GURPSgen GURPS General

Monday Morning Edition.

>Last Thread.
>What is GURPS?

Generic Universal Role Playing Game. An old RPG that has been constantly updated, currently in it's 4th edition. Famously able to do just about anything.

>Where the fuck are the links?
We don't pastebin, but look around and you can find a PDF with everything you need.

>How many points, bitch?
If you don't know just go with 150/-50

Question to start out:
Real world setting or fictional world?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=115624)
pastebin.com/kRh5LB2c
warehouse23.com/products/caravan-to-ein-arris-gurps-fourth-edition)
sjgames.com/gurps/biblios.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Real world setting or fictional world?
Fictional; any time I've run a game in a real world/alt history setting, folks have gotten their panties in a twist about what REALLY would have happened. I might go back to it one day, but damn that burns my ass to hear.

Bitch we are rolling dice and playing, do you really thing this is your podium to wank off about your fucking art history degree?

/gurpsgen/, what're some interesting things/monsters/challenges to spice up combat? Things beyond the whole "don't get flanked/surrounded". I mean enemies that make your players think, like say a turtle-monster enemy that has very high torso DR so PCs need to think about hit locations. Fantasy examples preferred but I'm interested in anything.

>fucking art history degree
When the hell else am I supposed to? It's not like the other waiters want to hear about it.

I had a lot of fun with a diffuse grappler who did chokes. There was a group of goblins that used flash bangs (Nageteppo) and Molotovs (lamp oil). Slams, shoves, and sweeps make a regular appearance. Caltrops or bad footing in general can keep the PCs on their toes so to speak. Using the "don't get flanked/surrounded" thing against them. How would the PCs copy with opponents in a shield wall or testudo formation?

*cope, not copy.

Thanks user, gives me something to think about.

Caltrops, bad footing are great, goblins with fire is great. Not sure about shield wall; because it's something they can just avoid, right?

Not if it's in the direct path to their goal.

Might be a bit on the cruel side, but how about a monster with highly corrosive blood? Hurting it in close combat means they risk getting splashed and hurt, not to mention what it'll do to their weapons.

That's up there in Rust Monster territory; punishing players for doing nothing wrong

Depends; do they get prep time or not? If they have sufficient warning for what's coming, they can figure out a way to deal with it.

Good point, and that's reminded me that there's actually something I could throw up that already fits there.

I'd do it, but they'd get a warning beforehand and time to prepare, rather than
>just activated my trap monster.

You've got to handle those with some tact, certainly.

But here's the devil's advocate question;
>If they have time to prepare for a rust monster, is it still an appropriate threat? Are you challenging them at all?

This isn't really a rust monster situation, just that attacking it always provokes a spurt of corrosive blood... Which CAN destroy armour, but it's not an instant given. It's still a threat though, just like someone approaching you with a drawn sword is a threat, you know it's there, but you have to deal with it. Combined with other complications it gets interesting.

Corrosive blood would be a damned good reason to use a crushing weapon.

I've played some 5e D&D campaigns and am currently in the middle of a modded gold and glory campaign set in the bronze age.
I have an idea and story I want to try out regarding a diesel punk setting with lots of mecha, espionage and maybe some aircraft sections. I wanted to set up a regular levelling system with state increases and swap out the mage class for range weapons experts. And then include perks for the regular fighter and ranger equivalents to give them more variety in their fighting other than just 'use weapon on target'.
I've never GM'd before and only have experience as a player. Is Gurps a good fit for this?

How about enemies that cast psychotropic chemicals that make your team roll resist or end up attacking each other.
Enemies that get bloodlusted and stronger the more wounded you are.
Enemies that divide and multiply as you attack them
Enemies that transform from a plane into a tank or from a man into a giant snake.
Enemies that can change the direction of gravity or send you back in time during the battle.

>I have an idea and story I want to try out regarding a diesel punk setting with lots of mecha, espionage and maybe some aircraft sections.
Awesome
> I wanted to set up a regular levelling system with state increases and swap out the mage class for range weapons experts.
Wat
>And then include perks for the regular fighter and ranger equivalents to give them more variety in their fighting other than just 'use weapon on target'.
Wat
>I've never GM'd before and only have experience as a player.
We can tell

Maybe expand more on your ideas? GURPS can handle lost stuff, you just seem to only be giving us half the story

>Enemies that transform from a plane into a tank or from a man into a giant snake.
SNAAAAAAKE MAAAAAAAN

>diesel punk setting
No problem. In GURPS terms, diesel punk is Tech Level 6 or 7 with added superscience allowing access to higher tech-equivalent gear.

