Castles n Shit

I support this sentiment. Don't have a lot of actual castles, but I'll post some cool stuff.

This tread is what I need, thank you based op.

Time to paint castles

The first time I saw a drawing of a ziggurat I completely misread the scale of the building and thought the rectangular holes were windows on some gargantuan edifice. That brief misunderstanding was enough to get me hooked on ancient architecture though so it's all good.

Castles n Shit

Where are your garderobes?

>n shit
This is fucking ridiculous, there's not a single picture of shit in this whole thread.
Fucking liar.

Fail Castle.

Don't bully it.

Here you go user.

Judging by how most of the mountains are covered in homes, how is there enough space for a water supply that supports such elegant waterfalls? The blessing of a god?

>This is fucking ridiculous, there's not a single picture of shit in this whole thread.
Well I tried to upload a picture of yer mum but the file size was too large.

With a low outer wall this could work perfectly for a take-the-castle scenario in the desert that I'm working on

Race to the top of the pyramid to stop the ritual is a time honored plot device. Pity none of the actual shrines at the top have survived. Back in the day they would be the centrepiece for a whole temple complex which could easily be fortified.

Unrelated German castle, with the slightly unsual feature of being jointly owned by multiple branches of the same extended family that each built their own area inside the walls.

Fucking beautiful, where is this?

That's Spis Castle in Slovakia.