magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Do we really need all these Art Sources?
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fjsuEv52
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the best custom card you've ever seen that left an impression on you?

As a Vorthos, I love this card.

Experimenting with this Chandra some more. Trying out a four-ability template since an user pointed out having some sort of creature pump would make sense if she really is supposed to be a Warcaster. For some reason, planeswalkers don't really get pumps that affect all your creatures at once. Is there some reason for that I just don't understand?

Anyway, still concerned about the power of the first ability so I upped the card cost from 2RR to 3RR.

Jesus, how would that last ability even work?
>Target player reveals his or her library. You may cast any number of cards from that player's library and you may spend mana as thought it were mana of any type to cast them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Not even bothering with the Zombies thing.

This is how I would design an actually interesting Jeskai commander.

I need help. I just realized that if everyone's flipping three coins, losing will be pretty hard. So I'm at a crossroads. Do I either make the three coin thing one-sided for just me, or make the punishment for losing even more severe? I want to make a good Coin Flip Chaos commander, but I also think there aren't a ton of cards that make opponents flip over you.

Art in use, stopped reading there

How is the pricing on this card? I wanted it to be a combination of Star of Extinction and Tower of Calamities.

It's just a placeholder until I can find better Genie art.

>The genie doesn't grant you wishes
>unplayably underpowered
meh/10

Changed Blackest Day from 3 lifeloss to 1. Hopefully these are finished now.

This is why I'm a Vorthos.

>Players can't search libraries.
Eh, really not liking this on a creature outside Bolt range.

Like the art, but ability should be vanishing and not fading and I think if the flavor is that the counters represent wishes, you should get something when you remove one instead of the wish ability you have.

Won't be anyone posting anything I ever made, that's for sure. I've seen a lot of good stuff pass through these threads, so it's hard to say what's best. I don't think there is a 'best'.

This one's a classic.

Consider replacing the tap ping on the tokens with pingstrike or something similar. Might play better overall. I miss her being RW; seeing a Chandra with another color on her was nice. I don't care for the -1; It's just bland. Though I can see why you'd include it. If you change the +1 to what I suggested, making you want to swing with the tokens instead of sit back, it'll mesh a lot better with her kit overall. I'd change the ult to noncreature spell to mimic Prowess.

I'd make him only create one token and have it cost 1, but other than that, he's pretty neat. I'd also make him say "other creatures" since that's the traditional lord wording now, and you'd just give him Prowess if you want him to have it.

Honestly it being a hasty 4/4 flier makes it worth the cost, and the rest is just whatever. Just take the cost off the penalty since losing is so hard now. "If an opponent loses a flip, destroy a random nonland permanent that player controls."

I don't really get why people make huge, expensive cards like this. I guess since they don't appeal to me it's hard to see the appeal in general. Also the ability being hard red to use and it having no utility outside red makes it feel bad. At least make the cost 8 2/R 2/R so other colors can use it.

They seem alright to me.

Fixed this card based on feedback from last thread. It really didn't have any business not being at least partially red.

I do want him to have prowess, and also to give it to others, so the wording I currently have accomplishes that. Agree about the tokens.

I'm the user with the giant cannon. It's the first card I ever made. I'm using it in an adventure as part of the final boss's deck. His ability is to tap himself instead of sacrificing an artifact.

Thanks for the input. I'll change it to use 2/R.

More complicated and thus less interesting Monastery Mentor.

Since the other user was doing Jeskai commander.

>I don't really get why people make huge, expensive cards like this.
It's the Timmy mindset. "Yeah, it's totally impractical to use... But it would be awesome if you could pull it off."

>Chandra
If I'm not using ping, I think I'd rather just make the tokens as simplified as possible, so I'll probably just leave them with Haste and nothing else. But I might make the pump also give FStrike to make up for that.

>They seem alright to me.
Cool, thanks.

>card
I just don't really see this as a Vampire, or an Advisor. I feel like this should be changed to a RW creature. Possibly a legend. I mean, that ability will get crazy huge. Which is also why I think the cost should be upped to at least 5 CMC.