>mecha
Can get problematic in GURPS, but do-able, especially if you keep them moderately realistic.

>espionage
GURPS is excellent for espionage. There are lots of rules for investigation and social interaction.

>aircraft
Like mecha, can be slightly problematic, but do-able.

>regular levelling system
GURPS doesn't have levels as such, although it's easy to simulate them by things like only giving XP in large blocks and restricting what can be bought.

>swap out the mage class for range weapons experts. And then include perks for the regular fighter and ranger equivalents to give them more variety in their fighting other than just 'use weapon on target'.

GURPS doesn't really use classes and it's class-like equivalents (templates) include a lot of ranged weapon experts.

There's no need to worry about adding more detail for combat characters. GURPS has an abundance of choices for them.

I may or may not have just cackled darkly at the prospect of creating a group on NPCs

I might be a GM

Been planning a firefly-esque setting, but going to throw Cthulhu and other eldritch cosmic horror elements.
Not sure how to do combat with most mooks - do I just throw people at them, with the enemies acting like headless chickens? I'm worried about throwing competent firearm equipped people at them.

Another matter is somehow including lovecraftian shit. I've read cthulhupunk but its not that helpful for me

When in doubt, scare yourself.

Don't shy away from grotesque body horror and ungodly behavior. The uncaring, unthinking, lizard brain God's of the dark cosmos do not even regard man as a conscious being. Play up the uncaring, unloving, unempathetic universe of pain and toil and misery.

Life is suffering, and existence is an aberration.

If anybody here also frequensts /cyoag/, do you think Traveler Tales would make a fine setting for GURPS?

>Don't shy away from grotesque body horror and ungodly behavior. The uncaring, unthinking, lizard brain God's of the dark cosmos do not even regard man as a conscious being. Play up the uncaring, unloving, unempathetic universe of pain and toil and misery.
On the other hand, please never do the "indescribable horror" thing. It really isn't that scary.

>How to threaten PC's without slaughtering them.

When guns come out give PC's plenty of cover and make skilled shooters the exception rather then the rule.Pistols and shotguns are scary without being absoloutly devastating.

>Mythos stuff

Space cults and humans gone mad out in the dark are always great, and a good source of fearless people with knives and axes willing to charge people with guns.

Alright, I'm halfway through making an Excel table but I figured that I should ask before I've wasted too much time: has anyone calculated what the average $ value of Dungeon Fantasy 8: Treasure Tables is?

I'm with this guy. That said I don't demand much in the way of historical accuracy, just a sketched outline of things.

Where's the sexy wimmins
This is man
Need wimmins

>Been planning a firefly-esque setting, but going to throw Cthulhu and other eldritch cosmic horror elements.

Yeah, you can go mythos real fucking easy with that one. Remember what was said about the reavers having taken too long a look out into nothing? And how that turned out to be wrong? Except drug-fueled rampages aren't contagious. Reaver-ism is. And how did Miranda, reaver ground zero, look? Not like a trashed crack joint, that's for sure. The place wasn't even falling apart like an abandoned place should. It was clean, clinical, almost frozen. There's more to this story, that's for sure.

How do I make a macuahuitl without AR(0.5)?
Fantasy-Tech has a very high powered one but I wanted something milder and less over the top.

>we dont pastebin
in other words you're too lazy to keep up with shit after some retard made a thread after that
gotcha

>made a thread without it

Confirmed illiterate.

>doesnt deny it
wew

Why not just treat it as a cheap broadsword?

>Missed the bit about a pdf in the op with a pdf file as the image.
wew

Should you give players a discount to starting equipment if they have skills to bargain or craft the piece of equipment themselves?

Maybe

DF does this and it works fine. I'd say a 50% discount on equipment that a character could reasonably have created themselves. I'd especially allow this in a game where money/gear isn't going to be a focus and players only rarely replace their equipment.

In addition to this, are there good rules for crafting and building somewhere? One of my players wants to be a merchant who crafts his good.

