Stylish Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
How does your character looks like? How does s/he dress when not lurking through forgotten tombs?

Eh, sure, I'll take this one instead.

+1 for great concept art.

>How does your character looks like?
>Has your character prayed to there God or Goddess today?

Is this a new meme?

I don't really have an image or anything, but it's a scalemale wearing half-orc wielding a 1handed mace.

He has some minor scars from years of battle, but doesn't look too bad. Fairly minimal tusks, much to his embarrassment, so he overcompensates by growing a massive beard.
He has fairly deep, almost steel-grey eyes and is of a fairly bulky but still athletic build.

In his downtime he usually enjoys just dressing in a normal, loose-fitting shirt and some thicker traveling pants.

Hopefully not, I'm just gonna assume it's English is a second language or retarded OP.

My Dwarf Druid/Sorcerer usually wears a royal purple robe with gold trim, trying to look more arcane since he thinks his druidic magic is an elven curse

What do your villains do in their downtime?
Do they have a social life? Friends? Pets? Hobbies?

I don't think so, but i am tired from work, so forgive me that i have difficulty with coming up with something original. I just picked random picture in my character art folder and came with question that seemed to fit.

Although, came to think of it, better question would be how to properly convey visual information by 'mere' storytelling?

>How does your character looks like?

Big shiny plate armor.

m-mommy

Is he the famous Knight in Shining Armor?

He said armor, maybe he's just animated plate like Vhailor.

If your flaws are all negated they're not flaws, it's also a Sue'ism.

Does anyone have a zip of the high resolution maps for Tomb of Annihilation? The trove only has a PDF which has low resolution of some of the maps.

Couple of them do, they're nobles or merchants with families social loves and so on. The real BBEG doesn't, he lost all that by his own hand and it's why he's a Death Knight. Hopefully my players catch on to investigate his back story and home for clues to weaken him otherwise he's gonna be fuck you power levels by the end with the current rate they're going.

Would appreciate any input
Pic unrelated

One of my NPCs was constantly described as wearing plate armor and a horned helmet. When I mentioned him taking it off and turning out to be a regular guy, the players were really upset by him not being a helmed horror, or a tiefling, or some other monster who's hiding his face.

This is D&D not Stems and Seeds

Posted question in shit thread, reposting here

I-what?
My character doesn't have any "flaws" to begin with?
Other than small tusks for a half-orc, but that doesn't even have a mechanic tied to it to begin with?

I am so confused by your post.

disadvantage to all skills and attack rolls because adventuring while stoned out of your gourd will not end well.

>If your flaws are all negated they're not flaws
What was that about?

Shhh don't listen to them user they are just a retard on Veeky Forums

I suddenly remembered Wayne and his bait reviews. He was an unfunny cunt, but he was memorable.

How do I play a character that knows da wae

Give up on dead memes

We're only level 4 so he's not famous just yet.

He is very much an actual man wearing armor though.

>Tfw played a paladin that never took his armor off around the party
>Armor was crafted so it was hard to tell if he was bleeding or hurt
>When he went down in a fight the party got curious and took the helmet off
>Found just a plain looking man
>Always just kept the armor on to be more than a man
>Explained that to the people they helped none of them could be just a person
>They were heros, larger than life and invincible
>He intended to live up to that Dread Pirate Roberts style

I like that.
Good paladin.

Fuck I missd the twitch stream on Mordenkaiden's Book of BLOOD WAAAAAAR. Did they go over anything important like contents or was it just vague "it might have this it might not?"

Oathbreaker Paladin or Death Domain Cleric for a leader of the undead type? Raising skeletons and kicking ass with them.

How do any D&D settings function when a level 1 wizard can annihilate all life on the planet with a single 1st level spell slot?

Swap out the Shotgun for a wand and that's her. She's currently wearing a set of +2 glamoured leather armor and a hat of disguise so she's always walking around in her 'regular' clothes.

Except when she's chilling with her harem.

Oathbreaker I'd say.
Fits the stereotype of an unyielding force of death a bit better.

>How does your character looks like? How does s/he dress when not lurking through forgotten tombs?
Human Bard that plays in a children's entertainment troupe called "the Wobbles".
Wears a green turtleneck and black pants.

It really depends on whether you want to hit people with a pointy stick, or point to them and scream "DIE" until they keel over.

Yes one of my players played a their addicted to not!skooma, made it a hallucinigen were a bad con save, depending on the quality, meant you saw weird things and horrible nightmares. Failed Wis save and you'd be frightened and hunker down somewhere or bolt off to try and escape them. Good times.

