Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Chibistodes edition

>Dorn
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/forge-world-preview-rogal-dorn-revealed/

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for help
can I get a few opinions on this list? It's for a tournament in a couple of months, andI'm still considering my options

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) ++
Forge World: Mars

+ HQ +
Belisarius Cawl
Tech-Priest Dominus: Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe, Eradication Ray, Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land

+ Troops +
4x Kataphron Destroyers w Cognis Flamer, Heavy grav-cannon

Skitarii Rangers: Omnispex
2x Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic arquebus
2x Skitarii Ranger: 2x Galvanic rifle
Skitarii Alpha: Galvanic rifle

Skitarii Rangers: Omnispex
2x Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic arquebus
2x Skitarii Ranger: 2x Galvanic rifle
Skitarii Alpha: Galvanic rifle

Skitarii Vanguards: Omnispex
4x Skitarii Vanguard: 4x Radium Carbine
2x Vanguard (Arc Rifle): 2x Arc rifle
Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

+ Elites +
Cybernetica Datasmith: Gamma pistol, Power fist, Refractor Field

+ Heavy Support +
2x Kastelan Robots w Heavy Phosphor blasters
Onager Dunecrawler: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber
Onager Dunecrawler: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber, Icarus Array

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) ++
Forge World: Stygies VIII
+ HQ +
Tech-Priest Enginseer: Laspistol, Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm

+ Troops +
Skitarii Vanguards: Enhanced data-tether
2x Skitarii Vanguard: 2x Radium Carbine
2x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 2x Plasma caliver
Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

+ Elites +
5x Sicarian Infiltrators w Stubcarbine & Power sword
5x Sicarian Infiltrators w Flechette Blaster & Taser goad

+ Fast Attack +
3x Sydonian Dragoons w Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Phosphor Serpenta, Taser lance

2nd for diapers

Infiltraitors are kinda terrible now. However, Plasma Tanks or Onagers are the tits.

Custodes bestodes

I asked it last thread without answer:
I want to make some Angry Marines. I'm thinking of using Death Company rules because it's fluffy and get a lot of attacks. Unfortunately the Death Company miniatures have a lot of Blood Angels iconography.

What kit would best represent Angry Marines? Vanguard Veterans? Regular Assault Marines?

Any mono-custodes batreps yet? Or maybe some of you have already played with/against mono-bananas?

Posting this in the new thread. How's this list for a casual fluffy list? Iron Knights on a penitent crusade so no Librarians, Scouts, or Primaris. Plan is to have the tacs move up to objectives supported by the Sternguards and devs. Dread and Pred hit the flanks. Captain with termie bodyguard teleports in and does what he can. I've not played since 5th and don't really care for the competitive scene, but how likely am I to be tabled in casual games? I like the look of mechanised marines.

Vanguard Detachment, Imperial Fists Chapter Tactics

Captain in Terminator Armour (111pts), The Burning Blade, Power Sword, Storm Bolter

Tactical Squad (164pts)
>7x Space Marine
>Space Marine Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword
>Space Marine w/ Heavy Weapon, Missile Launcher,
>Space Marine w/ Special Weapon, Flamer

Tactical Squad (168pts)
>7x Space Marine
>Space Marine Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Combi-Plasma
>Space Marine w/ Heavy Weapon, Heavy Bolter
>Space Marine w/ Special Weapon, Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad (160pts)
>7x Space Marine
>Space Marine Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword
>Space Marine w/ Heavy Weapon, Plasma Cannon
>Space Marine w/ Special Weapon, Flamer

Apothecary (55pts)

Company Ancient (67pts)
>Power Sword

Sternguard Veteran Squad (90pts)
>Veteran Sergeant, Bolt pistol, Special Issue Boltgun
>4x Veteran Space Marine

Terminator Squad (212pts)
>Teleport Homer
>Terminator Sergeant
>Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon, Assault Cannon
>3x Terminator

Venerable Dreadnought (197)
>Twin Linked Lascannons
>Heavy Flamer

Devastator Squad (151 pts)
>Armorium Cherub
>Space Marine Sergeant, Boltgun
>Plasma Cannon
>Lascannon
>Missile Launcher
>Heavy Bolter