It's me, the grouchy neighborhood FAQ user. Freezing my ass off and welding gets old real fast, so I'll probably have more time next couple weeks. I've been mostly lurking, and I've seen some good questions in the threads lately, but I haven't updated FAQ yet. So far my plans for the next update to the thread FAQ include:

>Other FAQ links. Official FAQ and Unofficial forum FAQ.
>Pyramid index resource
>Adventure index, which I saw a couple threads back. If someone could link it to me, I'd be grateful.
>A table of fucking contents. It'll need it sooner than later
>Probably a switch to TeX formatting, since this living document shit will likely become too unwieldy for markdown.

>Most common "How do genre?" questions, as broadly as possible. Probably some obvious ones and some more opaque ones. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking:
>Cyberpunk, since there kind of isn't a Cyberpunk sourcebook for 4th, exception Pyramid articles.
>Dark Fantasy, since I've been seeing a lot of that on Veeky Forums lately
>Suggestions?

Please, I'm starving for suggestions. Give me TODOs.

You just need to learn how to look at them the right way.

>>Adventure index, which I saw a couple threads back. If someone could link it to me, I'd be grateful.

Hopefully this works.

I'd really like to see a good pyramid article index, with tags or something for all the different things because it's a right pain finding the articles you want. What software could do that? A wiki? Could we make it part of an existing wiki?

>>Most common "How do genre?" questions, as broadly as possible. Probably some obvious ones and some more opaque ones. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking:
>>Cyberpunk, since there kind of isn't a Cyberpunk sourcebook for 4th, exception Pyramid articles.
>>Dark Fantasy, since I've been seeing a lot of that on Veeky Forums lately
>>Suggestions?
An *extremely* specific example that comes up now and again (perhaps because of the Monster Hunter books?) is "How Do Monster Hunter (The Capcom Game)?"

The answer is, what, LTC2+Fantasy-Tech 2 for oversized weapons, The Material Difference for crafting, and whatever that Pyramid article about fighting large creatures is. And probably a bunch of more things (dinosaur+dragon stats, for starters), but that's a good start.

A catalog of Stupid GM Tricks. Basically minor tweaks and suggestions that don’t fit within a larger narrative of genre. Stuff like “treat a large number of monsters/allies as a swarm or horde to cut down on bookkeeping and/or let PCs feel badass by downing three with a single swing.”

>enemies that send you back in time

There's a difference in the swing add but that's actually a good idea, thanks!

DFRPG gives 20% discount if the character successfully roll against appropriate crafting skill. Failure increases price by 10%. I'd say just give them the discount if they have reasonable skill with it (no cheeky Armoury (Body Armor) IQ-1 [1] 9 Medium Plate but maybe cheap mail).

Low Tech Companion 2
Don't forget to prohibit Inspired Creation, it's broken.

GURPS Low Tech Companion 3

Holy shit, user, that's great! Appreciate you.

The actively maintained Pyramid index is here: (forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=115624) However, it is without tags, unfortunately. I agree about the difficulty of finding the articles you want. A spreadsheet is the most rudimentary database there is, so some kind of web-based spreadsheet would probably be the best. Most GURPS related wikis are dead, and the only wiki which it would feel appropriate to edit would be 1d4chan. That might be outside the scope of what I want to work on at the moment, though.

Noted. Thank you!

Definitely. A section of Stupid GM tricks is a good idea. I'll probably want to cover small, broadly applicable tricks. Maybe link to blog articles which go into further detail. I'd probably also want to avoid creeping too much on the scope of the "How to" book they published. Probably a good idea to link to it right away at the head of the section.

Here
is right, I got LTC mixed.

I seem to remember that the AtE crafting rules were a bit better than the LTC ones, although I don't remember them well enough to tell you why...

AtE is after the end right? Would it's crafting system work for a TL4 fantasy campaign?

Today's character was inpired by a character of mine from another game which in turn was inspired by Destiny Gundam.
Started with Knight template, added Sorcerer lens, tweaked the skills a bit and here it is.
I'm pretty happy with him! Except the armor, which has no common theme and is clearly cobbled together for mechanical benefits. I blame LT armor being fucking expensive.

Use Armor and Blur before combat if possible, flay enemies at range with fireball, if engaging in melee quickly grip sword in two hands and ready Ultimate Blade spell/perk to increase sword's quality and the fight normally.

Can simplistic games be run in GURPS?

