Age of Sigmar - /aosg/

All are one in Nagash edition

Previous Thread: Latest news
>warhammer-community.com/2018/02/04/next-weeks-pre-orders-bold-warriors-dark-cities/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GqNem2LKc-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

S O U P
O
U
P

Big Morathi tits right in my face

they better give her monster form some nice juicy tiddies

It's time to stop, Malerion

Its neo-gw.
Expect mono-boob plate or small flat chested

look at those morghasts stirring the undead soup with their giant spoons

What is autist's obsession with shitty boob armor?

separate cups are less sexy, so this is an improvement

>Black Knights flying about all gallantly
>In the same book that makes them legitimately worthless and a waste of points
Like pottery.

So I'm considering fluff for my FEC. I like the idea of the Glowing Ones from Fallout as a sort of frame of reference for my idea.

The Ghoul King thinks himself a renowned alchemist and high wizard, and dabbles in all manner of potion making and poultice mixing. One day on an adventure with the lads for ingredients, he finds all manner of strange plants and beasts gathered in one spot. They seem hostile, but they're glowing, so that means that they're obviously magical. He dispatches them and hauls the remains home. Excitedly, he fashions a magical elixir that rejuvenates his form and grants him strength. He immediately grants this formulae to his trusted advisors and knights. So the band is formed, Knights of the Glowing Circle.

So in reality this asshole just took a bunch of magical wildlife, shoved it in a pot, and scarfed it down, not knowing it was crazy bad for him. So now he and his flunkies practically glow in the dark, which only makes them more terrifying hunters to the populace, in the night.

How's it sound? So basically the idea is that the lesser ghouls are only slightly glowy, perhaps in their eyes and on their hands. The Horrors/Vargheists are a LOT more glowy, and the Terrorgheists/Varghulfs are fucking lightbulbs.

I'm curious how will you paint them

Repostan

Anyone else’s actually like the firestorm cities idea and wish they would expand on it?

They could be like the Chaos god battletomes except for Order: you have a core of common units (free guild, dispossessed) and different allegiances that have their own unique units, abilities, command traits etc.

Greywater fastness could take dwarves, free guild, ironweld, collegiate arcane and their own magitech units

Etc

Seems like a cool way to work the legacy units back into relevant fluff while still having the opportunity for new stuff (that free guild spider castle for instance

I kind of want to start a destruction army, and since forge world doesn't want my money and won't release fimir, I'm looking at beastclaw and spooder grots. Heavily leaning toward spooders because I love the arachnarok, even though I know they have no allegiance stuff and, like, 2 or 3 kits. A major deciding factor I want to ask about, is it at all feasible to field spooder grots as a non horde army? I already have skaven, so I would kind of like to avoid another horde of possible. Thank you.

I'm mulling over it. Thinking something like dark green/black over most of the body, but using the glow as a highlight. Like the image up there, mainly have the glow be from the core, not the extremities. Though, they might end up looking more like ghosts than ghouls. It's a WIP.

This - heavy, meaty mono-bumper is top tier

He enjoys pretending that GW is full of SJWs who make female models ugly on purpose (even when they don't make them ugly or if it's not on purpose) because it makes him feel badass.

You see it's very important for him to go up against a company that is NOT actually controlled by SJWs because when he tries to go against a company that actually tries to pander to them (like in MtG threads against WotC) he quickly realizes that he is powerless to do anything about it, so it's much easier to turn GW into a strawman for his tribal politics fetishism, because he is free to build and control and knock down his own little imaginary enemy without having to deal with any actual interference from his enemies.

We've all done similar things at some point

That is definitely possible, even recommended. Just field as many Arachnaroks as possible, and you'll pretty much only have room for a minimum amount of little spider grots.

>That is definitely possible, even recommended
Is it? As far as I know most spiderfags is running ~30 riders and 2-3 big A

Soup anyone?

Exactly, pressed together into one thick compact package.

I don't want my face to hit their ribcage, I want a solid wall of boobs

Lads, you may want to lower your intake of soy.

Its impeding your opinions.

In what world is 30 models a horde?

Well, compared to BCR it's two times more models

Sounds decently enough to make them interesting and not simply being the Noble FEC. I'd still probably recommend not using GW Crypt Ghouls if only because it "spines ripping out of their backs" sounds kinda shitty for your glowbois. Mantic Ghouls and Zombies offer a decent amount of material while still looking more like deranged cannibals than bone-exploding monsters.

Crypt Horrors and Flayers probaby would work well enough, though, especially since you're planning on having them be exceptionally-irradiated.

I really like the sound of this, and it's a good way to make FEC interesting.

Heyo, Spiderfaggot here. Depends on what you mean by non-Horde. We're definitely a horde-ish faction, though. I mean, you're talking about swarms of spiders. Or at least, we should be. You're normally going to have 2-3 Big A's, the Big Boss, and then you have some options. Allying in 2-3 Rock Lobbers is actually a really solid investment, and helps to cut out some Spider Riders if you don't want to have the 50+ spider riders.

