Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1cJK67vmr7VDQPmisai8KqkXZI2qOeFas78jWrsMoeFU/edit
rpnation.com/threads/the-neverwar-the-neverwar-approved-yozi-trees.50068/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A question to start the thread: has anything interesting been done with the Deathlords in your games? Any cool non-canon Deathlords you or your ST has come up with? Have Deathlords ever been featured as anything else than clear antagonists?

So, the new antagonistin the Adversaries of the Righteous seems kind of cool, but is she cool enough to be worth paying for? I'd appreciate it if someone who's bought it could share his opinions.

I think she has some conceptual issues stemming from the idea space from where she dwelt. It is really apparent in the second and third order. Some problems can be excused, but the inception-execution step was flawed from all perspectives that is not trivial.

...OPP is selling individual NPCs for a dollar? What fresh coonery is this?

When they're all published, they'll be compiled into a single volume. When that happens, it'll likely be posted here like every other book.

is this like a more advanced version of the forum meme generator?

The idea is to supply a steady stream of material, I guess, even if it's only individual NPCs and critters. Obviously the idea is also to make money, but it's not *just* a cash-grab. That said, I haven't found any of the previous entries interesting enough to actually buy. This new antagonist is the first one that has made me consider spending that dollar.

It's a decent method. After the leak dropped we had already discussed it to death by the time it dropped for real, so there was nothing else to discuss beyond big changes that happened in between like the rework of integrity.

What is the new NPC anyway? Hate fueled Godblood working for Deathlord, that it?

>What is the new NPC anyway? Hate fueled Godblood working for Deathlord, that it?
Something like that. It seems interesting enough. Examples of mortals or once-mortls who aren't Exalted but have been touched by the supernatural are weolcome as far as I'm concerned.

Hey everyone, I made a replacement subsystem to the Leadership rules (or lack of them) in the 3e core Rulebook. This new one uses the chassis of 3e's social influence system and combines ideas from Fate to allow you to make and run your own organization be it a single teahouse to a directional spanning empire. Hope you enjoy!

docs.google.com/document/d/1cJK67vmr7VDQPmisai8KqkXZI2qOeFas78jWrsMoeFU/edit

Just glossed over it but a lot of it looks like a Creation Ruling Mandate adaption for 3e.

Have you modified any listed charms that interact with this system?

The original or the one in masters of jade? It could be close to the original in which while organizations have their own stats they still use the leader's dicepools. Really I just wanted to make a less mechanical version of the MoJ version.

No just really best judgement. I can think up some effects off the top of my head like if you know Tiger Warrior Training Technique then it'd extremely easy to make new quality troops thus for military matters you'd roll against a much lower competency, Speed the Wheels can be used to dodge any Contest Action attempt a leader makes against you unless they have similar magic, and so on.

I did have some other charm ideas (Such as a War charm which if you apply a flaw on a rival organization you get a point of Cohesion back as you raid their resources, or a Socialize charm which an opponent needs to pay two points of Cohesion in order to resist going against a philosophy you attacked by), but I'll need to wait and see if I want to make such things in the future.

Sounds Good. How about a Solar charm that would allow you to roll your Cohesion with each success acting as a payment of willpower to resist the sway of mass influence. You know something that would allow the possibility to counter the chaos one could inflict with Performance charms.

That's a very powerful but certainly neat idea. Probably best used as a Socialize charm to bolster and/or sorcerously enforce a philosophy within your organization.

Most of the charm ideas I had were going to be in Bureaucracy/Socialize/War. Maybe also Investigation. Nothing is stopping one from making charms based on other abilities, but seeing these are the most commonly used stats it makes sense to focus in those areas.

what was your favorite sideral charm? which sidereal charms are most fun

no. none of them are worth buying individually. just steal the pastebins for now and wait for the final book

Elucidate. Even the Onyx Path forums' opinion of her seems to be mostly positive, and they're a nest of SJWs.

>which sidereal charms are most fun
None of them are fun.

Pastebin where?

Brain Expansion Meditation

what're some examples of charms or non-mundane senses that should be allowed to see through eldritch secrets mastery?

