Where would you hide your evil lair if you were a villain?

Where would you hide your evil lair if you were a villain?

I'd choose a mountain-island like pic related somewhere out in the ocean.

A remote quiet island where I can be left to my lair of making a highly contagious air-water-human contact borne pathogen that has an incubation period of two years and then very quickly causes organ failure.

Otherwise, something designed similar to Cheyenne Mountain base. I don't know what's so special about the name, by Cheyenne just is so pleasant to say. Shy-an. It's the little things in life ya know?

Abandoned mine shaft reinforced and rebuilt to take my super evil operations.

Also pretty rocks.

is that a boring machine causing those cool circles

Inside and beneath the abandoned nuclear defense pyramid in the Dakotas.

Oil platform like MG, or on a fortress island

>not having your evil lair in the middle of some super-dense city accessed by some alleyway that nobody dares go into

That’s nice until you need groceries or new batteries for the remote

A Victorian mansion situated on the moon.

Inside that user's ass

I dunno actually, possibly? They seem too uniform to be rock formations.

The Library. No one will bother looking there.

The moon, so I won't ever be attacked by tanks and can equip my soldiers with flamethrowers. In space.

This nigga gets it. Pull an Umbrella Corporation and hide your base under a major population center. Your security should be able to keep random commoners out anyway, and now the goodly heroes can't nuke you from a distance.

>equip my soldiers with flamethrowers. In space.
Uh, user... we need to talk about oxygen.

Inside a giant crystal asteroid pulled into orbit.

>is that a boring machine causing those cool circles
just because they're not natural formations doesn't mean they're boring. i think the mechanical innovation required to drill straight through bedrock is impressive, imagine how long it took.
I know what you meant

>being this retarded
i bet you think guns wouldn't work in space either. hint:
>self-oxidizing fuel

a machine that can produce circles that cool isn't boring.

in mum's basement.

>needing the volume to store both fuel and an oxidizer
>as soon as the oxidizer runs out, everything stops burning anyway
You tactical genius you.

In the sky, but with radar-defeating chameleonic panel dealies so the outside world can't just look up and see my hovering dreadnought.

Presumably. After all, the cavity was excavated rather than forming naturally. The drilling machine would have cut straight through the colorful foliations of what appears to be some form of gneiss, hence the fancy patterns on the edges of the excavated sections

It's the spirals man.

Sorry, that lair is already occupied by marble-man and like a dozen phylacteries

it only has to burn long enough to compromise your EVA apparatus. never said it was practical but it'd work as intended just fine

Efficiency is everything and your plan is orders of magnitude more shitty than a cheap-ass air rifle.

A different dimension.

inside a shipwreck

NORAD, of course

You'd need a lot of tetanus shots.

you mean the heroes that try to stop me would need a lot of tetanus shots

Post-soviet industrial backwater city.
Ecology is fucked so i allready have coverup for my chemical and biological experiment.
Radiation level is high due some malfunction back in the 80s.
Government is corrupt so i can buy and sell every police\military comader.
I have enouph logistics to deliver food and goods to my minions, but not enouph so heroes can simply order ticket to my hideout online.

This guy gets it.

>not having a comfy little lair in a lighthouse

Not, it's fun machine.

A comfy house in the country side, I'm paying that nice old couple for their silence (and the occasional homemade meal) while I built a bunker under the house.

A middle class residence in Suburbia, America.
It's the last place anyone would look.

as a necromancer, maybe paris catacombs
or verdun

why not one of these things where they would sacrifice people

Not him but
>Dark, damp tunnels underneath a world city
>A cold, muddy battlefield littered with the decomposing corpses of millions
>A pyramid in a sunny land
It doesn't have the same edge factor, y'know? And we all know necromancers are posers first, death wizards second.

What possesses frogposters to ruin cool images with their shitty memeing?

I'd protest
but you got me there user

Depends on what powers I had. I'd make my lair in an environment that took most advantage out of them.
If I could control water, make it underwater somewhere. If I was some sort of druid, make it deep in a jungle. And so on. But placing it in a difficult to reach and inhospitable place is pretty much guaranteed, unless I wanted to be close to people for reasons.

also figured there would be better loot to super villain in europe then in mexico

In a cave somewhere in here. Incredibly maze like, hopefully would be heroes die of dehydration or falling rocks before getting to my house.

In a busy urban area. I'll fund some useful programs while I'm there, too. Become a real pillar of the community. Make sure that there's local people who'll be inclined to stand up in my defence, that'd report suspicious goings on, and present enough of a PR disaster to make people pause just a little before going for an all-out assault.

>also figured there would be better loot to super villain in europe then in mexico
Pre- or Post-Wall?

What?

>Where would you hide your evil lair if you were a villain?

As a few anons have suggested, I would hide in plain sight; i.e. a densely populated urban location which is active 24/7365.

Wouldn't an island fortress make you vulnerable to dragons moving in and stealing your turf?

I am now imaging a tetanus themed supervillain.

Not if you manage to seduce the dragon. Then it's just a bonus.

Mecca. Under the cube.

A city, preferably within whatever city I primarily conduct my business from so that I wouldn't have to commute.
Something inconspicuous but easily fortified such as a warehouse, or subway station.

Ah, good idea. Keep the different types of evil centered in the same place, very neat.

