If you been in charge of Ixalan with full veto, how would you have made it more interesting in both lore and mechanics?

If you been in charge of Ixalan with full veto, how would you have made it more interesting in both lore and mechanics?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0akyiAnJfJm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vehicle-ships that can equip multiple crew and certain sailors or captains can give the vehicle creatures different abilities

>tfw latino
the picture "trigers" me because of how true it is

Make the chicks hot.

Make Lightning Strike Common.

Put in more Uncommon Lords in XLN.

Really that's about it. Yes I know that turns the set into Legions.

kill yourself, you fucking argentinian piece of shit

remove PC faggotry and let vampires win

Mechanically, give some tribe bonuses for vehicles to the pirates n vamps, at least 6 more vehicles, and more dino's (cause dino's)

lore wise, Jace dies. Full stop, fuck that blue shitter.

This would certainly help. It was the best, and most popular, faction.

There is so much fucking wrong with the setting I wouldn't know where to begin.
A lot of MtG's latest settings felt like rip offs of better D&D settings. Ixalan being a worse Ebberon, Innastrad being a worse Ravenloft, and Ahmonket being a worse Dark Sun, ect. Kaladesh was pretty cool with its magitek India, though.

It triggers me because conquistadors and mexicans with sombreros did not exist at the same time, that should be some aztec chick

>Make the chicks hot.

This.
What a fucking waste of a jungle plane.

The only people showing any skin are the male merfolk and the orcs, while all the women are bundled up like they're wandering in the antarctic. And I can't even complain too much about that, because this set had more grannies in it than the last one, and that seems to be a trend.

Oh boy oh boy, can't wait to open up a pack and see what septegenarian cosplayer I pulled. That's what's really popular nowadays.

I hadn't played the last two sets
Honestly Ixalan looks pretty cool to me, if sometimes a bit over the top.
Conversely, Amonkhet looks like complete fucking trash. Everything looks so plastic and shitty.
Just compare it for a second with Theros, where they really nailed the aesthetic down, it feels like it's made by someone who really loves greek mythology at least. Amonkhet looks like cheap pop culture shit, i can't even explain it very well.

Just for the sake of accuracy, can a drawfriend touch up that image to make it more Ixalan?

I would if I had a art-program on my borrowed laptop.
Legion of dusk+sun empire or Legion+merfolk?

why not both?

I'm so disappointed they did not print a card named "skeleton crew". Would have given the Vehicle menace

>tfw Latinas are my special realm
>not even the white ones, I'm talking red skin with 50%+ native blood

CONQUERED

Make the women look like women
Cheesecake for eveyrone
Make the sun empire somehow more brutal than the literal vampires. I mean the Aztecs were
Less feathers on dinosaurs
Less stupid named dinosaurs
Actually do some goddamn research and pull shit from aztec/maya myth
Merfolk are demoted to "Barely exist anymore" if there need to be some, then they've become feral, Shadowmoor type merfolk.
Pirates are MIA since they're not period appropriate and you already have one waterborne annoyance.

>Merfolk are demoted to "Barely exist anymore"
>Pirates are MIA

A tribal set with only two tribes? Sounds pretty shit.

Well it should be obvious that I was intending to get rid of that aspect.

Jace is not that bad if you actually read the Ixalan stories.

La Luz Extinguido

Que chistoso
vocaroo.com/i/s0akyiAnJfJm

I don't get it

>Actually do some goddamn research and pull shit from aztec/maya myth
>What is Kamigawa?
They can't do research anymore because the vast majority of their customers are mouthbreathing dipshits who don't care. It doesn't translate into sales, or even appreciation really. It's probably why their "diversity" is so shallow. They could represent actual CULTURES with their planes- an Inuit plane or a West African plane could be tits, to say nothing of Persia- but because they have to stick to things North Americans already know we got a "they liked the sun, and had that one city right?" """Aztec""" block with some black pirates shoved in for filler

I just miss old modern template

Also, in the custom card general someone creates the Cunning hability, pretty oposite to Vigilance it let a creature block while tapped.

