Warhammer 40k General

[autism increases] edition

>Dorn
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/forge-world-preview-rogal-dorn-revealed/

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Finally, been waiting for hours.

Fuck alpharius and fuck chaos

What is up with his hair, it looks so douchey

xth for hopefulness for the Drukhari codex.

Does the emperor have a primarch size or a regular human size and a big armor?

Yeah I would shave down the top a bit more. Give him a nice fade.

SO SHALL THE FOES OF MAN FALL

yes

Clean up your legion

How to use Stormboyz in 8th? Also Zagstruck yay or nay?

[Bitterness intensifies]

How do most people outfit their berzerker champion? Everyone else is an infantry mulch, so I gave him a fist to pulverize any high toughness thing that gets close.

What will the Klan tactics be in the Ork codex, boiz?

Fist and plasma pistol

>inb4 GW runs out of primarchs and start putting in new Sue characters like those Fabius primarch clones, perpetuals, other gene super warriors of varying degress of sjwness (muh femstodes tribunes), and whatever Cawl and the Emperor have cooking in their secret labs and weapons vaults.

Hopefully we don’t get any. Ork klans aren’t a very fleshed out idea and most players just pick the most competitive subfaction rules regardless of what their army is modeled as. The whole thing is a mess.

Dorn is best, Gulliman a shit!.

I usually use my stomboyz to flank, being able to move 12 makes them one of the first targets, so don’t bring attention to them.

I haven’t tried Zag on table, but his kit works as a good support character for the stormboyz.

He's so sexy.

>blood axes: you guess

Do space marine helmets look good on scouts? What helmets fit scouts?

>Ork Klans aren't a fleshed out idea
>Ork klans have had lore going on for decades and many of them have unique named characters, as well as iconic tactics or styles
>Ork klans are all color coded, and to orks colors have actual phsyical manifestations of meaning such as speed, luck, being 'ard, and bein sneaky.

Why do people say things that make no sense?

Roll a D6 when taking an unsaved wound on a model.
On a 6+ ignore it. On a 1 the unit takes an additional mortal wound.

They’re gonna be almost the same to everything else for other armies, but that doesn’t mean I still don’t want the goffs to reroll hits in combat, or blood axes have -1 when getting shot at.

no, nothing looks good, scouts are awful awful models and nothing can change that.
Skitari Vanguard heads look ok

>muh femstodes tribunes
Falling for the bait part of the post.
Do you really think the most powerful of space wizards can't cook up whatever the hell he wants? Watch him end up making Custodes capable of changing sex whenever they want, just because he thought it could be useful.

vanguard skittari or scion helms make scouts look human

That pose does not go with that expression at all. Unless he's reacting in disgust to Russ picking his nose.

I wonder when we'll get Valdor. I wonder what his stats would be like

he's standing stoically whilst looking at all the Heresy around him

>[disgust for traitors increased to 100]

Why is this picture always followed by a really stupid post.

> a 6+ ignore it. On a 1 the unit takes an additional mortal wound.
Pfft

well he is supposed to be dorn

where do you work out?

Even if Alpharius dying like a bitch was dumb, Dorn's rage at him over Archamus' death was pretty great

First primarch to not let his traitor foe monologue.

Because they are stupid and memey.
>le speed freaks red
>le death skulls steal stuff

Any self respecting ork player collects different stuff from different “klans” and so would have to make something gay like “speed freak killa kans”

maybe

Shh me lad. Dat git is jus' a young lil grot wot don't know.

S6 T5 W8 2+ 3++ 5++
A5
Weapon
S+2 AP-4 Dd3
Your opponent must reroll successful invulnerable saves taken

Peerless
Reroll hit and wound rolls

That is literally horrible, worst than having nothing at all but knowing how GW likes Orks its pretty plausible.

So far I have the following 2 detachments for my new chaos army:

Chaos Marine Battalion - Alpha Legion
>Sorcerer w/Jump Pack (MoS) - Force Sword, Bolt Pistol, Death Hex, Warp Time
>Sorcerer w/Jump Pack (MoS) - Force Sword, Bolt Pistol, Prescience, Delightful Agonies
>40x Cultists (MoS) - 2x Heavy Stubber
>10x Cultists (MoS)
>10x Cultists (MoS)

Chaos Demon Battalion
>Fluxmaster
>Fluxmaster
>3x Nurglings
>3x Nurglings
>3x Nurglings
>5x Flamers
>5x Flamers

Total cost right now is 1140 - I'm holding off until the TSons books comes out because I think Tzaangors and Tzaangors on discs may end up being a solid addition.

If it isn't another rule but worse, it isn't Orky

Can you build the Allarus without the capes or are the backs of the legs void of any detail like on the skitarii?

No shit orks are stupid and memey, that's their thing. Da Red wunz go fasta! What the hell do you expect? Klan tactics make perfect sense for an army that is composed of different forces of an entire race spanning the entire galaxy with different leaders, tactics, weaponry, and strategies, and paint schemes.

Why didn’t the Emperor make the Primarchs as incorruptible as the Custodians?

I'm getting lazy in magnetising my guys, should i rip out all the magnets and just glue them in place? I found a loadout I like for my dudes and have hardly changed them this whole 8th ed. Will I regret it later? I play Nidzilla

They’re void of detail, I wanted to make mine w/o but yeah, like skittles you need em. Just flat plastic

Because Chaos stole them and gave them all the bad touch.

The legs are molded to fit into the capes. It won’t look good without conversion work.

It's like they designed the model from the side. The side of the face looks good bu t the front is just stupid.

Tau is almost 2 decades old and they still aren't very fleshed out. An Ork klan having a short descriptor and a character name is not the same as it being fleshed out.

From what I'm reading, Ork Klans and Warbands are two different things.