Basically I have an idea for a game that has 4 main attributes and maybe 10 or so skills. Can you make that fit into something like GURPS?

Sure. If you want to keep things balanced with a few very very broad broad skills, use wildcard skills (for example GUN! for shooting all guns, talking about guns, fixing guns, building guns, fast drawing guns, etc). GURPS only has 4 main attributes anyway.

I feel like it is a bit misleading to say GURPS only has 4 main attributes. It is true, sure, but still not all there is to it. Perception and Will are basically theit own attributes (aside from being based on IQ). Speed and Move are less like HT, DX or IQ but more like ST in that they're not used for skills but only as statistics. HP and FP are their own thing even if they're based on ST and HT.

It's not misleading, it's a simplification, the simplification is that a 'real stat' does not depend on any values but it's own, of course as you yourself point out the derived stats are practically stats themselves. But for terminology's sake, a stat doesn't depend on any values but it's own. Derived stats exist in other games but they're not considered stats in those games either.

>Can simplistic games be run in GURPS?

Yeah, it's called GURPS lite + Wildcard skills

If you want to be even lighter, look at GURPS ultra lite

LTC's crafting rules assume INSANE margins of success for Fine/Very Fine results, but they also allow perks, techniques, and equipment/materials that add to margins of success significantly, putting them in the realm of well-off seasoned masters. My only remaining quibble is that you can't set out for high-quality gear--you can only stack bonuses and hope for the best, which seems weird--but all in all it's not awful for most things.

AtE's crafting rules are very generous as well as abstract; while LTC has you determine material weight and cost and work backward to determine the amount of labor involved, AtE simply requires you to have spent a fraction of the gear's cost on materials and an amount of time determined by the gear's final cost. It works for junkers trying to cobble makeshift rifles out of scrap, but anything else is liable to get wonky. Unless your TL4 setting is pretty lax and gonzo, I wouldn't recommend AtE's crafting.

>Attributes
First, when people discuss "attributes" or "ability score" in reference to games, they are almost always referring to the core basic scores. In D&Dsphere the main six are: STR, CON, DEX, WIS, INT, CHA. These are independent statistics which don't rely on anything else to exist. When someone asks "What are your attributes/ability scores?", they usually _don't_ mean things like carry capacity or speed, which are derived scores.

For the discussion of systems and the core attributes that all characters have, GURPS absolutely has four main "Attributes".
>Four numbers called “attributes” define your basic abilities: Strength (ST), Dexterity (DX), Intelligence (IQ), and Health (HT).
B14

Will, Speed, Move, etc, are all "Secondary Characteristics."
>“Secondary characteristics” are quantities that depend directly on your attributes. You can raise or lower these scores by adjusting your attributes. You can modify some of them directly: start with the value calculated from your attributes and spend the required points to adjust it away from that base level. This does not affect the related attribute scores.
B15

It may be true that secondary characteristics are their own mechanical entities and are subject to different rules, but they are expected in some form in most games. People don't usually go looking for a game with a short list of attributes to the exclusion of some kind of health system, right? Be it Wounds, HP, Grit, whatever, a health mechanic is expected to exist, be derived, and individually managed to some extent. Similarly with Will saves, or with Speed, Move, and Carry. FP pulls double duty as Mana or your vancian spell limit, and for most players in rules-light games it can be safely ignored.

Not only is it technically incorrect to say that they are attributes, it is faulty to treat them as such in discussion.

Why do I like GURPS so much when there's so many better systems out there?

Why can't I get anyone to play GURPS with me?

Why can't I just die already?

I posted a thread earlier and didn't really get any replies

I want to run a Silent Hill style game, and I had some logistic things I'd like to sort out

- How many players should I have in the game? Silent hill is all about personal horror, so having 5 James Sunderlands running around kinda defeats the purpose. 2 - 3 I think is the limit, but should I even allow more than 1 player?

- How should I handle the game exactly? The idea I have right now is that the players would have a reason they're going to silent hill (regular old "muh wife", "muh daughter", or "muh dead father"). The town will be layed out, with multiple locations of interest, each containing clues towards their eventual goal

Because it's solid, hackable and well supported. Additionally, no.

Assuming you can find a group for any game other than GURPS, probably memes and prejudice. File the serial number off of Lite, write a one-shot, and trick them into playing. Don't tell them it's GURPS. Repeat as needed.

