What would Veeky Forums's ideal video game be?

What would Veeky Forums's ideal video game be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GXCo-InnpU
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA&ab_channel=AtlusUSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Baldur's Gate 2.

/v/ermin go home

Crusader Kings 2.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion but with skyrims graphics

The day VR gets to real life graphics and AI is advanced enough to replace my GM is the day I turn my back on table-top forever. Until then I'd settle for a quicker paced and deadlier Souls game with better balance, historically accurate arms/armor, and more varied but less damaging spells. Think Scribblenauts but as a magic system. Also make "invasions" happen randomly (as in neither party initiates it) and everyone can either help or hurt one another at any time.

>Weapons break super easily
My only problem with it, oh and the dialogue mini-game, how you can fast travel without ever have visited the location. Actually I hated oblivion

Well thats your opinion, though those are valid flaws. I just miss playing a garbage eating kjajit without being shoehirned into a nord-only main story

A role-playing game that is truly open-ended and has a full on AI to adjudicate new events and generate new content.

Hey, you said ideal.

Add elf waifus and you nailed it

Hey! Remember that time you gained a level in Oblivion and got worse at doing things because you poorly managed your skill-ups and now every monster and bandit in the game is just better than you? I remember those times, I hated it, but I loved playing out a murder mystery for the Dark Brotherhood.

Oblivion is such a mixed bag in quality.

>Remember that time you gained a level in Oblivion and got worse at doing things because you poorly managed your skill-ups and now every monster and bandit in the game is just better than you?

No actally, that was a much bigger Skyrim problem.
Is there some reson you are harping on this?
Is someone paying you?

No, it's just something I remember when I chose the Warrior premade class before I realized much later that that was a bad idea and each level getting +2 and +3 to stats wasn't a good thing.

Skyrim swapped that out with just giving you perk points which you can slap into shit too early and potentially gimp yourself with instead. I like both but for different reasons. Just reminiscing is all.

Dwarf Fortress, but in VR.

>implying I didn't run a custom class 5/5/1 build to max out all stats and skills then join the Mage's Guild to make my own perfect Charm spell to cheese any social encounter and improved summoning spells so I could be an unstoppable 100% Chameleon'd killing machine
git gud

Pikmin 2, but with Pikmin 3's graphics.

>insert sperg comment about that game

A truly intelligent AI would allow a true "play your way" promise, able to support anything a player might think to do within the rules of the setting. Therefore, any race is potentially waifu.

Sword Art Online, or Accel World. I'm not being ironic.

SMNT: Strange Journey.

If you disagree you haven't played it.

Ideal video game as in what can be realistically achieved or in most fictitious abstract?

As to what can be realistically achieved, it'd be an open world fantasy RPG that also has a strong storyline and characters. Cross the best elements from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and NieR (the first one). It's asking for a lot.
In most fictitious, something like Overlord's YGGDRASIL, a virtual reality MMORPG with incredible depth, preposterously varied options, decades of content, and challenge both environmental and player made.

Log Horizon is so much better though.

I dunno. SAO just seems to be a lot more fun to play, in the Dark Souls-esque way. They're not really in a game in Log Horizon, it's more like they've been transported to a fantasy world. Being unable to die for good also takes away all of the tension. Still, they're very different kinds of shows.

The main problem with SAO is that all the classes are the DnD equivalent of fighters, which I don't think Veeky Forums would appreciate all that much.

SMNT?
Don't you you mean SMT?

Surely end version Dwarf Fortress.

Though I've never played a game that did everything I wanted better than Mass Effect 1.

Seenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Yup. An extra N showed up.

It's exactly the perfect videogame. All it needs is better graphics and I'd never play anything else. Prey is a close second.

How about the version for 3ds?

youtube.com/watch?v=3GXCo-InnpU

Might want to skip to ~11m when he stops ranting about sales figures, which strikes me as spending way too much time on a relatively minor flub.

It would actually be pretty cool to be able to look over your little dudes while they worked. DF will eventually tank most computers even with its ASCII graphics, though, so I doubt it'll ever get a true 3D release.

Wh-what?! I think I have to buy that. I've just been playing the shitty ds version.

fbbp

Fallout: New Vegas, but with GURPS instead of SPECIAL.

>They're not really in a game in Log Horizon, it's more like they've been transported to a fantasy world.
I dunno, a HUGE part of the story is how they cope with living in a world with literal video game mechanics. Death being reversable for themselves (but NOT for NPCs, who are also real people, for some definitions of "real" at least) is a major plot point. IT deals with video game concepts like level caps, party comp, instances in dungeons, and griefers.

It's written by people who actually play MMOs, unlike SAO.

you just had to post that didn't you, you cheeky fuck

I love its approach to races.
>"Hey, what kind of races should we add to the game?
>"Uh, let's see, there's humans, dwarves, and elves?"
>"And? Come one, we have to add more than that."
>"Fine. Take literally every single animal in the game, and create a humanoid version of it. And create a giant version of it."
>"What about a humanoid giant version?"
>"No, that would be stupid."

I'd prefer morrowind with skyrim graphics+, but eh.

