EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Obliterated Assholes Edition

When Last We Left Our Heroes: >Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
What one card do you want reprinted the most in Masters 25?

Other urls found in this thread:

magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck sheldon

>thread card
honestly i don't know why that card wasn't a legendary
4 cmc for a 5/5 with trample and that effect?

Why would the price not go down if it's being reprinted for the first time in a long time?

also
>thread question
I am really hoping for Doubling Season

Probably because Papa Negator wasn't legendary either.

What commander should I play to be a fucking slut for people to abuse

holy shit I miss old flavor text

HOLD IT!

is:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
a safe website? Is the download safe?
Is the program loaded with malware? Nobody talks about it anymore.

>What one card do you want reprinted the most in Masters 25?
Mycosynth Lattice.

I would really love reprints of scapeshift for gitrog, academy ruins for U/R artifacts. Land Tax would be nice too! Really already happy with azusa and obliterator.

I made a Gwendlyn "discard everything you little bitch" deck but I have never played it. It simply stays locked away in shame.

Because demand and availability still dictates the price. Only so many will get cracked and only so many of those will go onto the market as vendors decide to sell them. They'll be the ones setting the price going by what people are willing to pay. If people will pay the current price, then they'll sell for the current price and it'll stay roughly the same.

So you're saying we need to seize the means of production

How is this a depiction of a creature that gave old walkers (including Urza) pause?

well that sucks since the reason I want certain things reprinted is so they'll go down in price

What are powerful things supposed to look like, user?

How much do you guys think the 2017 commander decks will go up in value over the next couple of years?

Oh, uh, I meant the effect, not the picture. Ooops.

5/5 for 3 was thought to be a huge deal, but yeah they underestimated the drawback.
It's no Juzam Djinn for sure.

I think all but the Arahbo pre-con might retain some value over time.

vamps and dragons probably the most- maybe 50-70 tops. Wizards will remain cheapest at 30 and cats climb to 40-45 maybe with miraris wake inevitably climbing back.

It's funny because if they actually released a good fucking set, a lot of people would buy it, putting more of the cards out into the wild to be bought meaning more supply for the demand

but Quality isn't exactly Wizards' forte.

It's fine, the program's good.
There's not much to talk about here ever since /ccg/ became its own thing.

Vampires and Dragons would gain value because tribal faggots
But they're not going to because I guarantee they're going to find excuses to reprint most of the shit in those

i got around it by casting my own armadillo cloak on it

shit was pretty funny

Thx for the reply. CCG is online magic? Kids can't even play with
physical cards now? that needs to be online too?

....what is the end result of this? Kids don't talk at all?

/ccg/ is custom card general
just as /edhg/ is edh general
just search /ccg/ in the search bar of the Veeky Forums catalogue

and no, the difference between the terms tcg and ccg is typically that one is japan only and the other is international, typically only used with yu-gi-oh since those have different ban lists and errata and such because the people that manage yu-gi-oh are complete shit at it

We already got azusa so anything else is just icing to me. Expensive artifacts would be cool, like rings of brighthearth or staff of domination or extraplanar lens.

>want to build Chainer
>already have a graveyard deck with Alesha
>all my good black cards are tied up in Alesha and Volrath

Fuck

Do you have more fun playing with value dudes or fatties?

This one

I love me some ETBs

No, ccg means "Collectible Card Game", which usually means that you buy entire sets of cards instead of boosters with randomized cards for trading, like in a "Trading Card Game".
In Yugioh, they call it "tcg" and "ocg" because the Japanese version of the game has "Official Card Game" written on it, and the english version has "Trading Card Game" written on it instead.

blightsteel

Then you're probably better off with Alesha.

What's so good about the tranny? I mean, it's just a bad card the way i see it.

I need a new general for my mono B deck.
Looking for something sardistical. Also non-tribal.

Wich bad boy should I pick Veeky Forums ?

I don't really know, to be honest. Grinding out value?

>Elvish visionary is a 10cents card and has been reprinted over 10 times in a multitude of products
>this version is $10

Big mana, bigger blowouts.

