Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Open Day Edition!

Last Thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html

First for the 16th finally getting some limelight in 5 years.

Needs cleanup, but thoughts on my Shield Captain on a Jetbike?

Planning to run a unit with the Agatamus Spears and Guardian bodies as regular 30k Agamatus bikes.

Also serious question: If you had the choice, how much would you price an upgrade for a Shield Captain to use an Agamatus jetbike? 50/60 points?

Are White Scars Outriders in ZM to WAAC at 500 points?

No because thats like 6 bikes and a naked centurion

Tonight's schedule. What are you hyped for everyone?

My list is a delagatus on a jetbike. 4 plasma outriders and 5 Bolter bikers. Delagatus has melta bomb and power glaive so he’s the only one who can effectively open doors.

Hoping for some SoS or a preview of Sang.

If that happens, I'm just not gonna field Sisters. I've already filled my Allies with Militia.

It's too much to ask for two primarchs to be revealed this weekend, isn't it?

Looks nice as fuck user, digging the Allarus shoulderpads. I'd love to see a varient off the bike. What'd you use for the gorget?

Custodes got their Primarch.

Chads coming through.

The Emperor?

The model is largely just the Dawneagle kit; the lance is from the Agamatus kit, the shoulder pauldrons and bike top are from the Allarus kit, and the Iron Halo is from Celestine.

nah some weird looking eldar tranny

How do you assemble the guns on the front? Can you pull them out and put new ones in? That is, can you magnetize them without problems?

dorn is a pimp and confirms my feeling that the custards are over-designed trash, i haven't wanted any other primarch model but i do want his, even without his paintjob being a demonstration of how not to look like donald trump's shitter even when painted gold.

This was what Cawl looked like at the time of the Heresy.

And Sangy and Guilliman.

that's dorn, you can tell because of the eagle/fist

The nose tube makes him look like a dork.

>who should I trust to build the next evolution of space marines?
>an archmagos with millennia of experience?
>naw, this literally-who acolyte can probably handle it

Most efficient way to consume warp-cocaine, though.

any spoilers from the book? Russ disgraced himseld again?

I'm hoping they'll show at least renders of the other 3 necromunda gangs, but that's not relevant here. 30k-wise it's Malevolence I'm most interested to hear about.

Damn that's some good art of them.

They slot in and under a cowling. If you shaved them a little, you could have a plasticard tab with tiny magnets to hold the pieces in place to swap out

Dorn looks so fucking good.

Easily the best primarch so far

I disagree

fulgrim

U wot?

Yep, the best body, the best pose. Even face is dynamic. Best by far, surely.

Can someone post / link me to deredeo dread assembly sheets, just got one 2nd hand and need help assembling it.

None are really available; I’ve looked high and low for ages.

Honestly your best bet is to just look at the completed models on FW’s site and google to help you.

I could take a few photos of the sheet included with mine, I recently got a FW one.

Fulgrim look awesome, only his face is bad, but I guess that's the case with all primarchs.

Official pic

I don't know why but they are mentioned as new.

REMOVE

why do the heads look retarded?

Pretty nice this one.
And Russ in the background?

Because FW is well known for sculpting very good heads.

What HHG related are you assembeling and painting at the moment?

Feel free to post pics!

How are you going to use the guns/rockets in 30k?

Might be Russ. It's Sanguinius and Dorn in the front, so it'll either be a flashback to the Great Crusade
or possibly just before Wolfsbane and after Sanguinius has arrived on Terra, but I'm not sure of the timeline

Seriously, what's the deal with all that bullshit? Take off the feathers and the pelt thing and it's a fantastic model. Maybe make him actually bald or shaven-head like his book picture.

Damn Sanguinius looks so badass.

Yes, you can also see Jaghatai on the left

Wolfsbane spoilers please!

I hope they don't. Sisters and Custodes go togethere like an Imperial Fist in a pain glove.

The gap on the Allarus crotchpiece looks a bit odd. Fill it or remove it.

that would be a great help, thanks

Is it on sale at the weekender? If so, I guess most people who've picked it up might be attending seminars and whatnot. Maybe we'll get some leaks this evening if someone decides to read it on the train home or something though.

I must be Russ, looks just like him judging by previous artwork on his primarch book.

I can also see the Khan in the far background as well. Sang, Dorn, Russ and the Khan fighting togethere during a compliance? Malcador is there too, which puts my idea off.

Working on it, took the photos, now to edit them into something that won't be ~5MB per image.

