forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847185
kickstarter.com/projects/1971027130/warsaw-uprising-1944-28mm-figures-by-infamous-jt/
mediafire.com/file/tl99fd65lefq2tm/Osprey_-_DUE_043_-_Sagger_Anti-Tank_Missile_vs_M60_Main_Battle_Tank_1973.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/p5juat6vs2b9o/TFL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR-2_Genie
mediafire.com/file/xqmw90fq3spke9r/Osprey - CBT 012 - Confederate Cavalryman vs Union Cavalryman 1861-5.pdf
mediafire.com/file/c1m51hgyaebvadg/Osprey - WAR 054 - Confederate Cavalryman 1861-65.pdf
leagueofaugsburg.blogspot.co.nz/2018/01/kurpfalz-feldherren-wargame-club-germany.html
mediafire.com/file/1lfvfani2aevoym/DBA_3.0.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Wargaming Magazines
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead
The Face Of Battle
General d'Armee (TFL version)
Swordpoint

January the 31st in military history:

1504 – The Treaty of Lyon ends the Italian War, confirming French domination of northern Italy, while Spain receives the Kingdom of Naples.
1578 – The Battle of Gembloux takes place.
1848 – John C. Frémont is court-martialed for mutiny and disobeying orders.
1891 – The first attempt at a Portuguese republican revolution breaks out in the northern city of Porto.
1900 – Datu Muhammad Salleh, ending the Mat Salleh Rebellion.
1915 – World War I: Germany is the first to make large-scale use of poison gas in warfare in the Battle of Bolimów against Russia.
1917 – World War I: Germany announces that its U-boats will resume unrestricted submarine warfare after a two-year hiatus.
1918 – A series of accidental collisions on a misty Scottish night leads to the loss of two Royal Navy submarines with over a hundred lives.
1919 – The Battle of George Square takes place in Glasgow, Scotland.
1942 – World War II: Allied forces are defeated by the Japanese at the Battle of Malaya and retreat to Singapore.
1943 – World War II: German Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus surrenders to the Soviets at Stalingrad, followed 2 days later by the remainder of his Sixth Army.
1944 – World War II: American forces land on the Marshall Islands.
1944 – World War II: During the Anzio campaign the 1st Ranger Battalion is destroyed behind enemy lines in a heavily outnumbered encounter at Battle of Cisterna.
1945 – US Army private Eddie Slovik is executed for desertion, the first such execution of an American soldier since the Civil War.
1945 – World War II: The end of fighting in the Battle of Hill 170 during the Burma Campaign, in which the British 3 Commando Brigade repulsed a Japanese counterattack on their positions.
1968 – Vietnam War: Viet Cong guerrillas attack the United States embassy in Saigon, and other attacks, in the early morning hours, later grouped together as the Tet Offensive.

It is 74 years since the Battle of Cisterna, fought near Cisterna, Italy, as part of the Battle of Anzio in World War Two. It was a clear German victory which also had repercussions on the employment of U.S. Army Rangers that went beyond the immediate tactical and strategic results of the battle.

During this battle, the 1st, 3rd, and 4th U.S. Army Ranger battalions, the 83rd Chemical Mortar Battalion, and the 509th Parachute Infantry Battalion, which had been brigaded as the 6615th Ranger Force (Provisional) commanded by Colonel William O. Darby, were assigned to support the renewal of an attack by Major General Lucian Truscott's 3rd Infantry Division, which had previously failed to take Cisterna.

Contrary to their designated function as an elite raiding force, the Rangers had been involved in much of the front line fighting around the Anzio beachhead. Ranger casualties meant many replacements were recruits who lacked the experience and quality of training of the original members. The growing presence of green troops in an otherwise skilled force degraded its ability to conduct successful infiltration and night operations.

The 1st and 3rd Ranger Battalions—preceding the main attack by the 4th Ranger Battalion and the 3rd Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment—attempted a night infiltration behind German lines into the town of Cisterna. Their objective was to seize the town in a surprise attack and hold it until the main attack came through. The two battalions—totaling 767 men and supported by a platoon of 43 men of the 3rd Reconnaissance Troop—moved out at 01:30 and moved in the darkness along a drainage ditch in column formation. Although they were able to bypass numerous German positions, at first light they were still short of their objective and needed to cross open ground for the final portion of the approach.

