Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2037: Ping! Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrQrkZtg-mo
grotesqueanddecadent.tumblr.com/post/21272759751/the-problem-of-susan-by-neil-gaiman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Has anyone else ever had the temptation to make a jump of something that honestly shouldn't have a jump?

For 'Cloning Blues' in X-Men Evolutions, do we get our clone as a companion if we befriend them? It doesn't say that we do, but it seems odd that it would have you leave a jumper clone behind in the world.

This is probably the version I'm going to post to the drive. It's got a bit more colour, a few more pictures and a minor note about Di Blood.

Kid Icarus Uprising

>Ping! Edition

Jumpers, what does the aftermath typically look like once you've come and saved the day?

I've been tempted on more than one occasion to make a Fairly Odd Parents jump.

So I was watching through Kid Icarus and all the Fourth Wall breaking got me thinking. Has jumper ever gone to a universe with fourth wall breakers and do they still break the fourth wall? If so, how does Jumper deal with the idea that they might very well be fictional?

Right now I'm looking for an IP I can use for a first jump that is interesting enough to get me to work on it, but not so a a crap jump would be a tragedy.
My second jump will be better.

For The God of Highschool jump, can we choose anything for the reincarnation? Or, can we only choose the ones that do not exist in the jump?
Ex: Can't choose monkey king since he already exists

>I'm someone's terrible self-insert OC?
>Well, he wrote me happy, so at least he's not a total edgelord. I guess I could get along with this guy.

Also, what would you be for the reincarnation perk?

I'm the person who posted about the Traveller's Tale jump last thread. It was supposed to be a shitpost, but I am one of those idiots obsessed with the setting, and now I am tempted to make the sin of CYOAGEN jump

So. Retarded question for Ace Combat.

For 200CP items, Engineers have Electrosphere Satellites and Politicians have conspiracy tools a la Grey Men. What would be good items for soldier (group people), Knights (solo chivalrous) or Mercenary (solo asshole money grubber)?

Also, for 200CP properties Politicians have a legislative hall while Engineers have a custom forge and Soldiers have training courses, while Mercs have a seedy underworld meeting area. What would be a good property for Knights?

You can choose anything but stuff from contemporary fiction. You can pick monkey king but you'll be an alternate version of the canon one.

What do you mean by contemporary fiction? Also, thanks for telling me.

I have put a lot of thought into making a Capital Cities jump if only because they're my favorite band. I have ideas for perks and things, but have no idea what exactly you'd /do/ in the jump

>Kid Icarus Uprising
What are you talking about it should totally have a jump

Don't pick anything outside of actual, real world mythology. You can use Lugh or Apollo or Horus as a Reincarnation, you can't use Darkseid, Chakravartin or Galactus.

Question Jumpers what kind of ninja are you in Naruto?

A castle would be great for knights, Make sure they have their banners on the walls

>sound of fourth wall breaking
>"Hey you! Author! Here, have this fourth wall perk, we're going to find out how far the rabbit hole goes!"

That blue is... somewhat obnoxious. Can you change it to something else?

>infinite recursion

Y O U F O O L

Those of you who are gods, what happens when you come into settings with different versions of gods? For example if you are a god from one jump and you drop into mcu and meet thor, how do you broach the topic of your and his godhoods? Specifically if youre stronger than most or all in setting gods? How does the conversation go?

I'm actually having a bit of trouble with that. Any suggestions for a good colour/shade? Preferably not white.
Nah, only an idiot would make a jump for that setting.

Also, when I say I am considering it, I mean I'm looking at a skeleton I am impulsively working on, even though it will likely never get finished. Please help me before I do something stupid

I don't think people would care much in Marvel. Now, in settings like Narnia...

I try to keep aftermath to a minimum, unfortunately I am very bad at collateral damage right now as my spells are from the explosion school of magic. I try to fight only in open areas or space at this moment.

?

>I am Astlan the one true God
Hi Astlan Im jumper, Im the god of roughly 40 planets and 2 demiplanes. Kinda hard to tell, the demiplanes dont line up with this one exactly.

Does anyone know what hive-minded cloning options we have? I know we have Eight Hundred Lies but not any other that work that way.

Mentioned it a couple of times but still trawling for content, if anyone has any ideas for Kislev let me know.