Like I'd think the 2e solar keen senses charm shouldn't pierce lsd because those are just mundane senses turned to 11 and this disguise "feels and smells real", so if you couldn't do it with a perception check you can't do it with a boosted perception check. but I'd say sorceror's sight obviously can pierce lsd.
but eldritch secrets should block sorcerer's sight too right? so eye of the unconquered sun aside what's a good example of a charm to provoke the rolloff?

I mean lunars are allegedly the best shapeshifters and all it takes to pierce /their/ disguise is an mdv you could have straight out of chargen

But that's retarded

I am aware of that, yes.

Do you have a suggestion for fixing lunars instead then?

...that was overly vague. I meant "do you have a suggestion for improving the 2e lunar tell"?

I thought that the Tell only applied if the character actually knew the Lunar personally.
Anyway if it's a shift into an animal it shouldn't be possible to tell it's a lunar if it's not in a wildly inappropriate location. If it's a person then only if you know the person he's taking the form of, since the only tell would be on speech and mannerism.

That sounds reasonable to me, though if PCs have a reason to suspect that shapeshifters might be about, I'd also allow an Awareness roll or a Read Intentions roll to realize that the raven sitting in the tree over there seems suspiciously attentive, or something like that.

Oddly enough, 1e had far better rules for the Tell that weren't arbitrarily jammed into a social combat system. At least, up until it tried to balance it by making multiple purchases of DBT make it more noticeable, but since 2e doesn't have that mechanic, you should be fine.

You couldn't even attempt to see it unless you had a good reason to suspect that someone was a Lunar, and you could only make the roll once per day. It was also based on Perception + Awareness rolls instead of being an attack on Dodge MDV.

(The same rules basically ended up in EX3, minus anything about DBT making the Tell more obvious. Also, they keep to just Perception + Awareness.)

The Mask of Winters was once my character from a (DBZ) future timeline where everything was already dead. The ST liked maneuvering specifically me into "secret villain" things.

But time travel is one of two things that you CAN'T do in exalted desu

You'll never find it in a book. Individual games might violate this precept if the group is okay with it.

I'm in chargen right now an I got one dot of merit leftover. I like some kind of Artifact 1, but there's no examples or even mentions of something like that anywhere for 3e. What would a 1 dot Art be? Just a keepsake? A very, very minor, nearly mundane effect?

There are no Artifact 1s. Artifacts start at 2.

Well that's fucking gay, what am I going to do with one merit

Don't you've a dot in any ability you could buy? Occult, Lore or one of those vanishing rare abilities that has a charm you can only buy with one dot?

Pick up a language or ambidexterity.

You could get a one-dot Ally, like a mortal with some useful influence and contacts. Or, if you don't want connections, maybe something like Iron Stomach or Mighty Thew that's cheap but might come in handy.

An additional dot of Resources, or some other scaling merit?

He isn't wrong, the ST was basically saying since it was DBZ style and clearly a slightly different alternate universe me it was skirting it. Game was fun overall, not worth a stink.

Plus the point of that rule is basically the same with permanent death, spirit is "No takebacks" and since it was a villain coming from a doomed world and not me going back to save anything...

I ended up trapping him in a manse specially meant to send itself careening in the space between time or some such.

I want to make a Buddha solar, but I don't know how. Could someone help?

Supernal Integrity sounds like a good way to start. What aspects/themes of the Buddha are you most interested in?

Also if we're discussing adapting real-world religious figures, what supernal would you give Jesus?

be low Breeding Dragonblood Outcaste on the Treshold.

How to approach dynast babes for bow snu snu?

Supernal Occult. Alternatively, a versed thaumaturge.

You replied to the wrong guy. I was asking for a paste of the latest antagonist.

There's a pan-holistic gamut of issues in the hypothetical. For the practical nothing could be farther from the purity of the form, nor it is conceptually sound under that purview.

Is this word salad or am I just retarded

Autochton: champion of the little guy, or overly-glorified school shooter by proxy?

Are these infernal trees any good? Anybody able to speak from personal experience of using them? Any comments on their balance?

rpnation.com/threads/the-neverwar-the-neverwar-approved-yozi-trees.50068/

both?