Can't forget about spear chukkas

Eh, I tend to just because it a lot easier to kitbash Spider Kult appropriate Lobbers and Doom-Divers.

Thanks! I was trying to lean away from 'flesh+blood for the blood god' as my color scheme. I kind of like the bone-exploding monster look though, no lie. I don't really care for a lot of the alternate models since its easier to convert with GW plastic imo

Is this a good buy? What would I buy after?

Is the Pyrofane Cult a good place to start a Tzeentch army? don't know much about the game but having a bunch of swole mooks tossing fireballs around sounds like fun to me

More skellies I guess - they used to be a backbone of death armies before LoN and I bet they still are

Death's best unit is Skeletons and Skeletons and even more Skeletons.
Wait for the book though, it's out in like a week.

what are you workin on aosg?

I'm two thirds done with my gold dragonlord!

Hey, I have 20 bloodletters (1 converted into a herald) and just got a mighty lord of Khorne as a gift, what would be a good way to expand this into a small scale army (sub 1000 points) and skirmish? I was thinking an elite army with none of those Reavers

Nothing. It's too cold to prime

After a year, I finally started my Hellstriders.

I'm just at the mount, but I'm so happy I finally started them.

Bloodletters are great and fill the same role (ish) as reavers so don’t worry

Depending on how elite you want you could go with some juggernaut cavalry and mix in chaos warriors, chosen and skull reapers to your satisfaction

Just remember you *need* a bloodsecrator

Any StD players here? I'm curious if it's possible to build a decent list with a big part of chaos warriors. I'm gonna include some knights and mounted marauders/chariots for sure but I want to field a legion of bulky bastards

Finished the Retributor-Prime

Nice job, user. He looks good!

I'm making my way through my Fyreslayers and my Shadespire warbands. I'll post some pics once I get the chance.

Anyone seen any interesting Corpse Cart conversions? They seem like such an important backbone to any Deadwalker army, and they also offer up a good way to help you flavor your zambags in a unique way since you'll have at least 2-3 of them on the table as not-quite centerpiece models.

Before Wraith Fleet was announced to ignore Deadwalkers, I remember someone was talking about possibly doing a sort of Drowned Dead army with of cursed souls claimed by the seas of the Realm of Death, with his corpse carts as jolly-boats, simply little landing boats filled with the beached dead.

Just curious if people have seen any interesting ones for the various flavors of zombie, be they frost-bitten or burnt.

wow, this must be the first aos image that doesnt look retarded

Edge highlights on the black are just a touch fat but still clean and well executed, good work

Totally, chaos warriors even get a massive regiment bonus for having a max sized blob. They’re your tanky tar pit and can do the job quite well

>Edge highlights on the black are just a touch fat but still clean and well executed, good work
Thanks
I want the armor highlights to be that thick

What about heroes in StD? It seems like you need at least 2 or 3 of them per list to support the mark of chaos if other ones get sniped - am I wrong? With two start collecting boxes I will end up with two sorcerers but they are quite costly - should I build two exalted heroes to work as some kind of synapse near the warriors?

Hey that’s fair, it looks deliberate which is the most important thing and I’m sure it still looks highlighted at board height which counts

Are you going undivided or with a god? You can still play entirely StD Allegiance and still be Khorne or Tzeentch

I want to mess around with all configurations - that's why I want to start playing StD in the first place. For first games I thought about running the StD allegiance with mix of two marks like slaanesh for mounted stuff and nurgle for warriors. If I get bored with this I will try to go full bakka with chaos gods allegiances like DoT

>skeleton barking
>string a literal soup of undead

Completely reasonable.

The only stuff that depends on Marks are the chaos lord and the warshrine unless I’m forgetting something. Granted, those are awesome buffs and chaos knights reroll all to hits or chaos warriors rerolling all saves is a beautiful thing to see

I like the concept of dual hand-weapon warriors with mark of nurgle - rerolling both 1s to hit and 1s to wound. That's why I'm so worried about having enough heroes - to activate the mark on a unit it must be within 6" of the hero with the same mark. It would be a shame to lost all bonuses when your only hero gets sniped

You probably won’t get your heroes super sniped just for giving out rerolls of 1 to wound, plus the other half of StD Allegiance is getting your heroes buffed up by the eyes of the gods table anyway, I’d say take your fill of exalted heroes and what-not

Arachnaroks complement hordes really well so I'm not sure this would work. But let's say your spider general will be using his spider command ability every turn then you won't want hordes anyway as inspiring presence is unavailable. In which case pick whatever destruction battleline units are tankiest. Or just go with minimum spiderfang battleline of 15 spider riders and use them as chaff speedbumps.

Soon

you need two spear chukkas for those RR failed hits

it's a good buy but the start collecting set saves more money, however the SC! is limited by the number of mortarchs you can realistically buy. There's an upper limit of 4 (making the 3 canonical ones + using spare bodies on ebay/spare horses) and then making a 4th one as something else entirely (counts as vampire lord on abyssal horror/terror or your own made up mortarch)

in which case the battleforce is pretty slick because you get more skeletons (the harbingers are arguably bad, so possibly the savings are fake savings)

in short: SC! is cheaper and both save you about the same money, which means SC! is a better buy, unless you want all the models inside bloodqueen then buy as many as make you happy.

