Multdimensional/planar heroes

So i want to start a campaign about heroes from different worlds grouping together and solving problems from other worlds

is there a setting that already does this? if not where i can get some ideas for it?

I already now the ultima games and tsubasa reservoir chronicles touch this topic but i want to see if there is more

Bumping

i havent read moorcocks work but isnt there his idea of the eternal champion?

Lets see.

The recent Magic lore deals with an organization called the Gatewatch, but honestly they were really bad at it and are currently defunct because they picked a fight they could not win.

Otherwise, this is Planescape. But Planescape is just DnD with portals (literally. Its a DnD campaign setting) so unless you want that specific flavor you probably wouldn't want to use it as a system, though you might pick at it for ideas for certain otherworldly realms or organizations.

What sort of game or powerlevel are you thinking?

I was thinking if use dnd i would have to limit the characters somehow because everyone is going to be from different worlds, maybe in one world magics works different, maybe on other there are guns and what not

if i am using dnd i would start them at lvl 3, but i am thinking in using a generic system like open d6

All the protagonist of his stories are essentially the same, like reincarnations of sort

TORG is all about multidimensional heroes.

RIFTS Phase World too.

Both have terrible rule systems but amazingly cool settings.

man what a downgrade

You can tell that going full wow was the reason for the cancellation.

Spelljamming.

I'm pretty sure Planescape and what said are exactly what you need OP.

Personally I would go with Planescape, but that's just a personal preference, both are settings made specifically to bridge the gap between other worlds/settings, as well as providing a shit-ton of their own content.

Dark Souls is great for this kind of stuff, all the knights and legendary adventurers you meet along your travels are technically from different worlds, sometimes different time periods. The way they set it up is that, as the world dies/is reborn, time deteriorates as well

Alteratively, if you wanted more pulpy 80s nonsense over grimdark, aliens are always a great cop-out; allowing for a Nazi, an Aztec, a Spaceman, and a Shaolin Monk to all wake up from Cryo-stasis and fight their way off of an alien planet.

The guys from /OSRG/ said planescape was pretty lame, what is it about?
Spelljamer is the one about space ships?

mmm i could copy them into a generic system i will check out TORG

>The guys from /OSRG/ said planescape

Laughter Stops

Yeah, no, don't ask the /osrgrogs/ about anything that happened after 1989.

Planescape is a fantastic plane-hopping fantasy setting for D&D.

What is so cool about it?

Bumping

mmm are you joking? i dont know what is sarcasm anymore

Planescape:Torment, and little else.

They were right though, PS was pretty lame.

is something like planescape done right?