Bretonnian Army

Onwards moi frionds! If we kill la Imperials we will get a sack of Potatoes from our Lord!

Other urls found in this thread:

gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/50-feudal-knights
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you fight for the Empire you'll get TWO sacks of potatoes from your lord.

you should work on your faux french, you little faggot. you're making a shitty impression here.

I'll never stop being amused at how stupid anglos imagine French to sound.

REminder you can get good looking brettonians here:
gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/50-feudal-knights

But they are ludicrously expensive.

are you guys alright

For Myrmidia!
Push those frog eating Bretonnians back!

They're just butt-blasted frogs salty about how Anglophones both usurped them as the Lingua Franca and bailed them out of WWII.

I'm not actually salty that a severely dumbed down dialect of French is used as the Lingua Franca.

We still basically have the supremacy of language in Africa though. It's...something.

>Claiming English is a French dialect
lol, stay mad frogs.

Interestingly, Wikipedia says about 30% of English comes from French. Didn't think it was that much, it's about as much as Latin's influence. Although I guess some French words also came from latin maybe?

>The French contributed legal, military, technological, and political terminology. Their language also contributed common words, such as the names of meats: veal, mutton, beef, pork, and how food was prepared: boil, broil, fry, roast, and stew; as well as words related to the nobility: prince, duke, marquess, viscount, baron, and their feminine equivalents.[6]:254-258 Nearly 30 percent of English words (in an 80,000 word dictionary) may be of French origin.

The more you know.
Anyhoo, I will always take the piss out of my brit friends for having French on their coat of arms. It's all in good fun anyway.

I don't need to claim anything, it's a fact that you speak highly bastardised language of your French rulers who came to drag your country out of abject poverty and savagery.

>I guess some French words also came from latin maybe
How do you imagine that? It's vice versa, Latin came via French. English is 60% French.

>my brit friends
Trust the Brit, get your throat slit.

What I meant is that, some French words that were transported in English might finf their origin in Latin, therefore making the proportion of latin words actually higher and french words lower? I don't know, I did Law in Uni, not languages.

Gotta infiltrate the plebs to colonise them better, hon hon hon.

I heard it was like fifty.
>I don't need to claim anything,
Absolutely, the more you claim the more stupid you sound. So stop claiming things.
>it's a fact that you speak highly bastardised language of your French rulers who came to drag your country out of abject poverty and savagery.
Daily reminder that 30% is less than 70%, and that French is a bastardization of latin and old Frankish language.
Daily reminder that English had heavy influence from German, not just French.
Daily reminder that froggies are sore that they were never the center of the civilized world like their Anglophone betters were.

Akshually, if you look back a few centuries ago, French was spoken and its culture was wide spread in the high courts if I remember well. Better than nothing.

>Filthy nepotistic cousin fuckers spoke French
No surprise there.

Don't be rude now.

Froggy gonna cry in French now?

>French is a bastardization of latin and old Frankish language.
1% of French comes from Germanic sources. Even the most insane fringe science estimates put the amount of Germanic influence no higher than 15%.
>Daily reminder that English had heavy influence from German
English had zero influence from German. It's a Germanic language that has barely anything Germanic left, to the point that some classifications don't even consider it Germanic anymore.
>froggies are sore that they were never the center of the civilized world like their Anglophone betters were
Blatant lies, how English of you.

Don't tempt me.

>E-English isn't related to German at all!
>Y-you're the liar!
Keep crying frogger.

WHY DID GEEDUBS NOT UPDATE THIS ARMY BEFORE KILLING IT FOR AGE OF SMEGMA!!!!

Because they were killing it.

I don't know what I was expecting arguing with people who are known for their genetic inability to admit their mistakes.

All accounts point towards Brettonia being a pet project of the Perry Brothers. When they left, no one was keen on Arthurian Knights anymore.

>Overreacting and misinterpreting

Yeah, you're clearly aren't the butthurt one ITT :^)

>Denying history to fit your Francocentric agenda
Ending French colonialism was a mistake, but come on, how are you gonna bring it back like this?

Stop responding to bait you silly cunts. Too bad, it started as friendly banter but of course the eternal Anglo had to take it seriously.

Not grimderp enough.

I'm American actually. I just believe rightly that the French still owe us.

GW: And here is a less grimdark setting to replace Fantasy!

What's their endgame?

What's the interest on debt, 56%?

because bretonnia a shit

If we go down we're dragging you and the rest of the civilized world with us.

You need to enter the civilised world first to do that.

Actually this guy looks extremely French to me

>We can do that
>We have to be in the civilized world to do that
>Ergo we're in the civilized world

Looks like a good German to me. Or maybe Italian.

>The French owe us
>the country that literally won your revolution for you

Wew lad

>They won the Revolution for us
>We won the world's biggest war for them
Yeah, not a fair trade. They owe us at least another Yorktown, and their not supporting the invasion of Iraq just stacks on top of their debt.

the American revolution bankrupted France to the point Britain lost the revolution by laughing at them far too much

retourner le canon s'il vous plait!

No Cannon for you Brets, now just join the Empire like a good human being.

Hell no. We're riding to Ruin and the World's Ending!

