Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Non-marine factions only good for including in soup CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED, edition.

>Squats
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/tick-tock/

>Reset the clock
youtu.be/Oc0-8BBkkq4 [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

imagine3dminiatures.com/en/hc-svnt-dracones
youtube.com/watch?v=dm8J-kaezWM
statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for scions

first for drukhari

First for felinids.

Big Celestine tits right in my face

stop this shit gimmick

what are those heads from?

Eldar

Why is the marine on the bottom rolling a donut?

Flamers need to be cheaper for everyone.

felinids when

Just run literal Flamers if you're playing Tsons.

I could pay the fucking 9 points if they where 10”

Gyrinx.

now, with conversions you lazy git.
Theres a reasonable chance their divergence from humanity is primarily cosmetic and theyd just have the same stats as regular guardsmen.

Yvraine's pet lynx

9 points? The luxury, try 15.

How easy are custards to paint? They are going to be my first army that I paint myself ( I recently got into the hobby after a friend gave me some of his painted stuff) I will either do default scheme or pic related.

Not him, But they look like used condoms. I cant look at them without laughing/crying or both.

If warpflamers cost 6 points a pop and had a 9" range, they'd actually be pretty good.

I feel conflicted.
I'm going to add Old One Eye to my genestealer cult army. So I kinda want to do up a big fancy huger carnifex with living saint trappings like purity seals and candle shrines on his back and everything.
But that would mean not using the old 3e metal OOE i have, which I also feel like I should use.

Meanwhile the Heavy Warpflamer at 23pts
Fuck that

If that's what you think a used condom looks like, you're using condoms wrong.

nice remodelling of silly side mounted guns, might copy

Because the original image is an advert for Warhammer cafe in the US where donuts are a popular accompaniment to coffee (in popular culture at least)

imagine3dminiatures.com/en/hc-svnt-dracones

Power armor minis are pretty entry level to paint.

If it's your first time that looks a little too complicated
I'd recommend following this guide
youtube.com/watch?v=dm8J-kaezWM

potentially fairly easily. you can do them mostly as just a gold basecoat with a drubrush highlight and wash for shading. jist picking out othe details in another colour.
plus even a large army is only going to be like 12-15 minis so you can spend more time on each one without much issue.

Heavy flamers are 17 and flamers 9 for the weapons alone.

Blackstodes are kinda hard to do, you'll be picking out lots of little details and painting a convincing black is hard.
Default can be easy or hard depending on how you paint gold, I for example do it the hard way with lots of layers and a sort of pseudo NMM technique, but you can also do it really easily by just spraying them with Retributor Armour and washing them with Reikland Fleshshade of Nuln Oil depending on the look you want.

Condom I was wearing when I was with your mother, looked just like a flamer, I swear.

I originally had autocannons glued to the side and wanted to swap to volley guns, turns out magnetising the sides with that mud flap is a massive arseache, so i just did it to the top where they dont shoot the passengers that i never put in the tauroxes

OwO
what's this

There any good sites where I could get appropriately sized heads for female Custodes

Or better for others

I fucking hate soup so much.

git gud then faggot

Your mom prefers it when I and the rest of the neighborhood raw dog her, so I admittedly don't have a point of comparison.

Well it looks like fucking cat heads.

Thanks guys. I think to start with I will just go with the default scheme as it seems a little easier to paint.

Try getting an unarmored survivor sprue for Kingdom Death off eBay.

>git gud
Silly user. I am wrecking your entire life with Gulliman detachment + meme detachment of my choice.

Escher heads - radical dude

Well, than you have no idea what you talking about, aren't you?

Flamers of Tzeench do look like used condoms.

Nah, the new plastic version is a thousand times better. Rhinofex was garbage.

>people still bitching about guilliman when he almost never fucking places high in events anymore

>thinking they are gud

the absolute state of casual players

Holy fuck. That shitty rpg fetish-fest has fucking models???

*pulls out Tzeentch army*

u were saying big boy?

Wouldn't they be tiny on a banana body?

I just want to have fun with my 40k lore. But 8e is completely devoid of any fun strategy. It's like a super autistic and long version of paper rock scissors.

I think I can convince my friends to jump ship to an old edition. Or a new game. Any suggestions?

>magnus easier to kill than ever before
>brimspam is now hilariously easy to kill

any decent player knows that pox walker farms are the new daemon flavour user, don't you have a narrative campaign to attend?

I suggest you go to 8th edition

2nd edition. Main issue is you need to homebrew rules for all the new units/factions that have come out since then.

The only condoms flamers look similar too are the ones use for non euclidean birb sex with Tzaangors.