The Klans are shit like the Bad Moons and the Goffs and whatever, but every ork is born into a klan no matter where they are? But Warbands are the things that are actually like chapters or regiments? Two orks can be formed across the galaxy from one another, and both be in different war bands, under different warbosses, but still both be deathskulls?

Weirdly that means the Warbosses don't buff everybody from their own camp, but are more like an Ogryn HQ buffing Ogryn, while working alongside ratlings and guardmen.

Damn. Have to see if I can get Aquilon legs and fit them onto the models. Not a massive fan of the capes.

because the process of making a custodian is a lot longer and time-consuming than a space marine. Space Marines, particularly pre-heresy ones, were mass produced at a huge level.

Because God gave his children free will.

Best place to get Dark Lances in Aus?

The ass-cape is necessary, I'm afraid. The models are pretty great otherwise.

Evil Sunz:
+1" movement, Whenever you move, roll a D6, on a 1 take a mortal wound

Blood Axes:
+1 Leadership, no longer gain the benefit of Mob Rule

Bad Moons:
can take Flash Gitz as troops. Can no longer take Boyz or Grotz and Flash gitz cost +5pts per model

Goffs:
You can no longer take warbikes or any vehicles other than trukks

Deathskulls:
Can take lootas as troops. Can no longer take boyz or grotz.

Snakebites:
Can no longer take vehicles or warbikes.

>forgeworld said it is making an Emperor of Mankind 30k model
>forgeworld said it is making 40k rules for all its 30k models

by the transitive property the emperor is returning to 40k QED

>hit orks with a shit ton of high damage melee
>ork takes 3 damage and rolls 2 1s
>2 more mortal wounds which also need to roll for fnp
>none of the orks pass the fnp

I honestly want this as a bonus effect for a weapon. Like some plague relic or some titan attack.

What makes you think they aren't. There's just more to be gained from trying to corrupt a warlord of an entire army than a lone bodyguard who's being watched over by his fellow bodyguards.

what kills vehicles?

>>forgeworld said it is making 40k rules for all its 30k models

Where did they say this?

Thoughts on this for a Tzeentch Daemon prince? Cause man I hate the default model.

now say thank you to khan and sangi for saving your ass at the siege

Primarchs are not Space Marines.

So the custodians aren't his children?

And I thought they were angels of death, which have no free will.

>not liking butt-capes

it makes a better khorne demon

my ribs punctured my lungs from laughter. Good list though, nice balanced bonuses.

Why haven't the tau made anything new for the kroot? surely their most loyal auxiliary deserve better than sticks and rocks

Space Marines are the Angels of Death, not the Custodians.

facebook?

the custodes stuff they make is getting 40k rules (soon™)

if or not the emperor would be considered custodies is not clear

Oh no, I liked the cape, I was more saying unfortunate for the user who clearly wanted to avoid the cape. It gives a nice surface to paint a non-gold (I am a massive fan of purple cloth on gold armour)

160 Cultist shots that hit on 3s and wound on 5s or 10D6 S5 auto hits that wound on 3s.

That said I'll likely be adding a demon prince to the list in some form or fashion depending on how the TSon book works out. It'll either be lots of birbs, a prince, and discs or a big regenerating plague bearer blob if I don't like the Tzaangors.

Cause of the skulls? They could be green stuffed over. Got any other suggestions then?

Because Kroot don't make GW money.

kroot shun a certain tech level because it brought ruin to their race once before

LVO seminar mentioned that the Tau codex is focusing on the Tau, leaving the rest for another codex

your cultists will not be stopping any tanks. you will be lucky if they survive round 1. I have played with cultist blobs against a few armies and they melt FAST. Tide of traitors isn't a cure all

>no free will
>free will

the codex makes the custodes sound like they have a lot more independence and agency than any other kind of imperial servant.

>Roll another 1 on that FnP roll for the mortal
>Eat another mortal
>Chain reaction of Orks dying to a bolter shot

please, for the memes

>Aquilons are on 50mm bases

Why

What other model is even on that size base

the balrog model with a head and weapon swap

crisis suits

>liking butt-capes

I want a sickly looking female model for my nurgle demon army. Either a demon prince, or herald of nurgle would be nice. Any ideas? I flipped through raging heroes already. Pic somewhat related

Why did you deploy them on the table instead of infiltrating them and guarenteeing a round of shooting, a 5++ FNP, and the ability to charge and wrap a unit so you can't get shot?

They’re intelligent, powerful and learned but ultimately they are bound to the Emperor’s will. Or, in 40k, what they believe to be the Emperor’s will. Whether through visions, deductions or whatever.

Also, keeping what’s left of him from harm forever.

Centurions.

Combination of direct influence from the chaos gods, and also being raised isolated on hella wack planets.

No big think so I dislike

This is what I plan to use for my TS.

>put superman baby child in pod and chaos shoot it to random planet to raise itself or be raised by freaked out strangers

yeah i would consider it a miracle they arent all batshit crazy psychopaths

why are IWs so bitter?
their primarch didn't die and they get all the cool chaos vehicles, unlike Night Lords

I gave them 5+++ and a no morale bubble + reroll everything from abbadon. still meh and any bland list can take half of them off the table in one phase. You can listen or learn the hard way. You will spend 1cp to have them in rapid fire range for enemy turn 1, then 2cp to respawn them somewhere fairly useless while your sorcerers scramble to find somewhere to hide (assuming you don't spend 2cp to keep them from all running) and of course you spend 1 cp for them to maybe get an extra wound on a tank which they won't be in rapid fire range of. It just doesn't work. Cultists are good for objectives and bubblewrap, not AT

Yeah so why do they have free will?

I don't like some of the modifications but nice scheme. Should have known someone else would have a similar idea.