reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/7nkd24/etherdelta_sold/

reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/7nkiba/all_my_tokens_are_stolen/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/7nkiba/all_my_tokens_are_stolen/
etherscan.io/address/0x89e1b6784ef432f0f45dc4299cbf08342cd149b8#tokentxns
app.bancor.network/discover
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is ED getting hacked again?

what i have alot of coin in my ED wallet. wut do?

the first link explains how to get the tokens out without going to ED, GL, user

get your coins the fuck out

I did this a few days ago. I'm not dealing with this shit. Rumor has it the owners of EtherDelta had to hand over ownership to some real sketchy characters and now people are having their wallets drained

GTFO OF THIS SHIT NOW AND MAKE A NEW WALLET THEY HAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS

why the fuck would you keep your tokens in a site that is known to have security problems?? It literally costs less than a dollar to withdraw.

Hey. One thing I can tell you is to absolutely under no circumstances ever give up! You can definitely come back from this.

grabs you

Listen. Remember. This is still the beginning of the crypto boom. There's a lot of coins you could invest in now that'll make you lots of money by the end of the year. Remember December 2016? Seems like a joke now right? Just imagine how we'll be looking back at December 2017 after the end of this year. Gotta keep pushing. Keep at it and never stop. I've lost thousands in BTC by doing noob mistakes. In total at least 2 BTC worth. But I'm up considerably from my losses. Why? Cuz I stand up, look life in the face, and DARE it to try and keep me down! Life will do whatever it takes to try and beat you down into the ground. It'll keep yelling "QUIT!...QUIT!!"

Never quit. You can do this. You CAN and WILL come back from this! Keep your head up and stay strong brother.

GO BACK

I use MetaMask.
I have to authorize the transactions and they don't have my private keys.

Why would you use a technology you don't understand. ED isn't hacked the way a centralized site is hacked. If you have your private key you are fine and you can extract the tokens from the ED smart contract via MEW if needed. The "hacker" didn't break ethereum he just did a DNS attack. You're only in danger if you ignored https warnings and sent tokens to the fake contract address or if you got your key stolen. If you weren't a brainlet you would be running a local instance of ED on localhost with the built-in php server and using metamask as anothet layer of protection.

Are the wallets I used with ED also compromised?

OH THANK FUCK I MOVED MY MODEST KIN BUY TO MEW

>If you weren't a brainlet you would be running a local instance of ED on localhost with the built-in php server and using metamask as anothet layer of protection.
What the fucked does that mean not everyone is a wizard here.

You sure we are safe with MM?

Thank you. I understand now... still tempting to buy elsewhere... but i have only 10k to invest, i'd rather not squander it...

>reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/7nkiba/all_my_tokens_are_stolen/
That guy really did lose $450k in tokens. Crazy. EtherDelta is still compromised.

poor guy. but if he made that once, he can make it again. ofc if he didn't off himself already.

im glad i moved out all my shit from ED to MM this morning, just in time before it went full sketch

He deserved it for leaving it on a pajeet dex

Glad this shit happened, i brought it up days ago and you all fucking ignored me.

Some guy did the reaearch and made a video pretty much confirming that the dns attack was actually comming from one of the server hosters. The perfect crime. It meant he could do it again

You all fucking ignored me. That youtube video has 800 views. If you got scammed you fucking deserve it.

Can anyone confirm whether you're still safe when you've only used Metamask with ED?

I would only access this from a clean booted live system and with unplugged perma storage.

I heard ED is decentralized so..
1: Download ED project. Probably on github
2: Install whatever dependencies you need and update configs
3: run that bitch, fail, figure it out, run it again, rinse repeat
4: ???
5: profit

Just move your funds to MEW. It's what I did and my tokens are perfectly safe.

If you have got the actual ED site to forget your account, will there be any issues?

I'm scared of touching the ED site atm. I only have like 1500 USD out of a 250K portfolio still in there

So basically if your tokens are on MEW, and you delete your account on ED, everything is fine?

