Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

The Throne of Bone Edition

Previous Thread: Latest news
>warhammer-community.com/2018/01/30/legions-nagash-grand-host-nagash-new-summoninggw-homepage-post-2/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/legions-nagash-legion-sacrament/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/legions-nagash-legion-blood-prince-vhordraigw-homepage-post-2/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

malignportents.com/story/the-great-toil/
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/02/legion-night-bloodseeker-palanquingw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Big Morathi heels right on my balls.

Big Angharad diaperbutt right on my face

Big Morathi tits right in my face

>twice as big
Certainly not twice as big. The Stardrake are actually a lot more expensive than Wyvern and Magmadroth.

You also get 2 or 3 extra heroes in the Magmadroth kit which usually cost 25$-30$ each. They seem like huge value compare to Wyvern box.

stormcasts are for bully

malignportents.com/story/the-great-toil/

New Malign Portents story.

That doesn't make sense; stormcast go back to azyr in bolts of lightning when on the brink of death.

FEC really suffer from being a legacy range that don't have any new units, the current models are just so distant from their lore and concept its laughable
Its a real shame too because FEC have some of the more interesting lore in the setting

Nurglings are good isolants

wow, no soup troll edition
thank you user

>tfw no FEC former Paladins

>Stormcast can now be Zeus, across time and space

Meanwhile destruction gets a gobbo who likes mushrooms

I still hate the stupid soup book.

But at least we are getting more lore and stories for each faction, I guess.

Actually i beg Skaven or Ogors will get a soup book, just to flesh them more out. BCR are... not in the best place right now and don´t let me start with Skaven. And it thematically fits for both factions to be a nice and warm broth on the tabletop and it would erase a lot of problems those armies currently have. Same with Aelves #triggered

phil said we will get something about the other six mortarchs but won't get models (yet)

i hope we get more than one paragraph that says nothing...

Looks twice as big to me. It isn't just height yknow

An elf warrior is quintessentially a paradoxical design
Whenever you choose to have the warrior you're creating to be an elf, you choose the step away from the cloud of concepts that sorrounds humanity, which inevitably contains an always relatively greater quality of muscles, in looks and actions both as far as humans are concerned
By choosing the elf, then you are intentionally making your warrior weaker and the question follows on why making a warrior weaker, where the purpose of a warrior requires it to be as strong as possible; the answers can sound multiple but they boil down to a sole denominator
After showing weakness you may then display what a "real" warrior of that kind, or of another, is capable; for this intent the closest natural concept (as in a concept that mantains its qualities without artificial interventions to mantain relative positions) to that same warrior, but stronger, is the same warrior but human, but in explaining a scale of powers, after lesser comes normal and only after normal comes greater, so, starting from the assumption that the elf warrior created previously is not the norm of its kind, but always a weaker version of its human variant, it becomes apparent how counterintuitive it is to display the strength of a warrior above the norm by having it confront a weak one, rather than a normal one, unless the intention was to display how the norm is greater than the lesser, but when is that ever asked?
If the purpose of inherent weakness isn't to lose, then, it's left for it to draw or even win with the opposing embodiment of relative greater strenght, but unless we're talking about an unequal confrontation, where other factors influence the outcome, the one and only place where a lesser shows to be greater than a greater is in an absurd situation, something that exists only to break expectations through non sequitur, which stands from the dawn of time as one of the pillars of comedy
An elf warrior is quintesentialy a joke

this is stupid
stormcasts are stupid

Maybe this stormcast was just tired and thought he'd catch some Zs next to those comfy Nurglings before a battle.

What don't people like about FEC models? I think they're perfect. Crypt Horrors in particular look beautiful.

Of course the Varghulf is ugly and they'd tremendously benefit from having more models, but for the most part the few they have are good.

I mean for example, between skeletons, zombies and ghouls, FEC get the best looking and most modern kit of the three for their battleline.

They are nice models but they don't fit the lore of the FEC because they were designed for a completely different game and faction

This; they were originally just degenerate/mutated vampires.

Seraphon have the same problem. I hate he lazy copy pasta factions.

