/hhg/ -

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Rogal Stark edition.
Valdor, Alpharius, Fancy spears, Ordinatus, Solar Aux Rhinos, Scoria and Malevolence subedition
Crying Dark Angels subsubedition

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html
>>

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky
1d4chan.org/wiki/Omegon#Tabletop
blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-burden-of-loyalty-ebook.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Crying Dark Angels subsubedition
Don't even remind me ;_;

What helmets available are considered 'Primarch Size'?
I'm digging Dorn but I'm a big advocate of protection before grimace

Did we ever actually get a rough date on Malevolence? I know that it was featured and it's been changed up, but did anyone say what year it was coming out?

I heard mention of sometime this year.

I believe it was going to be the end of this year a while ago, not sure if that's changed though.

From reports at the weekender it seems they hope to have it out this year, but the guys in the seminars were being very careful not to say that definitively and then possibly let everyone down later.

Ok, that's not too bad then. Presumably they've been writing the Blood Angels stuff uninterrupted ever since they finished Inferno, so that shouldn't take too long.

Do you think that they'll use Malevolence as a sort of errata for the Space Wolves part of Inferno? It's interesting that they got rid of the Dark Angels and Night Lords to put them, the White Scars and Alpha Legion in

Contemptor heads

>Do you think that they'll use Malevolence as a sort of errata for the Space Wolves part of Inferno
I would assume so, since the book will cover Blood Angels, White Scars, Space Wolves and Alpha Legion (and daemons obviously).

I know about the "Grey Slayers are always compulsory Troops" rule that needs clarification and the frost weapons fuck up, but what else needs to be clarified?

Also, wild speculation on new special characters/unique units for BA, WS, SW, AL and Daemons?

Sanguinius and Khan.

In theory, it would be really cool if AL get Ifritii (the black armored stealth teams from the novels).
Maybe specific rules for Omegon (since he and Alpharius are not 100% identical, especially if it's in Ifrit gear)

Shiban Khan post-surgery, Qin Xa and Targutai, and hopefully Torghun Khan too

They can "Clarify" Russ by getting rid of that fucking exo-thermic rule.

And Magnus' D.

Probably the closest you can get are Grey Knight Paladin heads

>that fire parry move in Thousand Sons serves to reference the warp the primarchs wield and to underline how inhuman they are
>FW read it and said "lol boiler in his armor"

Minuses to hit are annoying on anything. Get rid of Magnus' and the Praesidum Shield while we are at it.

>describe how is armour makes everything around him freezing
>calls it "exothermic"

>HQ's other than Geigor can't join Grey Slayers without ruining them
>Russ' armor is cancer and the axe is worthless
>Varagyr are overcosted like woah
And that's just the wolf fuckers, custards and TS also are in dire need of some clarifications, erratas and adjustments.

You see user, the "heat" from his back pack gets pushed out, this pushes away more "heat" leaving you only "anti-heat"

>>HQ's other than Geigor can't join Grey Slayers without ruining them
Even 'ruined' Grey Slayers are pretty much just more versatile tactical marines.

>anti-heat
>not fenrisian wolfchill

Slayer sword winner from the weekender. Dem gems.

But...he's not red.

The focus of the camera snap makes it hard to get the full effect, or at least I get that feeling.
Nevertheless, the definition of those blue and pink gems, and the gradiation on the scarab, the definition on the gold armour, vascalature on the arms, ivory on the horns, and text on the things around the tabard, very well done indeed.
I reserve judgement because of the shot, but this seems to be a model where the outstanding quality is definition.

Scoria = Snibedy Snab???

That might actually make sense in a weird way.
But then we'd see an effect where things become hot around Russ, like wherever he goes he's like the eye of a tornado of heat.
And if he's got the technology to cool things down extremely within his vicinity, why doesn't he have some kind of weapon that takes advantage of it being impossible to overheat, like a DAOT laser weapon that was the equivalent of a laser bolt action that can now be fired at hyper-dakka speeds in conjuction with his "exothermic" effect?

