Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

I didn't want to be right Edition

Previous Thread: Latest news
>warhammer-community.com/2018/01/30/legions-nagash-grand-host-nagash-new-summoninggw-homepage-post-2/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/legions-nagash-legion-sacrament/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/legions-nagash-legion-blood-prince-vhordraigw-homepage-post-2/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/02/02/legion-night-bloodseeker-palanquingw-homepage-post-2/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Inb4 Morathi has a mastectomy

Big Morathi tits right in my face

How long til DoK get a start collecting because I aint payin that much for a box of 10 witch elves

>57774720
aaaaaaaaaaaand there we go

Malign Portents Summary:

New Spell: Value 6, enemy within 18" loses 2 bravery.

New Command Ability: Pick friendly unit within 12", roll a d6. If it is lower than the models they have lost, then you give them +1 attack.

New Command Ability: Pick a friendly unit within 3" of your dude. You can transfer wounds between the two. Your guy gains wounds, while the unit loses them.

Battles in the Realm of Death have a buff/debuff on them which applies to both players. D6 is rolled at the start of the game.

1. No effect.
2. At the start of your hero phase, roll a dice. On a 6, an enemy unit of your choice suffers d3 mortal wounds.
3. Start of your hero phase, roll a dice. On a 6, pick an enemy unit and roll dice equal to the number of models it has, on a 5+ it suffers 1 MW.
4. -1 Bravery for units within 1" of any scenery.
5. +1 Bravery for all units
6. +1 to casting rolls

Power of Death:

At the start of every turn, if units have been slain before (Does not happen in the first turn therefore). Roll a D6 and add 1 for every slain unit (Friend or Foe). Consult chart, goes from 2-10. Does various things like doing damage to the enemy, healing your guys etc.

Prophecy Points:

Gain 3 for being on the realm of Death. 3 for having a Harbinger. 3 for having a hero in a Warscryer Citadel. 1 for each priest/wizard. These regenerate each turn, act like command points for 40k otherwise. Don't carry over, so it doesn't spill over.

You have 6 'portents' to pick from which have 6 abilities to use which cost phophecy points. 1 of the 6 portents has an ability to give a unit +1 to hit in shooting for 5 prophecy points, 1 allows you to reroll a unbinding roll for 1 prophecy point etc.

I'm actually really curious about the lore part of both books. Might even buy the MP one if it turns out to be interesting

OP is a faggot

What are you working on /aosg/

So I'm reposting here, trying to build a decent all-rounder 1000pt Fyreslayer list to start off my army that isn't just Vulkite spam. I kinda wanna fit in a Magmadroth and I know I want some Auric Hearthguard. But I have a lot of questions. I'd like to stay competitive without resorting to cheesehammer.

Who is the best general?
>Runeson on Magmadroth, with his three charge dice within 10"
>Runefather with his bodyguard rule and the 2" extra pile-in

>What's the use of Hearthguard Berserkers? Monster/Big guy hunting? Is the only way to run them is in blobs of 30?

>What allies would be good to bring? A Knight Heraldor maybe?

>Is Forge Brethren or Warrior Kinband worth running at low points cost? I really like the Forge Brethren rules, but it does mean I have to keep my Runesmiter above ground for a while. Kinband is alright but they just recently nerfed it. Didn't Lords of the Lodge get nerfed too?

Can anyone come up with a halfway decent 1000pt list for me to build up from?

Doombull!

Thundertusk for my Frostlord.

Is there any reason to magnetize SCE other than to make painting easier?
I'm working on my tau shit and I just realized that thanks to no wargear points there must be so much less reasons to magnetize AoS models. Yeah, there are models like stormfiends but what else?

I don't get it. Unless I read the preview wrong you can play with old allegiances and still benefit for the new faction allegiances in LoN. So this is an all around buff for death that doesn't even force you to play soup.

Reposting from last thread:

I‘m looking to add a big „centerpiece“ model to my Bretonnian army. I’m jealous of all my friends having a giant monster.

I‘m essentially running mixed order currently (my peasants are „counts as freeguild guards“+lots of Bretonnian Knights), so I could technically use any big Order monster that works well. I‘d obviosly convert the model up with a Bretonnian rider on top for awesomeness sake.

Currently I‘m looking at
>Freeguild Griffon General
>Dragon Lord
>Frostheart/Flameheart Pheonix
>Stardrake

Can somebody redpill me on what these guys do? Or any other suggestions?

Tier 3

Tier 3. Theyre really good on the charge but its too easy to deny them that charge. Trebuchet crew are too easy to snipe.

Its not magnetized, its a subassembly

AOSG Status.

So, how has it been going? Worth looking into yet?

build a huge-ass trebuchet on 160mm base

Do a dragon fighting a knight like At George and the Dragon. Would be a cool piece and you could run it as a any number of ally-able dragon like monsters. Stardrake, elf dragon or even magmadroth

Yes it's cool.

Yes, just avoid this general during real american soy-posting hours.

