/swg/ - Han n Chewie Edition

Post about FFG, X-Wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars related!

Previous edition: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada objective article (aimed at newer players)
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/26/a-plan-for-everything/

Fleet Troopers Unit Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/defend-the-fleet/
Leia Organa Commander Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/inspire-rebellion/

Does your PC have a faithful companion? Someone to accompany them in their travels, a true partner in crime?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/5/fighting-for-freedom/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/1/launch-the-fleet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I miss Kyle

So /swg/- What are you flying in X-wing? I got my Raider in the mail today, so now I have a full Imperial collection. Once I strip my Decimator, and repaint one more Advanced, Decimator, and Raider, I'll have a fully repainted 181'st/Royal Guard collection.

What ships have you guys picked up? Have you put a personal touch on any?

Why would you draw Han in the shitty TOR knock off of his actual outfit

>I only have one pair of clothes

5 bonus damage? I'm not seeing it - the ACM's dish out two and the ICB does another if the enemy has no tokens - that's a total of just three.

Also, how much of a bid is appropriate if I want to force the enemy to choose one of my objectives? I'd like to play to the Interdictor's strengths if possible.

>Howlrunner - TIE/ln
>Juno Eclipse - TIE Advanced
>Echo - TIE Phantom
>Quickdraw - TIE/sf
>Duchess - TIE Striker
>Countess Ryad - TIE Defender
>Lieutenant Kestal - TIE Aggressor

So many Imperial pilot waifus, so little art.

Makes you wonder how many kids are born on ISDs. It also makes you wonder if they have daycares.

Hopefully they were sent elsewhere during the Battle of Endor

He's still in the HWK

>Makes you wonder how many kids are born on ISDs. It also makes you wonder if they have daycares.
Considering that they ration and monitor your caloric intake, I assume they slip contraceptives in with your meals. That and getting frisky means a personal interview with Lord Vader where you can compare the size of your dick to his lightsaber.

>That and getting frisky means a personal interview with Lord Vader where you can compare the size of your dick to his lightsaber.
You're sorely mistaken if you think the Imperial higher-ups give that much of a shit what you do when you're not on duty.

As long as you're not making a nuisance of yourself, you can fuck all the Stormtroopers you like.

In Legends too, the idea of a high-ranking officer keeping his squeeze on the ship wasn't too far-fetched.

Maybe if you're a high ranking officer, but the imperial Navy is well known for exceedingly harsh restrictions and discipline for the lower ranks

I think it's reasonable to assume that any personnel on a ship that become pregnant are relegated to light duty at least. Probably even sent on leave, depending on the ship's location and how essential she is.

Might even end up on semi- to permanent assignment to a more stable planet or space station.

>Nuh-uh, Darth Vader won't cut my weener off!
Settle down user, that joke should have been obvious

I can't imagine there wouldn't be some kind of compulsory contraceptive for whilst you're on tour. Go to the medical officers office, get an injection, no pregnancy for the next 6 months, year, whatever.

Hey, anyone got any good maps they want to share? Ones without grids prefered, I need to hash together one in short order

I still need to get back into playing but I've been out of the game since a little before imperial veterans and I don't know what the fuck is going on now with the harpoon fuckery

I got a few. You need anything in particular?

Mostly looking for some urban environments.

And any assets that I can litter around would be super appreciated

This, even when running clean the empire is all about control, so it tends to focus on just that, micromanaging every little bit

I'm in the process of writing a starfighter-centric campaign for AoR, and I'm trying to flesh out the crew of the MC80 carrier they've been assigned to. Any suggestions?

Fanbase faggotry was so rampant in the last thread that OP didn't even know there was a new article to update in the OP.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/5/fighting-for-freedom/

Sorry, misread ICBs as HIEs.

Bidding is *hyper* meta dependant. Since it's just a binary arms race - but with diminishing returns - it varies wildly from one group to another. At my regional I went first in all my games with an 8 point bid, other regionals had 20+ point bid.