Hey. One thing I can tell you is to absolutely under no circumstancesever give up!You can definitely come back from this.

grabs you

Listen. Remember. This is still the beginning of the crypto boom. There's alotof coins you could invest in now that'll make you lots of money by the end of the year. Remember December 2016? Seems like a joke now right? Just imagine how we'll be looking back at December 2017 after the end of this year. Gotta keep pushing. Keep at it and never stop. I've lost thousands in BTC by doing noob mistakes. In total atleast2 BTC worth. But I'm up considerably from my losses. Why? Cuz I stand up, look life in the face, and DARE it to try and keep me down! Life will do whatever it takes to try and beat you down into the ground. It'll keep yelling "QUIT!...QUIT!!"

Never quit. You can do this. You CAN and WILL come back from this! Keep your head up and stay strong brother.

had to be an element change.. no way ANYONE is that stupid.

i literally put 3k into ED 30 mins ago, am i fucked?

This EtherDelta shit is music to my ears. Can't wait for it to go down

why?

Lol this fucking post.

When will these shittokens resync?

Yea I manually calculated the tokens worth because I couldn't believe it, and it matches $450k. He posted on reddit around the same time as the event, so it's probably him.
The guy got cleaned out.

etherscan.io/address/0x89e1b6784ef432f0f45dc4299cbf08342cd149b8#tokentxns

Why do I need to deposit TWICE on etherdelta?
First time I transferred some eth from binance to etherdelta. It shows up as "etherwallet" then I had to deposit it AGAIN to etherdeltas wallet.

everything costs fucking money doing there. It looks shady as fuck I thought it would be free of everything at least. What the fuck is this garbage? It takes years to get something trhru

I basically boguht coins there before they get on other exchanges and moon. So Im going to sell there instead.
I got Metamask. How do I withdraw now? Can I place all my coins on metamask?

Got PRL, CRED, WISH, SophiaTX,

I never had any other coins except eth on metamask. How does that work?

I assume this does not apply to someone who connected to the site using Metamask or Ledger Nano?

Daily reminder to not leave coins and tokens sit in (shitty) exchanges and fucking make a new MEW wallet or something that you HAVE NOT imported into ED. Then transfer everything there. Use common sense. It's not that common it seems.

I think you have to add the address to the smart contract of the token in question. You can find them on etherscan by searching google. Typically they are 18 decimal.

Ledger Nano are completely safe, you even even use them on infected computers and you'd be fine.

Idk about MM, I moved my tokens to another address just to be safe

I literally almost had a heart attack.
All my prl were gone and wanted to kys myself. Seems like i was browsing plr instead.

I literally have no idea. I dont even know what metamask is or how it works.
I dont want to fuck it up and lose my coins. And also fucking hate transactions because of fees

Only people who entered their private key into the site are fucked. i dont know why anyone would do that in the first place.

What do you mean entered private key

I log into metamask, go to Ed, buy/sell and withdraw to MEW

I don't enter shit

Last time I check my MEW about 10 hours ago everything was there

No, get a new wallet and private key immediately

Most people who use Ed haven't even heard of Metamask. They see the login option and they import a wallet or just create a new one on ED. In fact I don't use Metacrap either but I always transferred tokens away from ED.

If you gave your private key to ED move your shit to a different address

>make a new MEW wallet or something that you HAVE NOT imported into ED
Definitely. The problem is ED stores your key in your browser's cache, which any malicious script can access. If you never clear your cache, your key is always available for any script to steal. Never reuse wallet's with EtherDelta, unless it's a hardware wallet. Looking through this guy's txid history, he used the same address everywhere.

So you're saying that if I don't use MM and just use the wallet they generate I'd be fucked

>Leaving your cryptos on an open exchange
>Ever

I'll still use it and I won't lose a thing.

herro i put plivate keis from redgel into ethelderta now all coin gone! i het my stuipd countlymens they ruin evelything!!! bat amelicans not better! greedy like us sliteyes

Is deleting really necessary ?

Die in a fucking hole pleb.
Most likely but again, I don't use MM.