Because the all-seeing eye needs you to roll 3d6s to a ripe old age.

Srsly tho, user, if you're looking to GM, hit up the discord for players. You might not get any bites, but better to try. I'm pretty sure there's a link to the discord in the OP.

> Better systems out there

>What is Genesys?

It is me again ! I have six posts typed up for the siberian S.T.A.L.K.E.R. campaign, if anybody wants to read them ?

2-3 sounds good if you make extensive use of private messages. The rest of what you have sounds good too. The only thing you really really need when running a horror game is players that want to be scared. If a single person doesn't play along, the mood is ruined for everyone.

>Genesys
>Generic/Universal
Pick one. It's as much of a generic system as d20/OGL.

Not particularly good.

t. assblasted grognards

>Pic related
+ Wildcard skills, from B175. Part of the point of Wildcard skills is to let you run a super-small list of skills and still have them be relatively balanced for point cost. You don't need to explicitly list the contained skills for the players, but you should keep it written down somewhere, in the event that you decide you want to play with more granular control over skills.

Remember to ignore rules which are irrelevant, swap rules to your taste, and add rules for tone.

Pasta to follow:

New and curious? Want your friends to play? Have a free resource which boils the game down to its essence: GURPS Lite.

Lite gives you the essential rules while stripping away the rest of the crunchy chaff. It also strips the list of traits down considerably, dropping supernatural, exotic, and most cinematic traits.

Full license: pastebin.com/kRh5LB2c
>you may distribute this PDF file freely under the above restrictions, and post copies of it online.

Also, be sure to check out the Caravan to Ein Arris, which is a FREE adventure which works with just the rules present in Lite. (warehouse23.com/products/caravan-to-ein-arris-gurps-fourth-edition)

Best advice I have for getting your friends to play: make pregenerated characters (full basic set optional) and give them a choice between them, use only the rules in Lite, run a one-shot and do something GURPS can do that other games struggle with.

Listen, I love GURPS as much as the next guy, but calling it the "Best system" is a blatant lie. Genre games are best at what they run, FATE is good for cinematic, Savage Worlds is good for pulp, BRP is good for horror / low fantasy etc. GURPS can run everything pretty damn well, but it's a jack of all trades, master of none (though it is oftentimes better than a master of one)

I am incredibly interested, please post user

>Takes two*10 pages to explain its core dice mechanic
>Dice are proprietary, contrived, and the effects are mostly trivial to emulate with fail-forward and degrees of success.
>Core mechanics aren't even generically applicable because of how much individual baggage there is.
>Entire ruleset is built around cinematic action, which limits the scope.
>Generic system in the same way that d20 is generic
>Universal to the same extent that Transformers is a thoughtful and critically-praised and competitive work of art

At least the presentation and art is nice.

t. grognard salty about shilling and unearned popularity.

Hey GURPS lite user

I know you said you wouldn't be able to work on that S&W lite until the summer due to complications (Please take a good rest, no need to rush!) But I also did find a nice light fantasy PDF that you could probably look at for some inspiration

If Genesys is this bad, then why is there a Genesys General on Veeky Forums, huh?

Alright then ! These are a few sessions of work put together for you, please enjoy .

Last time, the four PCS were going to the Throat anomaly to get back their ax . They go there and see the scarecrow nests carved into the ice wall, and the scarecrows come out to attack them . Scarecrows make a scary noise, screech of disharmonious unison, and they lost some stability points because of it . Then they begin to fly at the PCS . Izzy blasts them out of the sky while Får burns one alive until it drops out of the sky and breaks its spine on ice piles, and the last one tries to ram herself into the fluffy sheep Får ! Vladlena blocks it with her shield and it kills itself in the collission .

Then they hear a chopping noise and it's the head of their ax chopping down the side of the ice wall . The ax head is doing this by itself, with no body there to make it move, so they start freaking out about it . Vladlena wants to hurt it . The ax head starts writing the word TRAPPED in the snow, so Vladlena tries to burn it . Får climbs on Vladlena to keep her calm while Tyche then communicates with the ghost . The ghost's name is Yu and her skull is trapped in the bottom of the Throat anomaly, floating in acid pool . Yu says that a girl named Crow and her Murder did it, and that they took her friend Ren while they were artifact hunting . She wants to say goodbye to Ren before she can pass on . The PCSs want to help Yu, except for Vladlena who just wants to go home and weather winter over . The PCSs decide go to the Bazaar, which is the only big population in the whole northern Zone, to find information about Ren .