Also, any suggestions on alternate trees to use for these guys? Something you like better, find more interesting, or consider a better fit for that yozi?

thanks, I'll take a look at 1e.

Use maiden's tea and offer consequence-free sex with an exotic, rugged barbarian from the savage frontier.

While it could be both, it's definitely the former.

No, it should clearly be Supernal Lore.

So that he cay say "according to keikaku" to his own death?

So that he can teach other people his ways.

It seems like there are quite a few 3e Lunar homebrews avalible. Which one is the best/most complete/most flavorful?

But he did terribly
He got like 7 dudes to actually understand

Lore's charms aren't very good for teaching lots of people either.

The bad guy in my Solars game is a Deathlord named the Reclaimer, who captured Chiaroscuro. He likes to throw around disgusting necromantic golems made of ash, fire, on one occasion water and pond scum, and rotten meat.

Are all Serenity siderals sluts?

Yes

No. Most are, though.

Maybe.

I don't know

I don't remember.

that sounds significantly less disguising than the regular kind

I've seen that brought up several times, but never seen anybody claim to have used them. If you do use it, report back.

Any news about that errata for 3E that have been mentioned a few months back?

Look user, they worked FIVE YEARS on it, errata will need AT LEAST 12 years.

What are Infernal S e x Charms like?

Have you seen how expensive Maiden's Tea is nowadays? Even the low end stuff of dubious quality is probably out of reach of a low breeding outcaste.

hand holding and consensual sex in the missionary position for the purposes of procreation.

Which canon Lunar has the fluffiest tail for petting?

Anja Silverclaws.

Her tail doesn't look fluffy and WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE LIPS

Even an Outcaste of low Breeding is still an Exalt. If you're not wealthy enough to buy Maiden's Tea, it's because you're not trying.

Real Maiden's Tea is resources 4, this means it's a significant expense even for a succesful dynast. And that's if they're only buying it once a month, but for many dynastic men (who already only earn, on average, 6 Obols for every Minae a dynastic woman earns) they have to buy it weekly or more just to get the same effect.

This virtual tax on the most poor and vunerable of the blessed isle is an affront to the values of all decent dynasts. Maiden's Tea should be available, for free, over the counter, cost subsidised by the realm. I'm sure the money could be found somewhere... maybe the Heptagram's budget.

Craft (Alchemy)

Found the Fiend whispering poision into the bureaucracy's many ears. Better kill it.

All except for one.

Good quality Maiden Tea needs clam divers to get the ingredients for. It's not that simple.

I'm sure there's more than one way to skin a cat lunar.

What do I name my Daybreak Caste Abyssal with Supernal Craft (Alchemy)?

Ironic, since good quality clam diving negates the need for Maiden's Tea.

I'll see myself out.

He Who Knocks at the Precipece of Creation?

what, like a door knocker

What is this, a primordial.
Shen Ji Yang, Farmer of the Cinnabar Fields.
Not for the Good Stuff.
Just what did he mean by this

I think the Hegra one is the one Vance wrote.

>Shen Ji Yang, Farmer of the Cinnabar Fields.
he was asking for an abyssal name, not what some random peasant villager might call himself

why do you need the top top shelf of maiden tea, just get the store brand shit, its not like you couldn't just overload on it, make yourself "permanently" sterile, then get yourself healed after the 80 or so years of young adult boning you plan to do.

Coming up with names is literally the hardest part of running exalted for me.

just pick a color and an impressive deed {solar} / geographical feature {lunar} / astrological event {sidereal} / alternative metal band's song {abyssal} / grunge band's song {infernal} / appliance {alchemicals} and smush them together. done.

That and Anima banners.

Kneader of the Ambrosic Dough with Fingers Blackened with Poision.

Anybody have homebrew Qaf charms for 2e?

>Supernal Integrity
Wouldn't this be insanely boring to actually play?

sure, if you refuse to impose your will upon everyone else, browbeating gods until you take their abilities, and just let people know you mean business.

Which charms are you talking about?