I'll stick down the structure here as well that I have so far so people roughly know what's already in and because the planned structure for this one is fairly weird. Backgrounds are kind of split into Tribes and Callings. They both get small perk trees/discounts but you have to pay for Callings (the first one you choose being discounted) as they tend to instantly grant some sort of supernatural ability (as well as the other discounted perks). Perk names are listed under the thing they're discounted for in ascending value (the first being free) although not all are fleshed out.

>Tribes:
>Gospodar
Winged Lancer, Silver Hair (lucky/liked by spirits), Boyar

>Ungols
Horse Archery, Collective Responsibility, Defiance (rabblerousing/incorruptible)

>Callings:
>Cult of Ursun (200 CP)
Home on the Oblast (survival), Kin of the Bear God (massive strength, bear wrestling, talking to bears, a lot of bear related stuff)

>Cult of Tor (200 CP)
Blessing of Tor (lightning weapons), Ty Tor! (summon storms by bellowing, lightning powers booster)

Cult of Dazh (200 CP)
Not sure about the first one, second will give fire based boosts and fire miracles in a similar way to the top Tor and Ice Witch perks.

>Ice Witch (300 CP, Ungols cannot use discount on this)
Ice Magic, unnamed society manipulation perk, Widow's Guidance (Tzarina power ice casting, general ice powers boost)

>Wise Woman (300 CP, Gospodar cannot use discount on this)
Not fleshed out but will involve a lot of witchsight, sensing corruption and cursing people. 3 perks.

>Generic Perks
Horseman, Droyaska, Chekist, Dark Humour, Pooling the Rotas, Spiritual Appeasement, unnamed allies come to your aid in the nick of time perk

>Items
Outfits, Koumiss and Kvas, Kibitka, Armour of Ursun, Giant Bear, Firebird, The Crystal Cloak, Shard Blade, Fearfrost, Stanitsa

Just imagine taking one of the denarius coin angels from dresden into that jump.

No dice, my man.

Idk, mang. Cornflower, Carolina, and Royal would look better than what you have now, though.

What's the strongest god/monster/mythological being ever?

Hey Val. How strong is [All Ficction] from Medaka Box? Could I use it to erase powers or skills from people in other settings?

Ah, oh well. Thanks for answering Val.

>starting a pissing contest with the Christian God, in a setting written by a Christian
Yeah, that'll end well.

You ask for help but say I am never to speak to you or your bear again. Talk about mixed messages.

>Drawbacks
Manwitch (working title), Upset Spirits, The Praag Affliction (being sickly and paranoid), Punishment By Spirit's Mercy (shunned/banished by society), Rapotitsa (getting lost)

No idea.

Very strong. For the most part, yes.

Just get reality warper defenses, at least he will have to try to kill you as a lion hands on.

What would you be for the reincarnation perk in The God of Highschool?

In GoHS, if I took a 800 CP ability to create energy, matter, and life, would I also be able to change up already existing instances of those things (basically transmutation), or would I be limited to soley creation?

Would there be any difference between a 600 CP ability that's basically just light creation and taking Elemental Manipulation for light besides it being vaguely stronger, considering that the power of basically all abilities comes from the life energy put into them?

Hrm. I'm unsure if a castle would be fitting, especially when I have a Noble House that's being discounted for Belkan Heritage. It would make things redundant, and I kind of want the property to be related to Ace Combat in some way.

You'd likely be limited to just creating that stuff, since creating and manipulating all that would be a bit much.

No real difference beyond better efficiency and strength.

>At the end of all the fourth wall breaks, all of you end up in a white room.
>One wall contains literally all the books that have ever been even thought of in any reality.
>Behind a wide desk, almost obscured by the massive tome he's writing in, an ancient being sits up.
>"Oh fuck. Not again."
>He doesn't even sound surprised. Just tired.
>He walks over to a massive jute box and inserts a small galaxy.
>Suddenly boss battle music begins playing.

Someone who called himself a ninja while acting nothing like a ninja at all. I fit right in.

>You'd likely be limited to just creating that stuff, since creating and manipulating all that would be a bit much.
Would a seperate 600 CP ability to control weather and energy/matter (but not create) be fine, then?

How about this?

Duplication from X-men Evolution works that way. I think Cloning from God of Highschool does as well but I'm not sure.

Sure

Hm, then what about a ceremonial place? Something like a knighting hall or something?

