Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Are You Not Entertained Edition

Previous Thread: warhammer-community.com/2018/01/30/legions-nagash-grand-host-nagash-new-summoninggw-homepage-post-2/
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/legions-nagash-legion-sacrament/
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/legions-nagash-legion-blood-prince-vhordraigw-homepage-post-2/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?250907-Ogre-Maneaters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for the fucking soup book, GW.

We all fucking know you want to get to the DoK hype as soon as possible.

Big Morathi tits right in my face

based

Well, aside from paintjob I mean. There's still just gonna be swathes of naked flesh everywhere.

I keep finding things to nitpick about armies to not buy them. Lack of model customization, mono list issues, cost of models. Blah.

>based
round or square?

Round, duh.

what is this soup meme? like tomato, oxtail, chicken? i dont get it.

Reminder to ignore anyone that uses the phrase "death soup", "cuck", "soy boy", "numale", or some kind of reference to jews. He is just a butthurt slav

Said the death soup-enjoying, cuck soy boy numale-callin, jew reference fucker. Choke on your soup.

Or you could just ignore them rather than giving them attention again.

>take a pot
>fill it with water
>throw in a bunch of random shit
>stir it all together
>soup

Underage players who don't know that the death models on the website all used to be one army.

So, GW is pleading Vampire Cucks players to come back with their soup book? lmao

>Determined to start an army
>Enter the LGS
>They have no start collecting box I am looking for
>Will order one for me but it will arrive next week at best

>all used to be one army
You mean one army in a game that is fuckin dead because GW decided to make a new one? Yeah, it's a great fuckin idea to copy-paste a huge part of old, unprofitable system into new one to please some old shits not even willing to buy new models

Just order from GW and buy a whole bunch of extra stuff you want.

I'm the only one crazy hyped about the SoK release?

I can't wait to start painting all those snakes with original and awesome desings, I feel like they are going to be the AOS Harlequins for what crazy colour schemes means

Greenskinz is the best box you can get. Godspeed, user.

...Sons of Khaine?

I want Nagash's bony tits in my face

Gonna use them to convert DE in 40k

I prefer to keep my 20% discount. Also I'm trying to support my LGS
You will not trick me you little shit - I'm playing this game since day 0 but I'm just starting a new army

Are Tomb Kings back yet?

Hmm

Coul look pretty cool

I'll also convert this guy to AoS, and maybe even buy a Lelith hesperax and use her for wathever

Its just a box with 20 of this guy

>20% discount.
Lucky bastard.

Wait, that's something extraordinary? In my country most stores have 20% discount on GW shit or noone would buy them

Big Morathi booty right in my face

Back when I was brooding over Fyreslayers or not, someone said this to me.

"There's some magic to fielding an army of awesome naked dwarfs that almost no one else will be fielding. You are an onslaught of magma that melts your opposition.

Plus the whole army wide rune system is actually really cool and it really lets you change up on the fly to do what needs to be done that turn. The army choices are limited but its made up by the fact you can change buffs every turn. Also fire dinos and you throw razor sharp shields like captain america.

If you're looking for variety Fyreslayers are not for you. They are a hammer that smashes their oppoents, an axe that cleaves into their lines and wont back down, and an anvil that just won't die.

Thats my 2 cents."

It's funny because, if you do wanna play Greenskinz, their SC really is stupid amounts of value. Two of them will get you close to 1000pts.

I really love Fireslayers design anc concept but man, the base infantry box has the WORSE sculpt GW has ever made.
Any idea how can i save em or where i can find any alternative model?

There are many online and retail stores that do 20% off all GW stuff.
What country are you in??

You would think Nagash's boners would have a much bigger release since they squeezed in between the DoK.

Netherlands. Never heard of a GW discount.

a lot of store in my country sell up to 25% discounts. Thats because the more they sell the less they pay for GW product(if you don't sell a LOT profit from GW products is very, very low).

>hammer
Hammers are exactly what they're lacking. Come on, GW. Snorri used a hammer. Why can't the slayer faction have any?

>On the art the runes look like they go on the skin.
>On the models they look like ingots bolted into the skin
Whywhywhywhywhy.
I think they would be a thousand times better if they had pants. Not sure where you'd find suitable parts for that though.

>vulkite bad sculpts
What's wrong with it? I think they look fab.

>cant buy from retailers outside my country has because we have the most retarded toll law in the world.
>cant buy stuff over £32 or I have to pay 25% in extra taxes and £8 in extra postal expenses
>none of the retailers here have any discounts

most boxes on amazon are ~20% off, though the selection can be hit or miss

Know what'd look better than pants on them?

Chainmail kilts.

Way better then Skeletons or DoK. Or Stormcasts Mixed Death far far better then fucking just a single faction with 6 units.

Vampire Counts forever.

