If you could make something for 40k

If you could insert a new unit into your favorite faction, what kind of unit would it Be? Don't worry about exact stats, just a few words or their role & fluff.

I'd like to see something like pic related, melee psyker with decent protection using psyker powers & armor, who can teleport. Give them lightning themes where they teleport with thunder & lightning.

Some type of monstrous servitor/robo beast for admech. I like monsters, I like robo monster even more. One of the main reasons I'm considering eventually getting a chaos army is for shit like heldrakes and mauler fiends

Superheavy Lord of War style Dark Eldar Talos/Chronos. Either a T12 Super mega meat monster that is made of fuck you and punch, or one with a massive spirit syphon

I would add a Covert Ops unit into Tempestus Scions think something like Splinter Cell agents.

im still sad storm troopers lost infiltration

A SOB melee unit that doesn't suck. Maybe bring back those 2e blessed staves (And staff is a rather uncommon weapon choice) that hit like power weapons purely due to being that holy.

>More operator call of duty shit in 40k

stop

Miriael Sabathiel should get a model and stats. Honestly, I would love to see fallen sisters or something but that's just a gigantic pipe dream at this rate.

I would also love to see a Void Dragon model for a fuckhuge space dragon with lots of lasers.

I like this

Too late for that now that reivers exist. I doubt they'll do new tempestus units, even if stormtrooper sappers/infiltrators would be real fucken neato.

Miriael seems semi-possible, but the question is what army would she be? I mean, it'd probably either be chaos space marines or possibly a sisters sub-faction dedicated to chaos.

Who cares about Space marines make the Tempestus Scions go full operator autism

Having more than one corrupted sister would probably go against fluff unless you want to introduce a chaos variant of them which I'd be totally down for.

That said as it stands, I would say that Miriael is probably better suited as a stand alone united that serves as some kind of support to a Slannesh army or a one-trick pony against Eldar units.

I'd reintroduce Pariahs, or at least some similar kind of anti-warp unit for Necrons. I always adored the idea behind Pariahs and their pseudo-skeletal appearance, and it'd be cool to have a dedicated anti-psyker unit of some kind.

Maybe skeleton up their aesthetic a bit more and make them vaguely mummy-like, to fit more with Newcron's "Tomb Kings in Space" idea. Or perhaps something more unsettling, a little more like skinned corpses than machines.

>That said as it stands, I would say that Miriael is probably better suited as a stand alone united that serves as some kind of support to a Slannesh army or a one-trick pony against Eldar units.

A theme I've liked that people have tossed out before it set her up as a dark joan of arc. Keep all the faith and the perfectly maintained armour and have her be such an image of (Dark) sainthood that even her enemies will die to obtain her favour. Lots of morale support and debuff (Bring back that old psychic power that has a unit make an assault phase against itself for example or have enemies that die near her bolster nearby cultist units.)

>operator autism
pls no

I just want more space cuirassiers.

Fuck off fag

She would be a CSM special character since she is the only fallen SoB.

>Necrons
Not a unit, per say, but a piece of war gear or a platform to put it on: an anti-psiker + anti-machine pulse. If war gear, Overlord or Cryptek only obviously. If on a platform, I'd love a medium sized walker: smaller than a Stalker, maybe Spyder sized, with Tesla attached.

Also as well

Primarus Squats

Sonic terminators for emperor's children CSM.
The opposite of the sonic dreadnoughts, they're oblitterator-style abominations who love pleasure. Concocted by fabius bile and some poor noise marines, they're able to weird a blast master and doom siren.

I mean, we'll probably get something like that when they update the emperor's children like they did to the death guard and thousand sons. I mean, they're only going to get updated after they do world eaters, but it'll happen eventually.

That's just imperial guard.

Miriael Sabathiel M6" WS2+ BS2+ S3 T3 W5 A4 LD10 SV3+

Miriael Sabathiel is a single model armed with Slannesh's Kiss, a bolt pistol, frag grenades and krak grenades.

Slannesh's Kiss: Melee S: User +2 AP-3 D1

Dark Saint: All friendly units that are within 6" of Miriael Sabathiel in the Morale phase can use her Leadership instead of their own

Tainted Rosarius: This model has a 4+ invulnerable save

Die For Me: Whenever Miriael Sabathiel would lose a wound and there is a friendly unit within 6" of her, roll a d6; On a 5+ she does not lose that wound and a friendly unit of your choice within 6" of her suffers a mortal wound.