>the models fit the lore they were made for
>but the lore doesn't fit the models it was made for
personal misconceptions, how do they work?

How do they not fit the lore? They are degenerate human cannibals.

Yes, but the lore says they dress up in rags, or adorn themselves and believe they're knights, or peasants etc. There's nothing of it n the models, they all look purely animalistic save for some bone piercings. The basic ghouls are the worst offenders imo, they just haven't aged that well.

the lore of the FEC was literally written around and for that model range.
I can guarantee whoever wrote that lore had those very models on his desk.

But aside from GW's view, you seem to have some unique vision for how the FEC should look.
What do YOU think ghouls ad ghoul kings should look like? I'm genuinely curious.

They should look like actual ghoul kings, the current models don't have any sort of motif to indicate any sort of noble past
This is completely subjective but something like that Ghoul Man-At-Arms that is posted every thread or so, would be a nice way to take the faction

They should wear bits and straps of old moldy cloth, with washed out colors. Wear buckets, pots, whatever as helmets, paint their bodies in bright colors, just slapped onto each other.
Carrying broken, rusty swords, sticks and clubs. The ghoul kings should be sitting on a rotting zombie steed, that has ist guts hanging out. Have the king act all high and mighty while also just wearing some bits and rags and an ogre's jaw as a crown.

I haven't read anything from FEC lore except summaries, but If you read the strigoi books all thise models basically thought the same way in the old army.
It was described their intellects had completely eroded away, but they still mimiced civilication to the best of their memory. The difference is that the ghoul kings understood the difference between what they were and what they had become due to memory, while the ghouls just behaved that way instinctively. The ghouls themselves were the decendants of refugees from Strigos and Mourkain that devolved due to Nagashes influence.

No, they actually have to die.

No, it says they see themselves that way in the presence of a Ghoul King. They don't actually do it.

That's not what the official BL book which did include them said. Nagash and Nef had rested in an old castle with FEC in it, and they were desceibed exactly like that.

So now that there's Squat models again, what do we call getting "Squatted"? Tomb Kinged?

There has always been a mention of squats in 40k, the army is still squatted. One necro model does not make an army.

Better than what Tomb Kings or Brets have. Which is fuck all models.

Cool idea!
Although I must admit I sort of like the fact that they are the ONLY Death models without dangling rags and old trash as armor.
They're almost like "undead Bonesplitterz".

But sometimes I too wish they had something. Though perhaps that's best left to the creativity of kitbashers and converters.

Maybe at least their leaders could have crowns and jewelry and capes. The Haunter, Infernal and Ghast still don't have a real unique appropriate model.
Maybe updating just those few characters to have a scepter and a feathered hat would go a long way.

Then again I like the bones. I'm conflicted.

I recently gathered up my old skellies and stuff for D&D purposes and realised I could try using them to get back into AoS as well since some of my buddies play that.

It seems I've got a fairly varied mix of stuff tho: zombies, skellies, skellie archers, spirit hosts, a coven throne, hexwraiths, a Banshee, Necromancer and an unbuilt zombie dragon.

Any suggestion on getting started with this?
I guess I should at least wait for the new battletome for proper force building?

Chinaman my dudes

The chinaman buys houses; I say fuck you

The chinaman sells models; I say thank you

Australia in a nutshell

Can I say something?
This thread is delightful when shitposters (only Slavfag?) aren't here. I need to come here at this time of the day more often!

>people who hate the stupid soup book are shitposters
>when GW still shits on Death by focusing on Custodes this month and then Daughters of Khaine next month
Just wow.

Reminder to ignore anyone that uses the phrase "death soup", "cuck", "soy boy", "numale", or some kind of reference to jews. He is just a butthurt slav

Now now, let's not devolve into shitflinging at eachother for no apparent reason just yet.

Which was the most devastating army you have faced on the tabletop?

Ya but we only have about 2 hours before the baby men wake up

Until then what fun combos do you guys use in your armies?

In my blood bound list I have 2 versions of the be loaded hero.

Anti hoard= aspiring deathbringer with as many +1 attacks as possible plus the double attack artifact for 40 attacks (if the enemy fails a battle shock test, otherwise it'd only 20 attacks

Anti hero= the skull grinder with sane setup as above. 10 attacks at 3+,2+,-1 and 3 damage means that if you attack you are guaranteed the extra attacks ability to proc at least once.