If it works for what you need it for, great, but I didn't know the context of the card so I had no idea why you did what you did. I just came at it from the angle of trying to make it work better in the grander game in general.

>Timmy mindset
I guess I used to think that way. Teeka's Dragon was one of my favorite cards back in the day.

>Chandra
Sounds good.

>Vampire
Did you notice I reworked it to be more like Fumiko so it's not based on total power now? Advisor is because it's the only subtype we have for nobility. I'd do Noble if they'd just make it damn type already.

>Sam
The return to hand thing feels a bit much.

>Did you notice I reworked it to be more like Fumiko so it's not based on total power now?
For some reason, I totally missed that. Sorry. I guess it's OK now. I'm still not sure on giving it Flying, but it's basically Fumiko without the second ability now, which can be a plus due to the design.

>Sam
Wanted to have it recur somehow since in the comics he died then came back a lot. Will probably stick it in the library instead of the hand then.

Looks bretty gud.

Reposting this since some user cross-linked it to another thread about MtG and I thought it was nice that someone actually like it. It seems to always work that way with my stuff; I put it out, gets ignored, disliked, or catches flak, then I hear later about people who liked it so I don't feel dumb having kept the card anyway. These threads can be strange places sometimes.

>Cunning
Vigilance but better? Not really a fan. First due to the similarity with Vigilance, but second because it allows blocking through tapdown, meaning one of the best way to make sure a creature can't block for a turn just gets ignored.

Yeah, while they both allow for an attacker to also be a blocker, they work a bit differently regarding activated abilities and stuff, though in some ways it's the Shadow/Flying argument. Also it screwing tapdown just means it's good at screwing its own home colors, so... I don't really see that as a problem. Hexproof can screw tapdown too, and Flying ignores a host of stuff. Keywords rendering things moot doesn't really make them bad, I don't think. Because a lot of them do it.

This muddles the board state, particularly large ones where you can't quickly check which creatures can block or not. It's also vigilance in non-vigilance colors. It player differently with activated abilities, but vigilance still works with those. I don't think there is much gain for the all additional complexity.

>Enchant permanent you control
or
>Enchanted permanent has exalted.

What is wrong with the way that card is currently worded?

If you put the Aura onto something you cobtrol then another player gains control of that permanent, you still get Exalted, not the controller of the enchanted permanent, which seems to be counterintuitive to the purpose of the card.

"Colored artifacts" was such a weak theme, Esper really got shafted. Anyway, maybe change it so if the attacking creature is an artifact creature you out a +1/+1 counter on it in addition to the temporary +1/+1 pump?

not sure how to format this card exactly. Basically, I want to print rampant growth, but you can play it with flash if you pay 1 more to cast it.
yes i am aware they said rampant growth is too good for standard but you can suck my cock

...You can upload the card any minute now.

Naya was the shard that got shafted. At least people could tell Esper's thing was colored artifacts. The real problem is it shouldnt be a faction's "thing", it should just be a general artifact tool. Apparently theyre starting to think of it that way after Kaladesh bit them again for their unwillingness to really go all in on colored artifacts when they matter but still.

Colored artifacts are kind of a weird place to be honest. Artifacts are supposed to be colorless so every color can use them, then you get these artifacts that are color restricted anyway.

Does this count as quads?

>UB has narrow, shitty shared design space
>WB has narrow, shitty shared design space
>WU has good design space
Esper was a doomed shard to begin with. It can't ever have good set-wide mechanics. It's the worst shard to design for.

I think this would be "Each creature has base power and toughness 2/2." Also at that cost it's super powerful in weenie token decks. Look at Humility.

"I've blocked your fiery arrows with my wall! Now I... throw them back at you?"

I think we'll get a 4 ability card for each of the Gatewach walkers sooner or later. Can you come up with a 4 abilitiy version for Gideon, Liliana or Nissa? Or Ajani?

