Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Age of Soup Edition

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/30/legions-nagash-grand-host-nagash-new-summoninggw-homepage-post-2/

Previous Thread: Teaser Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ
Teaser Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=YYalTMkOGQU
Daughters of Khaine Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=hIR2Y3zWnEA

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/30/legions-nagash-grand-host-nagash-new-summoninggw-homepage-post-2/
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-demigryph-knights-en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the emperor!

I'm building some Realm of Death themed terrain. This is my first tree... I'm goingbto get the basing to be darker/more textured on the rest, now that I've actually got the first one in a state where I can see the big picture, y'know?

>Year of Death
>get soup

looks good user, once it's darkened up they'll look fitting.

I'm working on the test models for their respective units of stormcast. middle one's very wip, but you get the idea

Looks good user, darker base and maybe some skellies and graphics especially and it would look great.

Praise Joko

Hey, thanks. Many of the other trees have skulls on the bases, and a couple have some of the hanging skull bundles from the Ghorgon kit in the branches. Asbfor signage, the idea I have is to have the trees on these little bases, then have a bigger base with slots for 3-4 of them. I figured I could take a few of the bases and do gravestones/death themed statues to spookify each little copse of trees.

Also, I like 'em. I take it the idea is to show off a bit of the culture they came from before reforging?

Is it just one guy who posts “le epic soup meme” all the time and trying to force it down, thus making the general so shitty?

One on the right looks best.

The heads on the others don't work; it's just a blatantly different aesthetic while the hoods are fairly neutral.

yeah the decimators were an old empire greatsworder unit that was particularly awesome and died fighting the glotkin during the end times scouring of the empire. the protectors were from a proud, noble barbarian tribe, the judicators were dickhead dark riders, etc.

How many times does this have to be said?

Phil Kelly said on WHTV said the number of people/entities that survived from the world-that-was to the mortal realms can be counted on two hands.

I.e. only gods and very powerful individuals like mannfred etc survived.

Your dudes did not come from the old world; that's not an opinion, that's a fact. No one survived, and stormcast come from mortals from the mortal realms; even SCE from the anvils of the heldenhammer chamber don't come from the mortal realms, they come from long-dead souls found in shyish.

right, long dead souls what's the problem?

with the new summoning rules, would it be feasible to make an "elite" skeletons army by having a posse of heroes follow each unit of skeletons/graveguard around?

Also I couldn't help but notice that their post about the cafe just says "North America" without getting into any specifics. North America is a big place...

New summoning rules?
Please enlighten me on this senpai

not changing how summoning works, just how death armies interact with it

>Firstly, summoning for Death units has been fundamentally changed in the new battletome, regardless of how you build your army. Rather than being summoned through magical means, several Death units now possess the Summonable keyword. This keyword unlocks all sorts of synergies and combos with the rest of your army, the simplest being that most Death heroes now possess an ability called Deathly Invocation. This ability heals a number of Summonable units every turn or restores lost models to the unit.

well the picture is of just the US, so I think that's telling.

units have a SUMMONABLE keyword now, and apparently pop out of four gravesite markers on the table and still cost reinforcement points to set up so it's like old summoning only worse. although obviously we don't know everything yet but it seems like a nerf to an already underwhelming mechanic in an already underwhelming grand alliance.

Aww, I was hoping that I could finally use my contaigion points for something useful in matched play

even if it is just the US, that is still a geographically very big place.

The long dead are still not from the world-that-was

Expounding on this; its been thousands of years since the world-that-was. Given the sheer scale of AoS, even if it was possible that people survived (it's not), the idea that you would find such a soul in any form is super unlikely.

Maybe a macuffin from the old world kept around some souls to the mortal realms? I don’t know, it’s up to the user’s “Your Dudes”.

nah they can just represent free peoples and be old greatsworders from that army just as easily. Drawing each unit from a different culture for reforging was the theme much more than what they happened to do before they died, i just threw in some end times stuff cuz i listened to a lore YouTube about it and didn't watch that whtv that apparently talks about even the souls of the dead not persisting to the new world.

i'm pretty hyped for LoN but don't you guys think too that the allegiance abilities got out of hand

the legion of sacrament has three + gravesides
the grand host of nagash has at least two + gravesides

and on top the battalion rules
i'm already annoyed by it

Yes. He actually thinks that he is being hilarious.

Your dudes, dude. In his head he can do whatever he wants.

I think it works, since it really allows the older units of death to shine in different ways.
But I hope this doesn't mean that future armies will get as many allegiance abilities (it's not impossible considering how many Kharadron Overlords have).