If you absolutely want to go second, maybe try around 13 points and then adjust based on what you see.

I really like the Rebel trooper models, although I wish there were more aliens. They have more reason to oppose the Empire than a bunch of Core World humans.

Toss in maybe a Twi'lek and Mon Cal or Sullustan to make things a little more diverse.

Armada should be updated to its release article, too.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/1/launch-the-fleet/

The RPGs or X-Wing will get an article, some day.

I was promised a Death Star cutie! Where is my Death Star cutie?!

Oddly Harpoon Fuckery is pretty easy to range-control against, so it ends up being winnable with any form of reposition. Nerfs are coming quickly now, so if they keep tweaking the meta, we could be in a good spot going forward.

That leads to another question. Which is more useful: Another blue dice to throw at the enemy, or the ability to strip command tokens/shields? I've got Screed, so I'm not too worried about needing the crit. HIE's would only cost another point more after I drop Fire Control Team.

I'm pretty sure there isn't much of a meta at all on my tiny island. None of the stores here stock Armada anymore unless you special order it.

>lego cuties
>naare will never be in non-lego form ever
it hurts

How big can a ship be and still be an effective fighter?

I was wondering if you could build a large starfighter fighter with a multipurpose bay to serve as an interceptor, patrol & customs craft, and torpedo bomber - not unlike a bigger ARC-170.

My b, I missed it because of the TLJ shitfest like you said.

I think the ARC is pushing the limits on mainline fightercraft size

Now a customs craft usually wants the ability to take a prisoner or two which means you are in the territory of a corellian freighter, VT-46, or firespray in terms of size. not that those ships are not formidable in a fight, but they are not ships you would want doing fighter duty all the time.

That's why I was sort of thinking of putting making making that part a modular section you can just leave behind for strike or interceptor missions.

Just a thought

I don't value ICBs very highly. Command tokens are fairly plentiful these days. But a bonus damage beats a bonus dice.

HIEs + ACMs with Screed all but guarantees you'll be dealing 5 damage before your dice even hit. Losing two shields off each adjacent side is also basically a free XI7. I play rebels, but people have run it locally to good effect.

A bold plan but now I have a question

Who is this ship marketed for? The discerning bounty hunter? Cash strapped planetary governments?

That's how all the cool people do it.

>not having multiple pairs of the same clothes

>ywn have your own Dashade
Feels bad, mang.

This TIE Gunpod is like the Bizzaro's brother who went straight, put on a suit and became a doctor.

Which prompted me to imagine an overbearing jewish mother(ship) star destroyer lecturing a Bizarro to be more like his brother. "YOu never call, you never write! Why can't you be more like your brother? You know he almost shot down the Millennium Falcon! In canon even!"

More the former, but no reason not to sell to the latter. My thoughts were something like an Su-34 in its clean configuration, but with like a tail gun or something. So, it normally has a small head and really small galley. But you can connect a module with enough quarters for a marine or two, a small brig, and an airlock so it can work as a patrol boat/customs ship.

I'm a little sad they are using the blue color scheme rather than the grey one

I always liked the blue better personally, but that's also a blue-lit cave area.

This is two questions really, so I'll take a shot at both

>How big can a ship be and still be an effective fighter?
For the most part, this is a question of how easy/difficult it is to target with Turbolasers or other capital-grade weaponry, which means it's as much a matter of speed and maneuverability as it is size. For example, the Falcon is substantially bigger than an X-Wing but essentially can (and does) fill the role of a super-fighter, but it's not economical in terms of production or hangar space to deploy a squadron of them. I think a better question is how SMALL a fighter can be while still being effective.

>I was wondering if you could build a large starfighter fighter with a multipurpose bay to serve as an interceptor, patrol & customs craft, and torpedo bomber - not unlike a bigger ARC-170.

