Drawthread: Them's Fighting Birds Edition

>>>RULESReminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.
>Ignore the bait, you're better than this
>Stay on topic

Artists and Artists-to-Be:
>Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information, but:
>If you're dropping your commission info, consider filling a request beforehand instead of just advertising

Books and Tutorials:
>mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
>dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:
>quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:
>archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art Guide:
>sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/LLaszgNZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anchor post

Requesting what is effectively a "Gentleman Thief" type character.
He's technically a Warlock, getting his powers from a Lovecraftian-esque being. The dude is supposed to be the "Party Face", so it's not like he's some edgy brooding cunt or anything.
The outfit comes is literally the set on the box from Bloodborne (kinda obvious), and the face is young Teddy Roosevelt. Not sure why I settled on the latter honestly.

The necklace with the crystal on it and the mask are both magic items. The crystal is a black shard of some unknown material that comes from his Patron's dimension. I imagine it looks like what's in the picture, but made of Vantablack. The mask basically lets him "see" the thoughts of others when worn. It looks very "Gnomish" or "Dwarven" in it's construction. The cane is a cane, he holds it I guess.

The clothing should look as it is in the pictuer, but without the hat, with the collar not popped up, and there's a hood as well (which isn't up)

That's about it.

Half elf Character looking like Rusty venture, wearing the cloak(simple black cloak works too) holding the staff standing next to a devil in a suit.

Requesting a drawing of Garus, Life domain teifling cleric.
Black hair, pure white skin, fangs, six fingers on each hand, yellow eyes, long tail.
Soft smiling face and generaly nice face.
Holy symbol (where the amber in the robes are) is of an amber flame symbol with gold
Wields a mace on his side, shield on his back and a prayer book on his other side.
Wears chain mail underneath robes.

Anchoring for drow matriarch and her throne lined with brains-in-jars.

It's been a while since there was an update, so the artist might have dropped the request so if someone else would like to give this a shot it would be appreciated.

And here is the original reference.

Anchoring for drawfriend. Hope your system's working better, I know what a pain in the ass computer issues can be.

Requesting a white haired dryad drinking tea and smoking hookah while sitting in a cross legged pose. Here's more details

Dryad:
-white long haired with pale wooden skin and very slight overgrowth (leaves, petals) on her body

-red eyes with twisted and branched wooden horns.

-long robe like this but white with golden lining

-She should be sitting crossed while puffing orange smoke.

Other:
-A metal small round table on her left with a cup of tea on it and A Hookah on her right.

Anchoring for the artist working on my Golden Wizard!

Heya, im wondering if anyone would be able to help me with my Suli for an upcoming game!
Aside from the included info, he is going to be big on acrobatics, which is why i want a somewhat breezy outfit. He is also from an asian-inspired country, if thats of any importance. His goto-elements are gonna be fire and electricity, but which arm uses which is not important.
Thank you!

Requesting a full body drawing of my damphir girl wearing light body armor with some throwing knives around it, two wolverine-like claw gauntlet weapons on both of her hands, a tomahawk carried on her right thigh and on the other side a double-edged sword with the handle of it being made from human bone with some ruins engraved onto the bone and it doesn't have a crossguard, and have her necklace of vampire fangs being visible. Oh, and her knives, claw gauntlets, tomahawk, and sword are made of silver.

Requesting a grotesque dressed like Mozard with a white wig on it's helmet

That looks really cool.

Requesting: Female Halfling Barbarian

Young, just coming into her own. Orphaned by war and adopted into a nomadic barbarian clan, she had to toughen up to compensate for being a small sized and cute Halfling child amongst a group of Goliath warriors. Developed a fiery personality with a tendency to overcompensate, always out to prove her mettle. Short blonde hair something akin to what's featured. Typical unarmored barbarian look, maybe something like the clothing reference provided but I'm not too picky in that regard. Wearing an Owlbear cloak similar to the one provided in the reference sheet, a trophy from her first big kill. Wields dual bone tomahawks.

Feel free to add your own flare/spin to it as long as the basics are there.

Requesting a drawing of a creepy TV silhuette of a character I'm planning to use in my next M&M campaign. The silhuette should have a Tv static effect, the kind of static you see in old televisions, or something close to Fallout Pip-Boy. The character looks kind of like Batman TAS's Gordon but well, more spooky. Only his glasses, hair and mustache should be seen, kind of like DC Online's Calculator (the red glases guy in the picture)
Thanks and good luck!