Final Worship: Each time a model is slain by Miriael, it is driven by unholy ecstasy to make it's last moments a tribute to it's killer. Do not remove the slain model yet – after Miriael has finished making all her attacks, the slain model can make a shooting attack with one of its ranged weapons, or throw a grenade, even if the model’s unit is within 1" of the enemy. For the purpose of these attacks, it is considered to be part of your army and under your control. The slain model is then removed as a casualty as normal.

Miriael can attempt to manifest two psychic powers in each friendly Psychic phase, and attempt to deny one psychic power in each enemy Psychic phase. She knows the Smite psychic power and two psychic powers from the Dark Hereticus discipline (pg 161).

CHAOS, SLAANESH, HERETIC ASTARTES
CHARACTER, INFANTRY, CHAOS LORD, MIRIAEL SABATHIEL

Yeah, oddly enough: Chaos Cultists have the Heretic Astartes keyword so despite not being one she'd likely have it too. Set her up more or less as 'Sorcerer + Dark Apostle'.

>not 90s era Delta force
fucking pleb

Blank Space Marines

There should just be more Blanks period. Seriously, they could literally just be like Tyranids Shadow in the Warp

plastic kasrkin plz

A Sister of Battle Lord of War like a Baneblade/Stormlord would be nice. Since the changes to transports in 8e I can't put the SOB in my superheavy tanks any more.

Loyalist Space Marine chapter composed of of abhumans.

Blank Space Marines -> Blank Marines specifically trained to battle Chaos -> Blank Marines specifically trained to battle Grey Knights and Imperial Psykers -> Blank Marines serving the Ruinous Powers indirectly -> Alpha Legion

I think even better would be proper sniper & spotter teams. Think .50 etc that can shave wounds off hiding daemon princes etc.

I'd make more alien auxiliaries for T'au, flesh that shit out. I want my 40K Covenant equivalent god damn it

I'd like to see the Tau XV-46 Battlesuit finally modelled and statted.

So Stealth Suits with more weapon options and no Stealth rules?

Skitarii hq and more buff characters for AdMech. Buff electropriests, standard bearer type vanguard, jump tech priests...

Terrorgon
Slightly Bigger Trygon, works as Knight equivalent.

I suppose. Presumably geared for close-quarters action while simultaneously having repulsors.

They're technically the smallest battlesuit that isn't just armor, since the pilot is in a contained ejectable pod.

Teleportation is kinda tricky in 40k. Remember, you are literally transported through Hell, using hellish powers, wether through ritual or technology, or both, it's still dealing with the raw stuff of the Warp. A soldier who would regurally teleport would find his sanity eaten by daemons in no time.

What, like a Castellax or maybe a Thanatar?
Or the vorax or scylax if you want them small but horrifying.

Closest to that currently would be the Exorcist Chapter. Not blanks but no soul

Reintroduce "pure" Deathworld Veterans as a thing.

Catachan having bonuses to tanks and no camo options just doesn't sit well with me.

Pure?

I like it! Maybe one day we can get her when GW remembers she exists.

Drop pod oriented guardsmen.

I think IG had drop pods of some sort

We already have Elysian Drop Troops

They have not been expanded upon or mentioned in years

they have a full miniatures line, so it's not like they really need expanding upon

Those aren't drop troops in that sense. They don't drop from orbit in pods - they jump from valkyries, with grav chutes.

Back in 3rd/4th edition Catachans had their own codex. The name of the book was called "Codex:Catachans", but they were also called called "Deathworld Veterans"

Ah, I see. That would be cool, though hopefully after all the major factions get a codex (Before subfactions get tinkered with).

A unit that instantly kills anything on the table that has an invulnerable save, more than 10 wounds, and is a character.