Thats not even an issue for me. i like the idea of an horde of screaming, naked dwarves.
The big problem is the sculps themselves.
i mean, look at this.
The "captain" is literally mirrored
All the posed are one hand up and one down, at 90°. all of them. no pose looks dynamic, or epic. All heads look the FUCKING SAME.
Its really, really, really bad. They literally made one model and then copy-pasted it with slight differences. its The worse model GW has ever made. It gives no sense of movement, or dread, or strenght.
They just look stupid and boring.

then look at the Autic runemaster.
The fiery pose, the recognizable face, his look has the same feautres of the others but trasudes charisma. becaus eits a well made sculpt.

beastclaw start collecting is crazy value for points as well, but "I made a bad army on the cheap" doesn't have the greatest ring to it.

I mean, most of the sculps are literally mirrored copypaste.
Its AWFUL. even the musician is a regular guy with the same arm as the others with simply the axe replace by the horn.
Its awful.

Basically yeah, their aesthetic is over the top awesome. Except they need pants.
Well they have war-picks, that's pretty cool.
Yes. Pants are needed.

Also yeah, I don't like how they did the runes, and how they're supposed to be gold. When gold doesn't mix well with skin tones at all. I'd likely do mine a blue-silver so they stand out against ruddy skin.
He's probably talking about captain assymetric, here.

I dunno guys. Every time I look at Fyreslayers I'm like 'shit these guys look fuckin cool' but fuck
>semi-horde gameplay
>your main source of mortals is a giant suicide lizard
>all of your dudes are fucking naked
>your shit is like $10-$20 dollars more expensive than anyone else's shit

Should I just bite the bullet?

Which Maneater is best?

the double mohawk guy in front is a well-known example of how lazy this kit is, but I honestly had never looked closely at the rest of the dudes. It really is a total hack job design-wise

do what you must, user. legions of naked firedwarves are sweet, and magmadroths are their cavalry. they look samey because they're a horde army with 3 kits.
Take even a one-step simplification and many armies "rook da same", at least their rules are fun, their monsters look great and are worth using, mohawks are cool, and you can be a hipster faggot since almost no one plays them.

Well personally I'm considering stealing some dispossessed heads/helmets and having some differently haired slayers or whatever. Just to change it up a bit. Have each squad their own flavor of mercenary. Maybe put some cloaks on some dudes.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that the Hearthguard/Auric heads are identical. That's fucking lazy.

There's gotta be a way to make these guys look good.

>uncultured swine want pants
>fucking pants
>pants
You guys wouldn't know good taste if it hit you in the face.

it's one of the more expensive armies, sure, but you aren't buying 2 or 3 $88 wyldwoods either.

Just look at that photo.
Every time I look at it, I see something new that is wrong and unexcusable.
The whole kit has 2 poses which are taken and mirrored.
then you look at the captain face, which is mirrored, and his eyes make you want to puke on whoever mad ethat abomination thinking it was okay.
then you look at every other slayer face, and they look either bored or devoid of any will to do anything.
they are not angry, fightful, scared. They are nothing.
I really want to play slayersm, but the sheer quantity of work needed to made them look almost decent just scares me.
And i wouldnt know where to begin to change their faces.
I think Ill just get one box and made a skirmish army, and thats it.
having only a handful of models will allow me to give them enough work and attention without going mad.
>Yes. Pants are needed.
no, they're not.

The ninja, obviously. Just imagine that fatty rolling around the battlefield doing fucking karate on everyone.

I've always liked 5 and 7

4 is pretty brutal too

I saw on a webpage pretty sick conversions for Maneaters, including even a Fanatic one, I'll look for it

I think the Old Slayers looked better.

Reminder that pants were considered as the most barbaric piece of clothing until the romans needed to go further north and wade through dense forests.

>there must be more to slaying than this

Well, guys. I think I'll just go ahead and say it.
If you dislike the dudes you'll be playing 60-90 of that should probably be a dealbreaker for the faction.

Strike it off the list and on to the next one!

What size magnets would be best for magnetizing beastclaw riders?

I don't wanna go overboard and magnetize every little bit, but I wanna try the riders and the saddle.

Any ideas?

If FS were this style of slayer with their armor on they'd be fucking 10/10. If they weren't tripping over rocks like this guy that is.

Always loved that model, yeah

And here it is, is really long but pretty worth, some of them are actually crazy good
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?250907-Ogre-Maneaters

Pic related as an example of Dispossessed, old Kislev, Flamethrower and Skaven ones

Wearing armor is the worst thing a slayer can do, it makes it less likely they will die.

Fyreslayers 1k - Theory List with Prices
Allegiance: Fyreslayers
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Fury of the Fyreslayers
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth (200)
- Forge Key
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (200)
- Poleaxes
10 x Auric Hearthguard (200)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 63

Start Collecting 2x - $150
Hearthguard x4 - $140
Runesmiter #2 - $12

Surely other 1000pt armies don't cost $300 bucks just to fucking start.

Nope.

GW gives the retailer an MSRP (same price as on GW site)
There is also the MAP which is the lowest price they are ALLOWED to sell it for. If your LGS is selling at full MSRP its because they are choosing to and there is probably no compeition in the area

For example there is a GW in Vaughan canada. Literally 3 blocks over there is a LGS which sells GW stuff at 20% off

Can you buy used and have it shipped?