I have this little headcannon that the Brettonians were so pissed by the Elves "betrayal" that their vengeful spirits still roam the new Realms, taking power from wherever they are, i.e. becoming blazing flames when in th Realm of Fire, wreathed in beasts pelts and bones when in the Realm of beasts, etc. But because they're dead, they're confused as fuck and used as a blundering force by Nagash. He can't control them outright but tries to direct this Host of ghostly Knights towards his enemies, with more or less success. Just my way to preserve Knights in AoS

Bloody lizards how did you even get to Bretonnia.

I'm not saying it was aliens

But it was aliens.

Daily reminder to genocide Anglos

Bretonnian crusaders.

But that's a Bretonnian castle in the background, and the Bretonnians don't have flying castles.

And they apparently also can't build outside Bretonnia...

I don't recall any Bretonnian structures in the New World or the Southlands.

BUTT
BOTHERED

I see you've been there.

Vacationed on the coast. Didn't see anything other than wooden forts.

The American Revolution bankrupted the French Crown and led to its destruction. Are Americans so ashamed of their own institutions that they think other places are unfortunate to become Republics?

As soon as you pay back the money you stole from them, they'll be happy to settle accounts.

>start dumb war, get assblasted in desert for a decade before leaving, still dealing with fallout
>get mad people didn't want to join you in getting raped by sandniggers

They did proclaim a bunch of natural rights of men and urged others to throw off the shackles of tyranny, then got scared when other people proclaimed their own rights and got rid of their tyrants.

>As soon as you pay back the money you stole from them, they'll be happy to settle accounts.
Three words: World War II.

Not to speak for them, but I'm guessing that the French would be more grateful to the US if tens of thousands of French civilians hadn't been killed by """""Allied""""" bombing.

Looks British to me

Holy shit, it's like you guys didn't want to be liberated.

Next time we'll keep in mind to save the invasion until AFTER all the Jews are did.

Could be Spanish.

Reminder that the only french thing left in Bretonnia is the names. They went full king arthur a while ago

>you guys
Read what I wrote again and think about how stupid you've made yourself look.

Can I say as a burger, I appreciate you frogs and wish Napoleon had escaped here successfully.

Sure, I'll believe you Frogger.

Napoleon was italian tho

He's clearly Chinese

Yes, and where do you think the Arthurian romances were written?

Yeah but then we could have had a pan franco empire and burgerland would have better food

>Empire is 1500s reneissance europe
>Bretonnia is 1400s fuedal europe
>wondering which would win, the army that is 100 years ahead or the one 100 years behind
Hmmmm

sauce on that image?

1400s army also has some pretty great magical powers that balance it out.
Both have to invade the other through narrow mountain passes or other small fronts which make outmaneuvering the enemy difficult.

>We still basically have the supremacy of language in Africa though.

Not for rong!

The one that is French Catholics duh

Sigmar doesn't do jack shit for anyone

They're not Catholic though.

People who worship a forest lady can only be described as pagan.

>no more bombards, mortars, organ guns, swivel guns and pot de feu
palsambleu!

what if she's the virgin mary?

Get outta here, orthoboi. Or Protboi. Whichever one.

>great magical prowess
>some girls from the forest
>a huge college where magic of all kinds are taught and researched

protestants don't have saints. catholics do.

It's cool burgerman, it's all shits and giggles until someone takes it too seriously. At the end of the day, we're still part of The West.

Napoeléon was a damn Chad, we're damn proud of him.

Absolutely. Protestants only have sinners.

Don't forget the Grail-buffed supermen

Lmao.
Apparently, Protestants ceremonies are very different, less grandiose than Catholics mass. My Dad often goes to the Protestant temple (since there's no church) when we go to a small Swiss village on holidays.

Protestants ceremonies also take 4 times as long too.

Bombing was imprecise then, that's all that can be said about it.
There were exactly two ways you could pull off "precision" bombing; with the bombers flying level at (relatively) low altitudes and dive bombers. Both of them require air superiority.
The Germans found out just how vulnerable stukas were against people that could actually shoot back, and the USAAF simply didn't use dive bombers all that much.
The Norden Bombsight existed for level bombing, but it required a bomber to fly level at relatively low altitudes, and it turns out that bomber crews don't like flying level at anything lower than as high as they can fucking get in broad daylight when there are flak guns pounding at you and fighters trying to shoot you down. Hell, the RAF just gave up trying to hit with any sort of precision and just focused on firebombing at night in a general area.
Ultimately, there were German installations on occupied French land, and no nation in World War II would have been able to destroy them without either some level of civilian casualties or massive losses in men and materiel from AA/air interception.

Weird, I never asked him, seemed like it was the standard 1-hour long boring torture.

To be fair, I live in the Bible Belt, so I get a lot of Baptist Protestantism. So it might just be Baptists that take forever.

Probably that. American's Christianity is fucking mental and sect-like compared to our rather secular practices nowadays.

I think that Anglicans have saints, but then again that church is just Papism but with every word "pope" replaced with "king".

I was born American catholic but was shocked at how reasonable the Lutheran Church I visited in Sweden was, nothing like the outlet of mental illness that Protestantism is in America

>I think that Anglicans have saints, but then again that church is just Papism but with every word "pope" replaced with "king".
Anglicans have saints but much like God they're an optional extra.

Does anyone have the stats for those old bret guns? Are they compatible with the latter editions, or is it 1st ed. statblocks?

Is there any non-nurgle army as smelly as a bretonnia army?