At this point the Rangers were attacked by strong German forces of the 715th Infantry Division and Herman Göring Panzer Division, including at least seventeen German Panzer IV tanks. According to the Army history of the operation, the infiltration movement had apparently been discovered and an ambush prepared.

The 1st Battalion commander—Major Dobson—personally knocked out one tank by shooting the commander with his pistol, climbing atop the tank, and dropping a white phosphorus grenade down the hatch. Two other tanks were captured by Rangers, but then knocked out by other Rangers who did not know they had been captured. Despite fierce fighting, there was little chance of success once the Rangers were attacked on the open ground. German units put Ranger prisoners in front of their tanks and commanded other Rangers to surrender. After the approximately seven-hour battle, only six of the 767 Rangers and one member of the 3rd Recon troop returned to Allied lines, resulting in an overall loss of 803 men. The exact number of killed, wounded and captured is unknown, although historian Carlo D'Este estimated well over 400 Rangers became POWs. US Army records indicate over 700 Ranger prisoners.

The main assault also jumped off, now attempting to rescue the trapped battalions. Led by the 4th Ranger Battalion, it encountered serious opposition and failed to break through. However, the overall attack—which also included an attack by the 7th Infantry Regiment and 504th Parachute Infantry Regiments—did push forward the Allied lines 3 mi (4.8 km) on a 7 mi (11 km) wide front on 31 January and 1 February, although failing to achieve the desired breakthrough and Cisterna was to remain in German hands until May 1944. However, German counterattacks on 1–2 February—conducted by the Herman Göring Panzer and 71st Infantry Divisions—failed to recapture any of the ground from the Allies and suffered severe casualties.

Later intelligence revealed that the Americans efforts had help "spike" the planned German counter-attack on the Allied forces at Anzio.

Gen Lucas' employment of the lightly armed Rangers to spearhead the attack was heavily criticized. The shattered Ranger forces within Italy were subsequently disbanded, and as many as four-hundred surviving Rangers served as replacements in the US/Canadian First Special Service Force, an elite raiding force in need of qualified replacements.

William O. Darby had commanded the American Ranger Force during the battle. When the 179th Infantry Regiment of the 45th Infantry Division was nearly overrun on 18 February during the major German attempt to take out the beachhead, Darby was sent to take command and hold the ground. Darby later was Assistant Division commander of the 10th Mountain Division. He was killed in action on 30 April 1945, and was the only U.S. officer honored with a posthumous promotion to General during World War II.

A fictionalized account of the battle was depicted in the motion picture "Anzio" in 1968.

Cisterna is a really unequal fight, but I know from personal experience it makes a great wargame. The main task of the Ranger player is to get out of there while inflicting as much damage as possible, without getting encircled or overrun. There is a really well written Flames of War scenario for it linked below, which could be adapted to different systems.

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=250
mediafire.com/file/5eff5f9sqtm7cj0/Osprey - CAM 155 - Anzio 1944.pdf
mediafire.com/file/6qdqcjrbdorabob/Osprey_-_MAA_385_-_Hermann_Goring_Division.pdf
mediafire.com/file/bn1ufudu7lugo4k/Osprey - WAR 069 - Darby's Rangers 1942-45.pdf

Missile Threat released! 8 months of research and play testing, 11 conflicts (18 if you count different periods), stats for 283 different aircraft, 40 years of air combat in one book...

wargamevault.com/product/232769/Missile-Threat

Its been one hell of a grind chaps, largest scope of any game I've ever made.

Your highway to the danger zone takes my breath away, user
You can ride my tail anytime

Copy that, maverick-one-dingo-baby.

I always find it interesting looking at the first version of a ruleset compared to the latest.

Here's what it started as - pretty much everything has changed since then (and 146 pages added...)

Also note I haven't added the Solo or Mercenary air campaign rules yet, I have a shit ton of random aircraft and ordnance tables to fill out over the next few days.