However the heroes become giant targets if your opponent knows your trick.

The book itself is a good thing. They are taking away a split that made no sense while making sure death has rules that let the combined armies stand up to the newer armies.

What you should be hating isn't the good thing that we got, but the lack of new models after we were promised "the year of death".
Going
>HURR DURR SOUP
everytime someone mentiones the book is not just unfunny but also stupid. For long time Death players this is as far from soup as it could be.

Damn autocorrect... I meant beyblade hero

>Anti hoard
Does he kill all the things in the hoard with all his attacks?

Sounds like a desperate plea for wanting Vampire Cucks players to come back.

Flesh your fucking factions first, GW.

I agree that they should do that(as I mention it's no surprise people want to see more models) , but there is no reason why a vamp army shouldn't be able to raise units of skellies.
The book makes sense, but it dosen't deny the possibility that the different micro allegiances will get more stuff eventually. Nor did I imply this wasn't the case in my post.

There is zero point in fleshing out subsidiary factions like Death and Destructions. They're window dressing, there to reel in the few players who will not find any chaos or order forces they like.

Vampire Counts, Better then just skeletons, just Ghosts, Just Plauge Rats, Just Dwarfs with no of their canons, Just Elves that like Phoenix's, Just Elves that like Hydra's and Dragons.

Putting death back to togeather is way better idea that what kind of idiot ideas you would have.

How about you stick to your dead setting, Fantasytard?

Then come up with a better idea. Rather then one that makes sense with the faction. (Cause merging them like this makes way more sense then restricting them based on if you are just using skeletons.)

"Gross Naked Hunchbacks" has been the GW Ghoul aethetic since I think Mordheim.

>implying order dosen't have a ton of misc factions that is just shoved under the "I guesd they are good guys" umbrella

Don't use the term "baby men" if you want to avoid shitposting.
It's the kind of buzzword that turns calm and moderate people against you.
And then the flame war starts and I can't tell who is honestly defending themselves and who is flinging shit for the joy of ruining the thread.

Yes, dragons fear hoard slayer, they go out for a smoke then come back to murdered treasure, a tiny dagger sticking out of every coin.

On a more serious note, unfortunately hoard slayer (sticking to the name now) doesn't see much use cos my local meta is spamming battleshock immune on all hordes.

I already said they have factions that should be merged. There is no point in keeping pretty much all of the High Elf, Dark Elf and Empire factions separate.

My bad, I thought that was the term of choice here.

The separation Nighthaunt/Deathrattle just needs a more solid base of fluff, but it allows for amazing thematic armies, and mixed Death can still exist in the form of Grand Alliance.

Grouping together all Death in a single faction makes the concept of "GRAND alliance" pointless. They could easily be just another army under "Order" like Seraphon or Sylvaneth at that point.

Plan on expanding my Beastclaw Raiders start collecting, think I'll get Icewind assault. That box seems to have 1 of everything which is good IMO.

It has a lot of resin though, do you need to scrub and clean that kind of resin or is it only the FW kind that you do?

You should scrub all resin

Always clean resin, also always have liquid green stuff ready for the inevitable gap. Also a hair dryer for bendy parts to push them back to original position.

I'd rather they made more new death allegiances rather than chopping up something that had a theme into sub factions.

What they did is like taking Tzeench and splitting acolytes and tzaangors into their own factions. Both units have a similar theme under Tzeench and chaos, but they are also so different that they might as well be two different factions.

With the current setup you should stop thinkig of each allegiance in the LoN book as their own faction, and start thinking about how they can make as many different ways to play them as possible.

I don't know, I never really liked the aspect of the undead where "everyone is the vampire's bitch and if you're not a vampire you're a mindless puppet".
A skeleton king always needs to bow down to a vampire above him, banshees obey their commands, ghouls and necromancers, never leaders, always under a vampire.... Vampire Vampire Vampires of the Vampire Counts.
I thought AoS had overcome this, with Nagash having Varghulfs, and Cairn Wraiths as lieutenants.
"It just makes sense that spirit hosts and hexwraiths along with skeletons would all obey a Vampire Lord! They are all united under Undeath! (And under a Vampire!)"
I hate that so much.
I want Krell and the ghosts to have their time to shine.

