This is what Elves would look like in real life

This is what Elves would look like in real life.

Successful, charming, bright, handsome, stylish and talented.

That looks like Eurotrash.

Depends on setting.

>elves
>fashion victims
>thinking they wouldnt still be rocking the victorian stylings that were popular when they were born
Fuck off.

But that's not what a prostitute looks like.

Why are they all but that one guy on the right wearing shades?

i'm 42, i don't wear punk gear
blue eyes don't do well in bright light

And that's exactly what elves would look like. Eurotrash.

Yeah will you probably have old man flab too. However your point is valid

Have you been to LA? Shit's bright.

No, THAT'S what they would really look like.

Isn't the Gorget some kind of elven supremecy shit?

Do you wear hipster flannel, skinny jeans, and plastic sunglasses? No? Wow, its almost like you're wearing the common apparel of the decade you were born in! Elves would be a couple hundred years old. In 1918, suspenders, vests, and trousers werent a "statement" or a trend or something, they were just the clothes you wore. An elf who grew up being taught he was essentially naked without his vest isnt going to stop wearing his vest because the degenerate humans decided to prance about in their underwear.

>Shit's bright
Oh. Oooohhh. So that's why the movie is called that.

Literally and unironically like jews without the nose

ears substitute for nose

You're acting like people don't change their clothing as the style changes.

oh user, don't you know style never goes out of fashion?

And no sense of fashion other than Trumpian braggardo style.

This is why I could never get into Bright, it's so painfully on the nose with it's social commentary. Shadowrun ripped off actual neonazi propaganda to come up with Humanis slogans and it's still far more subtle
You're a fucking hack Max Landis and it's all you'll ever be

By midlife you stop trying to keep up with whatever dumb shit is popular and stick with what you "know" looks good.

midlife is kinda meaningless for a species which can live indefinitely.

...that's a bit blatant for a thing people just wear about all day.

Wait so elves are Jews? I've always associated dwarves with Jews.

Right? Have you ever seen someone with a career going around in racial supremacist jewelry? I know it's in another language, but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to assume literally no one but elves (and only elves who agree with you) can read Elf

Wouldn't elves be absolutely terrible at making money in modern day society?

All the real money is in fast deals, innovation, responding to immediate market trends etc.
Elves however due to their long ass lifespans tend to focus more on the long term, not to mention that they started acquiring their job related skills centuries ago so most of them would be skilled in things that are simply no longer relevant to modern society.

Yeah, just a bit. It's also kinda weird to be so damnwell everywhere, like all elves are totally into that but won't tell anyone about it.

They are the 'Control the world' stereotypes, instead of dwarves normally falling into 'Insular conservative banker' stereotypes.

Also gay

Exactly. It's so obvious with it's message about racism that it ends up being kind of racist. And that message wasn't much more than "it exists" to start with

Banking and money loans I imagine would be how they get some money back.

Yeah, that was my general take away from it. Having your anti-racist message end up being 'Racism does us no good...BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THOSE FILTHY ELVES WANT!' really didn't help.

perhaps, but that would only affect like the 0.1% of them that actually were related to banking in any way
and even then, modern day banking is an extremely fast-paced business

Not like elves are stereotypically slow

I've never actually seen Bright, and predicted all of that just from watching the trailer and seeing the occasional screenshot on Veeky Forums
YOU'RE A FUCKING HACK MAX LANDIS

they tend to be characterized as slower to adopt new trends and customs due to their long lifespans though, not to mention being somewhat technology-averse
Maybe they do want to go with the times but find themselves with significant difficulties in doing so.
Ever tried teaching your 70 year old grandma how to use a computer? Imagine trying the same with a 700 year old.

But you can't be racist agains elves because they have the power

Good news, you predicted very very well!

>Ever tried teaching your 70 year old grandma how to use a computer?

Honestly, my grandma has a better computer than I do. Mostly because she buys new tech for the sake of having new tech (Hence her having a drone and a roomba the moment they came out). It's more about 'Staying interested' than it is about age.

you're insane if you think big business is quick at adopting new trends and customs

I don't get why Bright is a franchise.

The original RPG was decent. Arguably better than Shadowrun when it came out, definitely better than modern Shadowrun. Shame the film ruined the lore

>be huge buff as fuck orc
>get decked like a bitch by a puny human

Few in number, ancient, beautiful, brilliant, source of wisdom, yearning for their holy homeland. Yeah, I'll buy that.

Wait, there's an RPG?!