Civilian minis, for more realistic urban combat

genestealer

I would in general like more rules and fluff on Tau auxiliaries. Ideally I would like to see a complete shift in army structure away from the Tau and towards mixed Tau/Auxiliary forces
>Tau make up the backbone with fire warriors, flyers, tanks, and battlesuits, although they don't have super heavies nor do they have riptides
>Gue'vesa use Imperial Guard equipment and tend to have heavier but slower vehicles and more versatile loadouts for infantry squads acting as useful static or slow moving fire support (units could be basic leman russ variants, basilisks, heavy weapon squad equivalents, and guard squad equivalents (may 10-20 dudes with a heavy weapon team per five guys))
>Kroot fill a more aggressive role than Gue'vesa or Tau being perfectly useable in CC as well as having krootox as heavy weapons platforms
>Vespids can act as mobile strike teams with greater damage per point than battlesuits but being built like glass cannons so they die very quickly

So the basic roles
>Tau are the mobile backbone being able to attack or defend effectively but lacking the heavy armour or massed heavy weapons of the Gue'vesa
>Gue'vesa act as the anvil to the Tau hammer, they hold the line while the Tau crush the enemy, or they hold ground after the Tau take a position so the bulk of the Tau can relocate for more mobile operations
>Kroot act as light infantry, scouts, and shock troopers. The latter could be armed with Tau and Imperial weapons in order to increase their firepower and CC capabilities
>Vespids are strike teams, after you pop a transports Vespids fly in, shoot them to death, and likely die horribly. Like Eldar fire dragons except against heavy infantry instead of tanks

Empire Flagellants + upgrade sprue with turban heads and AK-like stub-guns

More troop choices for Daemons as I absolutely love the model range but I'm having mixxed feeling about being forced to expand to other codices.

I would add Demiburg to the Tau auxilia and they would be rock/crystal golems with advanced mining gear who also have secret ties with their humanoid Squat cousins for Imperial or Dark Age tech and whatnot.

I want a mecha-chariot admech with a really powerful long Ranged attack.

Crazy ass admech dude in a kludged together podracer spewing smoke, with an artillery weapon that shoots real far

Also, 40k needs Landsknecht

I'd like crypteks to actually feel like crazy science guys, so something like that

They could like, supercharge a unit then that unit dies a set amount of actions later, and could use protocols but not get charged again

How would they be used on the tabletop?

A drop pod for chaos that otherwise functioned as a fucking drop prod

>Drop pod oriented guardsmen.
They are called Space Marines

Just use Elysians. No need for guardsmen to have drop pods, especially because any guardsman put into a drop pod would look like cherry jello put through a blender by the time the doors opened.

If the Elysians can do it out of gunships with anti-gravity parachutes, I guarantee that somewhere in the 40k universe a world that would one day supply Guardsmen was saved by Space Marines in drop pods and said "we gotta get some of those."

Female Space Marines.

It'd be almost impossible to really represent on the table top, but some sort SIGINT component would be interesting. Special guardsmen using something like a Wolfhound to track enemy movements, Eldar giving false comms to trick them, and Nids with organs designed to intercept RF signals.

Sisters of Battle with flaming lances on motorbikes.

Lances can either be used as a power lance in the Fighting Phase or as an inferno pistol in the Shooting Phase.

The concept for these troops was developed as a direct response to Eldar Skyrunners and traitor cavalry, and turned out to be a solid long-endurance alternative to Seraphim.

But mostly they're just cool.

I second this. I'd love to see some official support for the 40krpgs with civilian minis that could also be used in the wargame.

will soldiers never have traditional camo again now that the pixelated pattern is a thing?

you are the worst kind of person

More non humanoid alien mercenaries-support units.
Tau and dark eldar were literally made for this and they never truly delivered

I'd really love to see the Vile Savants on table top.

Magic unit, little direct combat ability to speak of, buffs the shit out of Nurgle units, creates zombies.

Add a sniper rifle unit to CSM.

Being a distraction carnifex. Basically they take incoming fire and are tanky enough to handle it.

Could work if you're using Epic scale or something.

Speaking of which, Anyone hear anything about... Titanicus, I think it was called?

-"Master at arms" sergeant upgrade for Guardian squads. Obviously it'd have a really annoying elf name. They run the drills. Normal sergeant type stuff rules-wise.
-More Eldar wargear in general. Plasma pistol/gun equivalents. Aspect-warriors get a second load out that still fits their theme while making list-building more flexible.
CC jet bikes aside from Shining Spears.

Fuck off, you degenerate.

Space Wolves that are vikings again and don't have everything named after an aspect of their fucking namesake

Guard choppa boyz.

I'd give chaos some sort of cyberdemon.