That's how everyone pictured him, unless I was missing some alternate theories?

>But then we'd see an effect where things become hot around Russ
Depends if they are any Sisters around.

I hadn't thought of getting Mechanicum models until I saw the guy.

What would make good other legions for Sagyar Madam?

*Mazam

Sons of Horus, fluff them as Terran WS.

Actually, I, too, am *really* considering a small Dark Mechanicum force ever since seeing this guy.

I kind of want Hasik Noyan-Khan rules.

>madam
Kek

Iron Hands and Salamanders, IH first and foremost.

Termite in EC livery

Fascinating device.
How big do you think this thing will affect the meta?

Well you know what they say about the EC, they do like to go deep...

Barely, if at all. It's basically just a up-armored and up-gunned drop pod with the usual FW way-too-complex-yet-irrelevant special rule tacked on.

Yeah, probably.

>
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

Do i miss a joke?

Ifrit would be sick. I don't know that Omegon would warrant any specific differences though. Functionally, they're the same person anyway.

For one, it's a godsend to the Ironwing armies as it's a Fast Attack Tank, meaning they get to play with more Dreadnoughts.

Essentially it would indeed be Alpharius, again, however:
A) That way you could field both at once, rather than contriving a reason for a unique model to be present twice in the same army.
B) They could give the Alternate different wargear, allowing for more variety in how you field the Primarch (hence my Ifrit remark).

1d4chan.org/wiki/Omegon#Tabletop

ah yeah that could be cool. [offering a dark prayer that the reason they only showed half of Alpharius was because it's not just him, but also Omegon[/spoiler]

NOOOOO I JINXED IT FUCK

We have Exodus.

Ctrl+S, friend

Tbh I had thought that Exodus might be Omegon

He's going to be a bastard to transport, and I was already making a custom spider-Magos, but I'm probably going to buy him anyway eventually so I can use the billion neat-looking parts to equip a full squadron of assorted Magi and Skitarii Alphas/Axiarchs.

Would be great if Exodus finally gets a model too.

Battlefoam is your friend.
Expensive, but definitely worth it for something that delicate.

When my 3.5k Mech army is done and I've converted a few extra toys for it I'll get some proper cases. Properly padded cardboard boxes work surprisingly well in my experience, so I'm not in a massive hurry.

Hopefully Scoria comes in lots of parts for easier converting, although I'm sad we have no Homonculex/Arlatax model alongside him.

Hey \hhg\
Working on Iron Warriors, any ways i could try to improve this?

make sure he gets a base that's as muddy as he is, needs to look like they've been fighting in trenches for weeks.
Looks really nice and dirty. The armor looks really lived in.

Switch to a good legion.

It looks grainy. Thin your paints, or choose a less extreme drybrush colour. More images (the right way round) would help.

Too dirty user, an entire army like that isn't going to look good

Fuck FW for making a shit Sigs.

how did you do this? it looks fantastic

Should I run my Dorn with cape or no cape?

The model honestly isn't that bad when given a helmet
I really like the pose

thanks!
B I T T E R
Thanks! getting mixed feedback on weathering, but i think i will stick with it , just as i have been so far, and it would be pretty odd for the force to just have some really weathered and some not

Also, its about time. Fucking took long enough, just home the conversion beamer is included.

I am glad I waited

I like the weathering user

That Chad pose, tip top user.

So does anyone have an epub copy of the new HH Book, The Burden of Loyalty?

is it even out yet?

For what reason?

should I give my thousand son veterans special weapons? is it worth the upgrades on top of brotherhood of psykers?

Yes, it was released a couple of days ago.

blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-burden-of-loyalty-ebook.html

if it's literally just come out, then it's really unlikely that anyone has it

Also, everything in it has already been released, so you're not missing out on anything if you wait for it to be put up

Thanks user!

looks good, nice and gritty. Drill out them barrels though.

The Lexicanum lists the battle of Signus Prime as a phyrric Imperial victory, and my question is: how? Reading Fear to Tread it seemed pretty obvious that the daemons got annihilated in open battle, especially after Sanguinius got put into the coma. Is there any source that says the Blood Angels losses were "significant". I'm curious what they're gonna say about it in Malevolence.

