Does Order even still exist in 40K?

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Order

It seems the new Horus Heresy books are implying that the Emperor gets his power from Chaos. If the Emperor is of Chaos, they've basically retconned Law/Order out of 40k. There isn't a balancing force to Chaos even in theory.

I mean, are the Eldar Gods no longer of Order too? Do they get their power from Chaos as well?

There was never Order in 40k. Law existed - though never directly in 40k - as one of the permutations of Chaos.
40k was more hippy, where Chaos represented the disharmony of the human spirit and how it polluted and corrupted nature. The Emperor was a wielder of the harmonious warp.

The Eldar Gods were always Chaos, they were warp spawned thought forms of a less primal nature than the Chaos Gods.

>There was never Order in 40k.
That's not correct. It was in:
>Codex Imperialis (2nd Edition)
>Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader (1st Edition)
>Codex Eldar - Craftworlds (7th Edition) (Digital Edition), "Ancient Lore"

No, there was no Order.
Some fanwiki saying so does not mean it's true.

Don't reply to him. I repeat, don't reply to the autism.
It will kill the thread and by relevant discussion like the thousands of times it's happened before.

Yeah, they have retconned order. It's a shame, really, blame ADB.
Why couldn't Mitchell and Abnett write all the lore ?

Here is the ancient lore section you mentioned. It doesn't talk about Order at all. Please don't believe fan wikis without doing your own research.
Order is not a force, the closest there is the duality of materium and immaterium.

Both of you are wrong.

The Materium, realspace, is what opposes the Warp. IT is "Law/Order," in that it is the opposite of the Immaterium. So, as long as realspace exists, there will be something to oppose the Warp.

But, it's not called "Order" or something, it's just the Real, the Materium. Necrons and C'tan are "champions" of the Materium because they live solely in it.

I still say it's bullshit if they make the Emperor get his power from the Gods of Chaos. If anything, he should be a God of the Materium.

Yeah. The Emperor as a character didn't benefit from his writing in the recent years.
Being in debt to the gods of Chaos not only for the primarchs but also for his own godlike powers really sucks. Him being an absolute dickhead to everyone in existence doesn't help.

>there is chaos but no order maaaaan
This is the kind of faggotry which I hope gets retconned the fuck out of 40k with the new direction they're going in.

Yeah, fine, I actually found those other books online as well and couldn't find one mention of Order.

Fucking fansite pranked me..... and made me waste an hour.....

But, I still hope the new Horus Heresy books don't have the Emperor getting his powers from the GODS of Chaos, even if he gets it from the Warp.

The fan wiki convinced me that the Emperor had won the fight against Drach'nyen, yet when I read the book it was obvious by the writing that it was a loss.
This is why everyone hates the new lore. Abaddon's sword is a demon stronger than the emperor.

It's definitely mentioned in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 1st Edition, though, in the personages of the Gods of Law.

40k isn't D&D you mongoloid, they didn't retcon anything, Order never fucking existed as a force in this setting. Go read the lore you newfaggot.

>Order never fucking existed as a force in this setting.
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Edition says otherwise.

Carnac posts in the thread a first time, people are used to him.
So he comes back, many times angrier

The new Horus Heresy books are implying that the Emperor sold his soul to Chaos to get more power. The new books have NOT stated outright he sold his soul to the Gods of Chaos (just that he went to some portal on Molech and come back with more power).

So, until they say otherwise, I'm just going to assume he spoke to some other Warp entities, like the Eldar gods or the Warp itself.
Or, maybe he just smacked down some Gods until they gave him power.

>warhammer fantasy
>same setting as 40k
>obscure 3rd party RPG book not produced by GW
>in any way canon

He nicked all the power of all of the gods humanity worshipped over the years

>Carnac in denial again

>If the Gods of Law ARE canon in Fantasy, then they would also exist in 40k as well.

They are: Alluminas, Arianka, and Solkan.

>Pic related

That description of Law is basically the same one Michael Moorcock uses in his books. Even if it is "nicer" than Chaos, if it wins, nothing would ever change again.

I wounder why Game Workshop hated the idea of "Gods of Law" so much as to never mention them again? What's so wrong with Moorcock's Chaos/Law dynamic? Because I can't find those Gods ever mentioned again in Warhammer. It's not like they don't have other non-Chaos gods... just not "gods of law."

What gives?