Before they do that, they go home and prepare to scavenge for things to sell at the Bazaar for money . Får awakens her civilization programming and fixes the ax and wants to start building things . Tyche cooks up a pound of ANFO for later use from chemicals and fertalizer she got scavenging .

The next day, Får and Izzy go to start logging wood without waking the others so Får can begin fixing their crappy cabin and build things . Får goes right to cutting down big trees, and Izzy goes on an adventure in the woods . She sleds into a tree and finds a nest in its knothole, which has an egg inside of it, which is fist-sized and covered in spines . She takes the egg with her because she wants a pet . Meanwhile, Vladlena is freaking out that Får left her and runs off to find her, chiding the two when she finds them . They all go off scrounging, and find some nice stuff like a stash with a TT-33 and crappy stuff like hundreds of kilos of junk ( those tables are cheap ! ) .

They go to a nearby frozen lake to scavenge a boat and fish for food to take with them to the Bazaar . Vladlena keeps watch while Får fishes and Tyche scrounges, with Izzy keeping her new egg warm with Mr. Mousey in her fritz helmet . Tyche goes inside the boat and discovers that a girl had been camping there, and asks if they should take her stuff . Vladlena wants to take them if the girl won't show up . Soon a girl does show up in the treeline, but she runs away when Vladlena calls to her . Vladlena then threatens to take her stuff, initmidating the girl so much she runs crying to the boat, pleading them to not take her blanket, and slips and falls on the ice . She is young, furred, and missing a cheek .

The girl introduces herself as the sound sniff, and Vladlena bullies her into giving exposition by calling her Snotter . The girl lets herself be called Sniff, and explains that she just ran away from Crow and Ren, who were using her to detect anomalies because of her nose, and would stab her until she did what they wanted . She hides under her blanket from Vladlena the whole time, until Vladlena asks Sniff if she wants to go with them to the Bazaar and live there . Sniff is so excited she hugs Vladlena, and the group then prepare to start their journey to the Bazaar .

The PCSs go to the Bazaar, with Sniff in tow . It takes them five days to hike across the snowy Zone, out of their deep woods and through forests and finally a big snow desert with snow drift dunes . Sniff gets so excited she falls down a dune and breaks her leg, so the others rush into the Bazaar to find a place to sleep and fix Sniff's leg .

Well the Bazaar is a tightly ran ship by Machen and has a guild for merchants and everything, but Somme, the spider-limbed girl working the desk of the guild tells them they have no rooms for people without a membership hard. Tyche is the face of the party and got a crit success ldiplomancing Somme into giving them a temporary membership by admiring all the work she had put into writing the guild contract . They put their junk to be sold in their garage, lock the chain, and warm up in the room which has a radiator . Then they cut open Sniff's leg and fix the fracture with some bones they took from the scarecrows .

The next morning, they have a lot to do . Sniff is excited to talk to Machen, who is the owner of the Bazaar basically and controls it, but gets distracted by how many girls were in the Bazaar, but it was only maybe 40 girls . TTyche and wants to sell stuff so Får can buy machining and mechanic toolkits, and Izzy wants to buy cloth for her fritz helmet egg nest . All three also want to investigate Crow and Ren, but Vladlena wants just sell and buy and go home fast . She doesn't care about Crow, Ren, or Yu .

Får gets excited about the big fire stack in the center of the Bazaar, which as lots of machinery around it and a grouchy three-armed girl climbing a ladder to pour snow into it . Får is too quiet for the grouchy girl to hear with all of the noise, then tells Får that the power plant is no place for kids . Vladlena comes over and bes bitchy at the girl for that . They almost fight, but Tyche smooths it over by getting Får to repair the rickety ladder in exchange for a tour of the plant .

While Vladlena and Får were busy with the grouchy power plant engineer, Izzy was giving her name to every random girl that walked by her . Everyone but a little 9y.o. girl in arctic clothing and braided blonde hair ignored her . The little girl's name is Quatrain, but Izzy kept mispronouncing her name and getting the little girl more and more flustered, which just made Izzy laugh . The little girl kept calling her an idiot until Izzy almost puked up her tar tadpoles at her, which made her run away grossed out .