Someone made this from the plastic custodes kit and it looks way better. More faithful to the old art.

>Sang, Dorn, Russ and the Khan fighting togethere during a compliance?
They're on Terra? The fuck you talking about?

You can easily remove the pelt and wings, but the pauldrons look seriously bland for a Custodes model so it will need some extra conversion. The mowhawk face from the Guard kit will make it even better.

It's simple but effective.

That makes a lot more sense. I was just guessing.

>big meltagun with an extra long muzzle
>inferno pistol range

>doesn't have the long groin plate

Eh/10.

looks age of shitmar 2bh

Hi, this is Forge World, and today we're going to talk about the available Weapon Arts in Dark Souls 3

Real men don't need no long groin plate

That honestly looks a thousand times better. Still not a fan of the mohawk, but at least it doesn't look like somebody vomited a bunch of bitz all over it.

That model is just far too busy and crowded with detail, it really doesn't make it look good.

Frankly, I think user's kitbash with the sanguinary guard axes looked better for the melta spears.

It's still a pretty large image at 1.3MB, but this is all 4 pages at a half-decent resolution.
The instructions aren't exactly extensive, but it's better than none at all.

Anyone got info from the Jaghatai Khan session with Chris Wraight?

As the user who made those; thank you

What's in the scroll Valdor? The Emperors secret cooking recipes?

I agree.

Are the other spears ever worth taking? Don't know if they are worth the points.

Probably.
"Russ bring me Magnus back to Terra alive, I give you my Custodes, my girls and my titans. Don't fuck it up.
Papa E"

So in the Necromunda Seminar Tony Cottrel said that House Escher are “Exotic and vindictive because they are women”. And of course the Internet exploded.

Kirsten3 February 2018 at 11:27
it's an appalling comment to make

Doug McKerracher3 February 2018 at 11:28
"the perspective of 40k testosterone world" is a piss poor excuse.

Oscar Anjou3 February 2018 at 11:32
’Feminist put your guns down’
Quite the opposite, this statement is not okay, we should be up in arms about it

So you came here to try to stir shit up? Feck off.

>fw says women are vindictive
>dumb cunts online get vindictive about it
sure showed them didnt you, meat toilets.

This is why GW will never make female SM as its a no win ball game for them.

I got depressed. Not trying to stir anything up.

Melta spears are garbage. Their range is abysmal and doesn't even make sense. All the other gun options are rifle-grade with the guardian bolter and the adrathic destructor strapped to them, why this one has a pistol profile is inexplicable.
Deathray spear is not horrible, if costly, but brough low by the fact that the guardian spear in general is a terrible weapon.

There is a kinda of sad realization that Ixion Hale is still better than both of them put together.

Do Ixion Hale have his own rules?

Now make the Guardian Spear and its variants not suck balls in melee and give the Pyritite Spear +6" range and we can talk.

This is not a bad head, but it doesn't look like it belongs on the body.

...what the fuck.

No, he's just a tribune with paragon spear.
Which is a shame, we could do with another named character.

I see.

What makes the spear so terrible? Is it the AP3 when you don't charge?

Asking this question elsewhere, but here it's relevant too: what do you think Dorn's helmet should look like, and which pre-existing helmet is best suited for him as a conversion?

Is there a description of it anywhere?

Sorta. The weapon is straight-up worse than the sentinel blade outside the charge, but custodes don't have an Assault Vehicle to realistically get that charge (aside from the ugly-ass, overcosted LoW Orion). It's not just the lack of AP2, but also the missing +1S and the low volume of attacks to actually proc Lighning Blows.
Any savy player will just charge them with some chaff while the Guardians sit around after deepstriking or disembarking, until he can wheel around something like Cataphractii to murder the shit out of them.
tl;dr: A charge-centric unit with no way to get a charge is pure shit.

absolute legend, thanks mate

Happy to help.

I'm thinking of making something like pic related.

I'd imagine an ornate mkIII or mkII would fit. Maybe a contemptor head, it works for Perturabo.

Nope.

Not to my knowledge.
I'm thinking probably to look to Custodes for the ornate gold helmets, an FW IF upgrade pack for the symbols, or else the flat-faced tartaros plastic head for conversion.

Why FW faces must be this terrible?

I was thinking the same, but the IF one is exceptionally plain
Maybe the EC Contempor head or sword and board Custode one

Depends on how big Dorn is.

Lorgar is pretty tiny for instance and a dread head would look fucking retarded