And this is kind of the answer to the first question: That's what multi-role fighters are by definition. X-Wings and (in Legends at least) modified Y-Wings can fill those roles at once, though never as well as a specialized craft. The ARC-170 couldn't; It's a heavy assault fighter/bomber, it couldn't pull Interceptor duty without a substantial overhaul. An A-Wing, TIE/Int, or another comparable interceptor would fly circles around it... It's the thing that GETS intercepted. But an X-Wing, Z-95, non-bomber Y-Wing, etc. are called "Multi-role" because they're fast and maneuverable enough to fly interception, but pack enough ordnance to also fly bombing runs.

That being said, I don't want to be that guy who just responds with "UR QWUESTION A DUMB" so a few examples I can think of that might appeal to you would be the K-Wing for its modularity, the Skipray for being a "big beefy fighter", or the hidden gem of the AD-15 from Special Modifications

So anons, a couple threads ago some guys pitched some quirks for a long standing droid crew to develop, I'm very interested in seeing more quirks along these lines.

One of my favorite concepts that I've never been able to use as a PC is a pacified assassin or combat droid converted to medical duty, who begrudgingly patches people up when he'd rather be taking them apart.

I didn't see these before I responded so I see that my clarifications of starfighter roles really isn't as helpful as I intended. But it really sounds like you'd be looking for something along the lines of a Skipray, Firespray, or maybe even an H-Wing or (heavily) modified Cloakshape if you want something small that can still carry a detainee or two.

One of the supers thinks he's the reincarnation of Grievous and will let the meatbags know that the Confederacy will rise again.

A Pursuer-class, or maybe a PB-950 could also work

After years of no action, the Tri-Fighters care more about seeing which one can pull off the sickest maneuvers than actually fighting enemies; in general, they are afraid of enclosed spaces

I feel like that's more of a magna guard quirk, given he trained them all personally, granted I'd love to see the rebles making use of them.

I thought it would be funnier for it to be a droid with no connection to grievous like a magna would have.

After years without oversight many of the B1s have taken up self apointed personality archetypes to play out a pseudo society, many wearing comical accessories to enforce their given role. It generally comes off as many crazy people locked in a room together some breathing a sigh of relief at being given a real thing to do, others becoming.... protective of their new role

Ahh, more pure delusion

Least its not the lego bomber crew

They start swapping limbs, heads, other sundry accessories for their own amusement and lack of spare parts

What would some of the roles then take on be?

In my mind I was imagining somthing like a demented play village, like one of those playmobile sets where there's the family, the towns folk, the firemen, the mayor etc.

The Smurfs

That's hilarious, I'm imagining the B1s acting like a 50s sitcom nuclear family.

Wow you summerized my explenation pretty easily

oh god. the mom with painted-on lipstick and eyelashes.

but they all have the same voice.

the baby is just a detached B1's head, a buzz droid is the dog

And dad with a totally cosmetic pipe teaching little Jimmy how to play baseball in a field they set up in the hangar bay.

Is it just the B1s? Do the other droids try to break it up? Do they humor them? Do they just take different personas

I imagine the Supers playing rugby or American football to pass the time.

They play it and like the uniforms but they get its just a game, the B1s are the ones that think they really are the local sports team.

The tactical droid/mayor has given up convincing them and is focusing on giving elaborate contexts to ensure they do their tasks

The Vulture droids have started to act like actual vultures. They have been deactivated and sealed away after multiple witnesses used the word "carnivorous" to describe an incident during their normal maintenance hours.

The starfighter droids must be pretty lonely, since it's a little more difficult to interact with the others.

When let out to fight they tend to gather the remains of Enemy fighters to make scrap nests which the pit droids harvest for scrap to keep things patched up

Sometimes they also try to "scavenge" intact starfighters that have been disabled by ion blasts. Nobody knows where the unfortunate pilots go after that.

Last threads had some fun ones if you missed them, droidekas love racing eachother and become naturally protective of more vulnerable allies.

