The northern barbarians sort of combine and declare themselves the rightful successors to the southern empire that...

>The northern barbarians sort of combine and declare themselves the rightful successors to the southern empire that their ancestors destroyed
What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca_head
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The remnant of the southern empire in the east gets a bit upset but nothing really happens.

... In other words, exactly what occurred in real life.

They continue feuding among themselves for the next thousand years or so

Whatever logically follows from that superficial and false reading of history, I guess.

/thread

>The northern barbarians sort of combine
A mighty king beat the northern and western barbarians over the head and took all their territory for himself

>and declare themselves the rightful successors to the southern empire that their ancestors destroyed
The religious leader inhabiting the former capital of the southern empire declared the mighty king to be the new emperor, NOT that his realm was the new empire. It's a small but important difference.

Where does the red come from?

The blood of our enemies

*Blocks your path

Poland

An autistic priest gets tossed into the mix and shitposts the Empire into a lengthy civil war, then some French guy with a knack for ruining Europe decides,"You know what? You don't exist anymore."

>tfw you immediately assume the symbol on the middle is Loss

As long as you're implying that centralized rule is superior to decentralized rule, I have no issue with that.

If I ever form a country it will have loss in the flag.

The sun has set for what was once a great country.

>The most pathetic Byzantine dynasty
why?

>the eastern barbarians sort of combine and declare themselves the rightful successors to the southern empire that they never had anything to do with and only know of from books, which didn't even come from this empire, but from its eastern offshoot

>a philosopher from a western neighboring empire makes fun of them a few hundred years later

>still takes money from friedrich the great

>No one cared who I was until I put up the theses

If I pulled that off, would you die?

It would be extremely divisive

You're a heretical guy.

They attempt a thousand year rule. It lasts like 2 decades.

For you.

Was getting excommunicated part of your plan?

Perhaps he's wondering why you would disembowel a man, before hanging him from the church tower.

>holy
>roman
>empire

>>>>Holy
>(((Roman)))
>""""Empire""""

>The Romans never even reached Sweden and Norway
NANI

Everyone knows Aztecs are true successors to Roman Empire.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca_head

But aztecs were the germaniggers of Mesoamerica themselves.

This
They raped, killed, and pillaged everything they saw.

That's not the issaurian one.

>is wrong as fuck
>is considered a hack
>gets quoted by intellectual analphabets that are gullible as fuck

So did rome.

They were surrounded by the same people. Fuckers were just the best at it.

>is wrong as fuck
Where's the lie then?

>1700s
>Holy Roman is half-Protestant so they lost the Pope's blessing, they don't have Rome, and they're barely holding together as an Empire

So did the Germans' neighbors!

It's a toss up really.
If it's not Justinian or Macedonian it's generally pathetic

Where did they go oh so fucking wrong? Byzantine history is just fuck up after fuck up sprinkled with civil wars.

Romans were natives of the latium expanding a civilized state, not savage migrators playing the role of leeches.

That's because the rest of nahua from the north were the mesoamerican equivalent to germaniggers as well.

Nigger, you know they called themselves the 3rd rome because they married people from the ruling dynasties of the byzantine empire. Ergo, they are connected by marriage and it would be perfectly legitimate in their eyes to consider themselves the inheritors of that legacy.

Reminder.

Calling the WRE illegitimate (and misspelling the word) is ridiculous. It had Rome itself and by the Romans' own reckoning was half of the empire.

what the fuck

Finland is still the true heir of Rome

In that case, Russia is truly its legitimate successor.

>WRE illegitimate
Orthoboo detected.

> WRE emerged as a consequence of Dioclecian's tetrarchy
> not legitimate
Ok son

Liechtenstein is heir to HRE.

Because of badass 2headed eagle

FUCKING

It emerged after Theodosian division, you bloody retard. And yes, it is illegitimate, or atleast it became that since Odoacer, after conquered Rome, sent imperial regales in the east and since then ruled Italy in their name, thus emprah in the east became legitimate successor of both.

There's a 200-year gap between the splitting of the Empire and Odoacer, so it was still legitimate.

>no appreciation for based Komnenian

Against my best effort this my EU4 game right now.

