A humanoid sentient race based off the core concept of "Alone we fall, united we stand"

A humanoid sentient race based off the core concept of "Alone we fall, united we stand".
Individual members are weak as hell, but together they empower each other, kinda like cranium rats.
Maybe something along the lines of each particular member of the race having a defining strength, and once a couple members gather together they begin exhibiting their defining strengths together.
Basically, if you have:
- a guy who is agile, but weak, dumb and naive as hell;
- a guy who is strong, but clumsy, dumb and naive;
- a guy who is smart, but weak, clumsy and naive;
- a guy who is cunning, but weak, clumsy and dumb;
Then once you bring them all together, all of them become strong, agile, smart and cunning.

That an interesting concept for recurring enemy encounters?

Alice is my waifu

So, you're looking for Geth style swarm-intelligence?

So a race creation thread?
I’ll pitch in then.

Do you want a hive mind or people with free will raised in a culture that treasures camaraderie and hard work?

Don’t know what that is, but that seems like a better idea than the hive mind I mentioned

I think the Kithkin were like this. They're like halflings but have an ability called the thoughtweft that lets them share emotions and abilities, so they all know how each other feels and what one knows the others kind of know too.

Less intelligence, and more like core "node" individuals that allow sharing abilities.

Say, for example, you got a bunch of souped-up enemies that rely on the fact that one of them can fly, so that ALL of them can fly.

You can try to take out only the guy that "knows" how to fly, so that the others lose their ability to fly, but all the other enemies also have unique abilities that let them empower each other.
Basically, at any reasonable moment you're fighting them, you have to choose who you'll have to take out first, so that the other enemies lose access to his "shared" ability.

Get in line, faggot.

How literal we go on the "united" part?

Okay, so the Geth are a synthetic race in Mass Effect.

A single geth is capable of simplistic tasks and combat routines, but the more Geth in a group, the more complex tasks they can preform, since their individual processing power runs in parallel with each other (I think).

So, while a single Geth might be able to stand guard or shoot an enemy, a squad of Geth is capable of preforming the same general battlefield tactics that the soldiers of other races are trained to preform, and a small army and larger of Geth (usually lead by a Prime) are capable of long-term strategies of war.

I'll fight you, you double nigger. I was here first. She's mine.

So, you're basically looking for the Slivers from Magic the Gathering then.

>I was here first.
Actually, the good doctor was.

Bumby can get fucked a half dozen ways to sunday.

So we are gonna take that, have them raised in WWII era’s Soviet Union culture, and make them look slightly different from humans?

Ok, what kind of girls are you into. We will take some traits and inject them into most of the population.

Now that I googled it - I guess?
I'm not a fan of concept of the inhuman hivemind, though.
I mean, yeah, technically hivemind communions are the natural form of society for creatures that are capable of sharing abilities, but I'm more interested in individual interactions.

Basically, they still should have personalities, conflicting beliefs etc. that naturally prevent them from snowballing into one giant hivemind.

>a race that's just an adventuring party
Fucking ace idea, champ.

If you're familiar with the system (D&D 3.5), look at the Legion Devil, from Fiendish Codex 2. It does some of what you want (and is actually dangerously powerful because of it). It's a good example of this for you.

I've been stuck with a group that only likes PF, so I'll share ideas for that.

The system includes a number of abilities that could be fitting, like traits and drawbacks to gain morale bonuses with allies nearby and take penalties when alone.

The special Aid Another action can grant an ally a +2 on a roll, but limits what skills it helps on. Let this race Aid Another on snything and the bonus grows based on group size.

Give them free Teamwork Feats and they all count as having any such feats that others nearby possess.

*anything

Also forgot, give them the hivemind quality like Formians, where none of them in an area can be surprised, flanked or snuck up on if any others are aware of the enemy attempting such actions.

If you're playing a D20 system how about a race that suffers a -2 to every stat but for every ally of the same race within 30 foot radius they gain a +1 to attack, HP, saving throws and skill checks?

So like reverse ninjas?