Sure but i at least want to follow basic rules of the setting. You don't want people rolling their eyes when you're fielding blood warriors in full sigmarite armor "my dudes are respected by khorne and sigmar so its cool"

An undead warrior is quintessentially a paradoxical design
Whenever you choose to have the warrior you're creating to be undead, you choose the step away from the cloud of concepts that sorrounds wholeness, which inevitably contains an always relatively greater quantity of muscles, in looks and actions both as far as humanoids are concerned
By choosing the unead, then you are intentionally making your warrior weaker and the question follows on why making a warrior weak, where the purpose of a warrior requires it to be as strong as possible; the answers can sound multiple but they boil down to a sole denominator
After showing weakness you may then display what a "real" warrior of that kind, or of another, is capable; for this intent the closest natural concept (as in a concept that mantains its qualities without artificial interventions to mantain relative positions) to that same warrior, but stronger, is the same warrior but alive, but in explaining a scale of powers, after lesser comes normal and only after normal comes greater, so, starting from the assumption that the undead warrior created previously is not the norm of its kind, but always a weaker version of its human variant, it becomes apparent how counterintuitive it is to display the strength of a warrior above the norm by having it confront a weak one, rather than a normal one, unless the intention was to display how the norm is greater than the lesser, but when is that ever asked?
If the purpose of inherent weakness isn't to lose, then, it's left for it to draw or even win with the opposing embodiment of relative greater strenght, but unless we're talking about an unequal confrontation, where other factors influence the outcome, the one and only place where a lesser shows to be greater than a greater is in an absurd situation, something that exists only to break expectations through non sequitur, which stands from the dawn of time as one of the pillars of comedy
An undead warrior is quintesentialy a joke

Strength of the undead is in numbers and endless march forwards. Undead will never stop, never get tired, never die. You break apart a skeleton and the necromancer raises it again. Every time one of theirs kills one of yours they gain a soldier. You cannot hope to win against a foe like that. One way or another everyone serves in the army of the dead.

Say that to a vampire blending your face with a spoon

>not having the top slightly covered in black ashes

But zhufbar managed to have descendants cross, the slann are also all survivors, lots of chaos champions from those times and I doubt skavenblight was empty when teleported over

either the two hands in question are of tzeentch, or phil kelly is exaggerating to bring across the point that people should not expect stuff to be linked/related/originating from the old world

Wasn't there something in the very first book for aos telling there were other souls attached to the core of the old world that spread in azyrheim?

Many people survived the End Times and reached the mortal realms. A few of them survived the thousands of years that was the period of Age of Myth to the Age of Sigmar. What's left are their descendants.

It's a moot point; no ordinary people exist in present-day age of sigmar from the world that was.

Their grandkids do though.

okay great but that's really beside the point

Big Morathi tits right in my face

What tits?

*Big Morathi sports bra right in my face

I bet Morathi has really wrinkly elbows.

Fantasy player here. I'm thinking of just giving AoS a go but I'm not sure what malign portents is supposed to be. Is it a campaign or something?

It's a campaign.

oh that's not that interesting

What did you think it might be besides a campaign?

More or less, it seems to be a year long event focusing on the realm of death. Starting sometime In Feb we have the first 6week campaign. Best time to start so you can build up your army as you go through the campaign. Also 2 new start collecting give you more options on which armies to start.

I've never really gave a care for aos, hence why I asked.

"PEOPLE OF THE MORTAL REALMS, DO NOT INTERFERE, OUR INTENTIONS ARE PEACEFUL, WE ARE THE KHARADRON OVERLORDS!"

No. People that managed to survive were not randos. No random imperial helbardier survived the passing. People who had their gods' favor, or who themselves knew how to escape, did. So you know, slann, archaon and a bunch of other champions, some elves, maybe one or two human wizards. Some skaven, prolly, since Skavenblight seems to have been moved to Chaos realms altogether.

Anyone know the optimal composition of weapons on my 3 demigryph knights? Looks like the kit comes with 2 lances, 2 halberds, 1 sword. Stats are here: games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-demigryph-knights-en.pdf

Seems lance is better on the initial charge but weaker on prolonged fighting. I've never played the table-top before so not sure what situation i'd find myself in the most.

In general, you prolly want the helbards. Lances wound on 3+ during charge...and helbards do every time.So you get just damage boost, but with only 3 in unit, you are no putting out enough damage to destroy or break any significant enemy groups on just charge..

Yeah halberds; demigryphs are great at running at and holding objectives.

Also they look better.

I’m gonna start aos with a death army for the campaign, so I was gonna but two boxes of skeletons along with other stuff. I wanted to build one box with swords s and one with spears so that I could attack a unit with my swords and still get some hits in with the longer range of the spears. Is this a good idea? Should I build both boxes with swords or spears and buy boxes for the other weapon later?

Thanks, I'm gonna go with two halberds and a sword (looks cooler imo) and set one of the halberd wielders to the preceptor so he can attack twice.

You need to get at least one model out of charging unit within 0,5" of enemy, so you can't just use sword skelly unit as buffer for spears (well, not without some acrobatics in model placement). Better to build one 20-strong unit with one kind of weapon imo.

