Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

What would it take to get you to play a Paizo half-caster in a game with the usual /pfg/ all 3pp allowed?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo-druid-archetypes/feyspeaker-druid-archetype/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ask if Occultist is allowed. If so, play one of those; be a better spellcaster with a more varied spell-list than almost any other half-caster, and have tricks that no psion, initiator, veilweaver, or spheremighter/caster can imitate.

Nothing, because I hate pretty much all of the Paizo half casters from a flavor perspective as well as a mechanical one.

I think by Halfcaster he meant Paladin, Bloodrager, Ranger, and Medium

Trick question. I don't play in games with "the usual /pfg/ 3pp" allowed.

I went to my game shop to look for some Starfinder stuff but they told me they stopped carrying any any all Starfinder material as it didn't sell enough to justify the shelf space

I dunno. I'd be down to play a Bard at any time. No one ever complained about having a REALLY good buffer Bard in their party.

And yet demented posters like OP continue to try and push the /pgg/ meme.

What is a half caster? 4th level casting? 6th? Can't be 9th.

someone whose parents were a caster and non caster

4th level casting, like Paladins and Rangers. Just think of 9 divided by 2, rounded down. I suppose that makes 6th level casters 2/3rds casters.

Or how about we call the casters with 4th level spells 4/9 and 6th level 6/9 because it makes so much more sense to be accurate instead of using more characters on "half" AND needing rounding or just flat out using the wrong fraction because ???

My LGS shut down completely
He could not compete with digital sales

I mean, that sounds like a supervillian concept in the making.

You know what? That's a good point.

Aren't they called half-casters because they're half-martial half-caster?

Occultist spell list isn't actually that good

Paladin or Antipaladin. I'd be happy.

Hell, decent chance I'd swap out my casting.

It's never about the spell list with occultist, but the implement powers.

Because Halfcaster and 2/3 caster are simpler and easier to say, and when in conversation they come across as much more intuitive when talking.

Also because you're literally autistic, and we need to trigger you as much as possible

Have we gotten a leak of disciples doctrine yet?

see

No, half-casters are used for gish classes, like Magus.

Can a dueling sword be used with Iomedae's divine fighting technique? The description of the dueling sword says it functions like a longsword.

Functions, but isn't, so no unless the GM says otherwise.

now post the response showing the build

I need your help, guys. Been playing 5e for quite some time, before that 3.5e. Now my playerswant to kinda return to the root, except with pathfinder. Is there some kind of mandatory reading list except phb/dmg?

That pretty much does it I'd say, maybe read up on the other classes from their various sources, or just browse the PFSRD or Archive of Nethys online.

What are some cool low level 3rd party adventures / monster books I can find in the trove that I can mine for an upcoming hexcrawl I'm planning?

Why so?

>Paizo launches Starfinder
>Half the rules are broken, doesn't even half a bestiary
>Everyone forgets about it
>Paizo is just now admitting they'll put more effort into Starfinder

Wow, too little too late?

It was too late from the moment they announced it if not before.

do you have a single fact to back that up

Yeah,
#1 - That's terror

Not interested in Starfinder and please keep your Starfinder out of my Pathfinder.
One of my wife's sons was excited about Starfinder...until he saw how different it was from Pathfinder. He is no longer interested. Starfinder will not find it's way into my home. Pathfinder will never leave our hearts--mine or my wife's 5 sons.

6/10, you didn't emphasize the soyboy behavior but floundered in emphasizing your wife's many sons.

#2 - That's terror

Well done!

I'm a little confused about how drawbacks are supposed to work in Spheres of Might. Just to check: If I take the Scout sphere through an archetype or the Extra Combat Talent feat, I don't actually get the Scout ability until I've spent a talent to overcome that drawback and Moving Target is the first actual talent I get. Is that right?

Have any of you tried out Aethera at all? I've been sitting on the book since it came out, and I think it's pretty neat, but haven't had an opportunity to run it yet.

I like the setting itself, but I'd prefer to use some of the rules in it (particularly the aetherships) for my own setting; particularly since it favors more the fantasy side of "space fantasy" than Starfinder does,

Are chickens playable?

Yes

What are their stats?

They are dead.

At least 5

So what games are currently recruiting?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves

So my GM, the absolute madman, gave our group three (3) scrolls of permanency.
What spells would you recommend to be made permanent? Keep in mind that since we are talking about a scroll, the CL limit is 12.

Really? 6/10? That's still a passing grade, I would have given it a 4/10 tops.

>High School SoL

The absolute state of /pgg/

I got interested in it after the evil game bamboozled me in a single night.

How does that work with the gp requirement to cast permanency?
Any material components would have to be expended before the scroll is made, but the gold cost varies depending on what spell you make permanent
If your gm's answer is "don't worry about it," then use them all on create demiplane.

Some kind of flight spell is a must for any of your meleers. After that, find a buff you'd love to have permanently on one of the characters in the party.

For the third, save it for a demiplane.

>Starfinder
>"Our influences include Big O and Robotech"
>Core rules don't have any mechs

>d20
>mecha
Literally just refluff 4e if you must have your beloved d20.

Robotech is in the space ships
But damn, I want some mechs bad

Does anyone know why Feral Hunter isn't seen as a common one level dip for a +2 to a physical stat?

Is that just sub-optimal compared to what else you can get out of a single level, or is it just the few builds that do multi-class frequently do so for a very specific option, like crane wing builds used to?

