/swg/ - QT Pilots Edition

Post about FFG, X-Wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars related!

Previous edition: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada objective article (aimed at newer players)
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/26/a-plan-for-everything/

Fleet Troopers Unit Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/defend-the-fleet/
Leia Organa Commander Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/inspire-rebellion/

Are cute girl pilots a part of your games?

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:100,-1,-1:61:16:U.-1,U.243;269:100,-1,-1:61:16:U.-1,U.243;78:170,36,251:-1:9:&sn=Thar She Blows&obs=
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:220,-1,-1:56:16:U.109,U.246;269:220,-1,-1:56:16:U.109,U.246;208:140,44,-1,147:42:31:&sn=Gunboat Diplomacy&obs=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Always

yes

and they're sacrificed by the dozen for the good of the empire

Last thread somebody was trying to say you could keep up with the Armada meta with just a 200$ investment

user that's like 4 of every box plus about a dozen ships that aren't even in the game

AKA the pool of ships organized players typically have to chose from.

As soon as I saw her I loved the film.

Still sad about her fate, though. I'd have liked to see more of her.

That's a nice fleet.
N-no boner what are you doing.

I had to come up with a support squadron on the fly in my game and named them the Q-T Squadron (short for Quick Transfer). They are the rebel cell equivalent of soviet russia's Night Witches e.g all-female squadron that fly outdated but scarily effective fighter-bombers. The squadron currently flies a rag-tag mix of Toscan 8-Qs, CloakShapes and two M-Class starfighters cobbled together from six crashed Clone-war era Y-Wings.

Hey /swg/ I'm at the Regionals in Georgia

Card user I saw someone with the Krayt Cup Ben Swolo card

I've got TFA core, Punishing One, Guns for Hire, and a StarViper, and I'd like to play a casual game at the LGS without needing proxy upgrades (though I'll ask while I'm there if they're cool with proxies, for next time). I threw this together with what I actually have: If I bring it to a casual game is it an auto-lose? Will they piss in my face and tell me to get the fuck out of the store? I'm new and don't have a good feel for list-building yet. I don't need to win, I just don't want to bring something that's a waste of time for the other guy.

>Dengar
>Calculation, Boba Fett, Hull Upgrade

>Guri
>Rage, Proton Torpedoes, SV Mk 2, Virago, Guidance Chips, Feedback Array

>Cartel Marauder
>Vaksai, Harpoon Missiles, Guidance Chips, Vectored Thrusters, Stealth Device

does any of you remember what was the name of the boardgame that was the ancestor of star-wars armada ? it had round bases, and the minis were really gorgeous

That's the fun thing about X-Wing. If you aren't going up against turbo-effective tournament lists almost every ship is usable. Just tell the peeps at your LGS that you're new and don't have mush to use yet. If they are good players they won't stomp you into the ground with tournament lists from the start.

So we’re agreed from the last thread that Tallie is a ca/tg/irl, right?

She's a /co/ meme

I'm brainstorming up a 2xRho+friend list. Which one of these would you rather go up against?

Thar She Blows (2x Ruthless Harpoon Rho + Echo)
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:100,-1,-1:61:16:U.-1,U.243;269:100,-1,-1:61:16:U.-1,U.243;78:170,36,251:-1:9:&sn=Thar She Blows&obs=

Gunboat Diplomacy (2x Expertise Jam/Flechette Rho + Quickdraw)
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:220,-1,-1:56:16:U.109,U.246;269:220,-1,-1:56:16:U.109,U.246;208:140,44,-1,147:42:31:&sn=Gunboat Diplomacy&obs=

Those faggots on /co/ are all pedos, they can't have any interest in an actual woman.

>Most popular girls are Ahsoka, Barris and Senator Chuchi
>/co/ are pedos
What did the neckbeard mean by this

Aren't Barris and Ahsoka around 16-17 during TCW? They're not exactly kids, but still.

If i recall correctly Ahsoka is 14 in season 1

I really liked Donnie Yen's character in Rogue One, and his sacrifice-- never getting to become a Jedi or see the Jedi restored when it was his dream-- really hit me hard.

What did you think? Of that character, not necessarily the movie overall.