People are salty because I posted a soup meme but other than that it's surprisingly fine. Like "how do I fit nids into AoS"-times fine

Soon

>Download army books for StD to read about their WHFB lore
>It turns out that StD battle trait is just a recycled WHFB system
I don't mind it because it's still fluffy etc but at this point GW could just copy-paste 50% of the army book, add some new lore and pics and call it a battletome.

Good. Vampires are absolute shit heads that fuck up everything. The future is Skeletal and Ghostly.

A on foot vampire lord, a Necromancer wretch, and some Black Knights. Also some Grave Site tokens.

How much of the Everqueen's beetle can be built without plants and vines?

What are the odds that the command points and Stratagems from the malign portents campaign get rolled into the next edition of matched play rules?

is this some kind of sneaky beta test of 40k 8th mechanics in AOS for v2.0?

How about a Carmine Dragon from Forgeworld?
Due to having no keywords, it's the only monster EXCLUSIVE to Grand Alliance: Order armies.

You'd be the snowflake among snowflakes, people are going to look at ot in awe and ask "what the fuck even is a Carmine Dragon??? These things are in Age of Sigmar??!? Did you make it up?!??" But no, instead it'd be perfectly legal

Silence slave

Sit your pasty ass down.

No pictures at the moment, but I am working on my Poxbringer Toadflux Bugblight (and Skirax). I have chosen to paint Skirax in a yellow colour to contrast the green of the Poxbringer

the pic is an old one, so far I have painted: The horns/bone, the guts, and begun working on Skirax

My goal for Skirax is to be like this centipede

So I am thinking to paint him with the following

>Base with averland sunset
>shade with reikland
>Highlight with abaddon black

He is coming...

Nothing. I ceased all the work while waiting for my queen.

is it true that GW will never release new AOS models for old school dwarfs because it would compete with their Hobbit Dwarf miniatures?

>hobbit miniatures
You mean the miniatures being out of stock for 3 months now? I don't think so

Dispossessed have been reboxxed as such, so I am sure they will get updated. They will probably get reimagined in some way however

How should we know?

It's probable, but not sure, that if they come round to redoing the disposessed, they will do away with the old models and style completely or almost, like they're doing with DoK now (yes, they are keeping the basic witch elves, butthe other models are an evolution of the theme, not repeat of it).

I'm going to second this. That's badass, and no one you play against will forget your army either.

Why do you call it Soup?

>StD support plenty of gamestyles and listbuilding is challenging but there is nearly no real generals. On the other hand no need to worry about nerfs because you can just play with other big armies allegiances. Models are mosty old and ugly but some sculpts are nice and classic
>BCR have great models and fluff but are quite mono-thematic. List building is easy as fuck so you can actually focus on your dudes. Also they are cheap as chips - 3 start collecting boxes can be build as over 2500pts army
Fug, it's so hard to choose

Rolled 2 (1d2)

On a 1, its Slaves. On a 2, its Beastclaw.

With the Dispossesed, I could honestly see them dropping Warriors and Thunderers for the Heavy armored dudes.

You can throw anything in a soup.

So are Vamprie Counts Soup. Cause thats what this army always was.

How would you do Ogre Soup?

Would it work?

I'm guessing just chuck in any old meat and then eat it but I'm curious.

That's a lotta dudes!

They weren't because they were one elemental group.
They got split up into multiple smaller factions that a soup is now composed of.

Question my group is incorporating some rules form 40k. Namely stuff like Character Targeting, Heroic Invervetion, Shooting out of combat and chargers going first.

The question I have is what should the Wound cut off point be. In 40k it's 10 but that does not really work here because of the difference in model and wound sizes between 40k and here.
Currently I am debating between 7 or 8 being the cut off for targeting. Which do you guys think.

Then they got put back together thats not a soup that a fix.

Huh the New great unclean ones are just straight up bigger then the Forgeworld one.

Go with Beastclaw, there aren't many of them

It's a meaningless distinction, and it's just a meme.

tfw 2 Beastclaw players at my LGS and 0 Stormcast

I want to work on my vamps but i gotta do this thing for a friend first

>picks army with no book or updates
>complains
Not too bright are we

Thats awful.

GW ought to make a generic Lich character.
I love Arkhan but I want to play with "My Dudes" so I never play with special characters. Something more than a necromancer and about as grand as a vampire lord. An "Arkhan light" character that is casty and clad in regal plate robes like daddy and uncle themselves.

What the fuck am I watching?

>wanting 'my dudes'
>in Death

Haah Waaw.

Its literally 'Nagash, the faction'.

Go with Destruction if you want 'your dudes'.

Honestly Death suffers from this problem a lot.
Prince this and lord that everywhere.

...Or go with Death's own ""destruction"" themed subfaction.
It's as if ogors and grots had a baby with bonesplitterz.
They're aggressive, insane, hunched over, always hungry and like bone decorations.

Bumping for advice. I've been coming up with lists but I don't know how much I love them. I really wanna use a Magmadroth in the list somewhere but he's tough one to fit. Maybe save him for 1500, for now?