Predator (198 pts)
>Hunter-Killer Missile
>Storm Bolter
>Lascannons everywhere

Rhino x 3 (216 pts)
>Storm Bolter

Razorback (89 pts)
>Twin Heavy Bolter
>Storm Bolter

Razorback (122 pts)
>Twin Lascannon
>Storm Bolter

Nth for thanks to the dude who suggested I look at Bohemia and Moravia for inspiration. It's a treasure trove

Any ideas how to duplicate this to use with an inquisitor?
Scions?

guys jesus christ on a lawnmower. Try to condense your lists or put them in an attached pdf

>Mono bananas
>Not conscripts babysitters
Good one user

Plasma over grav for Kataphrons.
Infiltrators already come out of reserves, no reason to bring them in Stygies.

>Fluffy
>Fists
>No walls

Is Ebay the only place to get old-school models? I'm trying to get my hands on some classic Ork models, especially classic MANz.

Oldhammer Trading Company is the best place.
It's on Facebook.

> first entry: illegally gives a named Character a relic
And I think we are done here. Hey retard, why not read the fucking rules instead of sucking off battlescribe. Jesus they are free on this God damn site.

They're Iron Knights, not Fists, and I didn't want to be one of those guys who uses chapter tactics from a different founding chapter just for the sake of winning. Iron Knights are used as a full-assault force against heavily defended positions, rather than a static line.

How about you get your stale 1d4chan shit the fuck out of here

You'd probably be better off dropping the ancient for a Lieutenant HQ and then go for the brigade detachment for the 3 CP instead of just 1 with Vanguard.

>Infiltrators already come out of reserves, no reason to bring them in Stygies.
Hmm, fair point. I went with this in case I needed to deploy them beyond 12" for whatever reason, and get the -1 thing, but maybe it'd be better to get 2 canticles on them

Just scions with shadow warriors cloack and convert the scions faces with green stuff

SOON

What're some tips for up and coming admech players? Besides using dakkastelans and neutronagers.

I might pick up a few custards for the list.

Mine is like that too, plus there's a good few dickheads there and swarms of children left there while their parents go shopping. Looking forward to moving away from that city partly because I'd like there to be more than one shop within an hour from my house and/or some actual decent 6x4' tables.

Personally I'd replace the Vanguard with stock Ranger squads, which saves you 76 points that's can buy another Enginseer and squad of Rangers to run two Battalions once you shuffle the 6 troops around. I really wouldn't go for the Forge World mixing if I were you though, if you make them all Mars and combine them you can probably put together a Brigade for good times, since Wrath of Mars is decent on Infiltrators if your Casties die and if you deepstrike right you won't get anything out of the Stygies bonuses, so give all 10 Flechette Blasters if possible.

Turn the Dominus into an Enginseer for points since Cawl and the Datasmith can already repair both bots at once and Cawlticles is all the rerolls you like, merge your two detachments under Mars, split the Dragoons into singlets and use them to cap and harass units that can't Fall Back and shoot by repeatedly locking them up, enjoy 12CP of splashing out on dakka once you use all your spare points from dropping a Destroyer and the pointless Dominus statline to get another Neutron Laser.

I know all Mars can be a little basic, but unless you've got some serious melee smackdowns you want to combo with Stygies it's really not the best tourney pick.

Deal with it. I'm going to have fun

>conscripts
>same points as line infantry but worse at literally everything

user no one should ever field a conscript ever again. They have 0 useful purposes now.

well fuck you too. It was a misclick. thanks, tho

That's about it. Run sniper rangers to fill a cheap BN to get the points for MOAR dakka beep boops and crab tanks.
For Cuckstodes, a supreme command of biker shield captains to run interference while you shoot the fuck out of everything else. Add Cawl for extra that guy

Not fluffy, sorry. No new marines allowed on a penitent crusade.

There are non-primaris lieutenants so they are fluffy, you just don't know the fluff.

You can take them in units of 30 to get more mileage out of buffs. That's about it.

DESU they should've just given them the Cultist statline.