While Får gets a tour and fixes the grouchy engineer girl's ladder, and Izzy having sacred off Quatrain, Tyche notices Sniff went missing, which she Psychic Hunches that Sniff went to go to see Machen . So they go to her well-furnished office and there she is, dressed well with jewelery and even has working computer on her desk, while Sniff tries to convince Machen she's a good hire because she and her bloody stuffed sock Henrietta are good at counting . She is too professional to look annoyed, but asks the PCSs if Sniff is their lost child .

Tyche then tells Machen that Sniff ran away from Crow and that she is a good anomaly detector, who helped them when they hiked to the Bazaar . Machen frowns when she hears about Crow, but doesn't let anything on because the PCSs couldn't beat her Acting-16 . Tyche loses stability negotiating a good contract for Sniff, but they leave satisfied that Sniff will not be abused and will live a good life . They regroup with Får and the grouchy girl who introduces herself as Marylebone . She gives Får a recommendation for a tool merchant, and then the group sells their stuff and spends over half of their earnings on the tool kits and cloth .

While they are buying things, Vladlena keeps watch over the markets to make sure no pickpockets or anybody else tries to mess with them . She looks to the gates and sees who else but Crow and her Murder, which is two other girls, being friendly with the guards .

Crow wears an assault vest and arctic boots has two tactical holsters carrying pistols, had wings taken from a scarecrow and wore the big scarecrow beak as a half-mask . One of her eyes is a tiger's eye and the other is a chameleon eye . The two girls with her, one was a eyepatch-wearing lupine mutant covered in white fur that cut the air and had a katana, and the other was a cyborg girl with two metal limbs that are very flexible and long and implanted eyes all over her head covered by hair that blinks open and closed to look at you .

Well the furry girl sees Vladlena and the others staring at them, so she stares back with her one eye, a chameleon eye . She keeps an eye on them the whole time Crow and her Murder chat with the guards, and when the Murder goes to the merchant's guild . The PCSs follow the Murder into the guild, and find out that Quatrain is part of Crow's Murder . The cyborg girl, K8, goes upstairs to cuddle her . Tyche pays the tax fo their sales to Somme, and the furry girl approaches Vladlena and asks what business they have with Crow . Vladlena acts like a bitch as always, and gets the mutant girl snarling ad ready to fight . Crow intervenes, and tells Mutt ( yes I am creative ) that Quatrain will want to see her, too, so Mutt goes upstairs . The end result of the conversation is that Mutt has no idea who Ren is, and says Crow doesn't know either . Vladlena also gave a really bad first impression while Tyche was busy so that will be ahrd to repair later .

The PCSs go back to their room and decide to send Mr. Mousey to spy on the Murder. Izzy mutates Mr. Mousey to smell like poop to mask her smell from Mutt . This just makes Mr. Mousey easy to smell to Mutt, but before Mr. Mousey is discovered, Izzy hears through him Mutt asking Crow if Crow wants her to trail them . Izzy mutates Mr. Mousey to smell like candy so Mutt can't pinpoint him, and Mutt's confusion is thankfully taken by Crow as being coy about wanting sweets .

With Mr. Mousey back, the last thing that happens during the session is that Izzy's egg begins to hatch ! Får toold Izzy that the egg is a Howl egg, and you will know why soon . The egg gets broken not by a bird tooth but by a pair of tiny red nubs that will grow into horns, and Izzy's pet Howl hatches out . It is a fist-sized soft white ball of fluff with brown camouflage spots and its eyes are closed . Everyone is super excited until the fluffball opens its beak and screams SKWEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII at the threshold of pain for hearing . Everyone scrambles to shut it up, with Får trying to calm it down by holding it, but it just angrily starts trying to escape screaming SKRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !

Izzy finds some of the fish left from their journey and chews it up for the Howlette to eat, pinching it into the Howlette's mouth . That makes it give trills of happiness and it falls asleep in Izzy's hands . Tyche spends some time talking up the Bazaar to find out about Ren, who used to be a destitue artifact hunter with Yu . The two were last seen during the short summer, with Ren looking a lot happier than usual . Then Tyche asked around for a girl matching Ren's description, and learns that she was here a few weeks ago with a group of girls that matched Sniff's description, although there was no Crow or any members of her Murder among them . She found this out because that TT-33 they found was actually a pistol the girl matching Ren's description bought . It was a weapon bought for someone else and hidden, so I a sure the owner will not be happy that it was taken ! That was the end of the session .