>All Space Wolves

well, every civilian in the Signus Cluster died, every serf died on the Legion ships, a fair number of the Blood Angels died (like KaBanda killed hundreds IIRC), Sanguinius nearly fell to Chaos and was fairly seriously injured, and they were taken out of the Heresy for 5 years. Sure, Chaos didn't win, but it didn't achieve anything for the Imperium

They're not some prissy Fists, repainting their yellow every day. If an Iron Warrior's armor looks too clean Perturabo makes him dig extra trenches until it's back in order.
Keep us posted on your progress, this dude is gorgeous.

Yeah that does sound phyrric. I was focusing on the legion casualties so I didn't think of it like that. Thinking about it now it sounds like the major BA casualties happened outside the battle. Two ships with all their legionaries went down.

There's I think 120,000 Marines in the BAngels, right? So that's 0.3% of the entire Legion killed in a single move. Add to that, the two literal legions of Daemons that are trying to tempt the Astartes, who have never fought them before, and I can see initially high casualties for them

Apart from the ones that were sent to Guilliman & Dorn, did any of the Space Wolf watch packs not get BTFO?
>ones sent to BA came down with a sudden and fatal case of being-in-the-way-of-Nassir-Amit
>ones sent to NL got slaughtered upon arrival, last one sent back in bad shape (as only night lords can do)
>ones sent to RG got torn up by some raptors
>last of the ones sent to AL thought he'd killed Alpharius, then got shot in the face

Lots of cutting and abit of green stuff.
Awful proportions. His sword arm is smaller than his obiwan hand.
Gotta do my boy good.

In FtT it describes the Blood Angels moving as a "force of nature" and the daemons were in full retreat, which makes sense to me because in previous HH books it made a big deal about how daemons were resistant to guns, but weak to melee, and this is the premier choppy legion. What is significant casualties for a legion? 10k?

Speaking of demons, the way FW was describing their rules in Malevolence has me excited. Milita and Cults is a really cool list that's only held back due to lack of options.

With demons we will have everything in the 40k codex plus whatever new units we get out of FW.

The ones sent to the dark angels probably didn't have much luck. I doubt Lion killed them but I can't imagine they were allowed to get anywhere near to him.

Funnily enough, the one sent to Horus was so delayed the Heresy started before he could get there, then spent the next 6 years dicking around

Yet more evidence that the wolves are the worst legion.

Nope, too small.

is correct, need contemptor heads.

They are automatically in the top 9 user.

Fair enough. I forgot about the batboys

possibly. The problem is that in FtT, there's no definite casualty figures, so there's guys like me pulling numbers out our arses trying to work it out. We won't know until Malevolence is published and FW does Signus is the short answer
Eh, think about it this way. These are 5-10 man squads, sent to enforce the Emperor's laws against the 18 greatest warriors the galaxy has ever seen. They know that if it comes down to it and the primarch has turned traitor, they're unlikely to win against him, and even if they succeed in killing the primarch, they'll almost certainly die from his pissed off sons............and yet they go anyway, knowingly to almost certain death, because the laws of the Emperor must be enforced, and traitors must be punished, regardless to the cost of their own lives. That they don't kill any primarch is immaterial, just the balls on those guys is enough

9th then

>because the laws of the Emperor must be enforced
>Use of Rune Priests
>Ignores the Emperors orders to arrest Magnus
At this point shouldn't Russ and his legion be called Horus' Executioners? The Emperor never sent them to kill a Primarch after all.

Horus intercepted those orders and changed them to "kill". Russ is still a ding dong and I think Valdor intended to arrest Magnus but obvs that's not what happened.

>Horus intercepted those orders and changed them to "kill".
You'd think people in HHG would have read Inferno by now. Russ received his orders from the Emperor and Horus didn't change them, he simply 'convinced' him to kill Magnus instead despite his orders.

>ring ring hello magnus? fuck you