Thank you for the input. I understand that running a bunch of spider riders is gonna be required, and, like 30 or 40 is fine. I just didn't want to get to the point my skaven were at in 8th, with 3 or 4 forty man blocks minimum to function. On the subject of arachnaroks, they never did do anything to make a naked big a ever worth fielding did they? I'm not at my house, so I can't check my ghb17

you can get a cheap airbrush off amazon for under $40 and a 2 gallon compressor for around $100 with that you're set to use vallejo primer which is like $8 for a lot, like a lot, I did a full destruction soup army like 4000 points and haven't even been through half a bottle.

Especially if wearther is keeping you back then airbrush priming is super fucking good man

For starting up FEC, I have Nightfeast Hunters and the Start Collecting Box. But in my lists I'm gonna only need about 40 ghouls maximum. Is it cheaper to grab the Horror/Vargheists box on its own or should I just buy a bunch of either box? Which is the better buy?

Also running a 4 terrorgheist meme list sounds fantastic.

Are you me? Literally what I did, but buying my compressor on ebay.

NEVER going back to rattle cans now that Vellejo primer is so fucking easy to use.

I built mine entirely out of those two boxes, but it depends on how many ghouls you want. You're getting 10 free ghouls with every box

Cool thanks, I do really love Juggernauts so that might be the next buy for the growing army. How are Blood Warriors and that other mortal unit with the flails?

It looks like most lists go heavy on the Vargheists and Horrors rather than a crapton of ghouls so I'm liable to end up with like 90 ghouls at the end of this

just do the math m8

I've got 70. They're fun if you can enjoy painting them all.

Blood warriors are slightly killier chaos warriors that trade their 5++ for extra attacks on death

The medium base sized units are both good

What std lists are you running anyway?

The eternal undeath soup. Ghost skellys and vampires forced to be Nagash friends

answer me REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tzeentch is a pretty strong army in competitve right now, but my advice is to always go for what you like the look of, so I would say yes, do that, if you think it'd be cool.

m8 the point of warriors is the ward save against mortal wounds.
If you wanna do damage, take blight kings.

I run Khorne Allegiance but I use a lot of StD mostly, I just think I have a decent grasp on the new Allegiance ability

You can pretty much take whatever for a Tzeentch army and probably do fine. Just get whatever models you want.

I will magnetize every single bits of them so I might as well try to run killy warriors

Stick your spray can on a radiator for a bit and it’ll be fine.

>radiator
nah b, just microwave your rattlecan

That's what I'm doing. StD heavy Fatesworn might not be the best but the Tzeentch allegiance really help bump it up.

>soy tapeworm dragon
great job elffag!

Don't hurt yourself forcing that meme too much, user. Wouldn't want the Comrade to think you were cheating on him, now would we?

So I have a question, the Ghoul King says I can summon a squad of 10 ghouls. If I have 10 dead ghouls, I can't summon 10 of those as a new unit, can I? I'd have to put reinforcement points in?

It's a debatable value, but compared to buying the Skelly SC!, a box of morghast, grave guard, and skeletons, it's roughly $40 by GWs lol random webstore prices. I don't think there's any other deal involving morghasts, so if you want them, this is good.

>what the fuck why does Korghos Khul cost 60 points more than a normal mighty lord he does the same shi-
>can pile in and attack in each of your hero phases
>rerolls all to hits with all attacks
That’s pretty good

It says a new unit on the ability for a reason user

>I miss having name characters
>I miss Sigvald

>everyone going crazy over elf whores
>big morathi titties right in my face posting
>All I want is to see his smile again ;__;
why is life suffering?

So i have to play death soup to be competitive? Or I can make a good Soulblight list without bow down to Nagash?

Competitive doesn't matter unless you're going to be a big tournament.

>that free guild spider castle
Lol what the fuck translation are you reading.

It's a duardin cogfort operated by a mix of freeguild and ironweld dudes.

Your IQ is too low to be competitive no matter what you take

>Well compared to the biggest man on earth average people are small

Are you retarded?

I'm working through my first ten ghouls and am not really enjoying them. Any tips?

Soulblight is dead, but Blood Knights are still useful with the new blood legion.

Did you buy what you liked?

EZ PZ

youtu.be/GqNem2LKc-k

Looks awesome too.

It was a gift. I'm looking forward to working on the Terrorgheist and Horrors though.

Yeah, that's what I've been following. These are my first units so I still need to clean them up a lot more.

Don't spend too much time on them user.
Make the horrors and terrorgheist look good, your ghouls should be table top quality at best, don't waste your time because nobody will ever look at them.
They only have a champion anyway, you don't have a musician or bannerboy to paint up. Don't spend more than 20 minutes per guy. They are basically clanrats

Because you are an autist

t. ugly beta boy