I started building/painting some Tyranid models just because they looked cool and because I have enough car models to fill up a room
I've been watching some bat reps and the game itself seems really shitty
Is there actually depth to this game or is it the table top equivalent to taking a model in each hand and smashing them together while making machine gun noises with your mouth
I'm only interested in either imperial guard or Tyranids

>Not knowing about Pink/Flamer bombs

See me through 90 Str 5 attacks with rerolling 1's on hit/wound, and +1 to wound rolls.

>Or a new game. Any suggestions?
AoS

bombs dont really work when deepstrike denial is so readily available

have fun killing my tax units

Dark Eldar codex when?

>I'm only interested in either imperial guard or Tyranids
Absolutely patrician taste.

Unfortunately the game is not in the best state right now, but it's not completely as bad as you're thinking it is if you play on a good table against a good opponent. Terrain is very important, and homebrewing your own mission rules can also improve things.

>Too busy trying to spread out to counter deep strike
>Lose on objectives

Thanks user!

third time it becomes spam.

Probably on preorder next weekend but nothing is confirmed.

there is depth to it. On a strategic level your army list and deployment really matters. On a tactical level manouvering, holding ground, target selection and a focus on the objectives instead of just mindless slaughter are all key to winning. Anyone can just smash a netlist into their opponents army, but do that and youll find yourself losing against players who actually put thought into the game.

Soon.

We'll get preview articles before that. It won't be so soon.

Sure fucking hope so thank you for confirming it pal

nids and guard are solid, if you are looking for depth ITC missions are where you want to go

the game is probably the best state its been in for a long time while also being far easier to pick up than it used to be

Can't wait for DE becoming a good army thanks to different Kabals soup

who's the best canoness so far in terms of being heroic, noble or just fairly doing well?

Is it actually good?

>best state
You mean every fucking army playing the same fucking shit thanks to soup detachments?

it's the last one of 3, GW shits on us

thanks for proving you havnt played the game, you dont need to spread out to counter deepstrike when your army deploys in over twice the area than your opponents army does

Isn't it usually like tomorrow Saturday where they say on pre-order next week: "codex: ???"
I remember with Custodes we weren't 100% when the preorders would begin and thought it might be closer to Feb or a week later than it actually was it but it wasn't

Ephrael Stern

What did he mean by this?

well the models are nice and that's most of the hobby
except Soycast

I know not to expect 30k custards to be ported over at a heresy weekender, but if the FW guys don't allow themselves to be pestered into telling us where they're at on it tomorrow I will be very dissapointed and will head down to Nottingham to piss on their Liberator statue out front.

Does the new dex actually say of this is a thing or not?

>Canoness

After rerelease of metal thunderhawk and half elfar ultramarines codex maybe.

It receives more support than 40k for sure. The miniature aesthetic is all over the place with some fantastic stuff mixed with hot garbage that would make a Dorito naught look good

fine.

Miriael Sabathiel. Better?

There's some strategy to it, through mostly of the "shoot/punch stuff until it falls down", at best you might se a 1-2-3 combo to accomplish the above.

But if you want stuff like encircling, morale, ect you should look at historicals or on of the earlier editions of Warhammer fantasy.

actually soup has made for more diversity in armies. At least in my experience. Its now easier to just take the couple of units you like without having to start a whole side army.

I can't honestly say I have any idea who you're talking about.

I think statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/ has heads in different scales.

Basically consider a 4 page, not very tight or well done ruleset patched over with a few notes on army composition and a few restrictions.

That's AoS.

But the game itself. On a scale of 1 or 8th edition to 10 or brood war, how fun is the gameplay?

>furshit.
Fuck off, Heretic. Felinids are pure Nekos.

suuuuure

That one Armageddon hard-ass ?

Then say it dishonestly.

Well Starcraft is shit so I guess that's the negative 10?

except they literally dont, in the last 3 events ive gone to i've played the following lists

August ITC practise event
Eldar + ynarri
Dark Eldar + ynarri
Eldar + ynarri
Tau
Tzeentch daemons
GSC
SoB + Guard

October store tourney
Ultramarines
Salamanders
Guard
Nids
Dark eldar
Ultramarines + IG

Jan ITC major, all of these were on near top tables
Dark angels
KDK + world eaters
Tzeentch daemons
Grey knights
Alpha legion
Tyranids

The amount of soup armies actually played compared to what people claim is really not that high, and aside from eldar almost all the soup lists are incredibly varied

play some games before you just spew incorrect shit

it's easy and casual, so if you are looking for numbercrunching for nerds, that's not it

>piss on their Liberator statue out front.

I'd be amazed if 80% of visitors don't already do that.

Sc2 is shit, but brood war is the height of strategy games.