Wow, that is a lot of text . I apologize for the dump, I should get a blog or something . . .

>Popularity is a metric of quality
>Strawmanning what I said with "Bad"
>/aosg/ and /srg/ exist, so they can't be "Bad"

If you want to have a proper discussion about the merits of it instead of memeing, I'm here. I don't doubt it's fun. Hell, I have fun playing Pathfinder. I even have fun fucking with trolls, but that doesn't mean it isn't bad or broken. I doubt its claim to being generic, I doubt its mechanics, the attendant framing and justification, and the convolution of the whole thing.

I could make a FATAL general thread right now. Shit, people might even post in it. Pathfinder has a general, chrissake's, if that's your metric, D&D is probably god's gift to roleplaying, not Genesys, a literal who game compared to the long-standing D&D general.

hey guys and gals, looking for that crystal ball that alters the future based on the Lookers intent or some shit, want to show it to my DM but it's back on my home PC. anyone got it on hand perchance?

Man, that's some crazy goddamn stuff. You've got a fever dream level of GURPS. Sounds like an odd mix of Stalker and Gamma World.

You enjoy getting new reading material from the bibliography pages.
sjgames.com/gurps/biblios.html

What's the best/most useful school of magic and how it can be used?

>Movement.

Powerful combat buffs, hazard bypass, fast travel, defense, debuffs, flight.

Or..

>Mind Control

Stuff with minds are really powerful. Controlling them can give you free backup, eliminate enemies, and you can even give yourself powerful buffs.

>jack of all trades, master of none
Ask me how I know you're a filthy false-flagger.

Good way to put it, as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Gamma World ! It is actually quite tame right now, though ! I plan to get much more aggressive in the weird soon, but the PCSs need to be eased into it first . I think I will make a pastebin when I wake up and post the AARs there, since you can easily embed pastebin in Veeky Forums . I only want to update when I have a few sessions of stuff, since some are slow and some are fast, but that means making a lot of posts .

I was inspired by this and made some Orcs with smoke bombs. Since Orcs in my world have infravision they can see through the smoke reasonably well. I also gave them heavy spears and axes. Heavy spears are way more brutal than I thought, damn.
>dual broadswords
>poleaxeman
>pick/hammer dwarf w/ 5dr plate.

The party discovered tracked down an orc squad of 7 (party is 3+2 npcs). 2 of them hate Orcs, but it was the dwarf that took the lead. Along the way I had them encounter a dead warband who smelled of smoke and had been stabbed with impaling weapons.
After tracking the orcs in the day they found them in the evening, but backed off and waited for the next day, then laid an ambush, whereupon the dwarf, as he had tactics decided they split the party to ambush from both sides. This proved to be fatal for said player character, as they were unable to leverage their advantage of surrounding them when the Orcs smoke bombed themselves and then moved towards him. He'd put the 2 NPCs with him but they rolled absolutely terribly the whole time and were almost useless.

The dwarf died trying to charge the orcs with his reach 1 pick, against their reach 3 spears. He'd already taken some rather serious injury so he basically impaled himse.f I don't think he really realised he could die. The others fled, leaving his body behind. In the end, giving some orcs smoke bombs was super effective, but in a large part due to them not thinking about it. I hope they learned a lesson. One player has declared that she's going to have her character learn tactics to save the other PCs from themselves.

I do feel kind of bad about them dying though. This is my most deadly campaign yet, 3 PC deaths so far. Nothing compared to some I know, but still.

Awesome
Brutal, and terrifying

Do it again

How do I know I'm a filthy false-flagger

> For some reason, someone close to you (roll on the Relative or Loved One Table, p. 33) has allied, married, or been duped by the evildoer. Can you win the person back?
The fuck? Who would insert NTR in GURPS?
This is not FATAL!
>David L. Pulver
Ah.

Clearly the players need to develop multispectra (hot) smoke grenades to block orc IR.

And need to learn to fight on their own terms. Just because you encounter an enemy doesn't mean you should give them a fight, especially if they've got the advantage.

Make each player create a hook, a location and 2 horrors from their background. Horrors are monsters with a personal connection to them, something that reflects their fears and desires and the darkest part of them.