Nice.

Nice. I'll buy this and some smol scale planes and have a bash with a housemate, cheers.

That Junk will struggle to pass the bridges there.

What's a good wargame (or RPG) for simulating a single soldier? I've been reading the Osprey PDF on the Volkstrumm and I want to run a short game where you play as a 60 year old man in the Volkstrumm and have to avoid tanks and engage enemies with a shitty WW1 rifle or pipe machine gun.

Preferably something with some sort of stealth mechanics.

Would Advanced Squad Leader work?

Phoenix Command

Where are those minis from?!?! 28mm?

Lords & Servants 2nd edition released, free update if you've already bought the 1st edition pdf, apparently you can get a bit off the cost of a printed version if you bought a physical copy before too.

Stuff has been tidied up, made easier to reference (examples are more visually distinct from the body text for one thing), a whole load of scenarios have been added in.

So there's a thing if you're looking for a medieval large skirmish game that isn't Lion Rampant.

Protip: should have gone with a darker fake fur, or soaked theirs in paint first to dye it.

anything else that's not Phoenix Command?

I’m trying to work on a die-driven AI for personal use, for division level games of any era. I was wondering if anyone can point me at any similar existing systems that I could refer to or just use without writing my own?

>posting that stupid image

ASL wouldn't be the thing, you want something like Operation Whitebox or GURPS or maybe even Twilight 2000 with a few changes. The old FGU Behind Enemy Lines title might work. Most of these should be in out WW2 trove.

There's also this game called Grey Ranks, it's about child soldiers in the Warsaw Uprising, but given the theme you're after it might be worth a look for converting.

It's literally the first thing that comes up when you google Phoenix Command

Probably because meme loving retards spam it.

I'll look into Operation Whitebox.

Idk about GURPS. I don't need any leveling system or progression system. The idea is that the player character is probably going to die.

What I'm looking for is something with good LOS rules, good range and hit probabilities and initiative rules. Maybe an inventory or skill checks. Damage doesn't need to be too complex. Honestly getting hit with a full sized rifle cartridge is going to fuck you up point blank period. Don't need a "roll to determine if you bleed out in 5 minutes or 20 minutes" type of thing.

extremely hot, uh, roger tally pickle judy

Tempted to buy it now rather than waiting for the expansion content even though there's no way in fuck I'm going to get a chance to play any time soon.

Hey, there's a new SA LP of that going on. Unlike the previous one, this hasn't gotten past the first mission. Also unlike the previous one, this hasn't degenerated into a thunderdome and died out.

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847185

>Sticky dies from his wounds, lonely and in pain.

Are you the same guy who's been posting these threads since day one? You've got some dedication.

28mm Bolt Action figures.

One user has the OP copypasta, the other user has the post thread button. When the user with the post thread button dies, the second user posts the thread.

I think these are Wargames Factory minis though. They seem to slim for Warlords

Yeah nah; these are realistically proportioned

Wargames Factory

I think it’s ok. Live grass is pretty bright green.

You might also take a look at Final Combat, it’s pretty detailed and has a low figure count. Someone posted it here a while back, I’m not sure it made it into the media fire though

It's not the brightness; it's the white base colour showing through.

Pendraken are increasing their prices tomorrow if, like me, you were considering a purchase and don't want to spend 6% more on it.

Hey /hwg/ i bought some fallschirmjager in the warlord sale but I'm not sure what these pieces are and cause its sprues in a sale you don't get instructions labelling the parts. Can anyone help?

right is the left hand side of a torso complete with arm, left is the right arm with a panzerfaust.

Whats the big saggy shit under the arms.

5 seconds in google

Make your own mod to 5 men in Normandy? or Nuts?
Or start with something like Scarlet Heroes or a Pulp game (maybe THW's Larger than life) and add a WW2 skin?

Copy that, tango-pickle-richthofen

The solo rules and mercenary air campaign rules will be available for free (pay what you want) on wargame vault once they're done, so anyone can grab them. Probably wont take me long to get them done, its just filling a bunch of tables for the merc air campaign that needs doing, all the mechanics are written.

