Connected to HelixNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>CPR_for_Trogs.sim
>Ten_Uses_For_A_Syringe.trid
>How_To_Perform_Self-Amputations.knwsft
>Az-Am_War_Vets.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1800 (98% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Does this rash look normal?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Elven_Nurses_Gone_Wild.BTL...

>Watch your chummers' backs
>Cut straight
>Conserve medkits
>And never, ever buy CGL bandages

Medical Edition: Where does your runner go to get patched up? When was his/her last check-up?
GMs, what is your favorite doctor to play?

Other urls found in this thread:

heri-shinato.deviantart.com/art/1-M-P-E-R-F-3-C-T-725075392
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vampire Doctor who goes by the monkier 'Dr.Acula'. Very chipper and upbeat, with many thinking he's a bit of a loon. Discounts with bodies, with more if it's a living subject.

Can vampire doctor feed of wannabe street samurai and then install ware into the resulting essence hole?

The runners get patched up at either the clinic in the hotel proper, the well-stocked surgery several floors down, or outside where it won't bother staff.

The doctor they have is a partially-sane sociopathic Long Haul addict, writing under then name "Dr. Hugh N. Munann". He always is wearing a white cloak and a beaked gas mask.

"Hello, goyim! Credsticks in the bowl. Don't mind the smell, it's just my heritage. Hop on into the golem's arms, he'll take you to the operating table. Oh, are those gold fillings?" "Oh, are you bored, waiting as I perform my masterwork? You poor goy. Here, have my copy of the protocols. A little light reading for you." "Oy! That was a tough job. I could go for little bris."

Doctor J. uden is basically a /pol/ stereotype given human form. Doesn't get along with Doctor Clearback, either, the Humanis cyberware surgeon with a troll fetish.

Recommend me some qualities (positive and negative) for a wagemage gone rogue after finding out that his parent company offed his parents to pick him up for his talent.

>Humanis cyberware surgeon with a troll fetish.
huh

Pos:
>College Education (?)
>Spirit Ally or something
>Astral Chameleon
>Lightning Reflexes

Cons:
>Vendetta (that company)
>SINner (Corp/Limited)
>Records on File (?)
>Addiction (Burnout) (Penises)

I forget how he came about. Random jew stereotypes and random stormfront stereotypes are a staple for support characters in our games, no matter what system we're playing. Juden usually lives with his mother, Clearback's usually some sort of deviant sex predator.

>>Addiction (Burnout) (Penises)

He's a former wageslave
getting fucked everyday is to be expected

One of our players plays an ex-DocWagon chick; her main thing is rigging, but she doubles as our field medic. When she can't do it for whatever reason, or we need more intensive care, we generally go to a burnout dwarf street doc with a BTL addiction (he accepts both nuyen and btl chips as payment).

In memory of Goblin Edition.

Records on File (Anal Circumference)

It was a good edition, but nobody made a thread in 6 hours.

So in case i want to play an angry duck in shadowrun, should i surge a dwarf and go for heavy weapons ?

Duck Shapeshifter?

>lightning reflexes
>not Adrenaline Surge
weak.

The person who wrote the examples fucked up spectacularly, and did exactly the opposite of the spell's intention. Fixed in Errata.

this also doesn't work in 5e

>looking at images for inspiration
>find this, really like it
>but unsure of what build to go for him

So I'll ask you, Chummers, is this guy an Adept or a Mage? And what Mentor Spirit might he follow?

4 cyberlimb sammy focused on blades, with a custom ballistic mask

Decker, that's his persona.

What do players of the more ugly metatypes (dwarves/orks/trolls etc.) do for art? Tons of art out there for cyberpunk humans, less so for the rest.

Gracias, anons

>t. guy who made goblin edition

I roll a hobgoblin atm and there's... like... no art out there that'd work for her (I've looked). If I had more money, I might commission something, but I don't see a reason to bother because I'm a poorfag and I can just use my imagination.

Regular orks have plenty of good art, from what I've seen. Trolls, dwarves, and metavariants in general (except oni, I've seen some good oni art) kinda get the shaft.