This better not be that fucking enlarge/reduce the earth meme again

This reminds me of Fangblade from Maplestory. I think you just gave me a great idea for an NPC user

>not owning at least two sets of fancy clothes
Nobility will sniff you out as shitkicking peasants in no time. Always dress to impress and move up in the world

>Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes will be a “Volo’s Guide to Monsters” on cosmic scale with emphasys on legendary and eternal conflicts plaguing the multiverse (not just Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk and will dive deep in existing races’ lore with the introduction of new races and subraces. The Drow schism will be dealt with the elven race as a whole that will also detail how Eladrin were born and changed (some will be apparently be full fey and even Archfey beings) and what the Sea Elves are and where they come from. Duergar (the monstrous options of which will have even more psionic powers) also present in SCAG will be used to detail the place of Dwarves in the planes. The fascinatingly peaceful Halfling and Gnomes will be analised along with bizarre gnomish inventions and mechanical lifeforms. UA races have been confirmed Githzerai & Githyanki (masters of psionic fight and Illithid hunting) and Shadar-kai, elves changed by the darkness of the Shadowfell, a place breeding many of the monsters present in the book. If I heard correctly, some unseen things will make their way in as well.

>And then SO MANY MONSTERS. AT LEAST HALF of the 260-pages book will consist of mechanics (lots of tables for DMs and players alike including personality, apparently) and monsters (even ones new to D&D altogether) including Archdevils (or Archdukes of Hell) and elder elementals such as the City-destroying Leviathan!

In my setting every verbal component is either "DIE" or "FUCK YOU".

Honestly I wouldnt mind getting in the mix with my undead minions, but i'm just trying to recreate the Baldur's Gate lotslotslots of skeletons.

What are some fun dirty fighting tricks a rogue / fighter could pull? Things like running and dropping caltrops, pocket sand, kicks to the groin etc.

I know alignment is a rather contentious concept, but I'm curious about something. As someone that feels most at home playing neutral/lawful good and doesn't like to be a dick in game, what some of your reasons for playing evil characters esp. in a non-evil campaign?

I think it just comes down to a fundamental difference in our way of thinking regarding role playing, but I can never get how some of my party members can just act like dicks 24/7.

The somatic component of Counterspell.

>not fog cloud

I feel like this is a reference to some autistic nip cartoon.

Thanks for your feedback, kind user. I will do my best next time.

I really appreciate that.

He sounds really comfy.

Prepare for your DM to hate your guts, because nothing bogs down combat worse than a player taking an hour to micromanage all of his undead.
That's the second reason I don't allow necromancers at my table.

Take Martial Adept, Battlemaster 3 multiclass. Learn Trip, Disarm, Distract and Menacing maneuvers. 5 d8 maneuvers per short rest to basically control the battlefield.

It works REALLY well with a whip.

Also, keep a hand open for Wand of Webs shenanigans or tossing out bombs, Alchemists' Fire, acid and other such things.

Is there any multiclass that isn't shit at low levels

I have literally never, in my entire 15 year span, played an evil PC or played with an evil PC.
Mostly because my entire group just instantly goes metagaming and says "YEAH WELL WE'LL HAVE TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU AT LEVEL 1, 5 VS 1 FUCKER" or it's just outright banned by the DM.

I've had 15 years of lawful good human, dwarf, elf.
I feel like I am dying inside.

You should've been here last thread I suppose, some dude went full sperglord and insisted that Hexblade is objectively the most powerful class to exist in 5e and multiclassing it is even more powerful.

So I guess Hexblade warlock + any other CHA class?

He'll get over it. Tbh because of limited amount of players we swap DMs every major story arc. The current DM hasn't given us any loot since level 2 and my fighter died fighting a shadow dragon at level 9 with near starter equipment. So I'm just looking for something interesting desu and that can kind of not worry about gear as much.

Smashing your head on a rock then role playing

Is desu not filtered anymore?

Why do I have to take a class feature to do fun stuff?

>shitloads of new elves
>same ol' same ol' when it comes to dwarves
>psionics, so no doubt we're getting Mystic, which will no doubt still be shit
I'm choosing to be super pissy about this until proven wrong. Thanks for the quick rundown regardless.

Moon druid.
Relies on forms instead of actual gear and can get ridiculously powerful.

Huh, guess it is.

I've taken part in a very, very brief all-evil game that didn't instantly fall apart because we backstabbed each other to death - in fact, we quickly found the weakest and most pathetic member of our party, proclaimed him our Dark Lord and sworn to serve him.
This had huge potential, but sadly our DM started having real life issues after, like, third session.

Surely you patchwork fix this by stacking the skeletons as one or two units as most. Might need to tune the stats but the concept would work

Oh shit I was looking into that, that's the one that can turn into elementals at 10 right?

parties I've played in have gone really well with lawful evil characters in them, I don't get why people would want to outright murder them that sounds pretty evil to me

You don't have to. It's just what I've been doing with my character and something I offered as a fun option.