8 is my favorite, 1 and 3 are ok too. The comedy vibes of the rest are way too lame for me

These are fucking fantastic. Especially love the guy just carrying a salamander he found in the jungle. Fucking kek.
I know, but Fyre Slayers don't want to die though.

Reminder that blood warriors with some extra bits make great Chaos Warriors if don't like the current sculpts.

That makes sense. No competition around here afaik.

They want to feel closer to Grimnir(Gotrek)
NO ARMOR

My 1000pt Bonesplitterz army cost £99 ($141). And that's with GW prices, so you can knock 20% off that easily.

Savage Big Boss - 120

Savage Orcs x20 - 240
Savage Arrowboyz x20 - 240
Savage Boarboyz x10 - 240

Brutal Rukk - 140

Savage Big Boss - £9
Savage Boyz x2 - £60
Savage Boar Boyz - £30

This can also build the only real competitive army the Bonesplitterz have, the arrowboyz spam Kunnin Rukk.

No armor? but... then the kiddos wont buy it

Some of them seem to think gut-guards, pauldrons and cloaks are ok though?
N-no?

THose are freaking awesome user!

other horde armies?
just put a 1k pestilens into the cart and it's $306
1k khorne demons is $305.50

They aren't mine but yeah they are cool.
Stormcast should have had these proportions instead of the stupid blocky shit we got

Harry the hammer fits right in and it looks great. Blends the old and new.

That's aelven fake news!

sylvaneth 350 after one wyldwood
DoK is also crazy (though that's changing).

you've chosen an expensive army no doubt, but it's one of many.

Pirate, Paymaster or Hangman.

And of those three, I'd say Paymaster, because he's got a slightly better sculpt.

It's the pants.

Striped Pants are the thing that puts Slayers over the top.

Obviously 6

I love all of these, but I just wish the salamander guy had a lizardman headdress or something.

Well this is my Tzeentch 1k army and it's around $210 or so. And Daemons are considered a horde army, too, I think? And, I could even make a cheaper army if I used everything in the Start Collecting box.

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Soul Burn
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
- Artefact: Aura of Mutability
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
3 x Flamers Of Tzeentch (180)
3 x Screamers Of Tzeentch (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 88

Start Collecting - $75
2x Blues/Brimstones - $60
Pink Horrors - $30
Ogroid - $30

I dunno, the more I look at the head specifically, the more i'm annoyed with the sculpts.I mean, the only other dwarf option is Kharadron, and they just don't seem very fun to build, paint, or play.

I'm kinda annoyed that I haven't been able to settle on an army as easy as some other folks. I probably won't even be able to participate in the campaign.

It's because the hearthguard have boxes of fucking 5, yet are 1 wound models.

And Vulkites are boxes of ten for the same price as shit like Liberators and again are fucking 1 wound models.

Soon

What is your favorite army to play AGAINST? Why is it fun?

Vulkites need to be sold in boxes of 20.

And Hearthguard seriously should be a Minimum of 10.

Well if there's one thing this thread convinced me of it's that I don't have to feel bad about ditching fyreslayers for DoK at all.

It's sad, in trying to convince myself I should start Fyreslayers, I completely showed that really no one should play Fyreslayers.

So what armies are you looking at now that Fyreslayers appear to be off the list?

Play with you like.

at least they have support, a SC box, and even a Shadespire team

I haven't played a whole lot of games, but I play a few against a guy at my FLGS who does Slaves to Darkness and it's pretty fun. He changes up his chaos marks and stuff and allies in different units so there's good variety, plus we have a rivalry between our armies now.

their biggest flaw ihmo lies in the fact that they're now basically an horde army, while ihmo an elite-ish army would have been more fitting.
The problem lies in the warscrolls beign shitty so they had to lower their cost again and again.

Slayers would benefit incommensurabily from a total warcsroll revamp, which will nevel happen because it would invalidate most current slayers lists.

Honestly I think they should be all 2 wound.

Maybe bump up their price points wise, but Hearthguard are useless because they are 5 for 100 points yet can barely fight chaos warriors 1 on 1.

I completely agree. The size of the units in their boxes completely shows them to be elites. I have no idea what they were thinking. Plus, magmadroths are only 12 wounds, too. Which is ultra shit.

Fyreslayers suffer from "Early AoS syndrome"

It's obvious they were made right at the start of the AoS design process before the legs of the game developed.

So Fyreslayers have this weird point where they have all the "Softness" of the early AoS with none of the hard hitting edges of the later AoS releases.

I mean Grimwrath Berzerkers are "Supposed" to be monster warriors, but they're so meh.

>Honestly I think they should be all 2 wound.
and that would basically fix em.
it would make possible to start the army too.
As it is now slayers are too hard to start due to the sheer quantity of models to buy and paint.
Their price and box, suggested are clearly meant to make em elites.
I would love to houserule this but atm I have no game club I play often so no sane stranger would allow it.