The virgin samefag. Have fun with your kewl Angry Marines!!!1! Make sure you say KEK loudly when you put them down, and spout memes while you play. You will be the coolest kid the LGS, guaranteed

Well they aren't exceptionally better as Mars, that's true.
I think the better solution is to just bring electro priests instead of infiltrators, to be frank.

Or you know, just take 3 squads of 10 infantry like a not-retarded person.

Are you sure? I thought they were Primaris only.

Green text the best match you ever had

Funny how right last thread we were talking about how stuff like Angry Marines don't fly anymore because people just tell you "fuck off back to 1d4chan". I'll take some stale memes over only being able to enjoy shitting on stuff.

Be honest, how realistic is it that any other loyalist Primarch actually will return - at least in the foreseeable future?

>trying this hard to fit in
>Can't fathom that more than 1 person may think he's a fuccboi
Please go back to eddit or at least lurk more. Maybe come back once you're done puberty?

How pathetic can you be? I bet RH latex nuns trigger you as well.

Infilators with +1 S and reroll 1s to hit fucking murder things. And Cawl will let you cherry pick to get them.

You seem upset.

Hence "get more mileage out of buffs", for purely defensive/screening purposes that is. Like morale buffs affecting more bodies.

Isn't it exciting friend? Hopefully not long now

High. They print money. I'd bet my left ear that there's at the very least one in the pipeline (if not ready to ship) right now.

Thank you, that's useful
another option that I considered is using a unit of 10 fulgurites in stygies vanguard detachment, along with dragoons and infiltrators and drop them and dragoons with strategems. I have to play WYSIWYG, so different loadouts on infs, I'm afraid

I was expecting it be honest.
They're old enough to be retro now though so I figured some people may enjoy remembering them.

Please read your codex.

>would rather just have people bitch and screech at each other rather than take part in something that could be cool

Ok I'm a taufag but that's pretty funny
>not-shit riptides are coming and there's nothing you can do about it
feelsweebman

Shit user, kinda out of left field, but how many do you need? I have a heap of the old Boyz + MANz

Just checked, you're right. Gonna rework the list, thanks for letting me know!

What's the pixelated one?

The fulgurites are a great idea

Bought the Get Started Skitarii box

Do I make some Dark Mechanicum to complement my Death Guard, Daemons and Thousand Sons, or go ahead with Adeptus Mechanicus?

Also, what do I buy next for the army after I've finished painting up the box? Not so familiar with AM, just wanted a change for painting

Space Marines two

The Tau codex, I believe it was a joke

Kastelans

If you're looking for a challenge, Dark Eldar. They're getting a new codex soon too, and it's rumored to be pretty alright.

GSC breeders

Admech isn't GA Chaos tho, also none of the units really suck so anything is a good pick

Eh, you won't be able to use them with chaos units unless they you agree first.
Still, making them look Dark Mechanicum themed would be awesome and I'd recommend it. You could ally them with guardsmen and make them traitor guard too.

Ive only heard rumours about the tau codex being 'meh'.
Was there really word on the deldar dex?

99% of the 1d4chan shit is cringey as fuck. And if you think playing or people around someone whose knowledge of this game is from browsing that garbage, then you have never played with some fat autist who can only spout memes.

I'm always looking to expand my Boyz mob, and I'd like to collect somewhere around 6 or so MANz, so two MANz Missiles-worth

Also, lemme see them nigglies

4 or so Arquebi embedded in Omnispex 5-Ranger squads is excellent for keeping enemy characters honest and royally pissing off Guard when their order boys get turned to pink mist the moment they step into Line of Sight.

For the rest of the troops just take stock Rangers, maybe with some Arc Rifles, and if you've got more than two Kastelans in a 1.8k or higher game a min squad of Kataphron Destroyers isn't terrible for Elimination Volley.

Dragoons are great fun in blobs or with Stygies, as are Electropriests because killing 40 Genestealers or 60 Gants in one turn of horrific violence is great fun, or beating up Daemon Primarchs with literally whos. I still want to make basically a whole list of those and go for the sneaky grand slam on someone.