>If I had more money, I might commission something, but I don't see a reason to bother because I'm a poorfag and I can just use my imagination.
ask the drawthread?

Generic Streetsam.pdf

We can go better than "cyber samurai"

How about a mundane human who learned arcana, or even downloaded the skill to summon a spirit to posses his blade.
He needs the spirit to avenge his family who where snatched by a bunch of roach spirits and his gaudy looks are part of the deal with the spirit (who may or may not just be fucking with him).
The Katana isn't even real, it's a cheap but sturdy durasteel knockoff his dad bought/stole for him when he was just a wee lad.

There's a lot going on here. Victorian-esque clothing, cowboy hat and boots, japanese sword and a featureless mask....

I'd say Adept following the Spiritual Way with Mentor Spirit: Bat who's picked up all kinds of things from his travels. Maybe has a sixshooter and some martial art techniques in The Cowboy Way aswell as his Blades skill. Stuff like that.

Has anyone here played the Shadowrun hack for Blades in the Dark? I've heard good things, and the pdf is interesting, but I want to know if anyone's actually used it.

Please tell me its called Blades in the Shadows or Runs in the Dark.

I've seen one called Runners in the Dark

The one I've got is called Runners in the Shadows.

I think I once stole the guys in the pictures drugs and then had to fight him in a cage match at a fancy dinner party.

Maybe Joggers in the twilight ?

>Medical Edition: Where does your runner go to get patched up? When was his/her last check-up?

My character is actually the group's medic.

Hasn't gotten to patching anyone yet as game just started, and i feel it'll be problematic with one party member being a sanic adept and the other requiring repairs, rather than healing.

Oh well.

>My character is actually the group's medic.

I know that feel.
Haven't had to patch somebody up so far either, and if it happens, 17 Dice total should be enough. Only problem is if i myself am the one to get shot down, because we play with the stricter rules from Bullets&Bandages.
Should probably invest in some emergencydrugs for my auto-injector, considering i'm literally the only one in the group to be able to administer any kind of help (except a Medkit on Autopilot).

>i'm literally the only one in the group to be able to administer any kind of help
Stim patch for when you go down to stun damage. Literally no skill, just slap it on. Trauma patch when you go down to physical.

Or did B&B get rid of those?

Keep in mind trauma patch only stabilizes. No healing.

In-combat healing is pretty much limited to patches and magic though, due to the whole "you have to sit next to them for every box youre healing" thing, plus condition modifiers from environment and all that.

Might be an option, but it would still only give me very little time and leaves me with a lot of damage.
Like, being knocked-out is not that much of an issue, but if its ever knocked-out+bleeding out, i'm in a hell lot of trouble, especially since the groupes mage follows that wonky tradition from FA that only allows him to cast health spells on himself.
I think i need to go through all the drugs again and cook something up with an autoinjector and a linked biomonitor.

This is clearly Lone Star Special Forces(needs a better name) . This is who they send when HRT and SWAT would cause too much collateral damage. World wide survivors number in the teens. The ambiguity of the uniform leads to the urban legend that its just one operative, the true number is unknown. Magic is not unheard of but combat prowess is always off the charts.

No, you just tell your team to pay the fuck up and have 1 trauma patch each so you don't bleed out. Stim Patches is something every runner should have 2-3 of anyway, but most skimp out on the trauma.

... and his name is Marshal Bravestarr.

>Have upcoming Shadowrun game
>Made a Transhuman Prototype character. Was vat-grown in an Aztechnology facility as part of an experiment in creating vat-grown soldiers
>Entire life is raised to fight. Very little social or emotional development as a result.
>Basically was raised to be a weapon rather than a person
>Eventually has crisis of conscience after an incident involving a lot of dead civilians, to keep things short
>Manages to escape facility and travels far away. Now attempting to live a normal(ish) life in Seattle, working as a shadowrunner because it's kind of the only work he can get with no SIN and no experience or education outside of fighting.

I'm trying to decide on how I want to roleplay him. I've already decided that he's socially stunted and thus has trouble with social conventions, but outside of that I'm trying to think of possible things to do with the character. We did have a guy who was gonna play a very Christian character, so I had been thinking of using that and having him go to church with him one day to pull a sort of "Do I have a soul?" moment, but the player ended up dropping out so I'm trying to brainstorm other RP opportunities for him. Thoughts?