Requesting my winter eladrin archer bard. She'd preferably have the skin, hair, and eye color of 1, but with the facial features of 4. She'd have ice arrows like in image 3 and her clothes would preferably be a mixture of the cloak in image 1 and the parka in image 2.

Requesting a greaser wrestler.
His mask his cut open on the top to let his gigantic black haired pompadour visible. He is wearing the outfit on the bottom.
Doing a pose like Johnny Bravo is optional
Thanks!

Re-requesting my Lycan character based heavily on the Lycans from The Order:1886 game walking down a hallway and holding a human heart, and maybe add a chunk missing from the heart and there is some blood on his mouth as he took a bite out of it. And make him look a little more human than in his bust, but still having a bit of a muzzle though.

Reposting from last thread

Helmet and face mask from 1
Jacket from 2 but highly simplified, nothing should look factory made or relatively "modern," ie. no zippers or velcro, just wooden buttons; jacket does have a hood (kinda hard to see in the pic) and only goes to about the elbows with a little mail pocking out, the sleeves are from a knitted sweater and should be fairly tight fitting.
Pants and jackboots from 3, jackboots should be brown instead of black, if possible pants should have a plaid pattern similar to 3a in colour, I understand if this is a bit too difficult and solid green pants would work just fine.
Webbing kit from 4
Sabre from 5, preferably sheathed, a strap should go across the chest rather than the scabbard hooking to a belt.
Backpack from 6 minus the zipper, doesn't need to be visible.
The main weapon is the AKm, can be slung or held.

That was a hard facial feature to come up with. still not really happy with it.

Still hoping.

Never gonna give you up.

Request Human Sorcerer Spellblade.

He's a very charming guy, even though one of his ears is slightly larger than the other one. His magic has a tendency to scare the uninformed as whenever he uses magic it causes small illusionary elemental magic to form around him and objects around him, so it makes people a little jumpy. He was also a soldier, who spent the majority of his time honing his martial and innate magical abilities, so he's pretty good at the whole deal. Have fun with it!

Now with less shield to make it slightly easier!

Anchoring for amazing heads!!!

requesting Sister of battle bridal carrying a gaurdsmen

1 makes me think you already got a portrait but happen to want another, though?

anchoring my sassy tiefling and thank you again for taking her up.

misclicked meant to anchor this here

Weird...

Bully this elf, please.

Begrudgingly receiving head pats, being mocked by women, etc.

Requesting a female cavalier. Wears gold armor that has flair/details similar to the Greek along with a sash styled exactly like Mipha's, except the end goes all the way to the floor to mimic a cape (also plain white). She wears her helmet all the time to hide her identity, people only see her blue eyes almost glowing from within. Choice of weapon is a great sword. Hair isn't tied or pinned back so it should be coming out from the helmet.

Requesting a dragonborn with metallic lower torso, preferably in torso shown but warforged or any other kind with 2 legs welcomed. Weapon and armor shown but is by no need required, have fun with it.

I hope my style isn't too offensive for you. Don't draw a lot of small folk.

hello artist could I make a request?

Pretty great, I've never been one to be too picky about artstyle. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to draw this for me, user!

Haha, you can always ask, but I make no promises.

No problem

I agree, I'm pretty pumped to see how it looks when its finished, the lineart already looks so great.

was looking for this one another tough girl like the one in your pic with the barbarian

Gosh the armour is so troublesome, especially as I don't know too much about 40k.

I can do a sketch though, if that would be satisfactory.

hello draw friend, would you be willing to do this?

sketch sounds fine here is a better picture of what a sister looks like. I would like the art cute though so cartoony is good

I'll see what I can do
Sure, but fair warning: I don't draw guys super often.

An artist said they were going to take my request 2 threads ago. I am just hanging around to let the artist know I am still here. I have not received a delivery.

im sure it will be fine, so no worries

Anyone here have an art blog or tumblr that is taking commissions

I hope you like it.

I'll start on this one now, but I might only finish it later. This'll be the last one for now too guys, I might take a few more when I get back. Thanks!

What do you need this for?

