How would you base a campaing on the Three Kingdoms?

How would you base a campaing on the Three Kingdoms?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Raian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In Space.
Each of the Three Kngdoms in a solar system of their own.
Using Stars Without Numbers.
giggle to myself because my plays know nothing about Chinese culture so I can steal from it relentlessly.

shit, wrong image

Depends what parts you're looking for I guess.

"Three brother-heroes wandering the land in search of justice and right" is pretty normal stuff. You just need to hammer out the setting for it to work with.

Adding politics isn't hard if you're willing to handy most narritively, you just need to work out much more of the political landscape of the setting as the GM and prepare some hooks for the PC's to get on you.

If you want full nation building type stuff, let me know as I haven't found anything that stood out to me in this area.

By not using over-memed setting.
Seriously, from all possible moments of Chinese history, people are fucking obsessed with one of the most boring ones.

Just started watching the show last night, what am I in for?

>BAOOOOOOOO

Also Guan Yu is some kind of Paladin I guess.

Cao Cao hijinks.

>History hipsters

chink memes
the worst kind of memes

Cao Cao laughing. Many times...

A fuckton of "just as planned" moments.

Take control of a mountain and expand from there?

THE THREE BROTHERS A SHIT

WE ALL KNOW WHO A BANDIT

WE ALL KNOW

Victories are won by being clever and creative, not because they are right, personal-strength, or valour. There are a few outstanding individuals, but their impact on the battlefield depends on the strategic minds behind them.

By setting it in high school.

I would like it more if it wasn't pretty much the 1 vs 2 kingdoms , but it's an okay era. What chinese era do you think is better?

The leaders, generals and head officials of every government are mixed up in interconnecting love triangles.

There are a number of problems with this on an RPG. First, it's real tricky to have a dungeon-crawl-style gauntlet of battles with no insta-healing, and 3K miraculous healing was on the order of a month of recovery time. Insta-recovery after a 30 minute rest pretty much pulls the teeth of the setting. Battle events would have to be isolated as single encounters with leadup, decision-making, preparations, and a drawn out conflict. Latent xenophobia makes non-human races impractical. I can't see how you can put Lu Bu on the same battlefield as fireballs and be taken seriously; magic has to be a ritual subterfuge or illusion. Combined arms weren't a thing back then beyond using the speed of cavalry, the idea that you have one guy specializing in the Chu-ko-nu and another in a dagger-axe is not just implausible but stupid as fuck. Take all those away and you could still have a game, but would it look anything what the players want? What makes your character different from the others? Nothing meaningful.

Pic related was a quest, it's the oldest one archived on suptg

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Raian

Liu Bei jobbing for the majority of the show till Zhuge Liang shows up

terrible terrible waifus

That war they had with England over fucking tea was pretty neat

Using Chinese culture to someone ignorant of it would make such a quality game.

remember when cao cao fucked up and killed a bunch of peasants?

that's pretty much how the book went anyway

better to betray the world...than to let it betray me!

That's pretty much what happens in the book.

>everybody loev Liu Bei, but Liu Bei is a retard and a loser until Zhuge Liang tells him to get his shit together

>reconsider what your doing
>set your campain during glorious Mongol conquest of China

Hail the Great Kahn!

Liu Bei would have been a good emperor had he not gone all psycho over his brothers death. But Cao Cao was the far superior leader and general. He was only defeated at ChiBi because everyone...and I mean everyone tagged teamed. But in the end, he still had the last laugh.

I once tried to run a game of World of Darkness with the three kingdoms being three different sects of vampries, and the Yellow Turbans were led by a mage who wanted to break the masquerade.

It went to shit because me and my friends sucked at table top at the time.

>He was only defeated at ChiBi because everyone...and I mean everyone tagged teamed. But in the end, he still had the last laugh.

The ultimate winners of the conflict were the Sima though.

Exactly. It wasn't Liu Bei or Sun Quan. It wasn't Zhuge Liang or Zhou Yu. It was Sima Yi. Cao Cao's vassal that destroyed both Wu and Shu-Han. While he couldn't take direct credit knowing Cao Cao's character would have taken the W anyway.

Triad or gangster setting if you want a more modern spin.