Pic semi-related, I'm leaning more towards Blade Runner for inspiration than MGS, but I'll admit I couldn't help but fit in a couple references here and there. Like him being trained for stealth operations amd having a high Unarmed skill.

>Made a Transhuman Prototype character. Was vat-grown in an Aztechnology facility as part of an experiment in creating vat-grown soldiers
>Entire life is raised to fight. Very little social or emotional development as a result.
>Basically was raised to be a weapon rather than a person
That background is so overused people have started banning it.

Which is a shame, since in canon that shit happens all the time.
"Building Better Soldiers" is essentially a full-contact sport played between the megas.

Wait, is it? Damn, that's disappointing. Though to be fair, I started working on the character not long after seeing Blade Runner for the first time, so I guess it makes sense there'd be a lot of people that have done something similar.

If your GM doesn't ban it then just go with it, man. It's a game.

And there's no points for originality. Nothing's original anyway. Staying away from "overused" things just because they aren't as novel anymore is just being contrarian.

What was your character's greatest kill?

Higher quality source:
heri-shinato.deviantart.com/art/1-M-P-E-R-F-3-C-T-725075392

The real issue is that you haven't made a character, you made a tool.
How will you roleplay such a thing when you aren't fighting your way out of a run gone wrong? You made an excuse to throw dice at the table, not play the game.

Food for thought: Instead of making him grim and stoic like a lot of vat-grown soldier concepts, have him as an upbeat team-player.

Even a corp as cartoonishly dickheaded as Aztechnology understands that having a team that works together and looks out for eachother is more efficient on the field than a dozen lone-wolves, and so despite being raised for combat they might go out of their way to condition strong pack/group-instincts and an eagerness to please superiors and peers alike in their supersoldier projects. Instead of growing withdrawn, your shadowrunner might instead form strong bonds with his new crew and go out of his way to get on friendly terms with them and prove himself as 'one of the team' (which with his stunted social skills could lead to some hilarious or even dramatic roleplay opportunities).

pic semi-related, this guy's what I'm thinking of but turned to eleven.

Have you ever seen a work of fiction that uses this character concept in your life?

Yes, and most are exactly what posited until sometime well into the fiction piece, they discover "feelings".
This isn't a book, however, and there is no convenient plot point for roborunner to find out he is a person, too. That's why some things that work in other media do not work in a pnp rpg.

This is a good point. As a super soldier one thing they'd try to purge from him is a sense of individuality. Obviously he is an individual organism, but his thought processes would always be centered around the group and the mission. This doesn't necessarily mean he has to be an emotionless robot, though. He could have great esprit de corps that he's now trying to associate with the group. He tackles everything with commitment and enthusiasm. He could be a leader or a follower, or either depending on the context.

But by himself he just kinda... shuts down, taking it to an extreme. He's all about the team and the mission. Now that he's free, though, there's room for him to start growing. Capitalize on that opportunity for him to grow as an individual.

One question I do have, though, is why that one mission turned him off to Aztechnology? They've had his entire life to indoctrinate him. Where does this attachment to civilian lives come from? Did he drink the "we're here to protect the common man" kool aid and believe it harder than the corp anticipated? Was there someone else in the picture who had an influence on him?

Why are they always growing perfect soldiers?

How about eprfect prostitutes?

Why not perfect soldier prostitutes?

Leeds Castle.
It was being used as a base by an influential (though rogue) cadre of Ordo Maximus Vampires. They had turned it into a facility where they genetically modified 'perfect' vampires to not have allergies, and then used CFD to upload themselves into their improved bodies.
We crashed a blimp into it. Oh the humanity.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. We used methane to make the blimp lighter-than-air, so the castle was essentially destroyed by a gigantic flaming stink-bomb.
Take THAT, uppity vampires.

I don't really blame you, mostly because Prototype Transhuman is a piece of shit to explain in any other way. The only ways you can really go with it is either Wolverine or Adam Jensen.