I personally love the Traveller system, it could handle any kind of historical campaign like this. Character generation involves aging so you could even generate an old man (with negatives for being old...) Mongoose 1e is probably the go-to for Traveller editions.

Gaming mats like that get me hard as diamonds.

Where do you get them? all i can find is this plastic shit

make them out of towels and teddy bear fur and stuff.

In fact check the Perry fb page, they just uploaded some photos from a mat they renovated.

OT-64

Yo, Uprisinganon, someone's got a KS going for 28mm Uprising figs. kickstarter.com/projects/1971027130/warsaw-uprising-1944-28mm-figures-by-infamous-jt/

The big tank battle just outside the city between 2nd Tank Army and XXXIX and IV SS Tank Corps is on my 6mm to-do list

Since July 2014
I think if I'll stop I'll die
Incidentally my newly made Moderns/Osprey folder is actually not far off done, I've just been neglecting the upload

Might get it out of a sense of duty and respect rather than any expectation of playing it soon.

Is the nam game yours too? That's probably the project I'm looking forward to the most.

You mean Snakes and Slicks? nah that's the other wargame designer called Tom who frequents here :)

I have done a strategic level fast-play nam game for a hex map, and Missile Threat does cover Vietnam with both helicopters and ground forces covered, although its aimed mostly at the air aspect.

I do plan on creating a Vietnam version of Hind & Seek at some stage, but that's probably a fair way off.

I just shot an introduction video for Missile Threat, so I'll upload that in the next hour or so

Probably due to the cost of zinc. A handful of large mines closed in the least year or two so there’s a global supply shortage; the price has doubled since mid 2015.

I assumed Snakes and Slicks and Hind and Seek were part of the same family because of the similarities in the name and that you were just very easily distracted.

Thinking about it some more 3mm is absolute peanuts so it couldn't hurt to grab some minis

Converted PDF but a good start

Sagger Anti-Tank Missile vs M60 Main Battle Tank: Yom Kippur War 1973 (Osprey Duel 84)

The 1973 Yom Kippur War rewrote the textbook on the tactics of modern armored warfare. Unlike the previous major Arab-Israeli war of 1967, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) faced an enemy that had invested heavily in modern Soviet weapon systems and tactics. Using detailed colour artwork and insightful analysis, this book explains how the effective use of the Soviet-supplied AT-3 Sagger (9M14 Malyutka) anti-tank missile allowed small Arab tank-killing teams to destroy Israeli armor at an astonishing rate. It also analyses the tank that opposed it, the US-built M60A1, which had to fight for survival against the Arab Saggers, and shows how in both the Sinai and the Golan Heights, the IDF quickly learned that firepower and infantry/artillery cooperation were the keys to their survival.

mediafire.com/file/tl99fd65lefq2tm/Osprey_-_DUE_043_-_Sagger_Anti-Tank_Missile_vs_M60_Main_Battle_Tank_1973.pdf

At this point I'm certain that the average /hwg/ poster is called Tom and lives in Hampshire

I'm a long way from Hampshire user...

On the plus side there's only one conflict that ever happened here, and I've gamed it

It's not about the Hampshire on the map, it's about the Hampshire in your heart.

Hope you didn't get washed away Dunedinbro, that was a hell of a storm today
Up in Taranaki we get it lucky weatherwise, not to mention all the tribal and Land Wars fightin' that happened here to make for interesting wargaming stuff

Nah it was great down here, back to normal with rain and cool temperatures. Everyone's sick of those 35C days... that's not the Dunedin we know and love. Give me that cool air from Antarctica and lots of rain and I'll be happy.

I'm heading up north in a few months, hopefully check out some nz wars stuff, I'll be around Whitianga though

Behind Enemy Lines, which we have in the WWII folder, is based on Classic Traveller.
I'm starting a CT game tomorrow at my school in order to introduce my group to the mechanics of BEL.

Hey there people. Looking for Toofatlardies Summer and Winter specials. Cheers.

>Copy that, tango-pickle-richthofen
Actually ignore that, I bought the dratted thing right away.