Not sure there's anything from Custodes that patches any real holes in our lists, but I have thought of a few neat conversion ideas for Myrmidons and Magi Reductor as either Custodes bodyguards or a banner-bearer with that relic for Fearless and Orbital Strike enabling a tide of Skitarii to ride the Ironfire heresy-style.
Also, Magos brain-transfer shenanigans with Shoulder The Mantle bouncing my Warlord all over the place in Apocalypse games, since you can actually afford that there. Probably going to make a little "condiments division" of converted flavour units to use in matches like that sometime, because just lining up two dozen Dunecrawlers and Kastelans is a little dull. and there's some great IMPERIUM relic nonsense you can pull if you have a bucketload of CP for it.

Look at the pixelated white armour, white scars are getting their own codex!

Hey, I just realized that Necrons are based on ancient Egypt that was undoubtedly a Black African civilization. Does this mean that Necrons are actually Black men?

tau

they are japs so they are censored because they gonna fuck u

Please take this with a grain of salt. Apparently, the boys over at The Dark City sent GW a big letter, describing what needed work, and what needed to be fixed, and apparently they listened well. The guys at the Splintermind Podcast have said they think it's stellar.
I'll post some up later tonight when I get home

Don't make me do it.
WE

So would painting the crystal and rods be the better option for another color or would getting custom colored ones be better?

>being this autistic

>Egypt
>Black

When was the last time you had fun, user?

there's a difference between someone having angry marine models and someone constantly screaming and shouting 1d4chan memes. Obviously there are people in the second category that are awful but not everyone is. Loosen up a little.

>egypt
>black

nice bait

Besides the SC! box for Deldar, what's a good starting point? More kalabites? Edgy jet bikes?

GW be like
>We’re gunna put a stop to Death Stars!
And then they start putting nigh unkillable buffs-out-the-ass centerpiece units that encourage you to clump up your army in a single section of the board into the game.

Uuuugh!

It’s not even if they’re OP or UP or just normal. The balls of doom have returned nonetheless. It’s just now they’re shooty too!

Yes, that's why they have no noses, because the Red Scorpions or w/e knocked them off to further their eurocentric ideals.

I'd probably play them solo and just fluff them up as DM. Maybe pair with Imperial Guard fluffed up as Traitor Guard in the future.

Yes, they are in fact tomb kangs and shit

DEEPEST LORE.
Afro/cornrow blacron models when. Strong independent Phraeoness who don't NEED NO MAN special character when

It's the truth though. Educate yourselves.

let's not take this to a /pol/ place

ayo hol up

sounds almost too good to be true, but here's hoping

Good luck, I've been trying to study the heraldry from my country for a knight I'm assembling so I know it takes some time to come up with your own crest.

Mein hero. I'll be sure to lurk extra today.

WUZ

Why was the beginning of the final season so good, and the last half so shit.

Probably not worth trying my friend

Fulgurites are great fun, but you need them in great big blobs to get anything done unless you're praying for T1 and no enemy screens even with Admech's high unit count. I dropped 20 of them in on three occasions, on one of them I beat down a few dozen GSC and generally did well because I got T1 but against a passable vehicle/shooty Marine list they got wiped off the board and even against Dark Eldar I lost 8 before they did anything despite them easily pulling their weight that game and beating on Talos Engines all day. 10 is not enough, I'd stick to the Mars plan for a tournament.

>thinking this small

The other user is laying it heavy, but if you actually try using and modeling 1d4chan memes all you will get is cringe reactions and normalfags giving you a lot of space if you know what I mean.
Just don't do it, anons. I knew this one guy that thought that shit was funny too and he ended up borderline exiled.

How many calories a day do space Marines need, I could not see it being below 5000

>Strong independent Phraeoness who don't NEED NO MAN special character when

High Queen Khalida Neferher in Space when?

>Negrons

From a pure value standpoint Gangs of Commoragh is good. Reavers and Hellions are pretty weak atm, but who knows how that might change with the codex soon. Other than that I'd consider Scourges. They're useful and pretty cheap at $25 for 5.

Finally the fap bait models the neckbeard demographic has been waiting for