>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:
→ → #
→ → #
→ → #
→ → #
→ → #

Other urls found in this thread:

madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_10&products_id=270
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=141
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A
youtube.com/watch?v=_Iz-tbFXRZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Any idea where I can find a Venetian mask type head for a guardsmen model?

I've been looking for this myself some time ago and there are definitely a few options
1. madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_10&products_id=270
Classic IG heads made for traitor imperial guard. Just cut off the spiky bits and you have great masked guards.

2. puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=141 These samurai heads are definitely more flashy, but also a bit more regalian-looking. Either saw off the horns or use them as veterans/commanders.

Example dorf from a batch of 10 I'm dong, trying to get the 90 other models to this standard, hope to win a best painted prize in a tournament on April
C&C welcome...

Can temperature being too cold fuck up my primer? It's snowing out there and I need to paint. I usually prime my models in my garage

>snowing out there
That's definitely too cold.
You can usually pull it off down to 5°C but even that won't look the best and anything under that will be just wasting paint.
Either do it in your garage (heated) and then aerate or wait for better days.

Yes, I've usually followed the directions on the can with great success, however other variables like distance and humidity levels can effect it

My guard are not boring. Posted them in the last thread, but didn't get much feedback on them. I used the empty helmets from the Cadian set and chopped down the grot heads to fit. All lasguns and chainswords were chopped down in a few places to make them just small enough to look right and still fit the grot proportions.

Not an model request, but hobby-related anyway. Anyone know where I can get some blank MtG-sized cards? I'd like to make something akin to datacards but more. Not just psychic powers, objectives etc but relics, rules, unit and weapon profiles etc, kindof like making an armylist but with a deck instead.

All I keep finding are either slimmer than MtG cards (2.5"x3.5") or are coated so you'd need a printer or a fucking sharpie that smudges all over or looks generally hideous.

I'm fluffing my IG as being assigned as a personal cohort/army for my SoB HQ. So I want to paint them in a color scheme that's not camo, more like something clean, elegant and shiny. Bling guard. No grime on these lasguns baby. I want them to really stand out at a distance, like a brilliant legion ready to purge.

Any tips/inspirations you can share? Thanks.

Browse through College/School colors for a good color scheme (especially American college football). Their colors are usually chosen to stand out on the playing field and are often only two or three colors. They are also put onto the equipment of the players in a way that can help you pattern out which pieces of your guardsmen's kit will be which color of the scheme.

What models are you using? Most obvious color scheme is one that uses the heraldry of your sobs.

If you don't already have models I'd recommend Tempestus because they already look more regal and clean. For colours, I'd say something that matches your SoB uniforms but not perfectly. Make it compliment. If you are going with default Celestine, maybe white or red plates with gold trim.

This is all in my head so far, but I mean to build this army soonish since SoB are (hopefully) getting plastic models this year. So nothing is set in stone just yet.

I'm mostly trying to pin down the look I'm going for at this point, so inspiration helps.

If you want to go flashy you can get mordians or the new dress uniform range from anvil, then apply the scheme you like. Look into heraldry if you want to create a custom one. General rule is avoiding combinations like white and yellow.

The thing is they look great so no one really has any critique to give them, and most people dont respond with something like "They look awesome!" because they're too busy jerking off over paint thinning memes.
Are you doing an entire army of these guys?

Neat, I just went with having my grots loot imperial arms and hats, oh loads of hats.

>Put some base layers on your model
>literally looks like shit
>put some shades on it
>suddenly you see the light

Shades are black magic.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Avoiding red as a major color because both of the guys I play with have red armies. White would be nice but I know it's hard to work with. Maybe blue and silver or something like that.

Yeah.
Painted my rotboys entirely with shades and metallics, it's just amazing.

Now clean up those shade lines!

That's what i'm doing right now.

Posted yesterday some progress on the waaagh glow. Any ideas on how to further improve this?

Decimator has some cool design but I can't get over how stupid it looks to have the head in the middle or below the shoulders. Also with the head being so small.