I'd mostly been ignoring your write-ups and comments in the thread, saying I'd look when it was done, but it turns out you've done a lot of extremely neat things! I like that you're making in-mission CSAR a thing, for instance, and the scheduling/range factors, and, and

No tac nuke rules, though, unless I skipped them. Shame. Maybe put them in the supplement with flying aircraft carriers and trench runs?

I've got a few here mediafire.com/folder/p5juat6vs2b9o/TFL

>start making paper soldiers
>two day pass
>printer suddenly prints colours all fucked up and blurry
>do full maintenance
>still fucked

We used Classic Traveller for skirmish level games as soon as someone showed up with that little black box. I know it was early '78 and we were spending an afternoon playing SPI folios and the like when one of the group walked in with Traveller. I remember him saying it was "like D&D but with guns".

I don't think any of us bothered using it as a RPG for more than a year. It was all 1 fig = 1 man skirmishing instead.

a missing fortress for the trove.

Thanks mr pooey bumsniff I wasnt able to find it on my phone when I googled it

Is this Talavera?

With the village in the centre? That isn't Talavera.

That's Busaco.

Yes, I realized I got my Sharpe novels mixed up pretty soon after I posted, but decided on leaving my shame up.

Absolutely smashing display, anyway.

Please,
someone could upload :
"Atlanta is ours "
supplement for ACW wargame / ALTAR OF FREEDOM
?
Thanks !

user, I usually browse these threads but rarely comment because I dont actually play historical war games, yet. But I just thought I'd commend you on some of the best threads on Veeky Forums, that's real dedication my dude.

>got thrown out of a games day for saying my opponent’s army fought for a false Dutch king and the traitor bitch Mary Stuart

Feels bad

No you didn't

Tiocfaidh ár lá

>illuminated manuscripts else it did not occur

Glad you're liking it!

I think there are a few nuke cruise missiles in the Complete Aircraft & Ordnance list. Anything that does 6 points of ground damage is probably a small nuke, or capable of carrying a nuke warhead.

I did include a Canadian nuclear air-to-air-rocket:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR-2_Genie

>Gamma and neutron doses received by observers on the ground were negligible. Doses received by aircrew were highest for the fliers assigned to penetrate the airburst cloud ten minutes after explosion.

>Jones, you're going to fly through that cloud of radioactive debris right after the explosion, don't worry, radiation is good for you
The 1950s were a goofy time

Looking for the following supplements for IABSM v3:
Battle for Liberation
Vpered Na Berlin
Blitzkrieg in the West

Ah, yes, because Phoenix Command is definitely not a game obsessed with insane charts that has 64 hit locations if you shoot someone from the front and 20 if you shoot them from the side.

My problem with that image is that it oversimplifies the issue
There's nothing in Phoenix Command that can't be grasped by any roleplayer of decent experience; but it's memetically touted as unplayable
Mark Twain said a classic is "something everyone talks about but nobody had read", and Phoenix Command suffers from a similar problem
I think it would be a pleasant surprise to the right kind of gamer; it really was designed for the kind of person who just has to specifiy every type of cartridge and bullet type avaliable
That being said I don't apply these comments to the Mechanized Rules, which are something else entirely, just the Hand-to-Hand and Small Arms ones
There's always Leading Edge's Aliens game too, if you do want to streamline the system a little more
And crikey, it's still better than Rolemaster

>There's nothing in Phoenix Command that can't be grasped by any roleplayer of decent experience
I'd agree with this. It's overly-complex, but not terribly-written - the unplayability is because it's not suitable for what you're trying to do with it, usually, not because you can't figure it out.

What you're trying to do with it may include "play a fun complex game," if your tastes in complexity run differently.

And Rolemaster is actually downright elegant in a lot of ways - the nightmare is often character creation and levelling, not play, and the later editions made it worse, but go back to 2e or look at classic and you're fine. Just have a sheet for your weapon and the sheet for the kind of crits it does handy as a player and you're set. Roll d100, look at chart, done.