Fucking hell I was doing vechain arbitrage and after 2 successful attempts I went all in, tried buying from ED but kept saying insufficient balance. Couldn't be right so I checked etherscan and there are two transactions moving all my tokens out and another moving my eth out which I did not authorize. After that is just a fucking spaghetti of transfers which I could be arsed to click through... This really fucking sucks. Was only 40k, but basically all my crypto except 500 dollars in random coins... Started with 2k early September and feels like I just threw away 4 months

Jesus didn't saw this coming. I am not blaming anyone but myself for not being smarter about this but used ed for months to make a killing and now this happens

Oh well guess wagecucking means something again

I'm sorry for your loss
You didn't use MM?

i lost a samll amount, i was trying to buy some RCN tokens to test their service, now wallet seems to be empty.

only alternatives I know of now are IDEX and Radar Relay, but they don't having fucking liquidity

fucking hell, i hope those pajeets get burned alive

Damn user, for what it's worth your post made me run to Etherdelta and I saved my coins. Can't buy shit with thanks, but hey. Thanks.

No never got into it, just always imported my wallet there. Well dumb fucking learning money. Glad it never really felt real all of this crypto because it were just numbers, I have never had 40k for all I know of

So.. wait is this still that DNS from a while back or is this a new hack.. or is ED being taken over by someone? Either way I'm getting everything out of it now and send it to some other MEW wallet.

But what exactly is going on atm?

Yeah you are welcome man. Guess this the wild west nature of this whole crypto thing. Easy double your money everywhere you go but one bad move and all of it is gone. Sad to see etherdelta lose its value now, it was a great way to do arbitrage. You could literally just post sell/buy orders 10% below and above the exchanges. Never really understood who was selling/buying but it doesn't really matter does it. It sucks my money is gone but in hindsight I didn't really have it, just as tokens which resemble worth

Maybe after some sleep it will hit me because right now I am okay, hope you guys get out safe

so if I was logging in with MM and never imported anything, am I safe?

EtherDelta doesn't hold any funds, their smart wallet does. You transferred ETH from Binance to a (presumably) new ETH wallet you made using EtherDelta (wallets aren't hosted anywhere). Then you had to deposit the ETH to EtherDelta's smart contract, because you can't make a binding agreement to trade without the funds being on the blockchain; there would be no guaranteed the funds would still exist when somebody attempts to complete your order.

You can withdraw your tokens from ED's smart contract to your own wallet without a problem.

By the way, you don't hold ETH in MetaMask or MEW or whatever fucking else, you hold ETH in ETH wallets that belong on the blockchain. All of those examples just make interacting with the blockchain easy for retards.

Shit, I have no way to withdraw for five days. On a holiday and I forgot the MM string of letters at home.

That’s the bubble mentality!

Why would you say that ed is a really good site if you know how to use it. It is like the Veeky Forums from 2006 or so, just an unregulated place with total anonimity and people shit posting and gullible people. Felt right at home there and the options for good trades were endless. Very unknown and considered garbage pile of crypto landscape, but even in garbage you can find gold. 20xed my starting money mostly due to that site, bizarre to think about it

I don't know of any alternatives which have the proper volume to work someone should really make a good competitor and do something about security too. Losing all of your money is not a good thing I doubt they will survive this

>Some guy did the reaearch and made a video pretty much confirming that the dns attack was actually comming from one of the server hosters. The perfect crime. It meant he could do it again
Post it soy-boy.

Not to scare you, but I follow a guy on twitter called tommyworldpower who had a considerable amount of money hacked and he used MM to interact with ED.

I'd consider trying to shift your funds to a new wallet with a new private key.

Kek

>GTFO OF THIS SHIT NOW AND MAKE A NEW WALLET THEY HAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS
only true if you "imported" your wallet to etherdelta

if you were smart you just made a new wallet on etherdelta and paid some gas to transfer ether in for trading.
anything in the contract you can easily withdraw with a transaction from your own wallet, google it

I haven't used etherdelta for like two weeks

Am I safe?

Oh alright.
Is Metamask basically using Myetherdelta wallet right? Kinda just an UI to make things easier and faster.
Im retarded when it comes to those things

Should I transfer all my coins to mew?

If you like hitler, (((XRP))) is not your coin...

MM is safer than entering your key on the site. But I wouldn't even completely trust it, since a motivated hacker might find a vulnerability some day. A hardware wallet would be better and not reusing the same address after each trade.

>Was only 40k
>Only 40k

Joosted

You can't transfer coints to MEW. Like I just said, you can transfer coins between wallets. MEW, EtherDelta, Metamask etc. can be used to create new wallets.

Metamask just makes it easier and more secure for you to interact with websites using a wallet. It holds your private key out of reach of the website and the website can request transactions, which you need to approve manually.

