Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Angelus when? edition

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Whirlwind
ironsleet.com/category/invitational/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>DAfags right now

Meanwhile
>SWfags on hearing they get two books in a row

Did they say there'a actual new rules in it? I thought it was just some lore. At this point I'm not expecting anything and I'm surely going to be disappointed anyway.

Alpha Legion and Space Wolves are getting another character.

One between them? Actually, I was joking, but it would be kind of funny if they put out a named character for a legion who's secretly an alpha legionary.

They already have.

Oh you.

>book 1
>4 legions, the legion list and a mechanicum list fetus
>book 8
>2 legions and a daemon list

The demon list does sound pretty cool desu. Hopefully it's out this year.

Alan Bligh is the reason. The man could pump out lore and rules so insanely fast that the rest of Forge World couldn't keep up with him. That's why we got books 4 and 6. Under the new structure, they don't want to end up with a giant backlog of models, like what happened after book 3, so the books are getting slimmer.

Will Iron Warriors ever get another major featuring in one of the books?
Or any character models other than Pert and his HQ shields

>his HQ shields
You mean his beep boops?

Yes. His beep boops

So who else is psyched up by the pictures from the Horus Heresy weekender?

I am. Pretty much everything on Saturday looked fantastic.

What's up with the memery around Dark Angels? Did they announce (or not announce) something at the Weekender that I missed?

T. Night Lords player worried that it's not going to be Thramas any more

>T. Night Lords player worried that it's not going to be Thramas any more

RIP user. Thramas crusade and dark eldar got pushed out for book 9.

Replaced by white scars and alpha legion vs space wolves.

*dark angels

i'm torn between going with raven guard or iron hands for my loyalist army, sell me on each respective legion Veeky Forums

Iron hands have cool ass breachers and a sad background. You can personalize your guys as veterans from Istvaan. However, your primarch is fucking dead so that's something to consider.
raven guard are boring

Binaric 15s don't lie.

31s.

I can't wait to have this resin banana in my hands, change the head and cut all the busy stuff on him. He will look gorgeous after that.

Quite. I'm way too intrigued by WS and now that they're in the next book even more so. I'll just be listhammering and finishing my SoH and IH until then

>Will Iron Warriors ever get another major featuring in one of the books?
Tallarn and Siege of Terra are their big playgrounds.

Veeky Forums, I've been thinking about an alternate Heresy where none of the Primarchs fell to Chaos, mostly from the interactions with each other. I've come up with reasons for why Lorgar and Angron don't fall to Chaos, Alpharius can be left vague and Horus is unlikely to if the others don't, but what of the other traitors?
The one I'm really stuck on is Magnus, because his fall comes down to his personality, and I don't want to change the personalities of the Primarchs

The answer is emps not fucking up

yup, this was just the jolt of adrenaline we needed.

PLEASE let him be spearing down. Also, is that terminator armor he is wearing?

Hope so, user. Thats no terminator armour.
Also Saturnine Terminators when?

What are the changes in the 7.5 rulebook, compared to the 7th Ed rulebook.

seems to be that way.

If it's not, I think it's at least very purposefully similar to what the lernaeaeaeans are wearing.
>helmet crest
>pauldrons
>scaling on chest
>scaled armour pieces on wrists
>pteruges
It's almost like he wants to be able to hide within the unit or something.

MAXIMUM CONFIGURATION LERNEAN BODYGUARD

He's planting a flag

I don't think so. It looks like he has a MK II or III style backpack (the little hydra head over his shoulder) and the head is more visible than most terminators. Plus, I don't think he was described as a terminator in his model entry, though I can't check my book right now.

That said, as said, there's definitely some similarities, and the fact that he only has the little dangly things (pteurges?) one one shoulder is very interesting. It would be very interesting if it's supposed to resemble half terminator armor and half power armor (I can't tell if there's another exhaust port behind his right shoulder). Even more so if he and Omegon are reversed halves.

>False flagging Alpharius
How fit it would be.

Triarii when? Will WE ever get some love?

Curzes, you got my hopes up for my favorite faction to appear!

Fuck Drukhari, they raped my SoH recently.

It's pretty cool that we're finally getting a model for Arhra, but I don't know how I feel about Eldar in 30k.

If Lorgar doesn't fall, Horus doesn't get Davined, and Magnus doesn't Kool-aid man the webway. As such Russ never visits planet nerd and Magnus never gets forced into a deal with 9bird.

Lorgar is pretty much the linchpin. Save Lorgar, save the galaxy.

His actual rejection of the emperor comes down to Russ blowing up his planet, no? He would have been loyal, if noncompliant with Nikaea, otherwise. That would have been a political crisis at some point, but the imperium ended up accepting psykers after all anyway.

