Weekend Warcraft Lore General

The Cold Embrace of Death Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DKutw1zDgms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Black Empire will rise again!

Azeroth belongs to N'zoth.

what realistically prevented a peaceful resolution between the (human) peasants of lordaeron and the forsaken? surely some of them would be like "holy shit it's mum and da"

It belongs to the Alliance of Arathor, Khaz'modan, and Quel'thalas.

Because they're undead, and the Scourge just devastated Lordaeron in its entirety. Humans and their ilk have zero tolerance for the undead.

Paranoia, resentment, and fear on both sides. Add Scarlets (with a dreadlord) and Sylvanas (with a dreadlord) stirring the pot.

The fact the Forsaken had to be edgy or the kind of people that play them wouldn't.
It's that simple. The Forsaken must be destroyed so that the people who play them leave.

Humans chimped out and began burning everyone, sentient or not.

The Forsaken being power-mad fuckasses? Sure on an individual level they could be fine, but when the only society that'll take you for the most part is a group of megalomaniacs run by an angry bitch and a demon, and there's a religious order that will kill your ass if you don't have someone at your back protecting you, well... you drink the Kool Aid. Your family don't want you back. You're a corpse. You have nowhere else to go. It's a lot like prison. Even if you don't hate blacks and hispanics, if you're white, you shack up with the supremacists because you can't go it alone.

There is no good!
No evil!
No light...
There is only PAH!!!

Forsaken are cute!

youtube.com/watch?v=DKutw1zDgms
>Scarlets obsessed with retaking their homeland
>Harboring no loyalty to their new allies, they'll go to any lengths to ensure their dark plans come to fruition
>As one of the Forsaken, you must massacre anyone who poses a threat to the new order
You're not innocents.

All land is troll land, mon.

Archenon poros, my name is High Exarch Turalyon!

I'm a 1000 year old Lordaeronian Lightforged (blessed of the light to you heathens). I draw Draenei futanari and Illidan fanfiction on my space ship and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Draenei games(Starcraft, Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void).

I train with my hammer every day, this superior weapon can smash through felsteel because it is crystalized over a thousand times and is vastly superior to any other weapon in the universe. I earned my hammer license 200 years ago, and I have been getting better by the day.

I speak Eredun fluently, both the Mac'Aree and Shattrath dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Draenei history and their code of the Light which I follow 100%.

When I get my Draenic visa I am moving to Argus to attend a prestigious highschool to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a wakener or an artificer!

I own several suits of crystalline armor, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Argus so I can fit in easier. I praise the Naaru to my elders and speak Eredun whenever I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck on Argus!

It was clearly about self-survival. Everyone's out to kill you for the monster you appear to be, so you clearly must murder them first.

Humans must be removed. What kind of faggot would pay to play a fantasy game only to be exactly the same thing as he is in real life? Why? The answer is power fantasy. I know for a fact that human players are freaks and losers. When you open a "fantasy only needs one race" thread on Veeky Forums, you can almost smell the dried up semen and doritos over the internet. Same thing when you enter Elwynn Forest. I'm so sad for all the dwarves and night elves who are forced to play with freaks.

I always wondered this but, Where are their fucking homes? I mean i get the incan/mayan/aztec look but in reall ife there are only foundations of homes left as they used mostly wood what is the troll excuse?

>I HATE YOU. I HAAAAAAATE YOU ALL

Maybe they live in yurts?

I feel quite sad for myself, too.
t. nelf

>Draenei games(Starcraft, Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void).
Anyone else ever think how the Draenei are basically more human looking protoss?

They got the blue and gold theme, the greyish skin, the digitigrade legs, the skill in magic/psionics, the highly advanced technology, and the extensive usage of crystals.

.......I didn't. But now I do.

This picture never gets old

>highly advanced technology
It's all magic.

Blizzard is just using the theme park version, like they do for everything.

They don't look accurate because Blizzard doesn't know what's accurate.

Ideal human body right here fellas.

Strong enough to armwrestle orcs and punch out trolls. Stormwind and Lordaeronian lanklets please get out.

In a fantasy setting, magic and technology are interchangeable

They are. Lightforged even more so.
That being said the Protoss will always have more personality than them. Name a member of any Eredar variant more based than Alarak.

Why do they look fat?

>Forgetting about based T'Paartos

What is WoD timeline Arthas like?

Spoiler is BW-Fenix tier, not Alarak-tier.

They don't cut like professional bodybuilders?