So after reminiscing with a friend about getting chased by canadian geese as a kid, I kinda want to stat out a goose shifter, but I'm unsure what exactly how to do it, 'cause chummer's shit at doing shifters.

Hey, yekka!
There's another person disappointed at your glacial progress on shifters!
Hurry it up!

Yeah, at this rate I'll buy herolab or something out of frustration.

You could always learn the system instead of relying on chummer.
Too many people I know just use chummer for charges without cracking open the book and don't know how basic systems work.

>learn the system
Hell no!
That's what the Blades in the Dark hack is for, user.

then why do you need chummer?

Sometimes I like to pretend I'm playing "real" Shadowrun.

They're literally already in. The shit else do you furries want?

Yeah, I know how the basic system works

I also know I'm bad at math and lazy.

Don't throw stones at me from your Ponyrun house.

If my sammy does physical damage with unarmed because of bone-lacing, what dicepool penalty (if any) would I have for wanting to deal stun damage instead?

>not getting Prototype Transhuman for all that QoL ware

Why would you force yourself to do all that tedious unnecessary counting and recording?

-4, like a called shot, I would guess.

Gracias user

gonna post the rest?

Only three in the set, but sure.

thanks chummer

>If my sammy does physical damage with unarmed because of bone-lacing, what dicepool penalty (if any) would I have for wanting to deal stun damage instead?
I'd rule no penalty, just because melee gets shafted enough already.

Maybe just +1 AP, same as the gun users get.

In fourth edition, if my Unaugmented Agility is 3, I have two Cyberlimbs with Enhanced Agility 3, my Agility is then 6 for the purpose of any tests using either or both my arms, correct?

yes

There's a lot more basic and frequent character archetypes that have severe issues in Chummer pretty quickly other than shifters.

That's why you get it, but you still gotta explain it. If you want unexplained ya gotta settle for Biocompatability or shell out for Adapsin.

Just wait until CGL decides to make it something anyone can have.

To elaborate: If you hit someone unarmored with a lethal weapon, it's lethal. The problem is that you're _hitting_ when you shouldn't be. It's Unarmed, its best use is literally Subduing and anyone in melee who doesn't have Unarmed themselves to defend from subdual is basically boned aswell. So instead of hitting the guy with your bone fists, put him in a choke hold already and watch the stun go up.

So, I am attempting to build an AI, any hints or tips since this is my first time with it. I was thinking of leaning into the Rigger/Decker role, is that good for AI or should I look into doing something else?

Decker makes you pretty vulnerable as an AI honestly as you have no safe meatspace to fuck off to when things get bad for you in the matrix.

You can't jump into a device and kill it's wireless to hide out?

Link-locked.

What would you recommend for an AI character then? Or are they just all around bad?

>you still gotta explain it.
The Ultimate Wageslave.

Face.

Any suggestions for how to do that?
I am kind of curious how the AI would interact with people to be a face.

Face or possibly Rigger, but never ever run yourself on the RCC and have some way to shut the RCC off from the matrix you can activate remotely, such as by keeping it in a faraday cage with a lined connection outside to a satellite link and being able to cut the power generation to the satlink.

If a meatperson dumpshocks they can reach over and rip their device off the matrix. If you dumpshock out of something the device is left behind and anyone will happily rewrite its bootcode.

Also keep in mind that marks on you persist even if you rehost yourself, so you are auto-spotted as long as you're connected to the matrix. You need redundant shutoffs for your used devices and host devices that are preferably a hard physical seperation.

Holo Bracelet.

Watch Altered Carbon. Poe from the Raven is a great Face.

>Any suggestions for how to do that?
Exceptional Entity, pump Cha to 13 and take every single Face skill. Spam Leadership (Direct) in combat like any good Face should.

Would you vote for the big D?

Hey, so I've got a problem with chummer and wondering if any of y'all could help me out. My character recently gained the "adept" ability, but today when I opened my save, my MAG was set to 0 and couldn't be changed, even if I removed and added the adept quality again. Has anyone encountered this before, and do you know any fixes?

#NotMyPresident
Mountainshumpf go home

Anyone who needs people to vote for them to be in charge isn't really in charge.

t. Lofwyr