What about the part where they talk for the entire first episode of log horizon about how they were online waiting for a new expansion to drop and everyone thought that being trapped in the game was part of that? What about how they keep talking for several episodes about how it's totally different from mouse & keyboard?

Oh right they explicitly say log horizon is an mmo you fucking idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA&ab_channel=AtlusUSA
You know it bb, coming may
Kaneko isn't drawing the characters anymore, so that's a minus

An open world game that had the same range of options and abilities that a Pen and Paper game does. Even something as simplistic as D&D accurately recreated would be amazing.

God fucking damnit I'm gonna go kill myself now

Accel World I could get behind, but SAO? Like really nigga? Of all the Isekai you could have chosen, you chose SAO.

That literally never happens in skyrim. It's purely an oblivion issue.

dis nigga never played Runescape

>Bloodborne 2 x Darkest Dungeon
>Warhammer 40k in a GOOD planetside 2 game
>A game based off the scp foundation universe with mechanics from Xcom/fps's

How they would work I have no idea.

Tabletop Simulator.

>That literally never happens in skyrim. It's purely an oblivion issue.
Magic says hi.

Addendum: with better VR gui.

Only illusion didn't work at higher levels, everything else was fine.

Destruction, Dragon Shouts, Conjuration, Restoration. Leave it to Bethesda to put one non scaling element into an infinitely scaling system. Fucking retards.

>Lithoromantic
He loves rocks?

Trips of deceit

I’d love it if Dwarf Fortress got mouse support, seeing as this isn’t FUCKING NINETEEN EIGHTY-THREE and the mouse has existed for THIRTY FIVE FUCKING YEARS. It seems like the sort of game with the depth required to make me happy. Or better yet, if DF’s underlying engine could be applied to a game with 3D graphics.

Noob pack has mouse support you utter scrub.

Keyboard is still better

>someone on the Internet drew a picture

How are you even on Veeky Forums right now

Not updated for the current version. Anyway, I totally forgot about literally any fucking game with a soft-AI that handles conversations with NPCs (who are given various emotional and psychological traits which drive the means in which they respond). You could make that as a standalone fucking demo for all I care. I just want to see it proof of concept. Then it could be folded, or not, into another concept I’ve nursed. 3D, 3rd person open-ended game. Just call it The City.

I'd love to see a proof of concept game to showcase a new brand of AI. Make an "open world" game that is just a small city, say no more than 4000 NPCs–men, women, and children. Have the street layout be procedurally generated based on seeds that make sense (a "downtown" layout, an "expansion" layout, a "rich part of town" layout, etc). Then procedurally generate the houses, stores, and industrial places, inside and out. MAKE EVERY BUILDING ENTERABLE. It could easily be done under 10 gigs by having a set of 100 or so textures and just varying the color layer and material layer to give different carpet, wallpaper, paint, upholstery, and siding. Then you just model the furniture, utensils, books, etc. That's point one to showcase.
Point two would be far more difficult, and that's AI. Meaning AI that actually has relationships. Give them simple scripts (wake up, toiletries and breakfast, go to work, come home, play with kids, talk to neighbors, make love to wife, go to bed), and have the NPCs all interact with one another. That's the trick. The interactions and lines could even be the same every fucking day (to save on space); the point is just getting them to interact and–here's the kicker–respond APPROPRIATELY to change in their lives, no matter what that change is.

Then you drop the player into the city and tell them that they can do whatever they like. WHATEVER they like. Steal a car. Crash it. If you crash it into another car, you stop that NPC from getting home (maybe forever). An ambulance and police car come. The time this takes is based on whether there were witnesses (and how quickly they saw it happen). Kill the medics and steal the ambulance, drive to the NPC's house. Listen from outside the window. His family wonders where he is. Cop shows up later. NPC's dead, he says. Their script now changes; they're grieving. Next day, you talk to the widow. Over the course of in-game weeks, you console her. And then bed her. And then her daughter. You get caught, widow screams. Your character is now poisoned to that NPC and family forever. She calls the cops. They come to the house. SHE GIVES THEM A DESCRIPTION OF YOU. Now you have to be careful in the city. These aren't like GTA cops; they actually remember. Unless you kill them all, of course. But then the townsfolk are up in arms themselves. Volunteers with guns roam the streets instead of cops (just give them the cop beat script to follow). Eventually you just can't go anywhere.
Or maybe not. Maybe you shoot up the school first thing and are taken out in a blaze of glory.
Maybe you go to the print shop and apply for a job. You find an apartment, take it, the job, and live a normal life. Find a cute NPC girl at the grocery store; talk to her, start a relationship and a family.
Maybe you become a cat burglar. NPCs start locking their doors and buying guns.
Maybe you just cut down trees in public places. Maybe you leave a car sitting in the middle of a road. You stop traffic and keep NPCs from getting home on time. Maybe you blow up the factory. Now it has to be rebuilt; NPCs are less happy because they have no jobs.
It doesn't have to look good, be fancy, or be optimized. Hell, it can be no more "advanced" a proof of concept than Facade. I JUST WANT DEPTH.

when that user said "noob pack" he meant to say "dfhack" which is what gave you mouse support in the first place, and you can use it with the current version