>It triggers me because conquistadors and mexicans with sombreros did not exist at the same time
Same

No, I thought of a solution. The solution is to add a set gimmick that makes the set worth buying no matter the fluff. I can even tell you what the gimmick would be! Making the set good

Remove Pirates

Our chicks will open their legs for any gringo

bump

Define "win". The beautiful tragedy about the Legion of Dusk is that even if they win, they lose.

>Congrats, you've conquered and expanded your territory further.
>The Immortal Sun, however, doesn't do what you think it does.
>Your religion is incorrect, and the immortality a full half of you are searching for is forever beyond your reach now, you KNOW it doesn't work that way now. What will you do? Eat each other? Continue the religion? Tear it down?
>No, you'll just continue on your conquest until you eventually implode from lack of food.

What a fucking fantastic faction, how did Wizards manage this in their current PC environment? I will never understand their ability to make accidentally amazing and tragic things.

>Latino
Um ackshully I think you mean "Latinx"
t. gabby rivera

Really surprised at the lack of undead pirates. They do exist in the world, just... not on cards inexplicably. There was a lot of world stuff that Ixalan has that didn't show up on cards. I was surprised there was no card for the shades the legion binds for example. We knew Ixalan had parrot griffins but I didn't think we'd see them either

They managed it by making the legendary face of the tribe and general representation as villains and leaving the intriguing lore bits that make them not all horrible deep in for those who are interested. Some of the vampires really are villains and use their vampirism to do bad shit like Vona but it would have been more interesting imo to make the face of them more sympathetic on the whole, like how Mavren Fein genuinely wanted to do good for the Legion rather than just wanting to conquer to feed. But he was just a side character to Vona.

To be fair though, the angle is kind of brilliant. I guess the average magic fan nowadays would probably be uncomfortable liking a tribe of conquistadors, but for those actually interested in the lore you can find more to them to like.

Go to bed Gabby Rivers, you have a big day of tanking a D-list comic book characters reputation from "non-existent" "hilarious failure"

Oh wait, it got canceled.

Jace was not that bad if you read most of the stories, but he did get cool development in Ixalan. Ironically he's probably more "perfect" now than he was before. Before one of his core traits was uncertainty of what he should be doing with himself due to constant memory wipes and the loads of bad shit he's done and attempted to make up for. The conflict he was meant to represent as a monoblue character was being stuck between black and white and blue's tendency to be stuck spinning its wheels due to analysis paralysis. He doesn't have that anymore because Ixalan got him back his memories, yet his experiences of making himself self sufficient made it so he doesn't doubt himself.

Time to book a flight.

Latin women know who is best, white catholic men. We conquered your heathen peoples and planted a blessing into the wombs of your women.

C'mon user why would it trigger you.

>Gabby Rivers
That shit is so offensive on so many levels. And that's outside her pretending to be Latino when she isn't.
>A brownskinned ALIEN lands in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>She identifies as Latina. Despite being an alien. Because all Latin Americans are brown. None of them are black and none of them are white, they're all brown.
>She speaks "Spanish" despite Spanish not being an alien language unless Hernan Cortez actually found the fountain of youth and used his newfound immortality to explore the far reaches of space for God, Spain and to get Rich. Catholic Xenos invasion when?
>Her "Spanish" is on the same level as that of Dora the Explorer. The never speaks full sentences of Spanish, she just interjects Spanish words into English sentences.
>Despite this she picks the superhero name "America"... kind of like making her Captain America except Cap is a full fledged American patriot with zero loyalty towards countries that aren't America outside of "they're American allies", "they're friends of liberty" or "they're fellow human beings".
I actually believe the Gabby Rivers conspiracy theory. I fully believe this comic was made bad on purpose purely to provoke rednecks into saying "I hate America".