Just doing our job, user.

Erebus/Kor Phaeron are the real catalysts though. They could've always corrupted somebody else.

Pretty sure every other Primarch would've told them to fuck off and so what if they convert a bunch of normie marines

It only worked because of KP's existing relationship with Lorgar though. They wouldn't have been able to get anyone else on board

Just because they have a hydra as their symbol it doesn't mean they have to decorate their armor with scales. I mean it makes sense with Salamanders but Alpha Legion not so much. Lazy if you ask me.

>Arhra
Fo real?

Blanche says otherwise.

it's not like they're wearing pelts of snake-skin. It's just embellishment worked into the armor.

Sorry, user, I just think Valdor's head looks like a bit Eldary.

By which I mean drag

No it looks like Jadiis.

That damn John Blanche.

Interestingly I was browsing the blog 'Spiky Rat Pack' and found that Blanche himself had commissioned the conversions in the attached pic. Thought that was neat.

Supposedly, the alpharius mini is going to come with 2 Lernaean and the meta-joke is you don't REALLY know which one is actually alpharius.

How did Erasmus Golg die?

Hopefully there'll be some interesting battles like the Fall of Paramar V and Bodt.

Xana Incursion is best incursion.

Surprised the fat one on the right can keep up

They've literally always done this

You are both wrong. Accept it.

By Alexis "Mother "I beat Perturabo at naval warfare" fucking" Polux.

By the end, Perturabo's intracranial temperatures were so hot that we hit levels of hotheadedness that we didn't even think possible.

>Alexis "Mother "Even my nicknames have nicknames" fucking" Polux.

So his power bardiche and greaves? That's about all that doesn't look like shit on him and even that would be debated by some.

The reveal of the Constantin Valdor miniature was a fun time.

Is there any worth in taking a trio of regular Whirlwinds? They seem largely underwhelming in 30k

Basilisks look better.
Medusae are better

Found that on the previous thread and I like it. Just gonna resculpt those claws on his left leg, refine the cape and loincloth, add some pteruges and paint the pelt in a mottled black and white colour scheme.

Well that’s fucking depressing

>mfw Valdor's disappointment in Leman Russ

The_Primarch_Community.vtf

How is a Missile platform less capable of a mortar?

Whirlwinds need a serious bump

Can someone explain the visual difference between a Whirlwind and a Scorpius? Are they the same?

>white scars and alpha legion vs space wolves.

(white scars) and (alpha legion vs space wolves)

or

(white scars and alpha legion) vs (space wolves)

Scorpius is a rotory fed single tube sequential fire system.
Whirlwind is a multi tube volley fire system.

>(white scars) and (alpha legion vs space wolves)

This one

How could I represent the latter on a model?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Whirlwind

Pretty sure he means the Deimos chassis, m8

>Take missile launcher from plastic whirlwind
>Take Deimos Rhino
>???
>Profit.

plus, the whole serpentine theme is present in the legion wherever hydra's aren't. Scales, although present on many animals, are symbolically associated with snakes most often. The scales are just shorthand metaphor for "I am untrustworthy" when on the AL.

Actually looks a fair bit like a different Jadis.

>Whirlwinds need a serious bump
Castellan missiles.

I miss 4th.

He got his head shot off by IF in a boarding action if memory serves

Are melee bikers worthwhile? Other than HQ choices, of course.

I love the mechanized cavalry aesthetic, but outriders feel very fragile for their points once they are kitted out for melee, and are only able to take 1 power weapon per 3 models plus 1 on the sergeant. Sky hunters get a 2+ and jetbikes, but they can only take a single power weapon on the sergeant!

I like the way you'd done the spear, i think i might consider it for my edit.

I'm going to go with no for the reasons you listed

feelsbadman

Why does everyone say the Ultramarines are Roman when they are clearly Athenians?

Because of the heavy amounts of "latin" used throughout their.. well everything. Even moreso than the imperium as a whole

Greco-Roman culture heavily influences their aesthetic.

When's the last time Macragge was a democracy?

So how many motherfuckers is Sigs killing at Terra during the Siege?

Well Champions alone, he killed at least one poer hour. His kill count by the end of the siege was absoutely insane.

Because they have Consuls, latin names, gladius', and a Cesar parable.

there's a very cool and creative subculture on instagram focused on emulating his style.

- ironsleet.com/category/invitational/

there's a lot of other people swirling around them too. Lots of great custom work going on. The art and style of old 40k lives on in these places.

Citations for that?

I thought it was Alpha Legion vs Wolves, holding WS to get Dorn's warning since Jaghatai wasn't sure of Russ' loyalty.