Art Thread

Art Thread

Does anyone have any good barbaric horsemen/women artwork?

Not horses, but barbaric nomads nonetheless.

anyone have any fantasy hounds/hound-like monsters?

He said good, not generic WOW rip offs

SQUARE UP

Here's some hound I have

Why is the authentic medieval look so under used?

thats good, what im looking for

anything like that in color?

Looking for art of Elvish villages like pic related, but from a wide variety of climates and environs.

That doesn't seem like a good shooting stance.

>art thread
>most of the art is shit
>excellent reenactment photos

What art would you like?

I wish there was better (or more) fanart of this character, because she's simply the best berserker I've ever seen.

Manga is Shut Hell.

MY FACE IS MY SHIELD

Really wanted to like this but not wearing anything under chain mail just feels off.

>dagger vs giga arachnid
Is the knife enchanted or what

I like these ones

He's too swag to give a shit

Honestly, I've grown rather tired of the standard old Viking-type savages and barbarians. I've always been rather fond of the aesthetics of the various Native American culture, both real ones and fictional ones that take inspiration from them.

At times, I've wondered what the New World could have looked like if they had another millennium to develop.

Myriad civilizations contending with each other, trading with each other, conquering each other, their technology and languages and cultural mores coming into contact and affecting each other away from the influence from the Old World. History's greatest what if question.

>tfw you run a Wild Western Fantasy game
This thread certainly has my interests piqued.

Honestly, probably not much beyond where they were when we found them. Animistic religion left them uninterested in industrial/technological advancement, and their cultures were hyper-fragmented - they had their federations and alliances, sure, like the Great Lakes tribes and the Iroquois, but those are political advancements. Not much in the way of a written language, either, which means all their cultural memory quickly becomes symbolic/mythological, so they have/had very little concept of how long they've been where they were, and thus not much idea of where they might be going. The roughest estimates put proto-Native Americans at populating North America somewhere around 45,000 BCE - 12,000 BCE (thanks Wikipedia), and I'm not aware of any evidence of serious technological advancements in that time. They were more or less unchanged from arrival to discovery. Easily romanticized and admired, sure, but theirs was a culture that lent itself to stasis.

Especially after seeing what the Mesoamerican people built, I wonder what sort of megastructures they'd build in the north.

pic unrelated

True true. My post was mainly focused on North American tribes, but man, the Maya/Inca/Olmec cultures were another class altogether. Who knows.

When I say New World, I meant the Americas in general, not just the region we now know as the United States. The Inca and Aztecs and the Mayans certainly did NOT arrive in their present locations at the same technology level they were at when Europeans made contact.

>Animistic religion left them uninterested in industrial/technological advancement, and their cultures were hyper-fragmented
Sure sounds a lot like Japan.

looking in his face i can only see Cage... why

>That priest hurting the native with his cross on the left corner
Holy shit

>Manga is Shut Hell.
I stopped reading a while after the present-day guy get into her body.
Does the pace pick pack up at some point?

Awesome

dose anyone have any angel artwork ?

I would like to request powerful-looking elves, orcs, dwarves, and dragons. Beings that look like heroes, kings, or demigods, or associated with a particular theme.

I need portraits for a bunch of greek-style pantheons (many gods of various domains, all competing). Humans are done, but I have other races needing love too. Extra points if they aren't robed in white but clearly in their element and masters of their domain, whatever it may be.