Because some people might not want hunter flavor and honestly a level for measly+2 to a stat isn't fucking worth it if you're playing classes worth a fucking shit. especially when Alchemist and Barbarians exist.
>Is that just sub-optimal compared to what else you can get out of a single level,
Pretty much this.

What is the setting like fampire, and what did you especially like and hate?

Apparently material costs are still a thing so yeah, we would have to fork over the 20k for demiplane.
Plus the GM mentioned that us getting high level scrolls all willy nilly could lead into a cold war type arms race.
>"If you could just easily buy level 9 scrolls the enemies will eventually start carrying Time Stop and Gate scrolls"
Flight is a nifty choice. As for buffs I was asking if you guys had any suggestions.
Not that I am too lazy to look into them, I just want to hear what you hold in high regard.

Is enlarge person too pedestrian to waste a scroll on?

>Is enlarge person too pedestrian to waste a scroll on?
It's not. Realistically, it's a considerable bonus to any melee characters, due to reach, additional strength, and that sort of thing.

True sight might also be worthy of consideration.

What's the easiest way to get a big cat animal companion on a fighter?

be a ranger

I don't see True Sight/Seeing listed in the permanency list nor is it mentioned in the spell description.

Speaking of that, there are some spells that can be made permanent but aren't listed under permanency. Is there any definitative list outside of PFSRD or Archives of Nethys (or in there if I happen to be a blind idiot)?

IIRC the spells listed in the Permanency chart are mostly there for reference so you can use them as a comparison for the costs of other spells.

No, they're there because you're not supposed to be able to make something like True Seeing or Haste permanent. The clause about spells outside the list is mostly because it was printed in corebook and therefore the original list doesn't include non-core spells.

For a less trash game: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon

>Argentum game
>Starting in rusty dagger shanktown
>Not complete trash

>Argentum
>less trash

How does SoM stack up against PoW in a game that allows both?
Should I just pack it up and head home?

Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ.

Literally anything is better than le reddit high school weeb ERP game. I'd rather cut my dick off playing Living World shit than that.

Thoughts on the alternative action economy system in Pathfinder Unchained? I'm thinking of using it for my upcoming campaign.

so don't app, grow up.

>Being such a boring cunt that you think a game set in a college setting is the worst thing ever
I hope your group kicks you out for being an autist

Are you that starved for games? Nobody's telling you "you have to play X hours a week or we'll shoot you", user.

Playing a Keen Kitsune (Cha bonus swapped for Int) Eldritch Scoundrel for the sheer deal of having fun as an out of his luck gambler avoiding debts, ask me anything.

I can't remember the exact synopsis, but I think it winds up accidentally buffing casters and nerfing martials? Don't quote me on that, I might have it backwards.

Literally breaks the balance of half the classes in the game. Warpriest becomes unplayable and it literally triples the shittiness of rusty dagger shanktown

How many layers of Wuxia is your character on?

Does anyone have the Disciple's Doctrine player companion? It's not in the trove
If someone has it and is willing to copy it, could you find the Skill Familiarity Social Trait? It's not on Nethys or D20PFSRD.

Check a couple threads back, got posted there.

>Wuxia
>Spellbook
Not many.

If a Scout Rogue only gets SA after moving 10' and performing an attack action, does Circling Mongoose actually work with it since it's a full-round action? Speaking of the Scout, is the Spring-Heeled Style chain worth taking or just the first feat?

Snout or no? Is Eldritch Scoundrel decent or good? Who do they worship?

So I'm an idiot who forgot subsequent attacks allow you to count as flanking with Circling Mongoose, so that's real damn useful for SA.

>looking to do some CHA druid shit

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo-druid-archetypes/feyspeaker-druid-archetype/

this tradeoff seems.. Really bad

It's a casting-focused Druid archetype that can cherrypick enchantment/illusion spells. It's not bad at all.

hmm, I guess i missed the enchantment illusion cherrypick

pretty much

That seems really backwards when they spend a good deal of text explaining what abilities you get when you pick a sphere for the first time, but okay. I guess those martial traditions that give out variant talents are meant to be used to patch that problem up, but I feel like they could've just added more drawbacks.

Is Vexing Daredevil worth the trade off of touch treatment and bold stares in a party that has a decent amount of raw damage already just to enable the sneak attacker some more specifically because I know that the campaign I am going to play in has plenty situations and enemies that make flanking a chore?

Just got core rules and bestiary 1. For some reason I want 3 rulebooks tho. What should the 3rd be?

Path of War

I mean I'm going full on 'fuck the human side' of things. I'm only level 2 now, but it seems pretty fun so far. I'm using it on the Unchained Rogue, so I get the benefits of Finesse training and such.

At the moment none - most of the spells I've been taking are meant toward keeping me away from combat or smacking someone in a way that allows me to run away from them.

>hours change at work
>even before, would miss sunday game tomorrow
>but now i go to work one hour before the game and get off long after the game ends

luckily i'll have future sundays off but this is a biweekly game and it just so happens to coincide with the busiest weekend at the place i work

"You don't gain the base ability of this sphere, but you instead gain this talent as a bonus talent"

It works the same as some Spheres of Power drawbacks

Touch Treatment and Bold Stares are very much worth it. If you already have damage, keep them, you're better at debuffing

Path of War, Ultimate Psionics, or Spheres of Power. Paizo doesn't deserve any of your money.
Well, you can buy Weapon Master's Handbook as a good splat.