Who says they are "the same kind of thing"? Maybe they have a completely different history this time around. With deathrattles having their OWN kingdom, without sharing it with other undead.

Why do you think Nagash and Arkhan were brought in? They represent the dead bois and helped remove the annoying hurr DURR vampire faggotry

Minus that Nagash is still in charge and Lich's and Vampires are still stated as being in charge of the regular ass undead.

I suspect they might go for something mildly overlapping, with each of the major Death subfactions having their own Mortarch and stuff.

I for one hope I can properly run these bois again.

Those guys are bitching dude.

Too late now for that when GW releases a fucking Daughters of Khaine battletome.

Really makes you think that Death got a soup book and Order keeps updating legacy factions with new models.

I agree with this too, but just because vamps can have a puppet wight under him does not mean AoS can't fluff in some sentient skellies in charge somewhere.

The problem with all this is still that everyone is Nagashes bitch to the point where he can hear your thoughts if he wants to. I love the idea of having "the great necromancer become the god of the dead and the king of the underworld", it's just that Nagash is an irredeemable shit character and leader. Going by the whfb books/end times fluff Arkhan is a thousand times more interesting as a character.

and Death got the better deal there.

>Really makes you think that Death got a soup book and Order keeps updating legacy factions with new models.

This. Makes me want to not bother getting into death at all and just imagine how shit the Skaven drop will be

>Battletome: Under empire
>Update the awful jezzials, weapon teams etc? lolno
>But here's a brand new high elf release

It a new release for Dark Elves stupid.

>Just now realizing what Veeky Forums has been saying for years
It must be embarrasing to be a SCE player. I feel bad FOR them

>elves are physically inferior to humans

That was never 100% the case though. The more powerful a resurrected being was the harder it was for the necromancer to control. See abyssal terrors, dragons and Krell who betrayed Kemmler.
Also
>With deathrattles having their OWN kingdom, without sharing it with other undead
You mean like a certain kingdom of skeletons that recently got a DLC in a certain videogame?

>replying to a shitty copypasta
>punching a mannequin for staring at you

Toiling away at the hammerers until I can reach those final highlights, such joy to paint...

Also looking to make a Grungi forge god themed Celesant Prime, was thinking of using thorek ironbrow and his Anvil of Doom on his own, make taller with scenery and cork... would this be acceptable as a counts as Celesant Prime for a tournament?trying to make it a centrepiece for a display

Of course it's an elf fag that got baited too.

Soon

warhammer-community.com/2018/02/02/legion-night-bloodseeker-palanquingw-homepage-post-2/

2+ save wightkings

Molestation Mule when?

youll have to put some wings on it I think.
Ive seen celestant primes made out of wood elves and stuff

Nice. Though the cursed blade looks incredibly frustrating for the opponent. Not even strong but simply frustrating.

>put wight king in cover on edge of territory
>3+ save with +2
This book is going to be REALLY interesting

God damn I hate SCE. And EVERYTIME people use the argument B-BUT CHAOS HOGS UP JUST AS MANY RELEASES!!! Yeah but at least every Chaos release is incredibly different from the last and isn’t copy pasted garbage Stormcast who all rook same

As expected I like Mannfred.

This is really nuts.
+2 to casting is huge, especially if youre trying to summon big squads of zombies or skeletons into play.

there is no summoning anymore

stop spreading lies
they wouldnt add the SUMMONABLE keyword if there werent spells for summoning

Legion of Night sounds like the one. The only thing I dislike about the legion is Mannfred himself.

It works with gravesites now. That's what it means.

maybe
but there was that article that literally described how the new -summoning- worked
there wasn't a word about any alternative use with spells

GW would be retarded if they didnt have at least one spell out of the TWO new spell lores that allowed you to put a SUMMONABLE unit into play

That kind of summoning is not a thing anymore.

No spells you just bring them in from Grave sites.