Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

y-year of the X-xenos!

>Dorn
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/forge-world-preview-rogal-dorn-revealed/

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

old

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40000.com/setting/explore-the-factions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

At 2500 points how stupid would it be to run this:

24 Dawneagle Jetbikes with 8 Salvo Launchers; then a Dawneagle Captain with a Salvo Launcher, Superior Creation, and Auric Aquilis.

I like jetbikes so I’m genuinely curious.

Big scourge booty right in my face.

The Custodes jetbikes are actually their best model. I can't tell you if you'll win games but it's your highest chance. I'm currently running 6 groups of 3 each and 2 captains at 2k points with 1 cap and 1 squad of 3 with Salvos. I'm also spending the cp to get the "on a 4+ shoot or fight before dieing" relic on my other captain just because that's insane in such an elite army.

Drukhari codex pls

are you
big morathi tits user?

>New codex drops
>Dark Lances are now 25 points each
>Missiles back to once a game per missle purchased
>Reavers now 25 points but bladevanes are 5 points rather than free meaning all vehicles also go up 5 points.

What colors should I go with for my Scions?

Get fucking hype for these upcoming factions getting a codex:

>Imperium
Adepta Sororitas
Sisters of Silence
Imperial Agents
Imperial Knights

>Xenos
Ynnari

Hurricane Bolters are much better.

Nth for Terranis holds!

That from a rumourengine or something or just your ass?

From the fucking GW website lmao

how about you just kill me right now

I wish I could say that imperials will never sell if they have nobody to fight against but the popularity of 30k proved me entirely wrong

>AoS monster girls introduced into 40k

>DEAR EMPEROR, I AM MELTING

You'd like that, wouldn't you? power from pain, brother

This is a case of an idiot base painting it with like 40 layers, so I said fuck it and just test painted on top. I'll strip it once I decide on a proper color scheme.

> Attack of the Acid Spiders

At least they bothered to give Slaanesh stratagems, relics and warlord traits in the Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch daemon codex.

Really hoping for an SoB codex soon, not likely but I must stay strong!

Is that loli a new slaanesh

Is it true that a Custard will reflexively kill anyone who comes within a spear length of them?

I just want to know how SW primaris will be different from codex ones, then I don't care about what gets released.

Reminder that Imperial Agents is the Imperium Soup Codex and Ynnari is the Aeldari Soup Codex.

What does the Great Horned Rat do in 40k?

>What does the Great Horned Rat do in 40k?
enjoys not existing

Skaven don't exist.

care to clarify, i just snooped at the gw and community site and didnt see anything. unless you are pulling my leg, then consider it pulled

See

>Belakor, a princed fantasy setting mortal, has a prescence in 40k
>The Big Horny Mouse, an actual chaos god does not

??????

warhammer40000.com/setting/explore-the-factions/

Succubus prison

Giant rat men? Bah! Don't be silly, they do not exist

Look at what gives the Horned Rat his powers and see how many are in 40k and than tell me why he would care about showing up.

>Implying the faction being named guarantees a codex...

>sisters still listed as a separate faction
Just fold them and the sisters of silence in to imperial agents already.

that seems kind of stretching, i mean, sisters of battle are on there, and same with sisters of silence. although could you imagine the tears if a sisters of silence codex and new models were released before a sisters of battle one?

>Ab-human species that is just baseline humans but with massively overdeveloped abs

Cheese?

>Custodes

no. abhumans are any humans that evolved due to the enviroment of a non earth planet. ratlings are abhumans and certainly dont have abs

Going by how chaos gods work, an emotion would give him his power.

Given his followers, it's probably spite.

Would it be possible to convert tyranids with lizardmen bits? I love them both but I am wary of starting a lizardmen army as I already have one of "natural forces go apeshit over everything else"

Skaven, the only reason he has any major power is that Skaven outnumber the amount of worshipers the other gods have, but see in 40k there are no Skaven meaning he would be weak and have no point in 40k.