>start as teutonic order with plans to retake the holy land
>instantly get attacked by Europe and my ass kicked
>make some allies and slowly regain my provinces
>HRE starts hating me and three groups constantly declare war when the truce runs out
>gobble up small nations just to so I don't have to bother with who is figthing me in which war
>reformation starts spreading despite my best efforts
>local allies betray me and I need to ally with protestant and orthodox superpowers
>tfw becoming tolerant european empire instead of DEUS VULT

You forgot
>fucks Frederick the great then complains how loose he was
Black for the goal
Red for the blood that was shed to get here
Gold for Austria

Have you got the Justinian one for his cuck general

>playing as the bastard sons of the Templars which broke their promises and helped create the caricature of the eternal Jew
10/10
Also you’re suppoused to join the HRE nigga, secularising whenever you get a dynasty which lets you start easy clamiment wars

he isn't wrong as fuck, only people quoting him in the context of earlier iterations of the HRE are wrong.

At the time, he was entirely correct.

Well I guess the ERE was neither nor a Byzantine empire in 1453 because it had one ethnicity, Roman greeks, not many, and was reactionary not revolutionary

more like

Black for the coat
Red for the belt
Gold for the buttons

??? What did he mean by this???

You won't fucking tell be botched attempted at a stable tetrarchy wasn't one of the main causes of Roman Empire division, you dolt. It's like saying Dioclecian had no impact on the emergence of feudalism in Medieval Europe.

Italy should have never united.

>Italy should have never broken up in the first place

Fixed

That's not Italy. Italians who claim continuity with Rome are morons.

Justinian killed the WRE.

Fuck that, I can disband the HRE soon anyway. Just keeping my expansion low so that I can integrate bohemia finally.
I got the overpowered Ukraine on my side and HRE is busy with Sweden pressing south on them.

So your plan to retake The Holy Land seems to have morphed.

Right now it seems to be actually form a teutonic Intermarium and roll from there.

Well, it's not like I have much of a choice. Had I blindly pushed south-east I would have the entire Christian world against me. Right now I'm just happy that Muscovy occasionally helps me in a war and I'm slowly gaining a foothold in the Mediteranean. From there on out it's just a long push against the Ottomans who seem to own everything down there.

I love how a peasant and a prostitute became Eastern Rome's greatest rulers.

Christianity man

>Eastern "Rome"

Trips of Bizarro Satan don't lie. Can't be Roman if you're not Catholic.

>trusting bizzaro satan to tell you what's roman

>trusting a Greek and his various Slav children to tell you what's Roman

> thinks true Romans are catholic
> not followers of the glorious faith of our fathers since time immemorial

>implying rome didn't steal greek culture to begin with

>glorious faith
>gets subverted and replaced by Jewish desert cult focused on a guy who never even conquered anything

Iupiter weeps, but who weeps for Iupiter?

Apollo > Jupiter.

Wrong, what is best is centralized autonomy. Confederations of like minded areas united in a common interest who can self govern so long as they follow basic central rules.

So did Slavs, Egyptians, Indians, and many others. You don't see a Greek calling himself Pharaoh now do you?

That's because Rome, y'know, actually conquered Greece.

>ywn live in the timeline where egypt conquered hellas and combined sexy greek language with sexy egyptian outfits
Why live?

So now we must have a Jew, a German, and a Spaniard calling themselves Emperor!

I wasn't criticizing. When you retake The Holy Land it will be not as the head of an antiquated order with some land assets but as a nation the rival and superior of anyone trying to claim the name of Rome.

And yet Ellada still fell to its knees before the Roman might.

>You don't see a Greek calling himself Pharaoh now do you?

Ptolemy says hi. All of them.

Gods are patient, they can wait.
Still, if only Julian didn't fucking suddenly die...

You mean like Ptolemy?

>implying no Ptolemaic dynasty in our timeline

Julian could have been a timeless hero.
So sad that he couldn't make it :(

So, why did China disintegrated and was reborn from the ashes again and again while the Roman Empire never did it?

China didn't have a Praetorian Guard-equivalent formation that would nip dynasties in the bud almost every single time.