Not everyone that rule over others is a jew. Elves seen more like some kind of aristocracy

So does the movie go into the ramifications of an upper class that's effectively immortal? That would probably be a problem with elves in a modern setting.

I've always liked the social implications of hilariously long lifespans.
>Replace England with Elves
>William the Conqueror didn't die until 1835
>Seamlessly passed on power to whoever
>Due to William being a competent king and enforcing his will England is still a feudal kingdom
>English still dress in similar garb to people from the 15th century
>Due to evolution of tactics despite near immortality the English military has term limits for officers of about 50 years
>NCOs and enlisted personnel can serve until they are too old

Ya. Long, long out of print though. I've never seen a scan of it either. It was all about investigation (the book assumed you'd be a cop or PI by default, although you could play normal bloke dragged into some mystery by chance I suppose) and more focused on the "what if?" aspects of the premise than Shadowrun, which has to make room for tacticool merc gunfights and ancap corporate intrigue. Arguably one of the first narrativist systems, contemporary to WoD, although it barely qualifies by modern standards. I suspect the people who made Sixth World had some exposure to it. Presumably, Max Landis played it back in the day, got the rights super cheap, and made it as some kind of misguided passion project.
Originally they weren't immortal, they just lived around ~300 years. Also they spoke and dressed like people from the 18th/19th century. I guess that was cut for being too goofy. The technology issue was sort of handwaved with "that's what they pay humans for," although they never really explain it. They also carried a lot of, shall we say, "old timey views" on race, sexuality, and society in general (you were expected to hate them). The other thing it has in common with WoD is being COLOSSALLY FUCKING EDGY all the time. If you thought the movie was hamfisted, it's actually very whitewashed in some ways.

Which is iroinic because alot of the "critics" that gave it shit complained it didn't go far enough with >le social commentaree XD

To be fair, in that universe there is an area just for elves. So it implies that elven racism is accepted kinda like apartheid was accepted.

>charming
>stylish
They look like vapid douchebags who forgot that style isn't about being a gaudy cunt, but I guess that matches rich people in reality too.

Eh, it sorta didn't go far enough. It tried to have it's cake and eat it and fell into the uncanny valley of messages, where it manages to completely fuck everything up by being too strong to ignore but not enough of a thought out part to actually work. Going further or going less far would have done it better.

The complaint was that it didn't go into enough depth or say anything of substance. Your message can be shallow AND overbearing, which Bright's absolutely was

Is Bright a spiritual successor to Lord of the Rings? Is the war and Dark Lord they reference the War of the Ring and Sauron?

Well it would have gotten more shit from the audience for trying to be more of a mouthpiece for social issues because people are sick of that (looking at Star Wars here) no matter which way it went. SJWs would lambast it if it took the objective approach and the common man would lambast it because it took the biased approach and made the Orks v Humans dynamic a painfully obvious mirror of Blacks v Whites.

Honestly they shouldn't have touched it in the first place.

It's literally the most generic trope they could call on, don't think about it too much.

Yea but the Elf FBI guy is wearing one.
Its like if Mulder wore a Klan robe around.

Well memed

>Ever tried teaching your 70 year old grandma how to use a computer?
My mom's around that age, grew up with typewriters, and now she uses statistical software just fine in her research. My bosses are around that age and run circles around me in terms of programming. Even my dad (68) who never went to college knows how to tinker with his computer, and regularly shows me tips and tricks I didn't know before.

Honestly the whole "old age precludes computer skill" thing is a meme. People who are mentally healthy and open-minded can learn new technologies just fine.

Does it say anything racist on his?

I HATE ELVES

>blaming Jews

I see the bourgies have gotten to you via /pol/ retardation. Well done for being a retard.

Not so blatant when nobody can read it.

Not to mention that someone who is 70 now was in their forties and fifties during the great digitalisation of the nineties, so odds are they had no fucking choice but to learn to sue computers at work.

I agree. Crocs are the true inheritors of the earth

>Not so blatant when nobody can read it.
see

>/leftypol/
>Calling anyone a retard

Cities got elves only district, and they all have high places position.
It's like spouting that whites are above all when you already have separate bathroom for black and white along with whites only districts. I don't see the problem, this kind of thing is expected.

>Scenario were Elves might be endangered or have to be hidden from humankind.
>Realising they would love any form of Veeky Forums related conventions.
>No effort, they for once just get to be themselves for a weekend and none would be the wiser.
>We still aren't any wiser.