Basically if you never gave your current private key to EtherDelta (or if you gave it but cleared your browser cache afterwards), there's no reason to worry.

So.. wait is this still that DNS from a while back or is this a new hack.. or is ED being taken over by someone? Either way I'm getting everything out of it now and send it to some other MEW wallet.

But what exactly is going on atm?

Clear your browser's cache before going back on the site. It seems to still be compromised and actively searches your cache for keys. The new CEO is probably in on it, since the hacking occurred right after he arrived.

Couldn't they announce this shit?

I transferred out to my MEW the other day, but never linked my MEW private key. Am I good as long as I never login to ED with my ED private key again? (there's only like 0.08 ETH left on that wallet).

app.bancor.network/discover use now or wait a few months when there will be 5 times the tokens. idc. @cryptomessiah's shill.

I'm a noob at this
Is it okay if I was in private/incognito browsing mode?

>Basically if you never gave your current private key to EtherDelta (or if you gave it but cleared your browser cache afterwards), there's no reason to worry.

I used etherdelta before I got metamask
I remember creating a new account there.
However I kinda lost access some days later and had to import it. Thats where I had to enter my adress and private key.

Should I get it out?

I got metamask because of etheremons and suddenly etherdelta used it as a new account. Didnt really use it apart from that, thats why I have no idea how things work.

Im supposed to create custom tokens to accepts these coins right? Then I can simply transfer them to my mew/metamask adress?

I am still going to use this piece of shit site because it is the only way I can get into low marketcap coins. You can do the same with the following simple steps:

1) USE FUCKING METAMASK.
2) have all your funds stored in a MEW wallet completely seperated from etherdelta.
3) Move a small portion of your funds to MM to buy whatever shitcoin you want.
4) After buying, immediately withdraw said shitcoin to your MEW.
5) If you did not lose your money during any of the above steps, repeat.

This way, if you do lose your funds, it'll only be a small portion and you fucking deserve it for using a shitexchange like ED. I am fully prepared to lose whatever I deposit and so won't be emotionally traumatized if my shit disappears. Key is to only move SMALL PORTIONS OF YOUR TOTAL PORTFOLIO FOR ANY PURCHASE YOU WISH TO MAKE AT ANY GIVEN TIME AND IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAW TO MEW.

I REPEAT, IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAW TO MEW.

What's the best alternative to ED? I'm guessing Kucoin or Binance. Looking to switch since I only use ED and Bittrex atm

I feel sorry for you user. What's your etherscan? I might throw you a bone

Yea incognito clears it after you close the window.
Ctrl+Shift+Del should also work on firefox/chrome.

IM SORRY BUT WTF IS GOING ON HERE??!!! PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

Metamask is an abstraction separate from the site.
What you do a trade through meta mask it sends you the inputs which you have to confirm yourself through Metamask. This way, your private key is never on the site to begin with and can't be stolen.

>Yea incognito clears it after you close the window.
Private browsing for firefox does the exact same thing right?

I travelled about a month ago and had my laptop with me. As a precaution, I removed both my wallets from ED and haven't acccessed ED since. Did this in case my laptop got stolen or sth. Now it seems I may have just been very fortuitous to have avoided a shitstorm. Regardless I have pulled out everything I still had in contracts via MEW interaction, created a new MEW and transferred most of my shit there.

Damn. Still keeping my fingers crossed I haven't been compromised.

NIGGA PLESE
Tell me what the fuck is going on??!

Same thing

I dont know what the fuck is goit on lads.
I usually leave my shitcoins on exchange.

But i have no idea how etherdelta works and thus im not even sure if im hacked or if my coins vanish if i do a transaction

Glad I'm a normie and never understood etherdelta enough to use it.

Etherdelta is garbage. They get hacked then blamed the users for losing their money.

"We are also gonna make a series of educational effort and UI/UX changes to make sure users know how to identify phishing attempts in the coming weeks"

It was just phishing! We didn't fuck up and get our entire site replaced for hours with no action, I swear!

My computer went bust yesterday
How can I withdraw from my phone???
Help pls

Yeah fuck them, their domain redirects to a phishing site. How is this any of our fault?

I suggest you guys get your tokens out ASAP, they are treating their users like idiots.

Sue them if you lost tokens because in no way is this any of your fault.