This has always made no sense. Skaven can be seen in the world, have tons of stories, and one of your kings is LITERALLY known for killing them. How could anyone believe they don't exist?

Yes. I'm proposing an abhuman strain consisting of humans with more ab.

>Skaven can be seen in the world
Those are just weird beastmen don't be silly
>have tons of stories
Fairy tales are not facts.
>and one of your kings is LITERALLY known for killing them
He rid the kingdom of rats his name was just a clever way to show that.

i see what you mean, a primaris ogryn

Yeah, it’s an old meme.
In AoS they’re common knowledge, there’s even a story in the book where a perticularly pure hearted skaven is transformed in to a human by Sigmar and allowed to become a stormcast eternal.

Skaven don't make sense, everything bit of lore about them is author bias

Protip: They won't

>Sisters of Silence getting their models and codex before SoB

100% Guaranteed by GW

That's too stupid holy shit

The skaven created the horned rat simply through believing in it and considering how many of them exist their warp-footprint should easily be capable of that

Yeah, that's what I thought in 30k as well. So I'll wait and see before I buy or assemble any of the models. I wonder how they're gonna have apothecaries and chaplains, when SW have combined the two into one character.

You can already imagine the memes
>hey look anons it’s the sisters codex!
>you play sister of battle? Not silence? Never heard of them
>that some sort of homebrew marine chapter?

>Making interesting race into Soycast
why does Sigmar have to ruin everything

It's a shame he didn't stay Skaven but still become Stormcast.
The tiny golden armour would be adorable.

Nah, GW specifically said they're looking into SoS AFTER everything else is finished.

However, it would be hilarious. Especially the amount of idiots who would buy it thinking it's SoB.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Dark Lance nerf.
I'm finding them brutal to get my hands on (Can't find em in Australia), so currently my acourges are sitting half assembled.
I might have better luck with blasters or something.

>everything else is finished.
so never?

Stahp! I have enough conversion projects open already...
Goddammit! Now all I can think about is Warpcast Raternals...

If Czechfag is here I went with House Jánošík in the end, talked to [sort of] friend of mine who said he's basically like Robin hood, with an equally dubious history

>context is codex releases
>so never?

If the concept of context is that hard for you to understand, you may want to go back to primary school.

We anons are always watching...

Sounds good user, nice outcome.

Oh... Well, luckily I mainly use SoS in 30k, so no biggy. Until FW decides SoS and Custodes will be separate armies, that is. Then I have to decide if I'm gonna use SoS or Militia as allies, and I think SoS might pull the shorter straw on that one.

DON'T LET THEM INTO THE CITY, YOU FOOLS! CAN'T YOU SEE, HE'S NOT A SOTMCAST ETERNAL! IT'S JUST FIVE RATS IN A PIECE OF GOLD-SPRAYED TINFOIL!

oh you burned me so hard

It’s not that bad, just because it’s good that doesn’t mean it’s OP.
If anything they should just increase the price of ravagers and decrease the price of disintegrators.

>releasing codexes
>oh, a new edition
>better start the codex cycle from the beginning

Too late...

Rats are so cute in total war
>tell skaven army to go sail somewhere
>”I no-no like traveling on big puddle!”

Yeah, I'm just salty I can't get Dark Lances.
I went as far as to buy blue stuff, but need to order miliput from inter-state, as I can't find any where I am, and discovered green stuff is too soft.

yah, she told me about the story of Lech, Czech, and Rus so I thought I'd incorporate [read bastardise] that into their lore with each of the three major houses peeling off from each other over time during the colonisation and each taking their totem animal as a sign that they were in a good place to settle

THIN. YOUR. PAINTS.
White inset, Gold Trim, Black Cloth, Silver Eyes.
that's how I'm doing them.

TSons codex dropped yet?

Soycast destroying setting harder than Chaos bois.

On Saturday

Mortal wound on 4+ for everymodel within 2"

New to the game. Just got my IG Codex.