Ahsoka and Barris are teenagers in TCW (which is when /co/ started the "orange buttcheeks" meme), and Chuchi looks like a teenager.

which means 17 by the end of the war

i think he should have had a sword rather than a staff, blind swordmaster who emulates the jedi? yes please, several samurai tropes in one

Donnie Yen isn't a Nip. It wouldn't make sense for him to use a katana Weeb-kun.

I thought he was a likable character, although that may be due to Donnie Yen himself. Neither he nor his heterosexual life partner had much of an effect on the plot though; I think he was mostly just there to bring in discussion of the Force.

I thought he was enjoyable, but wasted on Rogue One.

not a katana, cause lightsabers arent katana shaped (dont talk about darksaber!)

just a sword, he looked up to the jedi so hard and he uses a walking stick? no, no thank you sir

I loved that he was trying to make a lightsaber and they never outright said so.

There is plenty of precedent of Jedi using walking sticks and I am not just talking about Yoda.

Transparent China pandering whose displays of skill against stormtroopers were ruined by the troopers being played as ineffectual and comedic for the vast majority of the film.

>troopers being played as ineffectual and comedic for the vast majority of the film.
So just like all Star Wars movies you retarded Impfag

Only Endor, and even then only briefly when caught off guard by the fuzzy vietcong.

I wish Lucas hadn't chickened out of JarJar being revealed as a Sith master.

ca/tg/irl Tallie > aspergers Tallie T B H

Now you are moving the goal posts. Stormtroopers had a bad showing in ANH and in ESB on cloud city. The only time they didn't look like shit is on board the Tantive 4 and that was because the Rebels were demoralized by Vader.

>The only time they didn't look like shit is on board the Tantive 4 and that was because the Rebels were demoralized by Vader.

Because the Tantive 4 wasn't defended by plot armoured protagonists.

You mean Wizards' Miniatures game?

Isn't there some evidence that Storm Troopers only suck when opposing Force users are around, subtly messing with their aim?

I think I remember reading that in every scene where there are no Jedi around, they come off as competent, but I haven't paid enough attention.

Well say that instead of unsubtly shitting on Rogue One for doing something the entire saga is guilty of. What are you RLM?

>Liking a 22 year old character played by a 24 year old actress makes you a pedophile

Tantive IV vader didn't step out till they were all dead. Hoth was also a damn good showing.

Cloud City they suddenly got turned on by the local police coordinated by a cyborg who knew their every move. And they still sent everyone running.

I'm not that guy.

Ahsoka wasn't 22 when the orange buttcheeks meme started.

They knew Vader was coming, and in Hoth they had overwhelming numbers. Cloud City they also had numbers on their side. Imps only ever win when they zerg their enemies in canon. I think Stormtroopers do better and kill more in Rogue One than in any OT film.

He is talking about Tallie you fucking idiot

I simply love them all mang.

I was talking about Tallie. I'll admit that the whole thing with Ashoka kinda rubs me the wrong way plus I think her Rebels incarnation is cuter regardless.

Wrong! Rebels Ahsoka looks like a boring generic white girl. Not to mention her costume is worse.

That's why he said they WOULDN'T have interest in an actual woman, you silly goose.

Well, now I feel stupid.

24? That's pretty close to my age. I don't know, what do you think? You think an actress and a guy like me--

No.

Here's the forest green TOR Trooper requested in the last thread.

>Spoilers
Second.

Now make me a dark blue version and remove the logo-like circle thing on the shoulder pad.

They needed more characters like him. The ensemble cast was too large and not that interesting for the most part.

>aspergers Tallie

the what now

>aspergers Tallie

What is wrong with /co/?

Tarkin, get the Death Star

>666

Anyway /co/ has deduced based on her thumbs up and her chuckle during the battle that Tallie is autistic/has aspergers

So one of my payers wants to craft a specific piece of gear (N-57 armor) in the books, what should set the difficulty/cost at?

>remove the logo-like circle thing on the shoulder pad.

That's a little beyond my skill level. All I did was adjust the hue and saturation in PS.

>space fighter pilots giving each other cocky banter in a light-hearted sci-fi movie is now a sign of autism

At least we know who the real autists are now.

alright just make it dark blue

>Poe, an experienced veteran who's spent years in the NR and Resistance militaries, spends a solid minute trolling Hux with cringeworthy jokes and has a huge meltdown when Admiral Purplehair won't tell him her plan
>"Ah, I see, this is completely normal."
>Tallie, a relatively young pilot, gives a thumbs-up to her friends and chuckles a bit in the excitement of combat
>"WOAH AUTISTIC MUCH?!?"

why is /co/ like this

It is a call for help for a disease that can only be solved by BDZ

How's this?

you’re the best user, didn’t even realize anyone saw my ask

perfect

can’t tell which I like better for NR armor. I think Legends NR is green mainly for infantry, or that’s a leftover idea from the Wizards SWM game not sure

I posted one in the last thread, but I think it died soon after.