I mean, fatties are cool too. Chainer also lets you play with other people's yards too, so maybe I'll break up both Volrath and Alesha and build him.

Promos, my dude. Special art and foils sell.

Wow user really makes me think!

I know what people obviously see, but damn those thighs.

tities.

I want to build an ElfBall deck, which commander should I go with? Ezuri?

>Thread Question
Already in it.

Not so sure about that guy as a commander. Isn't he pretty much just a re-castable (bad) X spell ?

Well, yeah, but...

Hmm, probably Crucible.

probably old eldrazi titans, masters 25 is basically the only time they can be reprinted for the foreseeable future thanks to wizards retarded draft faggotry

Didn't they say that core sets would be coming back?

>he’s going to draft m25 at an lgs

>not raredrafting at an lgs

>no women in playgroup

I almost liked this meme

TOLARIA
O
L
A
R
I
A

>thread question
I really hope they reprint the theros gods or at least Purphoros because i need one

Can I use Vorel to double the counters on Chalice of the Void in response to a spell being cast and then counter it if its CMC is equal to the new, doubled # of counters?

wizards wont reprint them in core sets because they cant get that 10 dollar a pack premium for them. no meaningful reprints will ever come in a standard set again

>tfw my play group is my wife and i with 2 other couples

honestly love it, the days when playing magic with only sweaty dudes are not missed

Selesnya: The Playgroup

The number of counters on Chalice of the Void matters only at the time the spell is cast. Changing the number of charge counters on Chalice of the Void after a spell has been cast won’t change whether the ability counters the spell. If the Chalice had the correct number of counters when the spell was cast, its ability will trigger. If the Chalice had too many or too few counters when the spell was cast, the Chalice’s ability won’t trigger.

But you can use Shizo to give him Fear and slap the fuck out of someone

If they were really selesnya they'd be having orgies

They swing with a 4/5 Double Strike Deathtouch Trample

I block with a vanilla 2/2

How much damage do I take?

Yeah, my kitchen table group includes 2 girls who are both great people and pretty good players

I realize that's just a meme, but if you unironically think the ideal playgroup is one with zero women in it, well, pic related

Pegging and cuckolding sissies all night long

Seven

6. What's complicated about this scenario?

im not a sissy user, thought i have thought about it before

Only one point of damage is necessary for lethal because of death touch, so seven tramples over.

Pretty sure that's not how combat damage works.

>not being a sissy

8 damage coming your way, 1 assigns to the creature to be lethal damage, 7 tramples over.

technically 7 if the the attacker isnt retarded

Got it, thanks

i do have 3 GW decks...

>doubling down on being wrong

It does. Let's look at the reminder texts!
>Trample (If this creature would assign enough damage to its blockers to destroy them, you may have it assign the rest of its damage to defending player or planeswalker.)
>Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
Note the terminology used. "enough damage to destroy". That is all that must be assigned.

Huh, I legit did not know about this interaction.

Thank you all for the quick responses. I just wanted to check if I turbo-murdered my opponent this turn or the next.

Fuck. Is Zetalpa your general?

Is that... Zetalpa Voltron Commander?!

human tribal

>Zetalpa
nigger water you doing

You put that card away and get a real commander this instant mister

>Fucking Zetalpa Voltron Commander

holy FUCK

pls post list this looks so fucking cool

Yup. It went surprisingly well. Turn 8 played Zetalpa right on curve. Turn 9 I cast this and took Grixis Marchesa out of the game. I'm basically back to turn 1 and one of my opponents cast Fractured Identity on my dino and then decide to just keep smacking eachother instead of the guy with now just a Temple of the False God and a Paradise Mantle. 2 boardwipes later and I've built back up to this.

>enough damage to its blockers to destroy them
This also means you can't trample over smal, indestructible blockers, right?

You appear to be a master practicioner of The Jank. As said, please show us your wisdom if you can.

> Zetalpa
> Sweep cards

what were you smoking when you made this deck?

It actually used to be different when lifelink and deathtouch were triggered abilities

>it went well
>I played my voltron general on turn 8
>right on curve

Yes you can, because with deathtouch you are "dealing" lethal 1 dmg to everything.
So the damage goes to the next blocker.