Strong core. Weightlifters and strongmen got a thick midsection for lugging heavy stuff and serving as a powerful foundation for their limbs. A strong foundation is essential.

I don't know how Alarak makes black, red, and heavily angular armour look cool and not like a teenager's edgy OC.

Why wasn't Nobundo involved in the Argus content? If Arator can hang out on the Vindicaar, why not Nobundo?

Admittedly their boisterous and resounding voices are pretty similar.

I just hope T'Paartos doesn't share Fenix's fate.

Because demons and shit are Paladin territory, not shaman territory

Because he's an ugly shaman and doesn't belong among the mages, priests and paladins of the Alliance (and some elves).

>Why wasn't Nobundo involved in the Argus content?

There were enough ugly broken around.

America, fuck yeah!

>That being said the Protoss will always have more personality than them. Name a member of any Eredar variant more based than Alarak.

If Alarak wasn't voice by John de Lancie people would have just regarded him as another generic Blizz-style edgelord. Velen is a great character who doesn't use his voice actor as a crutch to keep him interesting. Maraad was also pretty great while he lasted. Kil'jaeden was also one of the most influential and threatening villains in the setting despite only showing up occasionally to tell one of his minions off for the longest time.

None of your example have much personality though. They're locomotive characters driven by the plot, rather than the other way around.

Benedictus was right all along, and he just couldn't handle the truth.

>They're locomotive characters driven by the plot, rather than the other way around.

How is that not also the case for Alarak? That's pretty much the case for every Blizzard character in every Blizzard game.

Azeroth belongs to the Elements!

She belongs to Sargeras.

But Sargeras is now Ilidans fuckslut

She made her opinion known when she made elves. Everyone else, you're unwanted.

Starcraft 2 main trilogy characters always drive the plot rather than are driven by it. This is because the story is written with them and their struggles in mind and permits them to have characterization outside of the plot railroad, while the characters in WoW are just there to keep your interest and hype you up for the next raid tier. The fact they've been doing it well in Legion doesn't change that it's what they've been doing, or you'd actually get to know them on more than a mission-based basis.

Tl.Dr. Starcraft does far more characterization than an RTS needs, WoW does far less than an RPG needs, this leads to a conclusion that completely different priorities are placed on the characters in those settings.

Illdians stuck in some Felfire cage being poked by Sargeras who's bored out of his mind along with the Titan Pantheon since they sealed themselves in that prison without installing Crystal HD.
Go home pigs your drunk.

Fuck off back to /v/, warcraft was never good

>not being drunk on Orc murder

Necromancers will be the final class added to the game. They will be a mail spellcaster for ranged DPS pet class and healing, with a focus on siphoning life essence from mobs and their pets to heal party members.

Still can't believe Blizz didn't just make Gazlowe the Goblin racial leader. Does anybody, in-character or out like this fat fuck?

ain't that Gazlowe

Himself?

No, that's Jastor Gallywix.

they're gonna kill him for sure

Necromancers are just warlocks without demon pets.

I really hope this is the expac that rids us of him. Goblins (and worgen) need new starting experiences.

>9.7% of the alliance's military is death knights
>zero tolerance for the undead

All according to keikaku, you see.

>not liking based gallywix

But user, Death Knights are the GOOD undead.

Remember the first walk through Orgrimmar/Stormwind? You have people calling you filth, throwing garbage at you, calling you abberations that must be put down and traitors. It's only when Varian/Thrall lay down their order from on high that death knights are honored warriors of their faction who have returned from the darkness and that they WILL be treated with respect that that behavior stops right quick.

>Death Knights
>Good

Gallywix is one of the most reviled Horde leaders out there. The fact that he's putting himself in Sylvanas's corner doesn't help things, either.

A NECESSARY evil.

>You are empty inside... just like me.

>One of the most reviled Horde leaders

According to who? You?

Gallywix is fun and doesn't give a shit and is acting like a true goblin. Who would you even replace him with? That retarded Mida?

He's evil
He's a fun villain, but if you played the goblin starting zone and think he's someone you're supposed to admire you're braindead.

Are they saving the Nerubians for an expansion?

Azjol-Nerub NEVER EVER, user.

Do you mean as a playable race or as a main enemy?

Never lose that optimism, chief.

neither wtf

They would need to make a subrace that has two arms and legs who are more humanoid.

The peasants didn't see their friends, family, and kinsman that were lost and hurt and confused, they saw the undead that had destroyed their nation and stole everything they knew from them. Also, what said.