Tri fighters get themselves racing colors was another

My own pitch, the ships tactical droid has a split personality purely to play Dejerek against and keep his wits sharp

I want to run a campaign set in the original The Star Wars universe. What do you guys think is the better system for it? I'm thinking D6 just to keep the old school theme.

So what do these majorly nutty battledroids think of organics?

Well, this is rather pleasing.

They welcome them as out of town era and generally ignore contradicting information until it piles up, this leads to either accpetence and return to normalcy or violent rejection

What's a clone era design, be it vehicle, ship, droid or weapon that you feel was so hit out of the park that it's lack of use on the OT feels like a plot hole?

FFG's constant rebfaggotry is getting obnoxious, and you can just smell the well-pressed suit of the Disney execs standing behind them as they write this shit.

>you can either pick up the box of the heroic brave noble diverse courageous brave valorous freedom fighters
>or the box of the EVIL TYRANNICAL CRUEL BRUTAL SCUM SADISTIC MONSTROUS NAZI FASCIST DASTARDS
>find them at your lgs today

So instead of a Red Scare, they have an Organic Scare?

I like it when Impfags chimp out, it's funny.

>Pushing a very specific message to a very specific portion of the fanbase of a franchise in every single thing you write and flaunting your favoritism.

or

>Pointing this fact out.

Which is worse, I wonder..

It's almost like the Empire are the bad guys.

My players are looking for an ancient temple and I can't decide if I'm going to play it straight and have it be untouched since the Old Republic era or have it already emptied by the Empire to drive home the point that holocrons only can repeat what they've been programmed to say

Careful. You'll just bring in the 'Aldaraan was a viable target' and 'The rebels are terrorists who people hate' people at this rate.

I swear if I'm getting into Legion I'm gonna paint my guys like the Sullust Rebels

That's right boys, wouldn't want any conflicting opinions round here.

I mean, it's pretty hard to argue the empire are not evil when it literally calls them such in the text craw.

The text crawl argument is just as bad as valid-target-Alderaan tbqh.

Maybe you can find another franchise to be a fan of.

So we can't trust the text crawl of a movie because it might be lying?

Thing is, Impfags used to embrace that. They used to ENJOY supporting/being the bad guys and didn't pull any of this too cool for school apologia. I dunno what happened to make things this way, but lord am I sick of it.

Literally and unironically, /pol/ happened.

I'm am Impfag myself and I enjoy being the bad guy. I mean, we have big stompy scary robots, great uniforms, we blow up planets and kill people with lightning bolts. It's cool as fuck.

This. If you make a mistake of listening to /pol/tards and impfags, you'll find them absolutely using the same rhetoric.

It makes sense, though, right? Both come from contrarianism, and if a /pol/tard happens to be a fan of Star Wars, do you think he'll like the rebels? Or the faction based on his beloved nazis, dressed in all black, and genociding people left and right?

/pol/ tbqh, at least here

I don't know, sometimes it's fun to play the moustache twirling villain.

>I don't know, sometimes it's fun to play the moustache twirling villain.

And hell, there's shit in the current crop of Star Wars stuff to hate even if you are a Rebfag.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Problems start when you start unironically spamming "Actually, this army of space nazis led by a guy that looks like Satan are the good guys, and the rebels are terrorists, and it's a totally valid interpretation of the movies" and actually believe in this shit.
I've seen people who actually say that the movies are rebel propaganda. Well, shit, if even the movies are not canon, why don't you make your own franchise.

It's a hell of a lot of fun and Star Wars' history makes it a good one for doing so. I mean, the Emperor and Ming the Merciless would likely get along great if they didn't kill each other in the first few seconds of meeting.

There's no position on this any more than there is a position on the existence of gravity.

>I've seen people who actually say that the movies are rebel propaganda

Oddly enough, I know a series that actually did that. Nanoha. The series is the canon way it happened, the movies are in-universe movies about the events (Which is why basically every instance of the TSAB, who are making the movies, being morally questionable vanishes from the second event)