It's actually even worse than what said: Narnia is just one of an indefinite number of worlds, each of which represented by a leaf in the Wood Between Worlds. And Narnia itself is neither the first nor the last of them: In the final book, when Aslan ushers in the apocalypse he leads a scant few survivors into a part of his own country that's literally Narnia but better.

It's at that moment Diggory notices several universes bordering it, and realises Aslan's native land is a multiversal heaven.

"Hrmm! Forty spheres, and two leaves in a wood? Have a care, for one so young you have many immortal souls to tend"

Nice, thanks.

Also, you okayed a 600 CP ability to exist and act in multiple places simultaneously in the past for me: how exactly would that work again? If it's like the clones where the more you split yourself the weaker the clones get it'd be kinda redundant. So if I were to make several instances of my full-power self with no range limit (or rather, with the usual limit of the life energy put into it), how many would I be able to make as a Supreme God?

aaaaaand of course I somehow linked the posts the wrong way round, but the point is: Aslan is legitimitely a representative of an Eru-tier being. Don't try to impress him, it misses the point.

Dude, it's pretty much the same. That color is eye-searing.

> do they still break the fourth wall?
I mostly only lean on it.

Occasionally I have asked the question, "Who writes this crap?", or otherwise gotten pissed off at technical explanations.
> "PHYSICS DON'T WORK THAT WAY"
> "But... they do?"
> "NO THEY DON'T"
> "But they very clearly do. Look, I just showed you the proof right here."
> "THEN PHYSICS ARE WRONG"

I am told that during anime/jrpg moments with heavy technical explainations I tend to get kindof insufferable.
Like, not when they just say "this works because magic works this way or weird unnatural elements do this", I'm fine with that.
But when they actually just straight up get science wrong and the numbers don't add up, but the universe backs them up anyway?

In Fate, I'm apparently seen in a manner similar to Nero, just focused around science instead of myself or art.

Not that I dismiss them entirely, I mean, you have to work with the system you're given (until you can smash that system and replace it with something better), but at that point, I tend to start differentiating between "actual physics", and "localized physics" or even "narrative physics". And a lot of people don't really get it.

Being a science jumper is suffering.

... wait, what was the question?

Well, the bad guys are usually over there...and over there...and a little bit over there...and some more smeared over there too...
Let's just say I get a bit overzealous when I get involved with saving the day.

Wait for the novel to come out, user, otherwise all your work will need to be trashed an redone.

I honestly don't remember that ability, so I'd need to see a quote to remember what I was thinking.

>tfw already damned
I'm going to guess I can't hide from the lion. This is gonna suck.

I would just be worried of him not agreeing and getting angry. Christian god has been less than open to sharing in the past.

Hrm. Runs a bit too close to Noble House as I was planning a knighting hall in it, but... that kind of makes me think of a large meeting area/trophy room where going through it and looking at the moral victories a person had can encourage others to do the right thing? Letting you add murals of your allies' victories in a large tapestry?

I also probably asked at a really shitty time, all things considered. So thank you for replying, is there anything you want to see in the jump as an item?

I assume THE END from Medaka Box works retroactively with abilities you have? Or do they not?

Like if I made a jutsu in Naruto would I master it at 150% or would I need to develop it on my own. Likewise if I see Naruto use Shadow Clone could I use it 150% better than him after the jump since I saw/heard of the technique?

hmm, the problem is I don't find the colour eye searing at all, and in-fact quite like it... It's honestly quite hard for me to tell what would be a good shade. At this rate I may just leave it white, but think that would be a bit boring with the images already added...

>150
120 my bad

No, it doesn't work retroactively on your own abilities or on things you saw/heard of in the past.

Imaged jumps usually look better in black, if you can't find a generally-suitable color.

For what it's worth I don't have any trouble with it. But then I didn't have any problem with the previous backgound either.

For what it's worth, unless you took that drawback Aslan is actually pretty chill with the damned. Edward consorted with the White Witch who was basically Narnia Satan, and he just had a private chat with him before sending him on his way. Everyone thought Aslan would hate the Tarkies for being dirty Bird Satan worshippers, but in The Horse And His Boy and The Last Battle Aslan was pretty chill to the nice ones.

Just...whatever you do, don't indulge in makeup and girly things. Apparently that is what Aslan considers a sin so unforgiveable he will take all your family to Heaven except you.

There's not much more info than what I described.

Also, last question, I promise: Any ideas what powers the Lance of Longinus could have, besides generic weapon power/toughness? Considering that most of the abilities in the setting are "me smash" stuff, I don't even know if "always hits its target" would be too much.