Dispossessed got reboxed?
I thought they were in the pipe for squating?

Can I voluntarily field fewer models as an addition to a unit, as long as I pay for the next increment?

ie, if I want to take the Pleasurebound Warband, could I pay 120 pts for 20 Marauders (60pts per 10 models) and only field 18 to gain the benefits?

I used to very seriously play bretonnia.

Focus on one of the battalions and you have a chance. I used to field the defenders of the realm battalion and Louen with great success. It's about getting across the board and beating your opponents to a pulp with a 16 strong Kotr unit hitting on 2s wounding on 3s rerolling 1s doing on twos, sitting out about 33 damage 2 attacks at rend of 1.

The main problem is against a top tier army like Liberator spam with stardrake and castellant you have no mortal wounds. He's maybe going to fail 4 of those wounds. Same problem with a good Seraphon player or the range/proper bubble wrap of tzeentch.

In terms of a big monster, the Freeguild General is inexpensive and efficient.

The hurricanum is a great piece that helps any order list. Give you +1 to hit and adds some mortal wound output and some magic presence. Of all the dragons the high elf one is my favorite, easily the best breath attack, pair him or any beat stick with a lore master and you're in for a treat (if they make it into combat)

The frost Phoenix is more competitive than its counterpart, and synergizes well with casters.

The Stardrake is really solid, good mortal wound output and a decent beat stick with the ability to swallow a few models a turn, which you get to pick, not your opponent. You can therefore eat a Banner or a musician or even the leader of a group. He can also swallow fat bastards like vargheists on a 5+, which is awesome.

Yes, you have it right.

What's the point of a hero/monster having a 2" attack? Is it just so that they can attack while behind another unit? Would they still be able to charge even if they can't get within half an inch? I guess if they stand right behind the unit and it gets charged he'd be locked into combat because of the 3" rule.
How does it work?

Charge still needs to be within a half inch, regardless of reach.

Range of 2+ is so he can reach other things behind other things. It doesn't help I'd he's in combat with 1 thing, but when on occasion you get into one of those big clusterfucks, it comes in handy. I've seen an ogor tyrant with gutgouger reach clear to another separate combat that never charged him and is engaging something else to hit it because it was 3" away.

It also helps for reaching below or up terrain. Remember being within 3" of something means it's engaged even if you didn't charge it

Is Gordrak worth taking over a normal megaboss on maw krusha now that battle brew is once per battle?

I just love that guys fluff and model but damn is he expensive

Also alternative question; Is it possible to make a useable list out of:
1) Ironjawz SC!
2) megaboss on foot
3) brute box
4) megaboss on maw krusha

Still planning on getting another 10 brutes and maybe another 10 ard boyz

This. FEC is awesome for your dudes. And some of the best faction fluff written for AoS to date

That's a stupid false narrative the shitposters want you to believe. It's fake news

Fewer pale retards, user.

Yeah you can magnetize paladins to be retributors, decimators or protectors.

Same with dracothian guard.

Hes really good at killing vampire lords

You say that like its a bad thing

Latest White Dwarf up

Uh, I have no idea as to the viability of this but Gordrak looks a lot better now that GHB2017 gave him a 80 point price cut.

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (620)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: Destroyer
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1500 / 1500

What am I looking at and why do I have a boner

Did some progress on my Black Knights

That's bullshit that people made up. No one else is getting Tomb King'd.

Why are these so expensive?

because you live in prison colony?

assuming your a burger, STFU.
In australia, we pay $55 for them.
35 usd converted is 45 aud

I kinda want to play Flesh Eater Courts, but the new book is coming out...but we already have a battletome...so should I just go ahead anyway? Is the Nagash book going to override the FEC book?

>That's bullshit that people made up. No one else is getting Tomb King'd.
You meant SwiftHawked?

No.

The stat cards in FEC will be irrelevant when the new ones in Legions of Nagash comes out, but battalions and fluff will still be legit

Thats standard cost for new GW books and heroes

>The stat cards in FEC will be irrelevant
No

LON has no flesheater court changes

Some of them have literally been leaked and already seen by half the people on this board you mongrel.

Do you mean the Terrorgheist and Zombie Dragon? They were just changed so that any Death army could use them, other then that I don't know of any FEC updates.
Since Flesh Eater Courts, you know, aren't in the book.

Oh. Well that's good to know. Shit, I think I'm gonna start up AoS now my dudes.

why do you lie on an anonymous chinese cartoon forum

Sorry user, but no FEC stuff got leaked because there are no FEC Warscrolls in the book. They can be taken as allies though, and they get the new spells if you take them as GA: Death.
The only FEC stuff leaked was the terrorgheist and zombie dragons getting their flesh eater courts keywords removed.

Ghouls havnt been leaked but are getting a warscroll change to bring them in line with the new summoning rule.

GMG confirmed there's no FEC warscrolls in the book. I'm sorry user.

stop spreading lies on the internet