Only three skill points at character creation

>only three skill points at character creation

OH NO NO NO

>that filename
wh-what?

Reread that part.

On /v/, sony shitposters have a picture of wojack (which is what they call the guy from >that feel when) as a gold-skinned hairy muscular Sony fanboy sucking a pale, bearded Nintendo fan up his asshole and there's a copypasta of the Nintendo fan pleading to let him go so he can play more children's games. I think he's threatening to make one for Onyx Path.

Always remember that as bad as this board gets, at least it's not /v/.

Just put them all in Bluff and never leave town, it'll be all right.

The character creation system is a bit confusing, but you can end up with an awful lot of skills -- including multiple skills at 5 attributes.

Excuse me, I meant "multiple skills at 5 dots".

>Always remember that as bad as this board gets, at least it's not /v/.
We have wojaks in the catalog, pointless wars over which shitty game is better, and we frequently get invaded by /pol/ and /r9k/.

It might not be /v/ tier, but it's certainly not very far from the mark.

>People expect White Wolf games not to have garbage mechanics
ISHTYGDDT

So genuine curiosity then, how do "three skill points" turn into "multiple maxed skills"?
Or is it like, you can turn in one "skill point" into different things during character creation?

Copying from the PDF

Prioritize the character’s Paths as primary, secondary, and tertiary — what’s most important to the character? What part of their identity forms the greatest base? Your character receives three dots in each Skill associated with their primary Path, two dots in each Skill associated with their secondary path, and one dot in each Skill associated with their tertiary path. These dots are cumulative for Skills associated with two Paths. If this gives a Skill more than five dots, redistribute the extra dot to another Path Skill.

So it's three skill SETS. Thanks man.

You also get three points to put in any skills you want at the end, which is presumably what the shithead OP was talking about.

It can't be that because the document says you get 5 extra points afterwards.

Buh?

Check the date at the start, there was an update on the 27th that bumped it up to 5 points and maybe some other stuff.

I just realized how small the PDF actually is so I'll just post it.

Oh, I didn't notice. Thanks! Sorry I was a jerk about it.

So, what Scions have you guys made using this? I've made a modern-day Knight Errant/Crusader/Holy Paladin, who's out to protect the faithful from the pagan monsters that assail them.

Might 5, Close Combat (Swords) 5, Athletics (Strength Training) 3 to give his Close Combat rolls an Enhancement, a zweihander sword with Reach, Shockwave, Two-Handed, and Unconcealable, and both of the Saint knacks along with Perfect Poise to shrug off fear effects. Dude's basically a walking blender of the unholy.

I'm content with just reading though it for now. Who knows what parts of it might change until release and what other stuff Hero will add.

That's the cover they going for? Really? It looks so mediocre.

That's still significantly better

It's still significantly shittier than where we were at a few years ago though, especially since people are incapable of not biting onto bait, regardless of how obvious it is.

Nostalgia goggles are great aren't they.

It's not nostalgia user, Veeky Forums was a lot better back then when people didn't treat tabletop like it was something greater than it actually was and were willing to take the piss outta one another without making shit personal.

Nowadays, everyone's so serious all the time about the dumbest of bullshit that it's trivial making a thread reach bump limit just by being as obnoxiously confrontational and insulting as possible and people will just keep feeding you regardless of how obvious you are.