The meta of Armada is such that you don't need that kind of selection to be competitive.

That royal blue = Homeworlds defense, an opposite to the Empire/Old Republic using red to signify this.

Green = general field infantry, like the guys actually out in the field.

I mean, if you want to be able to field every single possible permutation of fleets up to 500 points, yeah you'll need that many ships.

But you don't need that to win, not even remotely. You can pick a list based on pure fluff and still come out middle of the pack. The trick to winning lies less in what you bring and more in how you bring it.

Even Satan knows /swco/ is shit.

Senatorial Guards and the Old Republic judiciary forces (the republic military before it was officially a "military" in the GAR sense) used royal blue heavily in their coloring. This can be seen primarily in Phantom Menace.

Yes but when Sheev took over, he slowly turned it into red, see the Royal Guard and the troops in Episode III.

Even then, it depends on your "fluff." If you make an imperial list based around an ISD flagship, it's starfighter sqaudrons, and a support ship or two...chances are, you made a pretty competitive list. On the other hand, if you crack open your box and bring out a pound of Raiders and nothing else for the game...some lists you'll wipe the floor with, others will do the opposite.

i was assuming u were talking the old republic before palps since he was only one chancellor

now do a flip

TLT spam is the worst

>Yes but when Sheev took over, he slowly turned it into red, see the Royal Guard and the troops in Episode III.

The red guards are a separate thing. They actually appear in Episode II where we also see Senate Guards and are more a representation of the Supreme Chancellor's authority separate from the Senate. There is I think only one source attesting to a change from blue -> red (and it's mostly background art in a legends comic), which is about as legit in my opinion as this comic cover showing NR guardsmen, who never actually appear in the comic itself.

Still, I think Sheev likely emphasised on red for authority, and going with blue for the NR's guardsmen, I think it could fit for their 'homeworlds guard' troopers to be painted blue, as here

Anyone have stats for an adult Krayt Dragon?

Slow thread, post how you'd develop Best Girl without turning her into a drooling retard.

Let her successfully complete a mission before she dies.

The First Order sent us to Hell, but we're going deeper.Take back everything we've lost

Poe, I'm already a Sithspawn.

Let's see. Young, enthusiastic pilot, decent skill level. If she survived the attack run, I could see her being one of the ones to help Poe stage his coup. Beyond that should she survive the rest of the movie, the next would probably have her be Poe's second on command in what I hope will be the newly reincarnated Rouge Squadron, or maybe the leader of her own squadron, probably another a-wing unit. Beyond that, I'm not very inventive, so someone else might have better ideas.

>Poe, you should be in this escape pod! There'd have been no hyperspace ram if it weren't for your precious plan! I risked my life trying to save you all! How can you do this? Am I the only sane one here? I... My... It's not my fault...

Rogue Squadron doesn't even exist in Nu-Canon, it never existed beyond the Battle of Hoth.

Honestly even she's not as shitty as Huey "the man who was cucked to death" Emmerich

Yeah, Holdo was an ass, but she at the very least had good intentions.

Who IS the Huey of Star Wars, though?

So, how do dogfights work in Star Wars since there's not really a height advantage?

I've been wondering about that myself. I'm planning on her appearing in my Imperial Civil War era Legends campaign as a New Republic pilot that assists the players on a mission or two later down the line.

I don't have a ton beyond that, aside from not unceremoniously killing her of some 20 minutes after her being introduced, unlike Rian Johnson.

>Genius engineer
>Forced to work for people who abuse him
>Terrible relations with his offspring
>Designs weaknesses into superweapons

I can dream damnit ok?

Make her Space Peppermint Patty, e.g. a loud, brash tomboy with a friendly, soft side who idolizes her dad.

Is she in lesbians with a cute mousy girl in thick glasses?

Are those mel's venators from shapeways?

Mind a picture of them? Are they good? I'm very very tempted to buy from Mel's