Everyone was sort of trying to pick themselves back up during Vanilla, not everyone seemed to be quite sure what to do. I think it'd be very interesting to see what would have happened if the Alliance's beliefs on the undead were a bit more lenient as they are today back then, and they begrudgingly welcomed back the undead into the Alliance. It would have been very interesting to see co-Human and Undead populations trying to mix back together once they realized their sentience and ability to do good.

However, whether or not it works well depends on the characterization of the Forsaken themselves. I believe that the distrust and refusal the Forsaken initially received sparked the development of their current wickedness, cruelty, and lack of honor. If the Forsaken act a bit more like they did in Vanilla, shifty and shady, but lost, in dire need of aid, and determined to prove themselves worthy of existence to their faction and to eradicate the forces of the Scourge to prevent such a fate falling on anyone else, well, then they'd mix in about as well as Nelves do currently, or at least as well as Worgen. If not, then it'd all fall in on itself, they'd end up exiled if not absolutely wiped out, proving once again that all Undead are a blight upon the world.

They're saying it for the Northrend expansion to bring back the money.

>He's evil

So? This is a video game not setting to base your moral compass on.

If he was just a guy on the to fight and kill, that would be fine, but when he is LITERALLY THE MAIN VILLAIN OF HIS RACE'S STARTING ZONE you've got problems.

Sassy should have ascended to Trade Princess while Thrall doomhammered his skull in.

Nigga get some reading comprehension.
Gallywix being "Reviled" doesn't mean she should be removed from the game or that the devs who made him or the players who like him have done something wrong, it's means he's a little green jew that in-lore is someone who is definitely reviled by the rest of the horde.

It's like if someone were to say "Man, scar from the lion king is someone easy to detest", and then you say
>According to who? You? Scar is fun and doesn't give a shit and is acting like a true lion. Who would you even replace him with? That retarded (insert obscure lion king character here)?

The Goblins aren't morally virtuous people, they're just the same as Gallywix.

Lol wow thanks for stating the horde leaders in lore don't really like gallywix a lot, thanks buddy! i didn't know that until you mentioned it off handly

(you're a retard btw)

especially when my posts were talking about player opinion not lore opinion you fucking spastic

And even the GOBLINS fucking hate Gallywix.

Everyone in the Goblin starting experience, while still being greedy little shits with no regard for personal safety, fucking hate his guts even BEFORE he sells them all into slavery. Gallywix is bad even by Goblin standards.

Wow, you certainly outwitted me you unfit to breed mouthbreather.

Are any of the new allied races lewd.

All of them.

/flirt my friend.

Most PLAYERS hate Gallywix, let alone characters in the actual game.

Sad to say it but you're in the small minority pal.

>one of the lines is literally "Somebody get a rope!"

How did Metzen get away with this?

Female Highmountain tauren and female lightforged draenei are super lewd.

maybe you shouldn't respond to posts about player opinion with what your fucking npc lore nan thinks illiterate virgin waster

It's a sequence that lasts a few minutes at most and comes from throwaway NPCs?

Evidently not everyone, seeing people worked for him and went along with his plans. The only people who don't like him primarily are those who work for you in your company i.e - the supposed next Trade Prince.

People who hate Gallywix are either dumb moralfags or allyposters.

Eitherway you're just making up figures, most PLAYERS I know think Gallywix is funny and based.

>People who hate Gallywix are either dumb moralfags

I mean, maybe.

>Allyfags
Alliance players don't give two shits about Gallywix unless they can use to him to take the moral highground on something.

If you wanted to expand Lordaeron & Azeroth during/prior to the First War, where would you "realistically" add another human or dwarf kingdom?

Hillsbrad.

It's kind of weird how Lordaeron raps around like that.

>"I expect you to use it!" Ziya growled. "It's what you do. You use things. You're a monster!"

>To her surprise, Gallywix nodded.

>"Yeah, I am," he said. "But not that kind."

>"You're exactly that kind!"

>"No," Gallywix said. "We ain't ever met face to face, Sergeant, so let me explain. I don't mind selling you if you get careless. I'll send you to die if it'll help the Cartel's bottom line. But I won't get you killed by stupidity or a big dumb weapon for nothing. That ain't me."

>He glanced at the ring hanging around her neck. Her hands closed protectively around it. An unreadable expression crossed his face.

>"For what it's worth," he said, "I'm sorry about what happened to your husband in Hyjal. But I ain't sorry about anything I've done. So, yeah, I'm a monster. But I watch out for what's mine. When I can."

>"And right now, that means hiding this big gun before anyone else finds out about it."