Ahh I forgot the extra fingers! Very sorry about that. I fixed it up quick

sounds good thanks man

Requesting a Cyborg character

For the torso, the lower right and the upper left with the filteration tubing on the upper right.
The arms on the left and the legs on the lower right.
Wearing the clothes in the lower dudes picture with the face above it, with a cyborg eye from the face on the left.

Requesting my character’s wood elf wife.She’s passive-aggressive,stubborn a bookworm and former party animal. She also has a habit of sneaking up on my character.

The DM never gave me a physical description of her and when I ask he just gives me a shrug.

So it’s open to the artist interpretation.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

amazing ty

Twayne T. Boneraper

Okay I had more time than I thought. I hope this works, I can put some flat colours in later maybe but for now I'm off.

yes! very cute thank you

First thing that came to mind when I thought devil in suit.

Requesting a 7ft tall wookie wielding this 3ft long lightsaber hilt. The left hand blade is probably not switched on (as shown in pic related), and he would be wielding it like a polearm. Also the blade is white, as you can see.

He may or may not be wearing glasses. He's meant to be a librarian/lore keeper.

I feel like a jedi wookie (assumption made because he wielding a lightsaber) would probably look more unique than "nondescript wookie".

>Half elf Character
pointy ears check
>looking like Rusty venture
check
>wearing the cloak(simple black cloak works too)
check
>holding the staff
check
>standing next to a devil in a suit.
check

Anchoring porcupine for drawfriend. Take your time mate, I'm in no hurry. Thanks for your help!

That's a good point. He is meant to be a jedi wookie, I'll mention that next time around if this isn't taken up. Also, I'm planning on adding this pic into it for a reference for his stance, though I'm not sure if the stance would work better with him having both hands on the hilt or not, considering the style of hilt being a very long one.

You should probably add a lot more into what you want for referance.
Once again, wookies aren't just all one nondescript appearing Wookie. Face-structure, hair colour, hair styles like braids etc. and then, of course, clothing!

requesting a malajusted jester turned swashbuckler. All the details are on the pic I'll just add that his face look a bit more younger and healthy, along with a smug/happy expression. The circle on his cheek is a hot iron brand.
He is also wielding one of the basket hilted sword on picture 2, just use as a reference the one you like the most
Please and thank you

Yes, I'll have a think about how to word stuff. I would have added information before this but I've just gone through a breakup from a 7 year relationship so I wound up just reposting it bleakly every day.

It'd be a brown haired wookie, as for face structure, I have to admit I hadn't thought much about that. I'd have him keep his hair tidy with minimal effort. So rather than braids, just using 'hair cuffs' i think they're called. Also, I thought wookie's didn't wear clothing? I'm still not entirely sure how a jedi wookie librarian would look in terms of attire.

Not the OR, but that's pretty good

Part 1/2
Hello, drawfriends! I'd like to make my very first request here of a portrait of my roleplaying character on the World of Warcraft server Argent Dawn! I don't have any money, so if someone could kindly gift me the portrait then I'd be eternally grateful (BTW, please don't draw mine before any commission you might have in your queue - I don't want to halter your work! ) Pic related is what she looks like in game, but there are some major differences in game compared to what she looks like out of the game.

>What will I do with the drawing?

I'll link it in my character's profile and use it as a reference to how she looks like, along with my written description of her.

>Who is she?

Her name's Cathline Willoughby, a sixteen year old human apprentice cleric that hails from the northern realms of the Eastern Kingdoms. Having arrived in the city of Stormwind with the help of a trade caravan, along with the company of other fellow immigrants, from the north she seeks to carve a life out for herself in the south as a mender! She's a fairly upbeat, yet humble character, seeking to hone her skills with the divine, healing magic of the Light through pious work in the clergy, and hours of studying and practicing.

She's beyond her years, taking on to a more responsible duty for what might come in the future - eventual wars, especially one which is told to happen in her very homeland, that might hint at its reclamation from the undead battalions of Sylvanas Whisperwind. Though she kept a hearty, albeit introverted life outside of the church as well, resorting to hobbies such as cooking, knitting or reading, as well as volunteering at the local orphanage of the city she's in.

Character description!: pastebin.com/LLaszgNZ

bare foot?

Part 2/2!

>What do I want the drawing to look like?