Doesn't matter what you model him with, the whole unit has to be armed the same. So you might

Anyone got a clue when DoK book drops?

I'm pretty sure you can have multiple different weapons in the one unit though?

Current rumour mill are saying either march or april.

Only if the scroll gives you such an option. The gryph says: Some units of Demigryph
Knights wield Lances and Swords, while
others are armed with Cavalry Halberds.

Some units, not models. So you have no weapon options within the unit once you decide what to arm them with.

How are Sylvaneth doing?

I am tempted to start a Sylvaneth army to crusade against death for the glory of the everqueen.

Yeah, I assume in one or two months, possible March's WD is about it

Very strong.

Have fun buying trees, mate.

So I am considering starting an AoS army with Lizardmen as I think they are cool minis and their lore is among my favourite (at least from WHFB), however I am a novice painter and I would not consider playing without painted models. Is it worth it to try them out? there are other factions that also catch my interest (Dispossessed and some sort of death). Would it be possible to have an elite army with any of those? low model count is also appealing to begin with.

>low model count
SCE

>February WD
>a fucking Custodes cover
>March WD is going to be DoK

Fuck being a Death fan.

Yes, consider thunderquake starhost. Painting seraphon is drybrush heaven

Godammit I literally cannot wait. I'm going to buying two of the cauldron/witch boxes and sit in them I guess.

Currently painting those. Painting bare butts puts me in such a good mood, I can't even.
Even if they're rather boney butts with not a lot of cushion.

Lizardmen are not very hard or time-consuming to paint. You'll be painting 3 or 4 shades of whatever your main colour is for flesh and tons of gold. The rest is easy details.
Their fluff is nice and the look great. I'd suggest you stick to them, great choice.

You deserved it

>said the fat smelly Order tard after eating his Kharadron hamburger and wanting another fucking daugther of khaine burger

Does anyone know what keywords the LoN allegiances are going to use? I was hoping I vould use FEC with some of them, to get that sweet sweet vampire magic.

>eating his Kharadron hamburger and wanting another fucking daugther of khaine burger
Nah, not a fan of soy, so these armies definetly not for me

Sit on* lol. I've tried painting dark eldar wyches skin and the results were very bad. I've got to figure something out.

Replace with:
Cocks of Nagash
Legions of Excrements (Arkhan)
Legions of Thot (Neferata)
Legions of Bald (Mannfred)

You all need to acknowledge the fact that sports bras are sexier than separate cups.

You know that it's true but you're pretending to find separate cups sexier purely in order to fuel the "GW is afraid of tits" narrative that supposedly legitimizes your petulant, impatient demands for a Slaanesh update.

Thanks for typing in the same manner. I know to stop reading your posts after the first sentence.

>You all need to acknowledge the fact that sports bras are sexier than separate cups.
No whe the whole body is ugly (like Dark Eldars transgenders) and covered.
Not to mention the fact that faces are horrible, even by GW standarts

then complain about the faces and not about the bras

separate cups don't look good with ugly faces either, you know

of course you do know that

Thanks, I started 40K tyranids april last year but I can't bear to not paint even standard troops in detail so hordes bog me down quite literally (although I still love my bugs). I will look at the thunderquake starhost as starting point although the Scar veteran on carnosaur looks awesome.

>separate cups don't look good with ugly faces either, you know
Of course, but separate cups at least shows boobs.

So don't buy them or convert them? Its obvious plenty people do like the aesthetic. Im sure their going to redesign, make new sculpts and molds cause some grognards dont like the models tits. Fuck off.

which is irrelevant, because

sports bra >>>>>>>> bare tits

>Its obvious plenty people do like the aesthetic.
Yeah speaking of them...

>cause some grognards dont like the models tits
not actually the case

everyone is keenly aware of the fact that sports bra are the sexiest option, BUT grognards pretend to prefer bare tits or separate cups because

>sports bra >>>>>>>> bare tits
>t.virgin

>to see her excitement
how do nu-women express their excitement?

I don't see them take selfies while screaming in soy joy, so how can he tell if she's excited?

>everyone is keenly aware of the fact that sports bra are the sexiest option,
>source: my numalish ass

Yeah, but does she fucking PLAY?

>I don't see them take selfies while screaming in soy joy, so how can he tell if she's excited?
I guess she straponed him after.

>mommy make milky brapps with big yummy cunny tits and booby footsies
okay, /v/

She is excited that some fictional models now look uglier than her.

I, for one, would not be cause dead using any sort of armor without my tits in a fucking sports bra, because fighting is active and bouncing tits HURTS.

>Yeah, but does she fucking PLAY?

>I need feminism ....
Okay /tumblr/
>AoS
>muh realism
Also, they suppose to enjoy pain

Do you guys know this feel for getting hyped for FUCKING NOTHING?