I thought each world was the puddles not the leaves

I typically don't really care, what purpose do I have calling myself a god? I don't even really aim for godhood, I just end up focusing on a topic so much that I approach what might as well be divinity in that concept. If you are truly a god you need not say to others that is what you are, they would know when they see your form, hear your words and see your actions. So Jumper has been called a god by others, much to his annoyance.

As long as the gods aren't assholes and they don't want to pick a fight with a being as far beyond them as they are beyond mortals, I don't really care.

I think I'm going to have to wait for some more replies. I've gotten several people telling me it's fine, plus I honestly find it pleasant...

Always hits' its target is probably too much but homing, fighting on it's own or even teleporting to near the opponent could all work together pretty well

Does it work if you see/hear of it again? It just seems really weird that you can hear of it and understand it but not develop it until you get a refresher

>Indigo
I am so mad there are different colors we call indigo.

My jumper would shrug, knock on the wall for a bit to see if he can get anyone to answer, and if not, would move on. He's not the most investigative.

If you see/hear of it again in your current world, NOT just through a naruto manga volume but actually existing in your current world, then yes it will work on it.

For Eight Hundred Lies can you re-fuse the clones with yourself?

Kakuranger is complete for now. Now time for Ohranger.

>Of course I'm fictional but why on earth should that mean that I'm not real?”

>Hrm. Runs a bit too close to Noble House as I was planning a knighting hall in it, but... that kind of makes me think of a large meeting area/trophy room where going through it and looking at the moral victories a person had can encourage others to do the right thing? Letting you add murals of your allies' victories in a large tapestry?

A banner of all your victories eh? Sounds great Red.

>I also probably asked at a really shitty time, all things considered. So thank you for replying, is there anything you want to see in the jump as an item?

I know this may seem a bit grim but. A memorial for all of those brave pilots who went off too fight but never made the journey home.

youtube.com/watch?v=SrQrkZtg-mo

>Always hits' its target is probably too much but homing, fighting on it's own or even teleporting to near the opponent could all work together pretty well
Hmm. Well, I'll have to think on that. I honestly prefer spears over lances anyway, and swords over those, but it's surprisingly pretty hard to find good christian/jewish/abrahamic weapons.

What do you think about the ability though? I thought it'd work something like this: I can exist in three seperate places at the same time (number too high/too low?) with the range limit on that being decided by my power/life energy (probably the same for the number of me's), and since they are all equal parts "me", as long as one of "me" lives, I live. Does that sound alright? Does it need any limits?

All at once, yes, but not individually.

No no, a meeting hall with a bunch of trophies and banners. But if it's good, I'll add it in. Now I just gotta figure out some items.

>spoiler
I'll throw it in just for you, man. Thanks for taking the time to answer, I'll stop shitting up thread now.

Do you get any experience, training or memories from the clones?

That's fine, no greater than that though. As in, no more full power, extra life clones than that.

>Just...whatever you do, don't indulge in makeup and girly things. Apparently that is what Aslan considers a sin so unforgiveable he will take all your family to Heaven except you.
That's bizarre. Is there context on that?

>A banner of all your victories eh? Sounds great Red.

Its probably a couple of booby tassels designed like purity seals...

"Yeah, I know about that fourth wall thing. No, I don't worry about it too much. It's basically just the multiversal version of seeing yourself on the local news."

You get the memories and knowledge from them.

I doubt red wears purity seal booby tassels user.

I think.

Probably.

Damnit now thats all i can imagine.

Susan. But that's not really fair. Those things were just symptoms of her 'growing up' and considering Narnia to be a childish fantasy.

That's what happen to Susan. She's the only one of the Pevensies that forget about Narnia and grow up to become a young woman with young woman interests. Then the last book happens and the other three siblings go to Aslan's heaven, but not her.

It's sufficiently bizarre that Neil Gaiman wrote a fanfic just to adress how fucked up that is:
grotesqueanddecadent.tumblr.com/post/21272759751/the-problem-of-susan-by-neil-gaiman

That works for me. Though, would I be able to just re-create them if one of them (well, one of me? One version of me? anyway...) got killed?

Also, speaking of weapons: I just remembered that technically I could just take a generic flaming sword, that thing is often associated with God. Though I guess there's a reason I just called it generic.

Could you answer about mana & biology.