>America Chavez
>Chavez
Gonna give xer the benefit of the doubt and say the character is named after Cesar Chavez, but something tells me xhe is the kind of trust fund communist who thinks this dipshit was a great man.

Make the designs of the characters less Pathfinder goofy-tier high fantasy and more feasible / down to earth.

Forget that the planeswalkers are the main protagonists.

Forget that Ixalan is muh special trap plane for muh special character. Make Azor demented but Ixalan is not his special snowflake thing. Alternatively make Azor not able to leave because that would trigger the plane's destruction and he's a lawfag and doesnt want to destroy the plane.

The special thing about Ixalan is that the core or some legendary artifact can produce and attract mana of any color, make a black lotus-tier mana of any color card called a shard and a big artifact that doesnt need to be sacrificed for the main thing.

I'm spanish and that pic doesnt ring shit here at all.

Nobody thinks of south america at all in any significant way. It isnt present in culture or society or day to day life.

Except for all the sudacas you got over there

Yes but they dont stand out usually, and nobody thinks of them in terms of conquisatores and colonies etc...

Every spaniard feels like shit and has a shit oppinion about Spain. That conquistador spirit is long long gone, if there ever was one in the first place.

For all the south americans I know it seems to me they are the ones that have all of this more present. Literally nobody gives a shit about this in Spain

Habla por ti hermano. El espiritu del conquistador habita en mis gonadas.

Isn't that the spirit in all of europe tho? Phobia of patriotism and all that

Some one hasn't been to eastern europe.
And Spain is more we usually don't care, but it has been the same for the last 250 years or so, specially pronunced after the Cuban war.

Everyone is too poor and worried to make ends meet each month to worry about that. There's a stigma in Spain with the flag because of Franco and what came after, that basically held on to power thanks to creating a huge stigma.

Anyays south americans arent regarded in any particular way. Nobody in Spain knows history or cares, and a south american might be seen as exotic as a chinese or a moor.

It´s almost as if latin AMERICANS usually mention how they indentidy as AMERICANS because the come from the continent called AMERICA and they hate how the people from the united states act as if AMERICA was just them, even with them being down there longer.

I want to colonize chel's womb

We're the only ones who matter. Who cares if some half-monkey mongrels have been around longer? Most of you aren't even worth distinguishing from Mexivans, who are barely worth acknowledging.

Everyone does.

Thanks for the chuckle, bruv.

I would probably just have tried to make the mechanics good desu senpai

Yo as someone who is not Spanish or Spanish-descended nor particularly invested in MtG and 100% not invested in the current muh SJWism shit FOR MtG...

What do all you Latinos and Latin-Americans and European Spanish etc think of La Malinche?

Which might make sense if:
a. She was Latin American
b. This comic didn't take place in the United States of America, commonly abbreviated as America.
Don't go ahead and fucking defend "Riviera"

No, those are called chicanos.
They're the children of actual latinamericans but born in the US, they claim pride on their heritage despite not knowing dick about the country their parents escaped from or even knowing how to string together a sentence in spanish and yet they think they're the authority on hispanic issues, also usually Real Madrid supporters.

Ignore their opinions.

honkey detected

Well, the Sun DID grant phenomenal cosmic power, the plane-lock was just a bonus. I'm sure that they could have used the magic to cure themselves and happily develop into a colonialist empire

>a colonial.

God damnit I knew we had to opress you harder.

It depends my man, but you have to understand from where she comes from before judging. She was of probable noble origin, but was enslaved be his Aztec father and sold to Mayans slave mongers than then sold her to the Tabascans , when the Spaniards came knocking and destroyed the Tabascan army at the battle of celna, she was one of the several girls than where gifted to the conquistadores to "prepare meals and other stuff" plus porters. She learned Spanish quick, and had an advantage over the other Spanish translator because she could Speak Nahua, so she ended being very necesary to Cortez and helped them to understand better the natives. She was also the mother of one of the first Mexican mestizos, Martin. So people see her as a traitor, a victim or the mother of the actual Mexican culture, blending the old natives with the new Spaniards.