I'd like for the picture to embody a more comfy. citizen air, as opposed to the typical war-torn World of Warcraft atmosphere and its inhabitants. I'd like for a drawing where she's sitting in a rocker by a hearth with a yarn of wool on her lap, and with her hands occupied at knitting. She'd stare through her wide-lensed, round glasses into the beholder, as if surprised, bearing a beaming smile. I would also love it if the artist drew a little brown cat on the floor, and if the artist read the description and captivated her appearance: a bit chubby, ginger and freckled. Else than that, go ham with the drawing! I'd love to see what you'll bring forth.

Simple request.

Please draw my character in your style! However, please remove that cloud above his crown, and make it so that he is flying on top of a cloud, Sun Wukong style. He should have a sword and pistol, a more tanned skin and the expression of a playful adventurer.

user holy shit

this is for tabletop requests and nobody on earth needs *all* of that information. look at all these other requests and take note.

Sorry. It's my first request, so I'm kind of nervous. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make the next one shorter.

I must've missed the "Single post" part, I'm terribly sorry.

flip flops

and keep it Veeky Forums related instead of /v/ because /v/ has its own drawthreads.

user, they're linking you to the /v/ drawthread. Go to that thread and make your request because we don't do video game waifus on Veeky Forums.

Requesting art of a nymph and fairy.

The nymph looks similar to Gardevoir from Pokémon, same skin color and same hair shape, but without the chest spike. The nymph’s dress looks like it’s made of flower petals, the petals being the same as the white and yellow flower on the left. The nymph has the pink flower on the right in her hair and her hair color is the same as the yellow on the white and yellow flower.

It’s fine if the fairy is just the same as the orange guy in the top right, just with the same color pallet as the white and yellow flower on the left (and the nymph’s dress).

For the poses, I’d like for them both to be dizzy/dazed with anime style swirly eyes. The nymph teetering/dizzy like the character in the image in the bottom left, and the nymph sitting down like he character in the image in the bottom right.

Please tell me if this is too complicated and I’ll attempt to make it more do-able.

Thanks!

Cute! Nice work.

You guys may as well have sent this poor dud to /d/

OR here. Amazing thank you user!

We sent him where his request goes, user. Nothing wrong with that.

Great job, love it!

Hello, I¿m the one working on the previous sketch and this is my current progress, I'm really sorry, I just read the reply about some of the body proportions but already put the ink, I'm going to color it next so I will do my best on it

thats hilarious and i like it. Im streaming the drawing on twitch in the masgam channel (also doing other stuff on the side) in case you wanna check it

Aasimar Paladin who is a disciple of a fallen God of Storms. One of many, they all travel the world as nomads and mercenaries, trying to find their lost God, and take vengeance against those who either fight for or worship one of the gods who took part in the events that got him cast from the Heavens. Idea is to be a suit of armor, with a tattered navy skirt/tasset/robe thing coming from the waist, and a big snug bunch of cloth all around the upper body, to protect against strong winds, and to be comfy as fuck, and having it semi-conceal the head like a big scarf. The glaive is basically his general all purpose weapon, while the greatsword is a "last resort", for heavy finishing blows, or a backup in case he loses his glaive somehow. So having the greatsword on his back somehow, with a sheathe or something, and the the glaive held in his right hand, with the butt of the shaft resting on the ground, would be best.

Thanks in advanced to whoever drawfag does this, you guys are amazing.

Sorry for not replying earlier but my internet is being shitty right now. i dont think i can watch it, sorry drawfriend.

progress pic since its taking a while.

holy shit user I am in your debt.

please tell me you have an art blog I can follow.

No worries, man. That's looking absolutely stunning, holy shit! The details are just flat-out beautiful, words fail me.

>Tiefling tats
This thread suddenly got alot better. Swell work user

Tats?

He means tits.

no tattoos but she does have some piercings in keeping with one of her patron's rituals

yeah didn't see it until after I posted.

why do faces give me such autism? i just want to draw dwarves

A male gnoll technomancer. He's more tall and gangly than the average gnoll. He wears a standard set of light armour over his coveralls, with sturdy boots and a sealable helmet. He wears a toolbelt with all sorts of goodies in it, and probably has a packet of cigarettes somewhere on him. Weapon-wise, he has a holy-infused lightning gun.