Undersea base obviously

found you!

>and now the goodly heroes can't nuke you from a distance.
Sorry user, todays heroes are all pragmatists and tears can be shed later while they rape your dog or something. Keep up with the times.

Hell considering how lionized rebels are today you just know its the heroes who got an evil lair.

I could swear I've seen that picture before, except it was a drawing. Or art. Or something. A cartoon, or an anime?

came here to post this.
>have multiple entrances, warehouse on the docks so receiving mass quantities of materials are not as easily noticed
>readily available stock of humans to possibly recruit/experiment on
>set up super evil dummy corporation with massive skyscraper in middle of downtown, penthouse being the apex of an ultimately fake dungeon
>when actually the dungeon entrance is a generic brownstone in a middle-class neighborhood
>it's a bar
>ominous sounding shell corporations in every major city, sometimes multiple ones in a single city
>it's the bar the party initially meets up at

A fucking bad ass space station of course.

user Sauron is literally right across the street. He will know your doing stuff on his turf.

Underneath an orphanage

A happy, well paid for orphanage right? Possibly even paid for out of your own pocket to keep investigators away.

>Trusting children to keep things secret
>Trusting orphanage people to keep evil deeds secret
Just you wait until little timmy snitches and the pragmatist mercenaries with nukes force rapes your dog.

In the depths of the ruined precursor-race city beneath the city I'm scheming to destroy. My agents would infiltrate up through cellars and sewers built by the ancients and into the inhabited city, making preparations for my eldritch ritual and silencing or misleading any who might interfere with my grand plans.

This is assuming and accepting some plucky band of adventurers -does- stumble across my machinations and follows the trail, leading them on a daring adventure deep into the bowels of the earth to try and stop myself and my inner circle of cultists, braving all manner of trap, hazard and creature I've bent to my will. I wouldn't even mind losing as long as I put on a good show.

dispersed amongst industrial estates and office buildings. also a private island in micronesia with the local govt bribed to ignore any stray slavegirls.

This was one of the few really cool things to find in Fallout 4, and the fact that enemies were just ghouls was underwhelming.

Yes, I am the long suffering & gentle hearted father figure of many of the orphans
Kids don't see shit. I said underneath the orphanage not inside it. Secret elevators in alleys, & such, though i would have access to the orphanage too, I might need hostages. Plus I can keep an eye out on any troubled youth that would make prime recruitment material. Also any heroes in the making are usually orphans. I can take steps & plans stop them/kill them/corrupt them, before they become a nuisance. If pragmatists plan to attack, all my evil shit is way the fuck underground & safe, & all I lost was some kids no one will miss. Then I spin the PR to make the attacks lifes' hell

If he wants to come over and borrow a cup of sugar he can send an uruk to do it. I wont zap his goblins and orcs if he doesnt fuck with my skeletons or garden.

they are the new furfags
or rather the old furfags with a new focus
or both

Privately owned central bank.

In my attic.

Too late for the catacombs, mate.
Already made my lair, with a proper skulls throne.
You are free to visit, thought.

>reverse image search
>no results

In the remains of the early internet and anonymous message boards. I'm a glitch bent on harassing and eventually destroying humanity. The only ones on to me are the neets who use these websites and have the endless free time needed to crack the conspiracy.

That wouldn't be funny if it's wasn't true.

Where is it?

Oh dear.

uh oh scoob

[Muffled Honhonhon]

The upcoming movie has me psyched! I don't care if it's bad. I want it soooooooooooooooo bad!

he just took a walk in some catacombs and played with bones. nothing to get a fear over

Paris catacomb, to be exact.
No really, it's a fun place.
Neckbeards would love the place.
It's like a giant basement. Forbidden to public.
Flooded, Partially collapsed, and full of cool stuff.
Perfect for a dwarf fortress, dungeon crawler, or Metro 2033 vibe.
You just have to not lose yourselves or get a bad random encounter, or you become part of the cool stuff.

>or get a bad random encounter

do tell

yeah, it sounds fucking fun

guys, we need to raid the fucking catacombs, have a game night there.

How exactly do you get in it it's closed to the public? I doubt there are just fucking holes in the ground.

> the fact that enemies were just ghouls was underwhelming.

Basically Fallout 3 and 4 summed up. So many cool locations with powerfully underwhelming content.

>Want to visit catacomb.
>Groups are for pussy, having a guide would spoil the fun of the adventure !
>Don't have map, don't care, those catacomb must be small enought...
>Go with 2 light fully charged and a battery for the smartphone, should be fine.
>Get lost.
>Get lost on small tunnel with roof forcing me to crouch.
>hit the roof pretty hard, headlight broken. head don't like it either. grap my second lamp.
>Get lost on knee deep water, ground is full of holes and slippery rounded stone
>Slip, fall, drop lamp.
>lamp fall in the water. search it, find it, it don't work anymore. I'm soaked and lost.
>finally use my smartphone as light, am slighly concerned about my survival.
>7 hours of FUN before I found the exit again.

Spoiler : In fact, those catacombs are pretty big.

That sir is an excellent choice.

Looks like some kind of boring machine that was cutting into some banded iron formation.

new jersey. nobody would ever think to look for a supervillian's lair there because its such a shithole.