Not the user who you're replying to but thanks for sharing those mad robot blood pact heads, I haven't checked out their site in a while and looks like I've missed some good stuff.

Those are fucking great, user

Making a mechanicus train depot themed kill team/zone mortalis board with 1x1 swappable tiles. I wanna make a power room, fuel room, cargo room, and an outside tile. Any other ideas?

finally managed to varnish my little 2008 mechanized army (6x Chimeras, 2x Bombards, 1x Hydra, 1x Manticore)

buttview

Pretty nice. what varnish did you use?

Y'know, despite the sheer fuckery required to get this bastard to hold his weapon with two hands, I am actually fairly happy with the result.

I feel like this would look a better if the head was looking to the right instead of the left, it would make it seem more like he's about to swing.

Klir (don't know how it's called in UK or US) with airbrush 0.5mm @ 15 psi

One of the other Allari is posed like that already, so I tried to make this guy look like he's about to fire the gun.
The kit is really fucking limited...

how do I go about making the pill bottle stasis tubes? I've seen them a few times but I'm not sure how y'all get things to hang in them

wip helbrute

First models of 2018, really REALLY like these sculpts but i wanted to personalise each somehow

Also first attempt at making a lighting effect, howd i do?

Geeze, that is some bush league recasting. It's going to take a lot of work to get rid of all the inquisition symbols and Dark Angels icons off of that thing

Reds and yellows look great, but your greens need some work

So, when are you gonna shade that model?

It's currently Pledge floor care finish. A $6 bottle lasts you years.

Can anyone recommend me a good, non chalky white? It can be a very light grey, I don't mind.

Also, has anyone used different varnishes on the same model? I'm thinking matte armour plates, satin metallics and gloss cables. Will this look terribad?

Your OPic doesn't need to be (3.11 MB, 4608x3456) if it's an out of focus piece of shit anyway.

No shit?

It's a ridiculously hard-wearing varnish, and very useful to mix into certain washes as well.
Good stuff.

Allarus and Aquilon would be way better if they switched pads. Aquilon pads look nice on Allarus and Allarus pads look way better on Aquilons.

I almost want to get both, but 30k doesn't have rules for Allarus, and I make my golden boys for that.

Well fair enough.
It doesn't eat your paint?
Bottle stickers like "Twice as glossy! XD" are also a bit off-putting.

Workin on dat odd fellow

It's basically pure gloss acrylic mixed with a wetting agent. Nothing I'd want to use for a topcoat (the finish sort of sucks), but it's tough, and good enough for clearcoating before decals and oil washes. Plus if you dunk clear parts in the stuff (things like aircraft canopies), it fills in the minor surface flaws and makes the part super clear. Need an airbrush to apply it most of the time, though.

Uh...

I've almost finished my Leviathan for my Dark Angels, hopefully I didn't disgrace the Lion too badly with my meager painting skills.

fantastic! is that an existing model or kitbashed?

How does this compare to Vallejo or GW finishes? Is the only reason to get it because it's cheaper?

I'm getting a Hulk vibe off of this. Repaint the pants purple.

[email protected]

how do i contact Zman for counterfeit plastic drugs

fuck off and don't beg. do your own leg work

the main application is treating clear acrylic glass, as the effect it has on that is spectacular.
Using it as an intermediate protective coat before transfers is also a fairly common use.

I pretty much havent painted a model in over 10 years and I wanted to just...do it again. picked up, amongst other things the baby's first big hand marines ...and I feel like I am failing.

Don't overdo it, leave it aside for a week or so and come back to it

Lads I've got a space wolves pack on sprues for some reason, don't particularly want to use them... thinking of saving them for this years secret santa but that is a long way away, any ideas? Ebay selling is a hassle.

Like dis?

>thinking of saving them for this years secret santa but that is a long way away, any ideas?

Your first idea is a pretty good one.

There's also DakkaDakka, Facebook (you belong to any 40K groups there?) and Bartertown.

>Ebay selling is a hassle.

Only if you *let* it be a hassle. I bet you could get a few bucks for some models still on the sprue - even if they're not Primaris marines!

