"you can't do that, there is no rule for that action."

>"you can't do that, there is no rule for that action."

If that happens, that guy has to retire from GMing - Your good GM if you can go along with most unexpected actions (I recall making rules for cooking cakes on the spot for entire session)

>there are actually rules and advice for improvising actions written right in the book

Have you tried playing D&D?

>uses a stop watch to make sure you only say 6 seconds worth of things to your allies

Have you tried not playing VTNL?

If you let him get away with some shenanigan, the player will now just do it every time and lean on his improvised rule-breaking gimmick as a crutch, then whine and bitch when you ask him later to kno0ck it off and play the game like he's supposed to.

more weird looking dragons?

"This is an imperfect one-off ruling made in the interest of time and fun. I reserve the right to change it as my understanding develops, especially if I feel that you guys might abuse the current ruling."

>said no GM outside of OP's imaginary view of what an RPG session probably looks like

I keep seeing pictures of this elf. Where exactly does she originate from?

That's a really fucking cool dragon.

That's Ribbon, Veeky Forums's unofficial mascot.
She's from a drawfag that used to post comics about Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums.

If only the players understood this social bargain implicitly and didn't feel the need to beg for bonuses and niggle to try to leverage cheaty advantages out of everything.

Of my 6 DnD regulars, one of them is a conniving nudnik who doesn't even know 5th edition, always scheming to cook up some contrivance which he thinks should give him some extra d6 of damage or let him perform some action without having to do a check. At first I opened up the discussion to figure out some kind of house rule to make him happy, but give and inch and he wanted to take a mile. Now I just tell him: "look up in the PHB table of contents and read to me what it says", since trying to tell him the rule from memory just provokes more haggling and wheedling. If I tell him the rule, he goes 'well that's what you say, but you know rule zero, you could always change it," and won't just drop it and accept the way it works.

Everyone else knows and follows the rules, and he just wants to play orthogonal calvinball and beg me to make up extra rules on the spot. It's such a hassle that I'm forced to shut him down, which sucks because I'm more than willing to rule zero house-rule other people's requests as long as they are infrequent and reasonable. Not literally every turn for every action no matter how clearly it's already spelled out in the rules.

>making rules for cooking is good GMing

user...

He said making rules for cooking cakes, which we all know aren't cooked but baked in the real world.
You can tell the skill of that GM not only by the on the fly rule building, but how those rules became reflected in the world building as well. Here they cook cakes!
The addition of the 'Cooking Cakes' mechanic has added depth not just to the system, but to the world.

I imagine that dragon has a pretty big apatite

>I keep seeing pictures of this elf
The drawfag who made her makes 1-2 threads every day using her or his other OC waifu as the OP image.

Yes. It was awful.

Maybe you guys should check out heroquest:2 or Heroquest: Glorantha, the system, mot the board game or the video game.
Pretty dope if you don't mind or even like narrative games.

Baking is a sub-type of cooking user.
See also-
>Stewing
>Grilling
>Roasting
>Broiling
>Frying

He was talking about the system not everything you try to accomplish in life.

Fuck off Carlos.

No, he doesn't, but this retard keeps showing up to keep saying that.

>When there is, and it's in the fucking Dragon Magazine but this bitch nigga won't check

this was pretty poor

>Veeky Forums's unofficial mascot
Wrong

>Veeky Forums's unofficial mascot
Just because a certain drawfag keeps posting it doesn't mean shit.

Oh, you. I bet you get really upset seeing her run around in our banner.