Chaos Chosen on bikes. I want to smash on the go!

Make them unaligned so anyone can take them, as proper mercs?

Here you go user

What if the Tau's infantry was the scariest part of the faction by a very, very large margin?

Yeah, I always liked the concept of Crypteks being scientists who wield technology so advanced it seems like magic to other races. It's a shame they've been downgraded to just buffing Reanimation Protocols.

It would be equal parts pitiable and hilarious.

40k has landsknecht, they're just blank women instead of bearded pseudo germans.

Honestly, more 2 handed melee weapons in general would be nice visually. So few units have it compared to 'Pistol + 1 handed weapon'. Like a 2 handed power sword that replaces your pistol but adds +1 strength or such.

Would make them kinda boring as a faction.

YES! 40K badly needs more civilian figures. I'd kill for a decent "Imperial citizens" box. They'd sell like crazy, but GW thinks it's a waste to release any figs that don't have an army list entry. Gotta churn through those 12-years-olds and their parents' pocketbooks.

Kill jester.

>Aspect-warriors get a second load out that still fits their theme
My nigga
I'd like a balanced, squad wide version of

Biting blades on Striking scorpions
Power Glaives on Dire Avengers
Dual Triskele on Howling Banshees
Power blades on Warp Spiders
Dragonbreath Flamers on Fire Dragons
Paragon blades on Shining Spears
Sunrifles on Swooping Hawks
Nothing else on Dark Reapers because they're already OP as it is.

Something like Predator. A race of space nomads who go around hunting the most dangerous of creatures in the galaxy, marines, orks, 'nids and chaos demons alike, just for the pure sport of it and getting bragging rights among clans for their biggest victories. Bonus points for an original look though, instead of just BEING pic related they could have a unique style to them that suits 40k's fluff

So what would they be like?

The best I can think is some sort of slow moving fire dragon equivalents. They are movement 5 or even 4 but they have modified mining weapons that are highly effective against multi-wound vehicles and creatures but not much else. I was thinking WS/BS 4+, str 9, AP -4, assault 1, 1d6 damage, 6" range guns that can also be used in CC.

Due to their slow speed and short range they need to be transported right next to their target or else anything they want to kill will just kite them. Limited numbers of attacks and shots prevents them from being useful against infantry.

>No need for guardsmen to have drop pods
No need for guardsmen to have grav-chutes, Valkyries or anything nice, then, because Astartes do everything much better anyway.

>any guardsman put into a drop pod would look like cherry jello put through a blender by the time the doors opened

When talking about the SPACE MARINE pods, yes.
But with drop pods just in general, no. If that had been true there'd been no life pods for imperials like the one in the Sector imperialis objectives kit.

More inquisitorial henchman and more variety in them.

Back in 7th, I wrote the following option for Orks: The Mekboy Speedsta. You can alter it for 8th accordingly:

-An Infantry Big Mek may be mounted in a Mekboy Speedsta for +65 points (so 100 points). The Mekboy Speedsta has the following rules:

Mekboy Speedsta: 65 points.
BS 3, Front Armor 13, Side Armor 12, Rear Armor 10, Hull Points 3.
Type: Fast, Chariot, Open-Topped.
Wargear: 2 Kannons. The Kannons are crewed by Grots, hence the improved Ballistic Skill.
Options: The Kannons may be swapped out for any other Big Gun at appropriate pointcost (based on Mek Gun costs).
The Speedsta may take any upgrades from the Ork Vehicle Armory except for an Armored Top.

Special Rule:
Mobile Mekshop: The Big Mek may use the hull of the Speedsta for purposes of measuring for any effects. For example, the Big Mek can repair a friendly vehicle in base-to-base with the Speedsta, may use a Promethium Fuel Relay while within 6", etc. The Speedsta may receive the benefit of any special issue wargear on the Big Mek in turn (so may use Ammo Runts, get +1 from a Gitfinda if stationary, etc).

The intent was to give Orks a kustom replacement for the Junka, that could be tooled up either as a cheap support vehicle, tooled up into an Orky MBT (since Chariots gave their passenger Relentless in 7th, a Shokk Attack Gun was an option), or combine with Mega Armor for a Command Barge knockoff (though inferior to that option due to not being a Skimmer, and the Mek being T4 instead of T5).