I own the set on the right. The pictures dont do them justice, they are literally superior to FW sculpts.

Give the forgeworld empire ironside handgunners lasguns. Done

Do I have to take any particular precautions when working with resin, as compared to plastic?

Work in a well ventilated area and wear a mask? Other than those two I guess you could get the model and tools you are using wet to try and reduce the amount of dust that gets into the air.

absolutely, when working with resin, try to do it in a well-ventilated area, and wear breathing protection if you're gonna be filing/sanding

I've never had to file or sand mine so far, I only clip it with cutters and maybe trim down with an exacto-knife and I still have a carpenter's mask cause I ain't messing with my lungs for this hobby, and I collect DKOK so yeah

Other than that, before doing anything you have to wash resin in warm soapy water, otherwise the release agent won't let your primer paint stick on

Working on my Heroquest minis

Gw's valhallan snow stuff is pretty good from my first go with it, needs a really good stir in the pot but it looks pretty good once on.
I'll pop some on the grass once the grass has glued to the base properly

Figured out a neat way to make handles look worn through use. Work with a white basecoat and apply layers of wash for color. Then, take your finger or something else that would have the firmness of flesh and rub the surface to the desired effect. You could probably take this technique and put it to anything that hands would touch often and rub down the surface of.

The best thing about HeroQuest is the minatures

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

This man is my hero

Everyone fails at first. Keep at it, consider your mistakes, see how you can improve, and follow some good tutorials.

The best thing about heroquest is the artwork it’s cracking.

Unironic question, what is the relative popularity of HeroQuest and why? From what I understand, it's a pretty old game, but I never see anything except undying devotion from people who like it.. The boards look cheap and cartoonish, but the figures are lovingly painted. Never see anything apart from paper/cardboard maps, either.

The best thing about Heroquest is the...

youtube.com/watch?v=_Iz-tbFXRZY

Hey, I asked you about the skin tones you get on your orks. You told me, amongst other things, trollblood but it looks like GW have stopped selling it. Any ideas?

What's the ugliest sculpt you guys have ever bothered painting?

My own face, with makeup

>What's the ugliest sculpt you guys have ever bothered painting?

Brother Meredith.

It’s simple boardgame D&D, easy to pickup and fun to play with friends. Plus it’s fucking awesome.

Heh

Jesus, that stroke face.

its because trollblood isnt a GW color i think i even wrote P3 before trollblood, sorry if not

but yeah you should be able to get privateer press paints at your FLGS if not online stores are your friend

It kickstarted the dungeon crawler board game genre and there is a lot of nostalgia and charm.

Brother Napier was cool AF back in the day

Aaaaaah! Thanks bro, all mkes sense now!
I am not a clever man

I'm partial to brother repp, the act of aiming carefully with a meltagun is hilarious.

What is this shit, and why am I fully erect?

You can still miss at the effective range of 5 feet. Aiming counts

I'm trying to find from which model that terminator armor is from, any ideas?

looks like the grand shark of the space sharks.

For the head and arms, yes, but not the torso and legs.

Never mind, found it thanks to th twist of the torso, it's Typhus with details filed down.

Looking for a good drybrush to go over Stirland Battlemire + Agrax.

The Citadel app recommends Tyrant Skull but when was the last time you saw mud with a creamy finish? It just doesn't look right.

depends on what you want

I drybrushed rather liberally some screaming skull on top of Battlemire + Typhus Corrosion, getting this calcite-looking dust

Is he looking at a christmas tree?

Post progress/comparison pics. Left is my first model from 09, middle is from 2013 and right is from a few days ago.

what?

I'm attempting to do Skitarii doing a No Man's Land thing. Got some barbed wire, I want it to look wet, but the mud tends to fade into one shade from more than about 2 feet away

Noice. Keep it up. Don't have any progress pic myself I'm afraid.

wait, I'm pretty sure there's a gloss version of Stirland, if not, use Nuln Oil Gloss to give it that wet look

maybe do the Gloss after drybrushing, to give it depth