There is a comic, called Quetzalcoatl I think, than it's about her, but perhaps a bit dated and with very debatable historic acuracy. Anyway, its a good one, specially if you love Euro comics.

Non magic player, I like the setting and the random splat book for 5th. I may actually get into Magic because of it, even though I dislike the game on principle because of its horrible fans.

Vampires are also QTs, just saying

I would walk around the WotC office asking people how they feel about women in gaming.
If they spout social justice or diversity bullshit - quickly fired. If they spout /pol/ bullshit - quickly fired.

If they don't care about politics, and don't care about catering to anyone other than the people spending money on product, then they can stay.

Thank you for the sincere reply and the recommendation user.

>If they spout social justice or diversity bullshit - quickly fired. If they spout /pol/ bullshit - quickly fired
But user, you are /pol/.

That pic is ironic because a lot of metal bands like that are on the "being white is cool" bus while still singing about murderfucking, skulls, and demons

>I would walk around the WotC office asking people how they feel about women in gaming.

Pretty sure they could get you for unfair dismissal in that case. Since you are actively asking for their political stance and then firing them based on it.

>everyone who opposes cultural marxism is /pol/

Embarrassing for you.

Volvio el travesti

El que traga vergas.

>cultural marxism
Nobody outside of /pol/ speaks like that. Go neck yourself.

>neck yourself
That's so 2015

>labeling everyone who disagrees with you as /pol/

Does it scare you that the majority reject your SJW bullshit forcefully?

Legion of dusk are the anti-protagonists, and win

the dinosaur riders are more evil, and lose

the pirates are more evil

the merfolk are more evil

>story and/or representation on cards
What the fuck happened to Arguel and Aclazotz? One would think an enemy god to the three-fold sun would be a relevant figure when everyone is chasing an artifact that represents the three-fold sun.

Caesar Chavez, dipshit.

AVE, TRUE TO CAESAR!

Well, most of us have jobs and we're much less likely to beat them or rape our daughtets.

>also usually Real Madrid supporters
This is the biggest fucking offense of the list, in all honesty.

>Real Madrid supporters.
Chicanos day of the rope when.

Remove the stupid pirates, make everyone hotter and have the merfolk ally with the vampires against the tyrannical dino riders.

Congratulations you've discovered what we all knew since 2012. SJWs are the real racists.

Maybe you should have sent mexicans against the dutch, they are clearly more proud of their iberic heritage than spaniards.

>Centre holds it!
>Passes it back to centre!!
>CENTRE HOLDS IT!
>HOLDS IT!
>HOLDS IIIIIIIIT!!!!

go home /v/

>that one proxyfag who shitposts and defends his husbando 24/7
/sp/ is a magical place

The majority thinks you are a retard that needs a bath.

they really dropped the ball by not having any meme paddle equipment

I would have implemented jaguar and eagle warriors that transforms. drop the pirate and dino shit for another set so I could focus on aztec lore.

>actually buying into their kamigawa bs excuse
people weren't turn off because there was a kami theme, they were turned off because the spirits looked stupid and didn't have anything to really do with japanese mythology. pic related.

stop buying their deflecting excusing for producing a shit set and blaming it on the playerbase

>Everything has to be generic and familiar. If it's weird or different I won't buy it

Today the last minute goal from levante in the Mandril thread was bretty good.

This is a sad but true fact.
Just think about RPGs. They are all clones of tLOtR.
Does any exotic setting ever succedeed?
Or fantasy books?
For all their liking of "fantasy" fantasy customers are one of the less adventurous demographics. They only want the same old shit over and over under different disguises.

>latinx

>Invasion
They better revive /ourgirl/ Isabel I la Catolica or else.

>all leftism is marxism
Dohoho.

No pussy and include monarch instead of the failure that was ascension

>Does any exotic setting ever succedeed?
Dark Sun and Eberron seem to have their successes.