Is Opening Bombardment as strong as it sounds? 1d6 mortal wounds seems excessive.

>Only on a 4+

You're losing your edge old man, time to retire.

Evil Sunz
>vehicles don't roll for advance, auto add 6" to movement
>4+ ignore mortal wounds on embarked unit when vehicle is destroyed
>GLOBAL CHANGE: bikes cheaper, -1 to hit on advance
>GLOBAL CHANGE: trukks cheaper

Bad Moonz
>characters re-roll misses on ranged attacks
>ignore unit size restrictions when equipping special weapons (i.e. 10 boyz may take 3 big shootas)
>GLOBAL CHANGE: big shootas assault 4, heavy 6
>GLOBAL CHANGE: rokkitz D6 damage

Deffskullz
>roll of 6+ to hit on shooting generates another attack (exploding dice)
>meks repair 1 more wound than usual
>GLOBAL CHANGE: loota weapon options
>GLOBAL CHANGE: 1CP strat: destroy enemy VEHICLE in melee and does not explode, may fire vehicle's weapons at BS5+ before it is removed

Snakebitez
>6+++ on all infantry/bikes (stacks with painboy for 5+++)
>re-roll misses against MONSTERS
>GLOBAL CHANGE: new squiggoth unit

Goffz
>characters +1S
>charging infantry/bikes inflict MW per model in charging unit on 6+

Blood Axes
>may redeploy D3 units before start of game
>may assault after falling back

repostan as ded thred

New thread so posting again.
This ok for a starting force?

Best part is the flavortext on the 9th book of Nagash literally canonizes that Skaven had a direct hand in the original downfall of fucking Nagash. Here's hoping Creative Assembly do an End Times TWW where "THE BIG RAT AM WINNING-WINNING AGAIN"

And tao. And dark eldar. And necrons.

SCOURGE
PUS
PUS

Sounds awesome. Well done

>Tau, DE and Necrons never had codexes
Really makes you think...

>You may also encounter abilities and rules that modify a characteristic.
>All modifiers are cumulative, though you should apply any multiplication or division (...) before addition or subtraction.
I understand why for abilities but why the fuck would this apply to a Power Fist?
Power Fist is the attacks strength not the models strength right?

>Warpcast Raternals
just as planned...

It's D3 MW for every unit, not a wound for every model.

How the fuck
They're not even mutated humans, they're literally just giant rats
Thats so fucking dumb

Sorry.
Where does it say SoB are getting a codex?

Well, GW said everyone's getting their codices this year, and yes that includes SoBs you jokesters.
SoS however aren't on GWs list any time soon, they said they'll look into them once all the codices are out

It's one MW on a roll of a 6, not 1d6 MWs. You have a 1 in 6 chance to do a MW and roll against each enemy unit. It's pretty shit.

The fuck are you on about?

How does this look for a small list?

Patrol Detachment

HQ
Captain
Castellan Axe, Misiricordia, Superior Creation, Eagle’s Eye
128 pts

Troops
Guard x3
x3 Spears, x3 Misiricordia
168 points

Guard x3
x3 Spears, x3 Misiricordia
168 points

Elite
Wardens x3
x3 Castellan Axe, x3 Misiricordia
201 points

Fast Attack
Vertus Praetors x3
x3 Hurricane Bolters, x3 Misericordia
282 points

Total: 947 points

Trying to go for an all-rounder
Captain and his Axe Buddies can Teleport to the toughest thing, with the relic and WT giving him some extra protection from snipers, the Custodes score objectives and try to focus down TEQ’s if they can and the Jetbikes either mow down hordes with their Hurricane Bolters or charge into lighter vehicles

GW said at LVO that all the codices are coming this year, and when asked about SoB they always respond along the lines of "they'll get theirs dont worry". Oh and they had that CA entry
The book'll be Adepta Sororitas by the looks of it, instead of SoB though