Yep. It's very viable with very little investment.

What class/multiclass/subclass is most suited for transforming somehow so I can be the Kamen Rider of my campaign.

Moon druid transforms
But its probably not what you are looking for

Only sometimes. I think it's random.

That sounds like a lot of fun. :(

My group can't differentiate between real life knowledge and character knowledge. Aswell as according to them, aslong as what you're killing is evil aligned, it doesn't matter if you murder them in cold blood and how you do it.

Monk/Bard.

Unarmed and Perform!

HENSHIN

>aslong as what you're killing is evil aligned, it doesn't matter if you murder them in cold blood and how you do it.
Isn't that kinda the premise of DnD?

Bladesinger too

Yeah Bladesinger can def work if you plan to use a weapon. Just do some poses and shit when you swing out spells.

I mean if the person is willing to join a party but just happen to be evil its pretty evil to murder them just because they are evil

>Getting mystic
Ha, you are wrong

>dwarves get the short end of the stick yet again

I think it's only if all the letters are lower case
Tbh TBh tBh DESU TbH tBH tbH desu

Posted something similar in the last thread, but what would be a good way to build picrelated?

My initial assumption is a V. Human pure Fighter with Battlemaster and Duelist or TWF style, but I could also see arguments for Swashbuckler Rogue (mobility) or Inquisitive Rogue (exploiting vulnerability), possibly with some splash of fighter. Any suggestions on where to take this?

Ahh, seems like all lower or upper.

How balanced is Kobold Press' Player options? Their Tome of Beasts is pretty good, but I'm curious about their other shit. Is it going to break my game?

what, you expect them to get the TALL end of the stick?

when are we getting dirgesinger, bros

To his power level? Impossible.
Just his style of fighting? Duelist Battlemaster.

there isn't any mechanics to support pocket sand and caltrops are mostly useless but having a maneuver or tactic that the enemy wont know about. I have every finesse weapon in various places on my body so when I'm disarmed I switch to the next one. If they're out of range I switch to a hand crossbow, then a short sword etc. A dirty trick is to act stupid and say "I can take you without my weapon" then when they draw a weapon you use the disarm maneuver and beat them with their own weapon
Most dirty tricks that a rogue or fighter can play will stem from their knowledge of enemy tactics like utilizing cover from an allies fog cloud or focusing on certain enemies immediately upon the battle starting.

One way or another you'll want to get Battlemaster's feature to size up the enemy for his eye. So plan on seven, iirc, levels there to start.

Yeah, powerlevel isn't a concern. I'm aiming for fighting style and similar personality.

>when are we getting dirgesinger, bros
You can already play a dirgesiner as a lore bard

Going back to the necromancer skeleton summoner.. Would Wizard (Necromancer) be better at leading the undead vs Oathbreaker Paladin vs Death Domain Cleric? Like who actually gives the most benefits to their minions?

Evil alignment wouldn't stop you from being a 'normal' D&D adventurer. Just because you'd be more willing to do the grim shit that comes with life as an adventurer, or more willing to spread some of that violence to innocent beings with full sapience, doesn't mean you have to go around targeting innocent people for fun. That's self-destructive and meaningless and doesn't further their own goals or careers. And they still have friends and family they care about and can function in society.
If there's an Evil character in your party just be careful about someone coming along and offering better pay and/or benefits.

A little bit of Fighter is usually at least okay, with any other class. Non-casters can pair pretty well with Rogue. And the Cha spellcasters can do well mixed and matched.

Really depends on how important it is for you to try and be super-optimal. There's usually more breathing room in 5e for being comfortable if you're behind the curve compared to 3.X and 4e.

Or maybe multiclassing it?

I did this as part of a bigger thing to draw tokens for the entire party so we'd be able to find ourselves easier on the board, he doesn't wear the smith's apron on his shoulder and doesn't wear the bear hat or bandages with bear fur in them (he's Bear totem barb) normally. Yes he is the Seal Team 6 half-Orc

She's a grumpy wood elf druid lady who wears heavy winter robes with her armor underneath near-constantly.

An interesting thing to note is the Celestial Warlock's healing ability is one of the few healing effects that work on Undead. It might be interesting to play a Necromancer who's not about raising the dead in general, but has their own special team, with sentimental value that they take care of.

Thanks m8, paladins are my favorite class for the flavor and what they can represent. I try to do it justice whenever I can play one.

What?

Glad to help, DM liked the idea and had him as an NPC later on here and there since we mostly play in the same setting.

Monk and drop 3 points into Wizard and take Alter Self. Your transformation sequence will take 1 hour. Warlock Mask of Many faces is another option that is faster.