4 ability walkers are easy, just throw another generic onto it.

>4 ability walkers are easy
>[no pic attached]
???

>Lili 2BB
>+1: everybody may sacrifice creature, who didn't sacrifice discards
>0: pay 2 life, draw
>-3: Reanimate from any GY, sac at EoT
>-6: Emblem with Yawgmoth's Will
>[4]

I like gideon so I want to do one but I cant right now.

Gideon is hard because his creature ability takes up so much text and you can't dynamically adjust the ability box sizes in the editor.

In the SJWs cycle

Anyone know of good place for treefolk art?
The googles just returns mtg art.

Search for Treants are Ents instead.

This is probs too stronk.

Thanks, my dude.

If it costed 4 mana to cast and 4 life to return, it should be fine.

Just finished polishing this. It might be handy to add it to future OPs.

pastebin.com/fjsuEv52

I always wanted a card like this. Wording is probably atrocious.

As a note, I imagine the treefolk change to be similar to Dryad Arbor, where you can play the creature as your land for the turn.
Might cause some fuckery with the land per turn rule as they become non-land when they leave the library.

First ability made me IRL facepalm. Cut out the first ability, change last ability to
>You may play the top card of your library if it's a Forest or Treefolk card.

I like it.

But then you can't tutor for Treefolk with Forest tutors.

...And?

>facepalms
>proceeds to suggest a change that fundamentally changes the way the card operates.

And the change you suggest makes the card completely different, turning it into a shitty oracle of mul daya.
Retard.

...How?

I would do something like this:
>Treefolk creature cards in your library are forest lands in addition to their other types.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a forest, you may put it into play.
Avoids a lot of the casting bullshit and arguments that would no doubt ensue.
You don't understand how good tutors are? Or you don't understand how OMD is just better than that card with your suggested change?

>deviantArt
eh. Artstation has better art overall, and you don't have to worry about encountering shit art as often. Pintrest is also a good place to find art.

>Or you don't understand how OMD is just better than that card with your suggested change?
This.

Costs far less and enables much more ramp. Has Elf synergy which is more powerful than Treefolk synergy.
Your change makes the card strictly a ramp engine and a "your hand size is 8" effect.
Your change also makes cards like Sylvan Scrying, Realm Seekers, and pic related now have no interaction.

>Your change makes the card strictly a ramp engine and a "your hand size is 8" effect.
That's being generous.

>strictly a ramp engine
>Forest or Treefolk

>Your change also makes cards like Sylvan Scrying, Realm Seekers, and pic related now have no interaction.
And nothing of value was lost. Why should cheap land tutors freely get creatures onto the battlefield?

>Why should the game do anything

Quote the whole thing next time. Of course what I said makes no sense if you cherry pick parts of the comment like that.

Because its stapled to a 6 mana creature that doesn't do anything the turn it enters the battlefield?

OK.
>Has Elf synergy which is more powerful than Treefolk synergy.
Oh, OMD allows you to play Elf cards from the top of your library?
Oh, it doesn't?

>Being this retarded

Hey, is that a card that allows you to tutor creatures straight to the battlefield by using any effect that can tutor a Forest to the battlefield? Oh, it's not?

Yeah, it must be a unique experience. You'll have to tell us what it's like.

There aren't a lot of those effects, tbqh. Basic lands, yes, forests, no.
Also, missing the point. You seem to do that a lot.

>There aren't a lot of those effects
>So it's OK to break the shit out of them.
>Fetchlands, what're those?

>Artifact elsesh norn
No thanks

>instant and sorcery
Card seems like a really cool idea. Pump might be overcosted though? Not really sure, just seems like it would need a bit of setup just to reach 1:1 ratio with mana to power.

If something's broken because of fetchlands, I'm pretty sure it's fetchland's fault.

This is neat, though I don't see it in black.

Shouldn't choose because it involves a hidden zone. At least I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be done here. Might be easier to say
>you may put up to two Equipment cards grom your hand and/or graveyard onto the battlefield.