Christchurch user here. Nice to see some kiwis on tg

From the land of Charles Upham!
You guys have been getting it pretty hard round there these past years

thanks mate

The Beefsteak Raid was a Confederate cavalry raid that took place in September 1864 as part of the Siege of Petersburg during the American Civil War. Confederate Maj. Gen. Wade Hampton led a force of 3,000 troopers of the Confederate States Army on what was to become a 100-mile (160 km) ride to acquire cattle that were intended for consumption by the Union Army, which was laying a combined siege to the cities of Richmond and Petersburg, Virginia.

Always lacking in supplies, the Confederate forces that were defending the capital of Richmond were beginning to run out of food. A report by General Robert E. Lee on August 22, 1864, stated that corn to feed the Southern soldiers was exhausted. A scout informed General Hampton on September 5 that there were 3,000 lightly defended cattle behind Union lines, at Edmund Ruffin's plantation on Coggin's Point, 5 miles (8 km) away from Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant's headquarters. Believing the cattle were defended by only 120 Union soldiers and 30 civilians (the actual force was larger, but still less than 500), Hampton arranged for 3,000 Confederate troops to follow him. These men included "several certified Texas cattle thieves".

On September 14,, Hampton led his men to the south of Petersburg and the Union trenches, in order to eventually turn north behind Union lines. He chose to cross where the Cook's Bridge over the Blackwater River once stood, knowing that an attack from there would be unexpected. He had some engineers reconstruct the bridge. At 5 a.m. on September 16, Hampton's force attacked with a three-prong strike, with the center directed toward the cattle. Hampton's force captured more than 2,000 cattle, along with 11 wagons and 304 prisoners, leading them back to the Confederate lines at 9 a.m. on September 17. The total losses for the Confederates, who saw some opposition, were 10 killed, 47 wounded, and 4 missing. The official count of cattle successfully reaching the Confederates for food was 2,468.

Despite the raid's success, its strategic impact was not as great as the large number of cattle taken might seem to indicate. For whereas the Union had the resources to replace its lost cattle, the Confederates lacked grain to spare for feed. They were therefore forced to slaughter the cattle almost as soon as they had secured them. The ensuing "feast" on the Confederate side might be better described as a rush to consume the beef before it spoiled.

For days afterwards, the Southerners would taunt the Northern sentries, thanking them for all the food and inviting them over for dinner. There was so much beef available that Confederate sentries would sometimes offer it in unauthorized trades with Union sentries for certain luxury items of which the Federal soldiers had a plentiful supply, but the Confederates lacked. After the beef was eaten or spoiled, the Confederates reverted to their previous, dire food situation.

Abraham Lincoln called the raid "the slickest piece of cattle-stealing" he ever heard of. General Lee's adjutant, Lt. Col. Walter H. Taylor, said it made up for disruption of Confederate supply lines caused by the loss of the Weldon Railroad, a claim most historians consider to be overstated.

Much of the action of the Beefstake Raid took place in Prince George County. The Prince George County Historical Society commemorates the raid with a steak dinner each September. A fictionalized depiction of the raid is featured in the 1966 film "Alvarez Kelly".

mediafire.com/file/xqmw90fq3spke9r/Osprey - CBT 012 - Confederate Cavalryman vs Union Cavalryman 1861-5.pdf
mediafire.com/file/c1m51hgyaebvadg/Osprey - WAR 054 - Confederate Cavalryman 1861-65.pdf

Any got Disposable Heroes 2 that they could share?

Thanks.

>Unguided air to air tac nuke

I didn't know I needed such a thing in my life until now.

Hoardings are my fetish

Enjoy the porn
leagueofaugsburg.blogspot.co.nz/2018/01/kurpfalz-feldherren-wargame-club-germany.html

play a merc air campaign set in 60s or 70s South America and you'll be able to use them...

They do a shit ton of damage, but obviously they can be out-turned very easily and don't guide at all to a target. Should the target aircraft not be aware of the thing being launched, or fail to make defensive maneuvers, its going to fucking ruin its day.

Anyone know where I can fin De Bellis Antiquitatis 3.0 Rules set?

In our Ancients/Games folder in the OP
mediafire.com/file/1lfvfani2aevoym/DBA_3.0.pdf

Thank you so much!